Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how are you guys earning your gems?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Wildehearted" date="2023-06-16 10:49:40" ] I sell baldwin/hibden mats on the AH for gems. I sell EVERYTHING for gems. It takes time, but I mean, I've made 4kg in the last two months. The hardest part is keeping listings going. I'm currently trying to get 50 listings per day on week-long listings. But I really hate doing the listings so XD [/quote] This. Also: I'd say I found the most success with selling eggs from Night of the Nocturne. I'm sitting on over 3k gems right now largely from those sales. I vault gems earned from playing the game naturally (keeping the energy bar up, achievements, etc), and I haven't collected my profits from the AH to keep the temptation to spend them at bay. I've also stocked up on past festival familiars that I plan on selling when the time is right, I've heard that can be profitable too depending on the age of the familiar. Sometimes I think it's less about the method and more about conservation, to a degree, if that makes sense. If you spend your gems as soon as you collect them, maybe that's part of the problem, speaking from my own experience. Edit: I might get booed for saying this, I also don't buy UMAs or commission artwork from players. I would like to in the future because they're gorgeous and there are many, many talented artists on the site, but I have lots of projects with expensive genes that've been collecting dust in my lair and hibden that I would like to at least get started on. Selling XXY/XYY/etc G1 dragons also looks to be pretty profitable going by some of the prices I've seen on the AH, but I'm not the player to be asking about that. Just an observation I've made surfing the AH.
Wildehearted wrote on 2023-06-16 10:49:40:
I sell baldwin/hibden mats on the AH for gems. I sell EVERYTHING for gems. It takes time, but I mean, I've made 4kg in the last two months. The hardest part is keeping listings going. I'm currently trying to get 50 listings per day on week-long listings. But I really hate doing the listings so XD
This. Also: I'd say I found the most success with selling eggs from Night of the Nocturne. I'm sitting on over 3k gems right now largely from those sales. I vault gems earned from playing the game naturally (keeping the energy bar up, achievements, etc), and I haven't collected my profits from the AH to keep the temptation to spend them at bay. I've also stocked up on past festival familiars that I plan on selling when the time is right, I've heard that can be profitable too depending on the age of the familiar.

Sometimes I think it's less about the method and more about conservation, to a degree, if that makes sense. If you spend your gems as soon as you collect them, maybe that's part of the problem, speaking from my own experience.

Edit: I might get booed for saying this, I also don't buy UMAs or commission artwork from players. I would like to in the future because they're gorgeous and there are many, many talented artists on the site, but I have lots of projects with expensive genes that've been collecting dust in my lair and hibden that I would like to at least get started on.

Selling XXY/XYY/etc G1 dragons also looks to be pretty profitable going by some of the prices I've seen on the AH, but I'm not the player to be asking about that. Just an observation I've made surfing the AH.
tumblr_pb04puzMLY1wvvm88o3_100.png
she/they | fr+3
sales | avatar
Flipping, converting, selling everything, essentially. Haven't had to go hard in a while, though. Even if you do a little at a time, it all adds up fast
Flipping, converting, selling everything, essentially. Haven't had to go hard in a while, though. Even if you do a little at a time, it all adds up fast
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I just buy them from people for treasure if needed. Before i made accents which was a good income! So need to do it again and likely will in the future.

Also dom battles and raffles are a nice way to get them as well.
I just buy them from people for treasure if needed. Before i made accents which was a good income! So need to do it again and likely will in the future.

Also dom battles and raffles are a nice way to get them as well.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
sometimes i buy them with treasure, but i think most of my gems come from selling expensive items (eggs, stacks of notn chests, expensive apparel, etc) and shoving them in the vault so i forget they exist and therefore don't spend them. xD
sometimes i buy them with treasure, but i think most of my gems come from selling expensive items (eggs, stacks of notn chests, expensive apparel, etc) and shoving them in the vault so i forget they exist and therefore don't spend them. xD
Jp7QW8F.png
Slowly and painfully. Though achievements have helped a lot. I usually just sell stuff (especially Baldwin Mats) in the AH or train fodder for whatever flight is Dom pushing that week.

I will very rarely buy them, but I think I've only done this twice in all the time I've been on FR.
Slowly and painfully. Though achievements have helped a lot. I usually just sell stuff (especially Baldwin Mats) in the AH or train fodder for whatever flight is Dom pushing that week.

I will very rarely buy them, but I think I've only done this twice in all the time I've been on FR.
The Empyreal Library
Familiar chests, selling stuff on the AH, the nice lil daily gem you get from keeping your dragons fed, and now achievements. I currently have almost 4k gems, so something seems to be going right, lol. I think my main source of gems are gilded chests.

Might start making art too, but I'll have to see about that.
Familiar chests, selling stuff on the AH, the nice lil daily gem you get from keeping your dragons fed, and now achievements. I currently have almost 4k gems, so something seems to be going right, lol. I think my main source of gems are gilded chests.

Might start making art too, but I'll have to see about that.
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
every night of the nocturne i actually grind the game so i can accumulate a ton of strange chests and nocturne eggs, then the gems i get from selling the chests and then slowly selling the eggs over the course of the year nets me a comfortable amount of gems
every night of the nocturne i actually grind the game so i can accumulate a ton of strange chests and nocturne eggs, then the gems i get from selling the chests and then slowly selling the eggs over the course of the year nets me a comfortable amount of gems
Username is s0ki with a zero (0) cZyClw0.png
Selling tiny things like fams and apparel for 1 2 or 3g adds up very fast, but going thru and manually listing everything takes so long. Honestly I just do bonding and opening chests, I could go thru and bond with every single familiar if I really wanted to, but my body can’t handle that, so I just do the ones that are on my dragons at the time.
Selling tiny things like fams and apparel for 1 2 or 3g adds up very fast, but going thru and manually listing everything takes so long. Honestly I just do bonding and opening chests, I could go thru and bond with every single familiar if I really wanted to, but my body can’t handle that, so I just do the ones that are on my dragons at the time.
A sideways aromantic flag next to the word ‘aromantic’A sideways asexual flag next to the word ‘asexual’A sideways agender flag next to the words ‘they/them’
divider
hi there, i have no clue what im doing
please ping me in all replies!
Fandragons | Wishlist
Selling fodder mostly, I'm too busy to do anything else tbh (overworked and broke ywy)
Selling fodder mostly, I'm too busy to do anything else tbh (overworked and broke ywy)
SIG-02.png
Beyond bonding fams and opening those chests? [item= unhatched bogsneak egg]
Beyond bonding fams and opening those chests?

Unhatched Bogsneak Egg
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
1 2 3 4 5 6