Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Daddy Longlegs Food Item
I've just recently returned here after years away, and I can't remember if they used to bother me this much, but goodness, the daddy longlegs item just skeeves me out! I have arachnophobia and usually drawn spiders don't bother me much (and I know what most people call daddy longlegs aren't technically spiders) but these things and their gross thin little legs just make me cringe every time I see the pictures! I can't convert them to food points fast enough, and I have to click past the drop page in coliseum as fast as possible whenever I get them as a drop. I wish I could somehow replace the picture or stop it from loading altogether or something! [emoji=gaoler sad size=1]
I've just recently returned here after years away, and I can't remember if they used to bother me this much, but goodness, the daddy longlegs item just skeeves me out!
I have arachnophobia and usually drawn spiders don't bother me much (and I know what most people call daddy longlegs aren't technically spiders) but these things and their gross thin little legs just make me cringe every time I see the pictures! I can't convert them to food points fast enough, and I have to click past the drop page in coliseum as fast as possible whenever I get them as a drop.
I wish I could somehow replace the picture or stop it from loading altogether or something!
Oh I feel that. I get seriously creeped out by the Golem Workshop spider drops (I don't remember what they're called).
If you play on PC, with certain browser extensions, you can actually block the pictures, and I think some let you replace the image, too. (If you're on mobile like me sometimes, then I haven't found a way to remove/replace them yet, unfortunately.)
Oh I feel that. I get seriously creeped out by the Golem Workshop spider drops (I don't remember what they're called).
If you play on PC, with certain browser extensions, you can actually block the pictures, and I think some let you replace the image, too. (If you're on mobile like me sometimes, then I haven't found a way to remove/replace them yet, unfortunately.)
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
Isn't there a way to block the picture with an AdBlock or something? I heard people use it to block some other stuff than just ads but I have unfortunately no idea how that works...
Isn't there a way to block the picture with an AdBlock or something? I heard people use it to block some other stuff than just ads but I have unfortunately no idea how that works...
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
[quote name="ValerionWolf" date="2023-06-19 04:23:13" ] Isn't there a way to block the picture with an AdBlock or something? [/quote] Right click on the image and select "block element".
ValerionWolf wrote on 2023-06-19 04:23:13:
Isn't there a way to block the picture with an AdBlock or something?

Right click on the image and select "block element".
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Yeah with uBlock Origin you can block certain images pretty easily with a dropper tool, which would work for the spider images I would think (I use it to block random things that bother me too lol). Other adblockers or extensions might work too but I'm not sure. I feel you, daddy long legs in real life creep me out so much, especially the cellar spider ones that tend to show up in my bathroom all the time [emoji=imperial scared size=1]
Yeah with uBlock Origin you can block certain images pretty easily with a dropper tool, which would work for the spider images I would think (I use it to block random things that bother me too lol). Other adblockers or extensions might work too but I'm not sure.

I feel you, daddy long legs in real life creep me out so much, especially the cellar spider ones that tend to show up in my bathroom all the time
speedy_starrypoke_base.gifAbout Me . Ping-friendly 42802491_Pjr6WAwhD56XTyX.gif
Correct, the daddy longlegs item is not a spider! They're one of the Opiliones order of arachnids, aka harvestmen! They're really cool.
I suffer from a crippling fear of cockroaches still, but I formerly had a similar fear of cicadas and got over that (mostly) by learning about them. I hope one day your arachnophobia improves!

There's definitely a way to stop the image from loading, as I've heard of people blocking buttons and such with adblockers I think? I'm not sure how to do that, though. Maybe post in the help forum?
Correct, the daddy longlegs item is not a spider! They're one of the Opiliones order of arachnids, aka harvestmen! They're really cool.
I suffer from a crippling fear of cockroaches still, but I formerly had a similar fear of cicadas and got over that (mostly) by learning about them. I hope one day your arachnophobia improves!

There's definitely a way to stop the image from loading, as I've heard of people blocking buttons and such with adblockers I think? I'm not sure how to do that, though. Maybe post in the help forum?
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
They're easily one of the most disgusting creatures in the world (whether that's Sornieth or planet Earth). I used to convert them immediately after I finish grinding in the Woodland Path so I wouldn't have to look at them in my hoard but they're needed for a Hibden task... Unfortunately I only play FR on mobile so I can't block images
They're easily one of the most disgusting creatures in the world (whether that's Sornieth or planet Earth). I used to convert them immediately after I finish grinding in the Woodland Path so I wouldn't have to look at them in my hoard but they're needed for a Hibden task... Unfortunately I only play FR on mobile so I can't block images
j3zsWMV.png