Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Euphoria
Welcome to the 1x1!
A world famous researcher and scientist, known as the Writer, has hired a top of the notch body guard to protect his only son, his rarest asset. The research he does involves a dark world full of cut throats aiming to keep him silent, to keep his work out of the hands of their enemies.

Jasper is the Writer's son, stuck at the lonely mansion of his family. Due to a life threatening incident his father has banned him from leaving the property, his home now a prison. Will this new body guard be able to keep him safe from his father's greatest enemies, or will Jasper drive the body guard to an early grave...?
Characters:
The Writer - Age: Mid 40s - Gender: Male - Other: Unknown
Jasper Koden - Age: 24 - Gender: Male - Other: Terminally Sick
Welcome to the 1x1!
A world famous researcher and scientist, known as the Writer, has hired a top of the notch body guard to protect his only son, his rarest asset. The research he does involves a dark world full of cut throats aiming to keep him silent, to keep his work out of the hands of their enemies.

Jasper is the Writer's son, stuck at the lonely mansion of his family. Due to a life threatening incident his father has banned him from leaving the property, his home now a prison. Will this new body guard be able to keep him safe from his father's greatest enemies, or will Jasper drive the body guard to an early grave...?
Characters:
The Writer - Age: Mid 40s - Gender: Male - Other: Unknown
Jasper Koden - Age: 24 - Gender: Male - Other: Terminally Sick
FR Time: +3
Avid reader/ Role player / Cauldron Services

Nicknames: Jay
Pronouns: He\They
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Can be rude at times due to the resentment he holds against his father. Known to get into trouble, though not always on purpose. Can sometimes be found in the green house reading or sketching the flowers.

History: Jasper was born to a mother that didn't want him. At the age of two she left her son, never looking back. He has no memories of her and often doesn't think about her...though at times he finds himself missing her. He has few memories of his father, as his dad is always away, usually out of the country doing his research.
Jay isn't quite sure what his father is researching just that it is very powerful.

Soon after his mother left Jasper became sick, stuck in bed for days or even weeks. After many years of doctors and tests his illness is still a mystery. Every month a doctor comes to visit him, only to tell Jay that he is slowing dying.

When Jasper was 18 he had snuck out of the house, wanting to do what other teenagers his age were doing. Finding a club he was able to get in, spending a few hours dancing and drinking. On his way home, drunk and barely able to walk, he ran into two men who kidnapped him. For three days he was their prisoner as they attempted to get money from his father.

It was his father's security team that had found him on the third day, tied to a chair and bleeding from his neck. They had interrupted the kidnappers attempting to scare the Writer into sending money, showing that they would kill Jasper. He has a scar on his neck that he tries not to look at, not wanting to remember the fear of those days.

Now though Jay stays on the mansion grounds, somedays he's able to walk and enjoy things others he can barely get down the stairs. He's given up on the hope of a cure to the mysterious illness that plagues him, instead just ignoring it the best he can.

@EuphoriasDelight

Nicknames: Jay
Pronouns: He\They
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Can be rude at times due to the resentment he holds against his father. Known to get into trouble, though not always on purpose. Can sometimes be found in the green house reading or sketching the flowers.

History: Jasper was born to a mother that didn't want him. At the age of two she left her son, never looking back. He has no memories of her and often doesn't think about her...though at times he finds himself missing her. He has few memories of his father, as his dad is always away, usually out of the country doing his research.
Jay isn't quite sure what his father is researching just that it is very powerful.

Soon after his mother left Jasper became sick, stuck in bed for days or even weeks. After many years of doctors and tests his illness is still a mystery. Every month a doctor comes to visit him, only to tell Jay that he is slowing dying.

When Jasper was 18 he had snuck out of the house, wanting to do what other teenagers his age were doing. Finding a club he was able to get in, spending a few hours dancing and drinking. On his way home, drunk and barely able to walk, he ran into two men who kidnapped him. For three days he was their prisoner as they attempted to get money from his father.

It was his father's security team that had found him on the third day, tied to a chair and bleeding from his neck. They had interrupted the kidnappers attempting to scare the Writer into sending money, showing that they would kill Jasper. He has a scar on his neck that he tries not to look at, not wanting to remember the fear of those days.

Now though Jay stays on the mansion grounds, somedays he's able to walk and enjoy things others he can barely get down the stairs. He's given up on the hope of a cure to the mysterious illness that plagues him, instead just ignoring it the best he can.

@EuphoriasDelight
Aw yeah, let's get this party started >:D! I present to you... [i]ze boi[/i] ----- [Size=5][b]× [u]Nathan O'Brien[/u][/b][/size] [b]Nicknames:[/b] Nate | Brian | Vulture [b]Age:[/b] 27 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Pronouns:[/b] He/Him [b]Sexuality:[/b] Gay [b]Appearance:[/b] [img]https://i.ibb.co/6FRbccx/1374338-90b-Suyxu.png[/img] (The picrew didn't have it but he wears a black bandana on his face that covers up to his nose. Underneath it, he has several scars along his jawline and nose.) [b]Personality:[/b] Nathan's a rather quiet guy who barely talks to his employers or coworkers aside from official business. He avoids social interactions as much as possible by not-so-friendly means, such as excusing himself to do some work, act as if he didn't see you or just blatantly ignoring you. Despite all this, he's really caring to those who do manage to be close with him and would do anything to keep them safe. [b]History:[/b] Being born to a rather poor family, he helped out as much as he could from a young age by taking any jobs he could find, caring for pets, tending to other people's yards and babysitting. After finishing his studies, he joined the army, in which he stayed in for 2 years. During one of his final missions, him and his squadron were ambushed by enemy forces. Many of his companions were K.I.A while others were taken away as hostages to never be seen again. He managed to save two of his closest friends, but it came at the price of several life-threatening wounds with many surgeries to follow. After being honorably discharged a few months later when his contract ended, he finished the recovery of his wounds and began working as a bodyguard a year later. (This was longer, but the page reloaded on me suddenly and I had half of my text gone so, yeah ;-;") [b]Other:[/b] × PTSD has been dormant for a few years but is still triggered by certain scenarios.
Aw yeah, let's get this party started >:D!
I present to you... ze boi
× Nathan O'Brien
Nicknames: Nate | Brian | Vulture
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexuality: Gay
Appearance:
1374338-90b-Suyxu.png
(The picrew didn't have it but he wears a black bandana on his face that covers up to his nose. Underneath it, he has several scars along his jawline and nose.)

Personality:
Nathan's a rather quiet guy who barely talks to his employers or coworkers aside from official business. He avoids social interactions as much as possible by not-so-friendly means, such as excusing himself to do some work, act as if he didn't see you or just blatantly ignoring you. Despite all this, he's really caring to those who do manage to be close with him and would do anything to keep them safe.

History:
Being born to a rather poor family, he helped out as much as he could from a young age by taking any jobs he could find, caring for pets, tending to other people's yards and babysitting.

After finishing his studies, he joined the army, in which he stayed in for 2 years.

During one of his final missions, him and his squadron were ambushed by enemy forces. Many of his companions were K.I.A while others were taken away as hostages to never be seen again. He managed to save two of his closest friends, but it came at the price of several life-threatening wounds with many surgeries to follow.

After being honorably discharged a few months later when his contract ended, he finished the recovery of his wounds and began working as a bodyguard a year later.

(This was longer, but the page reloaded on me suddenly and I had half of my text gone so, yeah ;-;")

Other:
× PTSD has been dormant for a few years but is still triggered by certain scenarios.
(Love him :3 Jay is gonna drive him crazy mwahahaha, also Imma get my post up tomorrow, i just spent like 3 hours playing monster hunting and im tired xc)
(Love him :3 Jay is gonna drive him crazy mwahahaha, also Imma get my post up tomorrow, i just spent like 3 hours playing monster hunting and im tired xc)
The sun was still burning off the mist surrounding the mansion as Jasper snuck down into the kitchen, his heart set on a strawberry croissant. His doctor kept warning him about sugar and caffeine and blah blah blah. It was all stuff Jay didn't care about it, why shouldn't he enjoy the sweet treats in life just because he was sick...it wasn't like it could make it worst.

Bundled up in a sweater he sprinted to the kitchen, breathing heavily as he pushed open the door and peeked inside. His family had had the same cook for over twenty years now, his father refusing to hire any one new after the incident a few years ago. Seeing the kitchen was empty he crept in, spotting the cooking croissants. Eyes lighting up Jay grabbed one from the rack, stuffing half of it into his mouth. "Ah, so good." He mumbled around the food. He didn't care that the croissant was still too hot to eat, he preferred them that way really.

Sitting by the window he watched the mist shrouded landscape before him. The garden spread out, grass neatly cut and flowers trimmed. Under a bush emerged a bunny, it's nose twitching as it slowly hopped further out. Jay watched it as he finished the last half of his hard won breakfast then got up to fetch another.
The sun was still burning off the mist surrounding the mansion as Jasper snuck down into the kitchen, his heart set on a strawberry croissant. His doctor kept warning him about sugar and caffeine and blah blah blah. It was all stuff Jay didn't care about it, why shouldn't he enjoy the sweet treats in life just because he was sick...it wasn't like it could make it worst.

Bundled up in a sweater he sprinted to the kitchen, breathing heavily as he pushed open the door and peeked inside. His family had had the same cook for over twenty years now, his father refusing to hire any one new after the incident a few years ago. Seeing the kitchen was empty he crept in, spotting the cooking croissants. Eyes lighting up Jay grabbed one from the rack, stuffing half of it into his mouth. "Ah, so good." He mumbled around the food. He didn't care that the croissant was still too hot to eat, he preferred them that way really.

Sitting by the window he watched the mist shrouded landscape before him. The garden spread out, grass neatly cut and flowers trimmed. Under a bush emerged a bunny, it's nose twitching as it slowly hopped further out. Jay watched it as he finished the last half of his hard won breakfast then got up to fetch another.
Boop
Boop
Nathan sighed as he once again found himself looking everywhere for Jasper, his newest client's son. He was paid a great sum of money to watch over him and do what he knows best, be a bodyguard. The only problem was, of course, that Jasper wasn't exactly fond of the idea of him following him around everywhere, and would tend to somehow escape his watchful gaze. Although, he was starting to doubt if "watchful" was even the correct word anymore.

He walked into the kitchen and looked around, spotting the cook talking to themselves in what he could identify as an angry tone as they tended to some croissants.

Nathan knocked on the kitchen door to make his presence known, despite already being in the room.

"Seen Jasper?" He asked, his words just slightly muffled by the bandana that covered his mouth.

The cook turned to look at him and sighed, crossing their arms and shaking their head as a response.
"No, I haven't. But no doubt it was he who stole one of my strawberry croissants. They were freshly baked as well..."

Nathan nodded and left without a word. He kept on looking around for what felt like an hour before he finally found him. Or rather... bumped into him.

He took a step back and looked down at Jasper, a frown appearing on his face as he fixed his posture.

"I was looking for you."
I'M ALIVE!! We went on a trip to the south and I am exhausted
Nathan sighed as he once again found himself looking everywhere for Jasper, his newest client's son. He was paid a great sum of money to watch over him and do what he knows best, be a bodyguard. The only problem was, of course, that Jasper wasn't exactly fond of the idea of him following him around everywhere, and would tend to somehow escape his watchful gaze. Although, he was starting to doubt if "watchful" was even the correct word anymore.

He walked into the kitchen and looked around, spotting the cook talking to themselves in what he could identify as an angry tone as they tended to some croissants.

Nathan knocked on the kitchen door to make his presence known, despite already being in the room.

"Seen Jasper?" He asked, his words just slightly muffled by the bandana that covered his mouth.

The cook turned to look at him and sighed, crossing their arms and shaking their head as a response.
"No, I haven't. But no doubt it was he who stole one of my strawberry croissants. They were freshly baked as well..."

Nathan nodded and left without a word. He kept on looking around for what felt like an hour before he finally found him. Or rather... bumped into him.

He took a step back and looked down at Jasper, a frown appearing on his face as he fixed his posture.

"I was looking for you."
I'M ALIVE!! We went on a trip to the south and I am exhausted
Jasper looked up as he stepped back, "What are you a wall?" he asked, crossing his arms. He was both surprised and impressed that Nate had found him this quickly, he was hoping to sneak in a few more croissants. "Well you found me." He said and stepped around the guy that was suppose to be his guard.

He didn't see the point really, what was there to guard him from in the house? His father had some of the best elementalist guarding the estate, he didn't need one following at his heels. "What do you want?" He asked and peeked into the kitchen, frowning as he saw the cook...so much for more croissants. Sighing Jay stepped away from the door and whistled, a white Pomeranian soon hurtling towards him. Bending down he petted the dog's head. "You know if my father wanted to protect me he could have at least gotten me a guard dog." He said and straightened, smirking at Nathan, "Though I guess you'll do."

Picking on the bodyguard was a good past time of his, though it did get boring at times. Right now he was itching to go outside, and by outside he meant off of the estate. Perhaps into town, browse through a few shops. He felt well enough to do it, it'd been a week now since he'd been bed ridden after trying to summon some magic. It had been worthless to try, something he already knew but that didn't stop him. Sometimes he was lucky enough to light a candle or make a leaf move with some wind.
Jasper looked up as he stepped back, "What are you a wall?" he asked, crossing his arms. He was both surprised and impressed that Nate had found him this quickly, he was hoping to sneak in a few more croissants. "Well you found me." He said and stepped around the guy that was suppose to be his guard.

He didn't see the point really, what was there to guard him from in the house? His father had some of the best elementalist guarding the estate, he didn't need one following at his heels. "What do you want?" He asked and peeked into the kitchen, frowning as he saw the cook...so much for more croissants. Sighing Jay stepped away from the door and whistled, a white Pomeranian soon hurtling towards him. Bending down he petted the dog's head. "You know if my father wanted to protect me he could have at least gotten me a guard dog." He said and straightened, smirking at Nathan, "Though I guess you'll do."

Picking on the bodyguard was a good past time of his, though it did get boring at times. Right now he was itching to go outside, and by outside he meant off of the estate. Perhaps into town, browse through a few shops. He felt well enough to do it, it'd been a week now since he'd been bed ridden after trying to summon some magic. It had been worthless to try, something he already knew but that didn't stop him. Sometimes he was lucky enough to light a candle or make a leaf move with some wind.
Nathan raised an eyebrow when he saw Jasper go around him. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He turned around and watched as he peeked into the kitchen.

"What I want, is for you to let me do my job."

He looked down as the white poofy dog came running into the room. He could feel his eye twitch at Jasper's comment. The guy didn't like it when he followed him around, but he sure did love picking on him. He tried to ignore it and just move on, he always did, but it always managed to poke and prod at his patience, the thing he used to have plenty of.

He'd been working for them for just a few days and all of his training and patience were crumbling apart. And that took him by surprise.

"A guard dog can protect you, yes. But it can't protect you as well as a person can. Your father clearly cares about you if he hired a bodyguard to protect you, so whysm is it that you wish to make my job so utterly difficult?"

He had clients in the past be demanding, or eccentric, or there were the typical cases of those who wanted a bodyguard because they felt like they were being watched, but never someone that was opposed to his services. This is the first time a client had ever brought him so much trouble. More than half the time, it was him playing a game of hide and seek with Jasper he wasn't aware he signed up for. Every time he looked away from him for two seconds he would manage to leave or escape, and he was honestly beginning to grow tired of it.
Nathan raised an eyebrow when he saw Jasper go around him. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He turned around and watched as he peeked into the kitchen.

"What I want, is for you to let me do my job."

He looked down as the white poofy dog came running into the room. He could feel his eye twitch at Jasper's comment. The guy didn't like it when he followed him around, but he sure did love picking on him. He tried to ignore it and just move on, he always did, but it always managed to poke and prod at his patience, the thing he used to have plenty of.

He'd been working for them for just a few days and all of his training and patience were crumbling apart. And that took him by surprise.

"A guard dog can protect you, yes. But it can't protect you as well as a person can. Your father clearly cares about you if he hired a bodyguard to protect you, so whysm is it that you wish to make my job so utterly difficult?"

He had clients in the past be demanding, or eccentric, or there were the typical cases of those who wanted a bodyguard because they felt like they were being watched, but never someone that was opposed to his services. This is the first time a client had ever brought him so much trouble. More than half the time, it was him playing a game of hide and seek with Jasper he wasn't aware he signed up for. Every time he looked away from him for two seconds he would manage to leave or escape, and he was honestly beginning to grow tired of it.