Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Show a dragon, get a poem (or story!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Nemosia
TBF even the creators of Chat GPT 4 are somewhat mystified at some of the things it can (wholly unexpectedly!) do. It's rather fascinating! Glad you enjoyed the poem :D

@Amieg
Huzzah! Glad you like it. Good luck getting the motivation back; I know it can be rough! <3
@Nemosia
TBF even the creators of Chat GPT 4 are somewhat mystified at some of the things it can (wholly unexpectedly!) do. It's rather fascinating! Glad you enjoyed the poem :D

@Amieg
Huzzah! Glad you like it. Good luck getting the motivation back; I know it can be rough! <3
Baldwin Profit Calculator:
@arach Oh wow! That's a really interesting challenge! :O
That's a really interesting way to keep the story going across generations, too! I have a few mother-daughter lore pieces in my lair too, so I definitely have a soft spot for this kinda stuff. Awesome!!

Love in the Everbloom Gardens

In the heart of the Frigid Floes, where the ice flight reigns,
There lived Avery, a Fae, with ambitions in her veins.
The 160th child, a number, a face in the crowd,
Yet, she yearned for more, for a life that was loud.

She left her home, her family, her past,
To the Everbloom Gardens, she traveled fast.
A nature flight lair, a new home, a new start,
In the heart of the Gardens, she followed her heart.

Oh, Finley, my love, a Pearlcatcher so fine,
In the heart of Singer's Brook, our lives intertwine.
A soul of water, a heart so calm,
In your presence, my love, I found a balm.

We met in the Brook, in the heart of the Plateau,
I barreled into you, in my haste to go.
Yet, you understood, you saw me, the real me,
In the heart of the Brook, we were meant to be.

You are my opposite, my calm in the storm,
In your quiet presence, I find my norm.
You listen to the wind, to its silent song,
In your love, my love, I found where I belong.

So, here's our story, a tale of love,
Written under the moon, in the stars above.
A young Fae, an ambitious soul,
A quiet Pearlcatcher, who made her whole.

Yet, I often leave you, in my haste, my rush,
In the heart of the Gardens, in the quiet hush.
But I always return, to your side, my love,
In the heart of the Gardens, under the stars above.

Our love is a dance, a song on the wind,
A tale of two hearts, forever twinned.
In the heart of the Gardens, our love took flight,
In the heart of each other, we found our light.

---
And also a short tale!

"Whispers of the Wind: A Tale of Two Dragons"

In the icy expanse of the Frigid Floes, Avery, a young and ambitious Fae dragon, felt the stirrings of restlessness. The 160th offspring of her first-generation parents, she was just another face in the crowd, her dreams and ambitions overlooked. Determined to carve out her own path, she left her home, her heart set on the vibrant Everbloom Gardens of the Nature flight.

Her journey first led her to the Windswept Plateau, a place of open skies and endless horizons. It was here, in the tranquil surroundings of Singer's Brook, that she met Finley, a Pearlcatcher of the Wind flight. Finley, like Avery, was from a large family and often overlooked. He was a calm and serene presence, often found meditating by the brook, his ears tuned to the music of the wind.

Their meeting was anything but ordinary. Avery, in her usual animated and expressive manner, was exploring the brook when she quite literally barreled into the meditating Finley. The quiet Pearlcatcher was taken by surprise, but he took it in stride, his calm demeanor a stark contrast to Avery's frantic apologies.

In the days that followed, Avery found herself drawn to Finley's calm and steady presence. She admired his ability to find peace in the simplest things, like the rustling of the leaves or the gentle babbling of the brook. Finley, in turn, was charmed by Avery's vivacity and determination. He understood her desire to be more than just another face in the crowd, for he too had felt the same in his family.

Their bond deepened with each passing day, their differences complementing each other. Avery's fiery spirit was tempered by Finley's calm, while Finley found his quiet world enlivened by Avery's vibrant energy. They became each other's solace, their connection growing into a deep, unspoken understanding.

However, Avery's restless spirit often led her to venture out, leaving Finley behind. But she always returned, drawn back to the Pearlcatcher who had become her anchor. Finley, for his part, waited patiently, knowing that Avery needed to spread her wings, to explore, to be free.

In the heart of the Windswept Plateau, under the vast open skies, Avery and Finley found more than just companionship. They found understanding, acceptance, and love. They found in each other a soulmate, a partner, a confidante. Their love story, born out of an unexpected meeting and nurtured by shared dreams and understanding, became a whispered legend in the winds of the Plateau, a tale of a Fae and a Pearlcatcher who found love in the heart of Sornieth.
@arach Oh wow! That's a really interesting challenge! :O
That's a really interesting way to keep the story going across generations, too! I have a few mother-daughter lore pieces in my lair too, so I definitely have a soft spot for this kinda stuff. Awesome!!

Love in the Everbloom Gardens

In the heart of the Frigid Floes, where the ice flight reigns,
There lived Avery, a Fae, with ambitions in her veins.
The 160th child, a number, a face in the crowd,
Yet, she yearned for more, for a life that was loud.

She left her home, her family, her past,
To the Everbloom Gardens, she traveled fast.
A nature flight lair, a new home, a new start,
In the heart of the Gardens, she followed her heart.

Oh, Finley, my love, a Pearlcatcher so fine,
In the heart of Singer's Brook, our lives intertwine.
A soul of water, a heart so calm,
In your presence, my love, I found a balm.

We met in the Brook, in the heart of the Plateau,
I barreled into you, in my haste to go.
Yet, you understood, you saw me, the real me,
In the heart of the Brook, we were meant to be.

You are my opposite, my calm in the storm,
In your quiet presence, I find my norm.
You listen to the wind, to its silent song,
In your love, my love, I found where I belong.

So, here's our story, a tale of love,
Written under the moon, in the stars above.
A young Fae, an ambitious soul,
A quiet Pearlcatcher, who made her whole.

Yet, I often leave you, in my haste, my rush,
In the heart of the Gardens, in the quiet hush.
But I always return, to your side, my love,
In the heart of the Gardens, under the stars above.

Our love is a dance, a song on the wind,
A tale of two hearts, forever twinned.
In the heart of the Gardens, our love took flight,
In the heart of each other, we found our light.

---
And also a short tale!

"Whispers of the Wind: A Tale of Two Dragons"

In the icy expanse of the Frigid Floes, Avery, a young and ambitious Fae dragon, felt the stirrings of restlessness. The 160th offspring of her first-generation parents, she was just another face in the crowd, her dreams and ambitions overlooked. Determined to carve out her own path, she left her home, her heart set on the vibrant Everbloom Gardens of the Nature flight.

Her journey first led her to the Windswept Plateau, a place of open skies and endless horizons. It was here, in the tranquil surroundings of Singer's Brook, that she met Finley, a Pearlcatcher of the Wind flight. Finley, like Avery, was from a large family and often overlooked. He was a calm and serene presence, often found meditating by the brook, his ears tuned to the music of the wind.

Their meeting was anything but ordinary. Avery, in her usual animated and expressive manner, was exploring the brook when she quite literally barreled into the meditating Finley. The quiet Pearlcatcher was taken by surprise, but he took it in stride, his calm demeanor a stark contrast to Avery's frantic apologies.

In the days that followed, Avery found herself drawn to Finley's calm and steady presence. She admired his ability to find peace in the simplest things, like the rustling of the leaves or the gentle babbling of the brook. Finley, in turn, was charmed by Avery's vivacity and determination. He understood her desire to be more than just another face in the crowd, for he too had felt the same in his family.

Their bond deepened with each passing day, their differences complementing each other. Avery's fiery spirit was tempered by Finley's calm, while Finley found his quiet world enlivened by Avery's vibrant energy. They became each other's solace, their connection growing into a deep, unspoken understanding.

However, Avery's restless spirit often led her to venture out, leaving Finley behind. But she always returned, drawn back to the Pearlcatcher who had become her anchor. Finley, for his part, waited patiently, knowing that Avery needed to spread her wings, to explore, to be free.

In the heart of the Windswept Plateau, under the vast open skies, Avery and Finley found more than just companionship. They found understanding, acceptance, and love. They found in each other a soulmate, a partner, a confidante. Their love story, born out of an unexpected meeting and nurtured by shared dreams and understanding, became a whispered legend in the winds of the Plateau, a tale of a Fae and a Pearlcatcher who found love in the heart of Sornieth.
@shazzykatana
Oooh, she's beautiful! Very fitting name :D

"Ode to the Matriarch"

In the heart of the Wind flight lair, where the breezes sing,
There dwells a dragon, Pearl, a Spiral, the Katan Clan's queen.
Small in stature, yet mighty in spirit, her love does ring,
A grandmother, a warrior, her heart ever keen.

Her scales shimmer like dew-kissed leaves in the morning light,
Her eyes, a mirror to her soul, fierce and bright.
She leads her clan with wisdom, her resolve ever tight,
In the face of adversity, she's a beacon in the night.

Her love, a force, a tempest, a gale,
Stronger than the fiercest squall, it does not frail.
Her spirit, like the wind, does not quail,
In the face of a storm, she sets the sail.

Pearl, the Spiral, the matriarch, the guide,
In her strength and love, her clan takes pride.
Through trials and tribulations, she's been tried,
Yet, she stands tall, the winds of fate defied.

In the heart of the Wind flight lair, under the sky's dome,
Pearl, the Spiral, has made a home.
With love and courage, wherever she may roam,
She's a queen, a warrior, in Sornieth's grand tome.
@shazzykatana
Oooh, she's beautiful! Very fitting name :D

"Ode to the Matriarch"

In the heart of the Wind flight lair, where the breezes sing,
There dwells a dragon, Pearl, a Spiral, the Katan Clan's queen.
Small in stature, yet mighty in spirit, her love does ring,
A grandmother, a warrior, her heart ever keen.

Her scales shimmer like dew-kissed leaves in the morning light,
Her eyes, a mirror to her soul, fierce and bright.
She leads her clan with wisdom, her resolve ever tight,
In the face of adversity, she's a beacon in the night.

Her love, a force, a tempest, a gale,
Stronger than the fiercest squall, it does not frail.
Her spirit, like the wind, does not quail,
In the face of a storm, she sets the sail.

Pearl, the Spiral, the matriarch, the guide,
In her strength and love, her clan takes pride.
Through trials and tribulations, she's been tried,
Yet, she stands tall, the winds of fate defied.

In the heart of the Wind flight lair, under the sky's dome,
Pearl, the Spiral, has made a home.
With love and courage, wherever she may roam,
She's a queen, a warrior, in Sornieth's grand tome.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85353252][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/853533/85353252_350.png[/img][/url] Spectrum is a male skydancer dragon of the light flight living in an arcane flight lair. They are a romantic artist hopelessly in love with Xanthus, a dragon that does not feel and is forever bound to his duty of guiding the lost and damned. Knowing this though Spectrum still expresses his love and bids him farewell every time he leaves. This poem should be written by them to Xanthus, expressing his love once again. in a yearning, hopeful, lovingly tone. And a lot of angst, make it hurt :> (if possible can the dialogue "when I go, will you guide me too?" or something like that be added too? :>)
85353252_350.png

Spectrum is a male skydancer dragon of the light flight living in an arcane flight lair. They are a romantic artist hopelessly in love with Xanthus, a dragon that does not feel and is forever bound to his duty of guiding the lost and damned. Knowing this though Spectrum still expresses his love and bids him farewell every time he leaves.

This poem should be written by them to Xanthus, expressing his love once again.

in a yearning, hopeful, lovingly tone. And a lot of angst, make it hurt :> (if possible can the dialogue "when I go, will you guide me too?" or something like that be added too? :>)
t4yhov0.pngPiAyg8i.pngevIwcId.png
@UnknownPhoen1x Oh! Poor Spectrum.
I've set this poem up to be in the style of an Elegy, which will hopefully add to the sadness and tie it in with the themes of death.

"An Elegy for Unrequited Love"

Oh Xanthus, my love, my guiding star in the night,
Your duty calls you, to the lost and the damned, you take flight.
Your heart is a fortress, your soul bound by chains,
Yet, in my dreams, it's only your love that reigns.

In the Arcane lair, under the shimmering Light,
I paint you in colors, in the quiet of the night.
Each stroke is a whisper, each hue a silent plea,
"When I go, will you guide me too?" echoes in the empty sea.

Your eyes, they hold galaxies, your scales glisten like dew,
In the canvas of my heart, it's only your portrait I drew.
But you are a sentinel, a guardian of the lost,
And I, a mere Skydancer, know well the cost.

I see you in the sunrise, in the twilight's glow,
In the dance of the shadows, in the winter's snow.
Your absence is a void, a chasm, a tear,
Yet, I hold onto the love, the pain I willingly bear.

Each farewell is a dagger, each goodbye a thorn,
Yet, I greet each dawn, my heart forlorn.
For in the silence of the night, in the echoes of the day,
It's your name my heart whispers, it's for your love I pray.

Oh Xanthus, my love, my unending plight,
In the realm of dreams, you are my knight.
Bound by duty, forever you may be,
But in my heart, it's only your love I see.

So, I pen this elegy, a testament of my love, my pain,
A symphony of longing, a love that shall remain.
For even if unrequited, even if it's in vain,
I'd choose your love, over and over again
@UnknownPhoen1x Oh! Poor Spectrum.
I've set this poem up to be in the style of an Elegy, which will hopefully add to the sadness and tie it in with the themes of death.

"An Elegy for Unrequited Love"

Oh Xanthus, my love, my guiding star in the night,
Your duty calls you, to the lost and the damned, you take flight.
Your heart is a fortress, your soul bound by chains,
Yet, in my dreams, it's only your love that reigns.

In the Arcane lair, under the shimmering Light,
I paint you in colors, in the quiet of the night.
Each stroke is a whisper, each hue a silent plea,
"When I go, will you guide me too?" echoes in the empty sea.

Your eyes, they hold galaxies, your scales glisten like dew,
In the canvas of my heart, it's only your portrait I drew.
But you are a sentinel, a guardian of the lost,
And I, a mere Skydancer, know well the cost.

I see you in the sunrise, in the twilight's glow,
In the dance of the shadows, in the winter's snow.
Your absence is a void, a chasm, a tear,
Yet, I hold onto the love, the pain I willingly bear.

Each farewell is a dagger, each goodbye a thorn,
Yet, I greet each dawn, my heart forlorn.
For in the silence of the night, in the echoes of the day,
It's your name my heart whispers, it's for your love I pray.

Oh Xanthus, my love, my unending plight,
In the realm of dreams, you are my knight.
Bound by duty, forever you may be,
But in my heart, it's only your love I see.

So, I pen this elegy, a testament of my love, my pain,
A symphony of longing, a love that shall remain.
For even if unrequited, even if it's in vain,
I'd choose your love, over and over again
This is such a cool idea! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84832781][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/848328/84832781_350.png[/img][/url] Magpie is a female snapper dragon of the nature flight living in a fire flight lair. They have always struggled with staying in the same place year after year. She yearns to leave her lair, yet she can't bring herself to. She finds that she'd rather be stuck in the same place with the siblings she loves than follow her nature as a snapper dragon. This poem should be written by them in a longing way, and gracefully shift to a tone of curiosity and love. Hope I did this right! <3
This is such a cool idea!
84832781_350.png
Magpie is a female snapper dragon of the nature flight living in a fire flight lair. They have always struggled with staying in the same place year after year. She yearns to leave her lair, yet she can't bring herself to. She finds that she'd rather be stuck in the same place with the siblings she loves than follow her nature as a snapper dragon.

This poem should be written by them in a longing way, and gracefully shift to a tone of curiosity and love.

Hope I did this right! <3
4ok1TmX.png
I love it! Thank you so much!!! @ErthisiaKay
I love it! Thank you so much!!! @ErthisiaKay
I LOVED THE POEM!!!! OMG! Im bringing Xanthus in here too :> [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61250265][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/612503/61250265_350.png[/img][/url] Xanthus is a male skydancer dragon of the shadow flight. They are a dragon who has been guiding the dead for as long as he remembers. Cursed with immortality and to forever guide and roam the lands until he is nothing. He doesn't understand nor feel emotions but for some reason. Something compels him to return to one place, one dragon named Spectrum, one who claims to love him. The next time he returns, Spectrum greets him with the same love and adoration, only this time, his transparent figure stands above a gravesite adorned with white lilies. (I was gonna make him watch Spectrum die but that'll make this too long :>) This short story should be about Xanthus apologizing to Spectrum for not returning his love while leading him to the other side. While Spectrum just smiles and thanks him for guiding him and tells him he loves him, one last time. in a melancholy mood/vibe. WHOOPS I KILLED SPECTRUM FOR THIS! Also can we send the same dragon/s again? :>
I LOVED THE POEM!!!! OMG! Im bringing Xanthus in here too :>
61250265_350.png

Xanthus is a male skydancer dragon of the shadow flight. They are a dragon who has been guiding the dead for as long as he remembers. Cursed with immortality and to forever guide and roam the lands until he is nothing. He doesn't understand nor feel emotions but for some reason. Something compels him to return to one place, one dragon named Spectrum, one who claims to love him. The next time he returns, Spectrum greets him with the same love and adoration, only this time, his transparent figure stands above a gravesite adorned with white lilies. (I was gonna make him watch Spectrum die but that'll make this too long :>)

This short story should be about Xanthus apologizing to Spectrum for not returning his love while leading him to the other side. While Spectrum just smiles and thanks him for guiding him and tells him he loves him, one last time.

in a melancholy mood/vibe.

WHOOPS I KILLED SPECTRUM FOR THIS! Also can we send the same dragon/s again? :>
t4yhov0.pngPiAyg8i.pngevIwcId.png
@ErthesiaKay Let me just say, whoa that's amazing :o And it sounds so like him too! Funnily enough, before you sent that thread link I was thinking about sending you a little something :D (I've been reeeeeeally busy welp I meant to get back to you earlier) Now since it's not the same day, I wanna tell you some more about Isari and Vareth >:D [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79177939][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/791780/79177939_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77413714][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/774138/77413714_350.png[/img][/url] Isari is a female Imperial of the Earth flight, even though she's always known she was born for Light. Ever since her father's death, she has been angry at the god that killed him, angry at the world for not stopping him, and angry at herself for leaving him. Vareth is a male Imperial of the Water flight, who dedicated his life to the forge and fire. He loves his daughter more than anything, because she reminds him of his wife, one who lived his simple, unassuming life with him. He spent a lot of time with Isari, even still, missing her when he was away. He has only recently died. This poem/story/song (whatever works best) would be a series of letters between the two, interchangeably (i.e. stanza for stanza), in a regretful, longing, angry, melancholic tone. Deceased father to unready daughter, one wise, one irrational, both wishing to see the other just one more time.
@ErthesiaKay
Let me just say, whoa that's amazing :o And it sounds so like him too! Funnily enough, before you sent that thread link I was thinking about sending you a little something :D (I've been reeeeeeally busy welp I meant to get back to you earlier)

Now since it's not the same day, I wanna tell you some more about Isari and Vareth >:D
79177939_350.png
77413714_350.png
Isari is a female Imperial of the Earth flight, even though she's always known she was born for Light. Ever since her father's death, she has been angry at the god that killed him, angry at the world for not stopping him, and angry at herself for leaving him.

Vareth is a male Imperial of the Water flight, who dedicated his life to the forge and fire. He loves his daughter more than anything, because she reminds him of his wife, one who lived his simple, unassuming life with him. He spent a lot of time with Isari, even still, missing her when he was away. He has only recently died.

This poem/story/song (whatever works best) would be a series of letters between the two, interchangeably (i.e. stanza for stanza), in a regretful, longing, angry, melancholic tone. Deceased father to unready daughter, one wise, one irrational, both wishing to see the other just one more time.
Once upon a time, there were two little birds.

There had been three, until the day four men came with five horses and spoke six words they would never forget.

And it was decided, he would be theirs for seven years.

Your father owes us a debt.
@ErthisiaKay I love the poem!! Thank you so much!
@ErthisiaKay I love the poem!! Thank you so much!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7