Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Partner Locked Out of Account
Hey, all.

My partner has been trying to come back to Flight Rising, but has been having a hiccup in that he's not been on since before the whole thing where you had to go to your e-mail and verify your account. He doesn't have access to that e-mail anymore, and attempts at contacting support seem to misunderstand that fact.

We're not really sure if he's just locked out for good and should just give up on his old dragons or if anyone else has had success with getting an old account back? Is there a specific way to go about it or any way to verify himself aside from a forgotten email from nine years ago? He knows the password, but until he clicks that link in his ancient email, it won't let him use it.

And if there is no way to get it back, would he get in trouble for making a NEW account since his old one--while still his--is completely incapable of being accessed?

Sincerely,

Partner of a guy who got real sad when talking about how much he loved complicated breeding projects
Hey, all.

My partner has been trying to come back to Flight Rising, but has been having a hiccup in that he's not been on since before the whole thing where you had to go to your e-mail and verify your account. He doesn't have access to that e-mail anymore, and attempts at contacting support seem to misunderstand that fact.

We're not really sure if he's just locked out for good and should just give up on his old dragons or if anyone else has had success with getting an old account back? Is there a specific way to go about it or any way to verify himself aside from a forgotten email from nine years ago? He knows the password, but until he clicks that link in his ancient email, it won't let him use it.

And if there is no way to get it back, would he get in trouble for making a NEW account since his old one--while still his--is completely incapable of being accessed?

Sincerely,

Partner of a guy who got real sad when talking about how much he loved complicated breeding projects
294869_900.png421497_900.png421214_900.png341914_900.png
@Kogoruhn

Is your partner following the steps outlined here? It asks for various information including the new email address he can access.

Please be aware that creating a "new" account can get him banned since FR limits us to a SINGLE account per person:

Multiple Account Policy.
@Kogoruhn

Is your partner following the steps outlined here? It asks for various information including the new email address he can access.

Please be aware that creating a "new" account can get him banned since FR limits us to a SINGLE account per person:

Multiple Account Policy.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

I just asked him and he said that he did. He says he was told he'd need to access a link on his old e-mail account. That's why he's confused.

And so was I when he told me, because I know folks who've got their accounts back by verifying other information.
@Nightwind

I just asked him and he said that he did. He says he was told he'd need to access a link on his old e-mail account. That's why he's confused.

And so was I when he told me, because I know folks who've got their accounts back by verifying other information.
294869_900.png421497_900.png421214_900.png341914_900.png
@Kogoruhn

In that case have him reiterate the "I have a new email address and no access to the old one" until Zendesk gets their head around it so they can send the link to the correct email address.

I would also have him check his current email's spam filter in case the link was sent to the corrected email address despite the text of the message. Inserting pre-formatted responses occasionally goes awry so Zendesk could have sent the wrong message but performed the correct action to send the link (it arrives in a separate message from what I've heard).

Hopefully this will get cleared up soon!
@Kogoruhn

In that case have him reiterate the "I have a new email address and no access to the old one" until Zendesk gets their head around it so they can send the link to the correct email address.

I would also have him check his current email's spam filter in case the link was sent to the corrected email address despite the text of the message. Inserting pre-formatted responses occasionally goes awry so Zendesk could have sent the wrong message but performed the correct action to send the link (it arrives in a separate message from what I've heard).

Hopefully this will get cleared up soon!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Kogoruhn" date="2023-07-04 13:20:02" ] I just asked him and he said that he did. He says he was told he'd need to access a link on his old e-mail account. That's why he's confused. And so was I when he told me, because I know folks who've got their accounts back by verifying other information. [/quote] @Kogoruhn, that sounds like the page players are directed to when attempting to login after an extended absence or logging in from a different device or location. [I]Flight Rising[/I] Support would request information to verify their identity, not simply redirect to a link sent to a defunct email. Please have your partner contact us through [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us[/b][/url] using [b]an email they have reliable access to[/b] when they do. Players are not required to be logged into their [I]Flight Rising[/I] accounts to access Contact Us. Thank you! @Nightwind, the page being described in this thread is part of our log-in flow on the [I]Flight Rising[/I] website itself, not our Helpdesk which is powered (but not run) by the platform Zendesk. Thank you!
Kogoruhn wrote on 2023-07-04 13:20:02:

@Kogoruhn, that sounds like the page players are directed to when attempting to login after an extended absence or logging in from a different device or location. Flight Rising Support would request information to verify their identity, not simply redirect to a link sent to a defunct email. Please have your partner contact us through Contact Us using an email they have reliable access to when they do. Players are not required to be logged into their Flight Rising accounts to access Contact Us. Thank you!

@Nightwind, the page being described in this thread is part of our log-in flow on the Flight Rising website itself, not our Helpdesk which is powered (but not run) by the platform Zendesk. Thank you!