Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | remove pursuit: Breed a pair of dragons
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16
[quote name="Ulises" date="2023-06-29 20:41:58" ] I don't really see why it being a weekly pursuit is relevant almost at all. [/quote] i assume this bit is directed at me but i keep bringing it up that it's a weekly pursuit because if you look in the first 5 pages of the thread people were demanding it be changed to a weekly pursuit instead - [i]when it already is one[/i]. people want it changed to something that already exists. you get 2 opportunities to do this style of pursuit and people are still complaining about it because you might not be able to do the daily :/// i just think it's a lot of entitlement to demand certain dailies be removed because you can't or don't want to do them. i don't want to brew recipes, i don't want to do fairgrounds, idgw i should be made to name my familiars if i don't want to - but you don't see me demanding these pursuits be removed from the pool it's just people refusing to accept that this is an opt-in feature that isn't going to ruin their life if they don't 100% it every single day. that's the bottom line i hope the devs don't give into this tbh
Ulises wrote on 2023-06-29 20:41:58:
I don't really see why it being a weekly pursuit is relevant almost at all.
i assume this bit is directed at me but i keep bringing it up that it's a weekly pursuit because if you look in the first 5 pages of the thread people were demanding it be changed to a weekly pursuit instead - when it already is one. people want it changed to something that already exists.

you get 2 opportunities to do this style of pursuit and people are still complaining about it because you might not be able to do the daily :///

i just think it's a lot of entitlement to demand certain dailies be removed because you can't or don't want to do them. i don't want to brew recipes, i don't want to do fairgrounds, idgw i should be made to name my familiars if i don't want to - but you don't see me demanding these pursuits be removed from the pool

it's just people refusing to accept that this is an opt-in feature that isn't going to ruin their life if they don't 100% it every single day. that's the bottom line

i hope the devs don't give into this tbh
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-30 03:55:11" ] [quote name="Ulises" date="2023-06-29 20:41:58" ] I don't really see why it being a weekly pursuit is relevant almost at all. [/quote] i assume this bit is directed at me but i keep bringing it up that it's a weekly pursuit because if you look in the first 5 pages of the thread people were demanding it be changed to a weekly pursuit instead - [i]when it already is one[/i]. people want it changed to something that already exists. you get 2 opportunities to do this style of pursuit and people are still complaining about it because you might not be able to do the daily :/// i just think it's a lot of entitlement to demand certain dailies be removed because you can't or don't want to do them. i don't want to brew recipes, i don't want to do fairgrounds, idgw i should be made to name my familiars if i don't want to - but you don't see me demanding these pursuits be removed from the pool it's just people refusing to accept that this is an opt-in feature that isn't going to ruin their life if they don't 100% it every single day. that's the bottom line i hope the devs don't give into this tbh [/quote] Why though? If it's already redundant by Incubate a Nest and an existing Breed A Pair of Dragons Daily/Weekly, then what's the big deal in removing it? It won't ruin anyone's life for it to be removed either, given how many other Pursuits there are. And as has been said numerous times already, there is a difference between choosing not to do something because you don't want to, and literally being unable to do something because of how the site works. People are 100% ignoring the game encourages you to breed as many dragons as you can as often as you can with the Achievements for breeding X number of dragons and hatching Y number of dragons. People are ignoring that this is a Daily that can pop up multiple times in one week, making it EXTREMELY unfeasible to just "leave nests open" for when the Daily comes up. So really, what would be any real problem with it being removed when we already have Pursuits that do the same thing? There really isn't one. It won't negatively affect people by having it removed since we have two Pursuits that effective do the same thing, which is asking you to interact with the breeding feature. It doesn't impact anyone's play style or take anything away from anyone. And we'll also be getting rid of a Pursuit that actively encourages people not to interact with an integral portion of the site, and thus contradicts several other Achievements. Also, people really like throwing that 'entitled' word around as a synonym for feedback. They aren't the same thing.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-30 03:55:11:
i assume this bit is directed at me but i keep bringing it up that it's a weekly pursuit because if you look in the first 5 pages of the thread people were demanding it be changed to a weekly pursuit instead - when it already is one. people want it changed to something that already exists.

you get 2 opportunities to do this style of pursuit and people are still complaining about it because you might not be able to do the daily :///

i just think it's a lot of entitlement to demand certain dailies be removed because you can't or don't want to do them. i don't want to brew recipes, i don't want to do fairgrounds, idgw i should be made to name my familiars if i don't want to - but you don't see me demanding these pursuits be removed from the pool

it's just people refusing to accept that this is an opt-in feature that isn't going to ruin their life if they don't 100% it every single day. that's the bottom line

Why though? If it's already redundant by Incubate a Nest and an existing Breed A Pair of Dragons Daily/Weekly, then what's the big deal in removing it? It won't ruin anyone's life for it to be removed either, given how many other Pursuits there are.

And as has been said numerous times already, there is a difference between choosing not to do something because you don't want to, and literally being unable to do something because of how the site works. People are 100% ignoring the game encourages you to breed as many dragons as you can as often as you can with the Achievements for breeding X number of dragons and hatching Y number of dragons. People are ignoring that this is a Daily that can pop up multiple times in one week, making it EXTREMELY unfeasible to just "leave nests open" for when the Daily comes up.

So really, what would be any real problem with it being removed when we already have Pursuits that do the same thing? There really isn't one. It won't negatively affect people by having it removed since we have two Pursuits that effective do the same thing, which is asking you to interact with the breeding feature. It doesn't impact anyone's play style or take anything away from anyone. And we'll also be getting rid of a Pursuit that actively encourages people not to interact with an integral portion of the site, and thus contradicts several other Achievements.

Also, people really like throwing that 'entitled' word around as a synonym for feedback. They aren't the same thing.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
If people are still bringing up, there are clearly people who still wants this to change/removed even in light of new information. It was a new feature, so people are going to learn new things as they do Pursuits. Even if you keep nests open only for these daily Pursuits, you could get locked out on the sixth day if you get a really bad luck streak. But that’s extremely unlikely. However, this is a breeding game at heart. Of course, people are going to want to interact with breeding. And they probably feel very restricted by this feature, which is discouraging them.

Breeding and incubating can be done on the same day, so I still never saw the need to keep breeding as a daily pursuit. Incubating does the job very well for dailies. People also suggested having the system detect used nests, so that it wouldn’t give you the pursuit. That also is pretty acceptable in my eyes, and it could be used on other things such as Baldwin with concerns of the token. I never really bothered go back and change my post because I feel like people already stated well enough to the new information. It already is fine as a weekly and monthly as stated by the poster, people are focusing on the daily pursuits. If people missed that detail, it does still mean they want to see changes or removal of the pursuit. People are not entitled to request changes to the brand new system or anything in general. This is a suggestion forum, so people are suggesting a change.
If people are still bringing up, there are clearly people who still wants this to change/removed even in light of new information. It was a new feature, so people are going to learn new things as they do Pursuits. Even if you keep nests open only for these daily Pursuits, you could get locked out on the sixth day if you get a really bad luck streak. But that’s extremely unlikely. However, this is a breeding game at heart. Of course, people are going to want to interact with breeding. And they probably feel very restricted by this feature, which is discouraging them.

Breeding and incubating can be done on the same day, so I still never saw the need to keep breeding as a daily pursuit. Incubating does the job very well for dailies. People also suggested having the system detect used nests, so that it wouldn’t give you the pursuit. That also is pretty acceptable in my eyes, and it could be used on other things such as Baldwin with concerns of the token. I never really bothered go back and change my post because I feel like people already stated well enough to the new information. It already is fine as a weekly and monthly as stated by the poster, people are focusing on the daily pursuits. If people missed that detail, it does still mean they want to see changes or removal of the pursuit. People are not entitled to request changes to the brand new system or anything in general. This is a suggestion forum, so people are suggesting a change.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
@Elai @DarkVixen breeding and incubating are two different things - one is encouraging you to breed a pair of dragons (which is the core function of the site) and the other is asking you to tend to a nest, that's why they're different pursuits
@Elai @DarkVixen breeding and incubating are two different things - one is encouraging you to breed a pair of dragons (which is the core function of the site) and the other is asking you to tend to a nest, that's why they're different pursuits
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-30 03:55:11" ] [quote name="Ulises" date="2023-06-29 20:41:58" ] I don't really see why it being a weekly pursuit is relevant almost at all. [/quote] i assume this bit is directed at me but i keep bringing it up that it's a weekly pursuit because if you look in the first 5 pages of the thread people were demanding it be changed to a weekly pursuit instead - [i]when it already is one[/i]. people want it changed to something that already exists. you get 2 opportunities to do this style of pursuit and people are still complaining about it because you might not be able to do the daily :/// i just think it's a lot of entitlement to demand certain dailies be removed because you can't or don't want to do them. i don't want to brew recipes, i don't want to do fairgrounds, idgw i should be made to name my familiars if i don't want to - but you don't see me demanding these pursuits be removed from the pool it's just people refusing to accept that this is an opt-in feature that isn't going to ruin their life if they don't 100% it every single day. that's the bottom line i hope the devs don't give into this tbh [/quote] It's not necessarily about not being able to do it. It's that people are not playing the game by waiting around for this daily pursuit to come up. They choose to hold a nest in reserve, for example. The pursuit can eliminate [i]itself[/i] unless you are nesting in a rolling fashion. It's a pursuit that's only achievable by two specific playstyles: rolling nests or not nesting much (or at all) until the pursuit comes up. The first one, fine. That's a way to do it. But it [i]is[/i] really weird there's a pursuit that encourages you to [i]not[/i] use a site mechanic because by using it you could eliminate a reward you could have gotten by using it later. Just because you can ignore this particular task/reward because it's kind of odd doesn't its a good task/reward. I personally think the reward isn't intended to have this effect because it [i]is[/i] a bizarre effect. Encouraging people to not nest is a strange thing to encourage, but that's exactly what this pursuit does. I'm just real confused about who it hurts to remove it. Since that's what the suggestion is. To [i]remove[/i] this daily pursuit and have it only weekly and monthly - because it's already there. I don't know what you're on about for that point, personally.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-30 03:55:11:

It's not necessarily about not being able to do it. It's that people are not playing the game by waiting around for this daily pursuit to come up. They choose to hold a nest in reserve, for example.

The pursuit can eliminate itself unless you are nesting in a rolling fashion. It's a pursuit that's only achievable by two specific playstyles: rolling nests or not nesting much (or at all) until the pursuit comes up. The first one, fine. That's a way to do it. But it is really weird there's a pursuit that encourages you to not use a site mechanic because by using it you could eliminate a reward you could have gotten by using it later.

Just because you can ignore this particular task/reward because it's kind of odd doesn't its a good task/reward. I personally think the reward isn't intended to have this effect because it is a bizarre effect. Encouraging people to not nest is a strange thing to encourage, but that's exactly what this pursuit does.

I'm just real confused about who it hurts to remove it.
Since that's what the suggestion is. To remove this daily pursuit and have it only weekly and monthly - because it's already there. I don't know what you're on about for that point, personally.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-30 09:22:31" ] @/Elai @DarkVixen breeding and incubating are two different things - one is encouraging you to breed a pair of dragons (which is the core function of the site) and the other is asking you to tend to a nest, that's why they're different pursuits [/quote] They are, but they do interact with the breeding feature. Breeding even leads you into incubating immediately. So, I don’t see the need to keep breeding as a daily. To be honest, breeding a pair could be removed altogether and Incubating could remain as an only breeding task, but I don’t see that needed for weekly or monthly. It’s just really restrictive as a daily (in terms of breeding gameplay and locking you out. No breeders should feel the need to keep their nests open for pursuits). I do think Incubating is well enough as a breeding task on its own though.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-30 09:22:31:
@/Elai @DarkVixen breeding and incubating are two different things - one is encouraging you to breed a pair of dragons (which is the core function of the site) and the other is asking you to tend to a nest, that's why they're different pursuits
They are, but they do interact with the breeding feature. Breeding even leads you into incubating immediately. So, I don’t see the need to keep breeding as a daily. To be honest, breeding a pair could be removed altogether and Incubating could remain as an only breeding task, but I don’t see that needed for weekly or monthly. It’s just really restrictive as a daily (in terms of breeding gameplay and locking you out. No breeders should feel the need to keep their nests open for pursuits). I do think Incubating is well enough as a breeding task on its own though.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
@hungryhobbits
But that's the point. If it already exists as a Weekly Pursuit then why does it have to be a Daily and why would removing it be a big deal? How is it entitlement for people to not want to have to change their play style for Pursuits that are literally supposed to be the easiest ones? And again, there's the fact that this Pursuit can come up multiple times a week so even if you do change your play style a little to leave one nest open, you can get it again the next day.

Yes, it's a small amount of currency. Yes, not being able to do it a handful of times won't prevent people from being able to max out the Reward Meter if they have to time to do all the other Weekly/Monthly Pursuits.

But it's also still one that actively discourages interacting with breeding because the only way to ensure you can do it is to hold at least one nest empty at all times, and many people will want to max out their Achievement currency (does this stuff have an actual name btw). We don't HAVE to but we WANT to, and if we WANT to we should be able to, without having to stop interacting with any given mechanic. Honestly any of the Pursuits that are attached to things that have timers, such as breeding dragons or making Baldwin brews, should be Weekly Pursuits.

And again, if we already have a Weekly Pursuit for breeding dragons, there's no need for having a Daily one. Nothing is lost by removing the Daily one. It literally doesn't affect anyone negatively to remove it. So why is removing it such a bad thing that the devs shouldn't consider? Removing it removes a Pursuit that goes against the main aspect of the game, which is to breed dragons, because the only way to ensure you can do it any given day it comes up is to leave open at least one nest at all times.

And I'm being genuine btw here, I truly don't understand why it would be a bad thing for this to be removed.
@hungryhobbits
But that's the point. If it already exists as a Weekly Pursuit then why does it have to be a Daily and why would removing it be a big deal? How is it entitlement for people to not want to have to change their play style for Pursuits that are literally supposed to be the easiest ones? And again, there's the fact that this Pursuit can come up multiple times a week so even if you do change your play style a little to leave one nest open, you can get it again the next day.

Yes, it's a small amount of currency. Yes, not being able to do it a handful of times won't prevent people from being able to max out the Reward Meter if they have to time to do all the other Weekly/Monthly Pursuits.

But it's also still one that actively discourages interacting with breeding because the only way to ensure you can do it is to hold at least one nest empty at all times, and many people will want to max out their Achievement currency (does this stuff have an actual name btw). We don't HAVE to but we WANT to, and if we WANT to we should be able to, without having to stop interacting with any given mechanic. Honestly any of the Pursuits that are attached to things that have timers, such as breeding dragons or making Baldwin brews, should be Weekly Pursuits.

And again, if we already have a Weekly Pursuit for breeding dragons, there's no need for having a Daily one. Nothing is lost by removing the Daily one. It literally doesn't affect anyone negatively to remove it. So why is removing it such a bad thing that the devs shouldn't consider? Removing it removes a Pursuit that goes against the main aspect of the game, which is to breed dragons, because the only way to ensure you can do it any given day it comes up is to leave open at least one nest at all times.

And I'm being genuine btw here, I truly don't understand why it would be a bad thing for this to be removed.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
@Elai nah you're good i appreciate you asking. i feel like having it as a daily and a weekly gives people MORE flexibility as opposed to less - the daily CONTRIBUTES to the weekly, but the weekly is 3 nests as opposed to the daily 1 nest (which seems more capable of locking people out than the daily)

they work in tangent or independently - which means if doing one causes you to complete the other, you get even more points!

but maybe i don't want to breed 3 nests, what if i only have 2 spaces because i didn't time things correctly and its the end of the week? well i can still at least get the daily pursuit!

plus i mean it's just a simple reward for people who breed their dragons regularly - like the point of this is that none of it needs to be done. you will not be punished for it being incomplete. that's why demanding the removal of pursuits like this that people just... don't like is a form of entitlement, to me anyway. because how is that fair to the people that DO like those pursuits? (i like randomly breeding my dragons)

i dont like the fairground pursuits because i don't like doing fairgrounds. i hate glimmer and gloom, i refuse to try it even for the pursuit because even with guides i'm simply incapable of playing it to where it would benefit me in anyway. this is a pursuit that i am locked out of, but am i asking it to be removed? no??? i just... don't do it. and i dont ask for it to be removed because there are people who can get that pursuit and should be allowed to benefit from it

this isnt directly specifically at you but its something i keep seeing: me saying this gives others a chance to reply with "well if it doesnt matter, why do you care if it gets removed?" and the answer is because i do care and im allowed to care if i want to?

the point of the suggestion thread isn't that everyone has to agree with you. not everyone is going to agree with your suggestions and theyre allowed to voice that disagreement! you have to hear from others, and their wants and desires are just as important as yours even if you dont agree with them (like for example: i dont like that g1 collectors dominate conversations about color scroll item suggestions but i have to accept that they get a say too)
@Elai nah you're good i appreciate you asking. i feel like having it as a daily and a weekly gives people MORE flexibility as opposed to less - the daily CONTRIBUTES to the weekly, but the weekly is 3 nests as opposed to the daily 1 nest (which seems more capable of locking people out than the daily)

they work in tangent or independently - which means if doing one causes you to complete the other, you get even more points!

but maybe i don't want to breed 3 nests, what if i only have 2 spaces because i didn't time things correctly and its the end of the week? well i can still at least get the daily pursuit!

plus i mean it's just a simple reward for people who breed their dragons regularly - like the point of this is that none of it needs to be done. you will not be punished for it being incomplete. that's why demanding the removal of pursuits like this that people just... don't like is a form of entitlement, to me anyway. because how is that fair to the people that DO like those pursuits? (i like randomly breeding my dragons)

i dont like the fairground pursuits because i don't like doing fairgrounds. i hate glimmer and gloom, i refuse to try it even for the pursuit because even with guides i'm simply incapable of playing it to where it would benefit me in anyway. this is a pursuit that i am locked out of, but am i asking it to be removed? no??? i just... don't do it. and i dont ask for it to be removed because there are people who can get that pursuit and should be allowed to benefit from it

this isnt directly specifically at you but its something i keep seeing: me saying this gives others a chance to reply with "well if it doesnt matter, why do you care if it gets removed?" and the answer is because i do care and im allowed to care if i want to?

the point of the suggestion thread isn't that everyone has to agree with you. not everyone is going to agree with your suggestions and theyre allowed to voice that disagreement! you have to hear from others, and their wants and desires are just as important as yours even if you dont agree with them (like for example: i dont like that g1 collectors dominate conversations about color scroll item suggestions but i have to accept that they get a say too)
41328.png -
Candy Coated Dragons
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-30 11:49:26" ] [quote="Elai"] [snip] And I'm being genuine btw here, I truly don't understand why it would be a bad thing for this to be removed. [/quote] [snip] this isnt directly specifically at you but its something i keep seeing: me saying this gives others a chance to reply with "well if it doesnt matter, why do you care if it gets removed?" and the answer is because i do care and im allowed to care if i want to? [/quote] Funny, the question I keep seeing is not "why do you care?" but "why would it be bad?" I'm still confused about this. The fact that you would "care" if it got changed isn't really a bad reason to me. I don't know why you care beyond some kind of perceived sense of entitlement. The fact that this pursuit encourages people [i]to not breed[/i] their dragons seems like it's having the effect opposite of what it intended. Thinking it should be changed/removed may have nothing to do with whether or not people like it. The same pursuit exists in Weekly and Monthly - they aren't losing the pursuit they like; and they aren't losing it if the related pursuit is only "incubate" either, since if you don't have a nest active then you have to make one... so the only difference is that a pursuit based on incubation could not [i]lock itself out[/i] and therefore wouldn't discourage people from using a game mechanic. Thinking it's a bad pursuit doesn't have to have anything to do with whether one is using them or not. I think it should be changed because it appears to not be working well. I ignore pursuits, and I plan to continue to ignore them until I run out of that Achievement currency and I need more. I think it's a badly-designed pursuit. One or two in literally hundreds of pursuits and achievements is still an unrealistically good outcome.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-30 11:49:26:
Elai wrote:
[snip]

[snip]

Funny, the question I keep seeing is not "why do you care?" but "why would it be bad?" I'm still confused about this. The fact that you would "care" if it got changed isn't really a bad reason to me. I don't know why you care beyond some kind of perceived sense of entitlement.

The fact that this pursuit encourages people to not breed their dragons seems like it's having the effect opposite of what it intended. Thinking it should be changed/removed may have nothing to do with whether or not people like it. The same pursuit exists in Weekly and Monthly - they aren't losing the pursuit they like; and they aren't losing it if the related pursuit is only "incubate" either, since if you don't have a nest active then you have to make one... so the only difference is that a pursuit based on incubation could not lock itself out and therefore wouldn't discourage people from using a game mechanic. Thinking it's a bad pursuit doesn't have to have anything to do with whether one is using them or not. I think it should be changed because it appears to not be working well. I ignore pursuits, and I plan to continue to ignore them until I run out of that Achievement currency and I need more.

I think it's a badly-designed pursuit. One or two in literally hundreds of pursuits and achievements is still an unrealistically good outcome.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@hungryhobbits your argue looks wrong.
That IS the point. You hate fairy ground and you punished with pursuit loss NOT doing fairy ground.
In opposite to "breed pair" Pursuit.
When you LOVE breeding dragons. And that's why your nests oquped.
And this you punished with pursuit loss for... what? For that you are doing most actively particular site activity?
And as mentioned above this pursuit discourage players do activities (I.e. force them do not breed dragons until they meet pursuit)

That is for me ridiculous and controversial to entire pursuit idea.
@hungryhobbits your argue looks wrong.
That IS the point. You hate fairy ground and you punished with pursuit loss NOT doing fairy ground.
In opposite to "breed pair" Pursuit.
When you LOVE breeding dragons. And that's why your nests oquped.
And this you punished with pursuit loss for... what? For that you are doing most actively particular site activity?
And as mentioned above this pursuit discourage players do activities (I.e. force them do not breed dragons until they meet pursuit)

That is for me ridiculous and controversial to entire pursuit idea.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16