Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Good sites to sell commissions?
I've had some difficulty getting any bites last time i tried opening up my commissions on here with cash payment only- with only one bite and then nothing for weeks even with regular bumping. I'm sure it's just because the site has it's own currency and nothing more but I don't really have any other place besides a very very small tumblr. I used to have a DA but when the site layout changed a while back it was too much of an eyestrain for me so I've been unable to use it.

People talk a lot about furaffinity being a good site to open up commissions but as I am not a furry myself I feel like me opening up commissions there while not being part of their community is kinda disrespectful.

Any suggestions?
I've had some difficulty getting any bites last time i tried opening up my commissions on here with cash payment only- with only one bite and then nothing for weeks even with regular bumping. I'm sure it's just because the site has it's own currency and nothing more but I don't really have any other place besides a very very small tumblr. I used to have a DA but when the site layout changed a while back it was too much of an eyestrain for me so I've been unable to use it.

People talk a lot about furaffinity being a good site to open up commissions but as I am not a furry myself I feel like me opening up commissions there while not being part of their community is kinda disrespectful.

Any suggestions?
ywCJX34.png
twitter, instagram. i think sticking with tumblr is a good idea as well
there are a lot of ways to gain a bit of a reputation for yourself, one of the biggest ones being doing fandom artwork/adopts/etc. i know a Lot of friends and mutuals who make a decent amount of cash doing furry or warrior cats adopts
twitter, instagram. i think sticking with tumblr is a good idea as well
there are a lot of ways to gain a bit of a reputation for yourself, one of the biggest ones being doing fandom artwork/adopts/etc. i know a Lot of friends and mutuals who make a decent amount of cash doing furry or warrior cats adopts
Depends on what your target audience is going to be, but ko-fi might not be a bad place to look too. But that's mostly for if you have a following already I think. It might be better to start on more mainstream social media like fatui mentioned.
Depends on what your target audience is going to be, but ko-fi might not be a bad place to look too. But that's mostly for if you have a following already I think. It might be better to start on more mainstream social media like fatui mentioned.
Untitled_Artwork.png
rjSiOyf.gif
P R O J E C T S
the librarythe questpixel art
red_king_poro_by_lilmisssunbear-d89bpvq.gif
I use Toyhouse’s forums and a few public Discords. Despite there being Discords dedicated towards commissions (which you can find through Disboard) I’ve actually gotten the most bites through the Art Fight Discord, not just during the Art Fight season but all times of the year.

Using platforms like those really helps since I’m an artist who mostly posts fanart for very obscure fandoms, and it’s hard to get a large following that way. With what I use, you get the same coverage as anyone else.
I use Toyhouse’s forums and a few public Discords. Despite there being Discords dedicated towards commissions (which you can find through Disboard) I’ve actually gotten the most bites through the Art Fight Discord, not just during the Art Fight season but all times of the year.

Using platforms like those really helps since I’m an artist who mostly posts fanart for very obscure fandoms, and it’s hard to get a large following that way. With what I use, you get the same coverage as anyone else.
AqaqXxe.png
I get a god portion of mine via Toy House, posting and selling pre-made characters seems to work best there though so if your looking to draw other's pre-existing characters Instagram's a good one, I've been using that one for a while and collected a good following.
I get a god portion of mine via Toy House, posting and selling pre-made characters seems to work best there though so if your looking to draw other's pre-existing characters Instagram's a good one, I've been using that one for a while and collected a good following.
66114084_LQjLA9TWOgWrUkw.png
@fatui @inhumanelm @Chimerii @gizm0w0

Thank you everyone! I'll look into all the suggestions.
@fatui @inhumanelm @Chimerii @gizm0w0

Thank you everyone! I'll look into all the suggestions.
ywCJX34.png