Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Entire site lagging?
I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue, but it's driving me nuts and I have no idea what's causing it or what to do.

Since Monday 6/26, the entire site has been incredibly slow and buggy for me. Pages are abnormally slow to load, and often just do not load at all, forcing me to refresh numerous times to load the page. Sometimes I will just receive a "Cannot reach site/page" or "Connection reset" error. When pages do load, they're often full of broken/missing images and elements that do not load until another refresh or several. Buttons often lose functionality and require a refresh, or take several clicks to work. I can't maintain connection to the coliseum or fairground games reliably.

Browser: Opera GX, Firefox

I've tried to troubleshoot this as much as possible with no luck. I've cleared my caches, tried multiple browsers, and disabled my extensions (namely uBlock Origin, which I thought could be the culprit, but makes no difference on Opera GX or Firefox. This is the only relevant extension that would affect the page. I also have Opera GX's built-in blocker disabled.)
I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue, but it's driving me nuts and I have no idea what's causing it or what to do.

Since Monday 6/26, the entire site has been incredibly slow and buggy for me. Pages are abnormally slow to load, and often just do not load at all, forcing me to refresh numerous times to load the page. Sometimes I will just receive a "Cannot reach site/page" or "Connection reset" error. When pages do load, they're often full of broken/missing images and elements that do not load until another refresh or several. Buttons often lose functionality and require a refresh, or take several clicks to work. I can't maintain connection to the coliseum or fairground games reliably.

Browser: Opera GX, Firefox

I've tried to troubleshoot this as much as possible with no luck. I've cleared my caches, tried multiple browsers, and disabled my extensions (namely uBlock Origin, which I thought could be the culprit, but makes no difference on Opera GX or Firefox. This is the only relevant extension that would affect the page. I also have Opera GX's built-in blocker disabled.)
tumblr_inline_n9v718A0zU1qimaz8.png
@negora
Unfortunately, given this is limited to you (or a very small number of users), the likelihood is that there's a bad node between you and FR. If you have a VPN, changing your location may help.

(On the extension note - it's always worth disabling all extensions. Tumblr ones in particular are notorious for affecting sites they really shouldn't, so intended purpose is no guarantee of effect)
@negora
Unfortunately, given this is limited to you (or a very small number of users), the likelihood is that there's a bad node between you and FR. If you have a VPN, changing your location may help.

(On the extension note - it's always worth disabling all extensions. Tumblr ones in particular are notorious for affecting sites they really shouldn't, so intended purpose is no guarantee of effect)
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus
Thanks for your reply! I appreciate the note about Tumblr extensions because I do have XKit Rewritten. I did go and disable all of my extensions to be sure, but there was unfortunately no difference.

However, I did go set up a VPN, and yeah--site's working much better now. Hopefully that gets resolved soon as I don't really like to use a VPN for regular internet use, but certainly far more ideal than the site being half broken. Thank you!
@Vendrus
Thanks for your reply! I appreciate the note about Tumblr extensions because I do have XKit Rewritten. I did go and disable all of my extensions to be sure, but there was unfortunately no difference.

However, I did go set up a VPN, and yeah--site's working much better now. Hopefully that gets resolved soon as I don't really like to use a VPN for regular internet use, but certainly far more ideal than the site being half broken. Thank you!
Is this really effecting only a small number of users? FR is only lagging terribly for me? I can't even sell something from my hoard without loosing the connection and having to refresh over and over. Games are unplayable, as is the coliseum.

I disabled Adblock, and allowed Flightrising to have every cookie they want. I have no idea what a VPN and have never changed one.
Is this really effecting only a small number of users? FR is only lagging terribly for me? I can't even sell something from my hoard without loosing the connection and having to refresh over and over. Games are unplayable, as is the coliseum.

I disabled Adblock, and allowed Flightrising to have every cookie they want. I have no idea what a VPN and have never changed one.
O0xgpAG.png
@Aodan

Most likely, either you are having an in-home internet issue or one of the 'hops' between you and Flight Rising is down, causing loss of data when you and FR are attempting to communicate with each other. Troubleshooting this is moderately technical (using tools like traceroute) and unless you have a VPN (virtual private network - also moderately technical to implement and use) or can use an alternate internet source (like switch to a phone hotspot instead of using your home internet connection) it isn't likely to be something you or FR can fix. If you are up for learning new tools, you can look up articles/video guides on troubleshooting website connection issues to determine if the problem is inside your network or on the route between your internet provider an Flight Rising's servers.
@Aodan

Most likely, either you are having an in-home internet issue or one of the 'hops' between you and Flight Rising is down, causing loss of data when you and FR are attempting to communicate with each other. Troubleshooting this is moderately technical (using tools like traceroute) and unless you have a VPN (virtual private network - also moderately technical to implement and use) or can use an alternate internet source (like switch to a phone hotspot instead of using your home internet connection) it isn't likely to be something you or FR can fix. If you are up for learning new tools, you can look up articles/video guides on troubleshooting website connection issues to determine if the problem is inside your network or on the route between your internet provider an Flight Rising's servers.
Small update; I am still experiencing this issue, and still need to use a VPN to access the site. I also forgot to note that mobile works alright on my own network.

Thank you @Gryphonlady for the traceroute suggestion, I ran one and did come up with two non-responses.

Pinging @Aodan as well to confirm this is still happening for me--sorry to hear you've also been affected, but glad to know it's not just me, haha.
A VPN is the "easiest" immediate solution to this (read: least tedious after you set one up), but unfortunately will cost money.

A VPN will run on your computer/device and use your computer's regular internet connection at home to then connect to one of the VPN provider's networks. When you go to a website, this will make it look like your device is connecting from somewhere else than where you really are. Assuming your issue is similar to/the same as mine, what the VPN will do here is essentially bypass the obstacles in the connection specifically between your computer and Flight Rising by using a different connection without obstacles (unless you get really unlucky and just so happen to connect to one server out of hundreds or thousands that also just so happens to have an issue, lol, but then you can just connect to another server).

If you end up looking into VPNs, there are many services available with varying levels of popularity (and trustworthiness--many are well-known and safe, but never use one that claims to be free). I recommend doing some good research if you go this route, because there is a large variety as well as some misinformation out there on what VPNs actually do/provide. But a good one is perfectly safe to use.
Small update; I am still experiencing this issue, and still need to use a VPN to access the site. I also forgot to note that mobile works alright on my own network.

Thank you @Gryphonlady for the traceroute suggestion, I ran one and did come up with two non-responses.

Pinging @Aodan as well to confirm this is still happening for me--sorry to hear you've also been affected, but glad to know it's not just me, haha.
A VPN is the "easiest" immediate solution to this (read: least tedious after you set one up), but unfortunately will cost money.

A VPN will run on your computer/device and use your computer's regular internet connection at home to then connect to one of the VPN provider's networks. When you go to a website, this will make it look like your device is connecting from somewhere else than where you really are. Assuming your issue is similar to/the same as mine, what the VPN will do here is essentially bypass the obstacles in the connection specifically between your computer and Flight Rising by using a different connection without obstacles (unless you get really unlucky and just so happen to connect to one server out of hundreds or thousands that also just so happens to have an issue, lol, but then you can just connect to another server).

If you end up looking into VPNs, there are many services available with varying levels of popularity (and trustworthiness--many are well-known and safe, but never use one that claims to be free). I recommend doing some good research if you go this route, because there is a large variety as well as some misinformation out there on what VPNs actually do/provide. But a good one is perfectly safe to use.
Update again, in case anyone else is looking at this: traceroute still indicates outages (three instead of two now, actually) but the site is back to working normally for me without a VPN.
Update again, in case anyone else is looking at this: traceroute still indicates outages (three instead of two now, actually) but the site is back to working normally for me without a VPN.