Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Sunparched Prowl 2023
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
THAT VISTA IS AMAZING!
WOO MEAT!
THAT VISTA IS AMAZING!
WOO MEAT!
OwQYUuU.pngKVbkgOZ.pngOwQYUuU.png
[quote name="ninety9wyverns" date="2023-06-15 16:50:49" ] @/Denial @/Punkinator919 a bunch of people got upset that the chickens were not accurate to their real-world counterparts, and a bunch of other people were upset over the “lilypad lochness” because a “lochness” is not a thing. Loch Ness is a real place, Loch meaning Lake, where the urban legend (the Loch Ness monster) originates from. So, Lake Ness. It was basically like naming the familiar “Lilypad Lakemichigan” as one person put it. I didn’t get either drama personally, but the chicken thread was locked. ill try to find a link to it in a minute here Here’s the chicken thread. as you can see, it was… something. edit edit: Another chicken forum from suggestions, petitioning to have the names changed and/or art updated. [/quote] Thank you for the context.. I find it a bit silly but I guess I understand. I'd be confused if a Dachshund was suddenly called a German Shepard. Just wish we didn't get 'color chicken' instead. Could've been neat to have a unique color like name- maybe the color that shares closest to the dragon color wheel. Dunno. I absolutely loved the 10th anniversary apparel items and the achievement system.
ninety9wyverns wrote on 2023-06-15 16:50:49:
@/Denial @/Punkinator919 a bunch of people got upset that the chickens were not accurate to their real-world counterparts, and a bunch of other people were upset over the “lilypad lochness” because a “lochness” is not a thing. Loch Ness is a real place, Loch meaning Lake, where the urban legend (the Loch Ness monster) originates from. So, Lake Ness. It was basically like naming the familiar “Lilypad Lakemichigan” as one person put it. I didn’t get either drama personally, but the chicken thread was locked. ill try to find a link to it in a minute here

Here’s the chicken thread. as you can see, it was… something.

edit edit: Another chicken forum from suggestions, petitioning to have the names changed and/or art updated.

Thank you for the context.. I find it a bit silly but I guess I understand. I'd be confused if a Dachshund was suddenly called a German Shepard. Just wish we didn't get 'color chicken' instead. Could've been neat to have a unique color like name- maybe the color that shares closest to the dragon color wheel. Dunno. I absolutely loved the 10th anniversary apparel items and the achievement system.
punkinator919_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dc5zq7l.gif
happy meatheat! new vista is sick!
happy meatheat! new vista is sick!
Ln1NYa7.gif
» sales thread
» tumblr
Thanks @ the responses, I see! Can't say I'm against accuracy so I get it. :) Kind of a shame but maybe we'll get more realistic chicken breeds at some point! Lochness I would've let slide as a kind of pun, but the new name isn't bad either.
Thanks @ the responses, I see! Can't say I'm against accuracy so I get it. :) Kind of a shame but maybe we'll get more realistic chicken breeds at some point! Lochness I would've let slide as a kind of pun, but the new name isn't bad either.
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
happy meatheat!
happy meatheat!
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
Meat
Meat
beacon of the radiant eye terarrium & iri | FR+2 | lightdom | imperial dragons #1 fan
badge hub & wishlist | art shop | avatar dragon
howdy folks. i like dogs, baking, cooking, illustration, and high-fantasy stuff! you can find me at your local renaissance faire dressed up as an elf, probably :)
Can I just say thank you again for the screenreader access fixes? Because squee! :D Both the extremely kind and clueful response and the sheer speed of the updates have given me a lingering case of the warm fuzzies over here!
Can I just say thank you again for the screenreader access fixes? Because squee! :D Both the extremely kind and clueful response and the sheer speed of the updates have given me a lingering case of the warm fuzzies over here!
She/her, FR +2

I love that new vista so much! Wishing everyone luck trying to get it!
I love that new vista so much! Wishing everyone luck trying to get it!
Happy Sunparched Prowl! I guess this is my reminder to do some grinding in the Coliseum, haha.
Happy Sunparched Prowl! I guess this is my reminder to do some grinding in the Coliseum, haha.
Morte | he/him/his | FR+0
Let's return to the beginning together.
brwMKkq.png
[/column]
aahh thank you for fixing the chicken names!! I was the one that sent the crazy long suggestion haha. It's nice seeing you guys take into account to even minor suggestions! luv u guys [emoji=heart size=1]
aahh thank you for fixing the chicken names!! I was the one that sent the crazy long suggestion haha. It's nice seeing you guys take into account to even minor suggestions!
luv u guys
6uXfp5B.pngz0HlerP.png(made by @Aosagi )
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22