Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBT+ shows to watch during Pride Month?
1 2 3 4
Heartstopperrrrrrrr
Heartstopperrrrrrrr
7ntZZGM.png
tNgQJvM.png
bYt72YT.png
reHWBXk.png
PRICTGJ.png
2VtxnMX.png
Check out the gayest dragon you'll ever see here
F8JsSEl.png
OK KO (super good and underrated), kipo (underrated), owl house, adventure time T0T, amphibia, q-force (haven't watched but my gf liked it!), andddd right now im watching queer eye-- a reality show about five gays helping others find self love and to help them find an encouraging change (I've cried through almost all the episodes I've watched so far). Also I love Mitchell vs the machines !!
OK KO (super good and underrated), kipo (underrated), owl house, adventure time T0T, amphibia, q-force (haven't watched but my gf liked it!), andddd right now im watching queer eye-- a reality show about five gays helping others find self love and to help them find an encouraging change (I've cried through almost all the episodes I've watched so far). Also I love Mitchell vs the machines !!
Orphan Black. It has lots of LGBT reps. I dont know where you can watch it though. Its only on Stan for me and thats an Australian streaming platform.
Orphan Black. It has lots of LGBT reps. I dont know where you can watch it though. Its only on Stan for me and thats an Australian streaming platform.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Maybe you would want to try the owl house? Totally my fav show with LGBTQ+ characters :)
Maybe you would want to try the owl house? Totally my fav show with LGBTQ+ characters :)
So, as an update to this thread -

I admittedly don't have the energy to respond to everyone individually, but thank you all for the recommendations! I've added a list to my first post to keep track. If anyone else would like to recommend me any shows still, I'm all ears!

I also checked out (read: binge-watched in a single day) Heartstopper! It was great, tons of good representation (gay, lesbian, bisexuality, trans, etc.) and exploration of identity! It was also very wholesome and sweet, and does a great job of showcasing how impactful everyday homophobia can be, how important it is to be accepting of people for who they are, and overall had some very good themes that it explored! I enjoyed it a lot, thank you for the recommendation everyone!

Some of my issues with it were the live-action aspect (as mentioned, that's rough on my motion sickness, ah) and that my main phobia was pretty prominently featured in several episodes, making it difficult to watch. Obviously that's not anyone's fault, but this is probably a show I won't be re-watching in the future much because of it, despite having liked it a lot, ah! (Another reason why live action tends to cause issues for me, aha.)

Thanks everyone! I'd love to hear more recommendations if anyone has them, especially more 2D ones!
So, as an update to this thread -

I admittedly don't have the energy to respond to everyone individually, but thank you all for the recommendations! I've added a list to my first post to keep track. If anyone else would like to recommend me any shows still, I'm all ears!

I also checked out (read: binge-watched in a single day) Heartstopper! It was great, tons of good representation (gay, lesbian, bisexuality, trans, etc.) and exploration of identity! It was also very wholesome and sweet, and does a great job of showcasing how impactful everyday homophobia can be, how important it is to be accepting of people for who they are, and overall had some very good themes that it explored! I enjoyed it a lot, thank you for the recommendation everyone!

Some of my issues with it were the live-action aspect (as mentioned, that's rough on my motion sickness, ah) and that my main phobia was pretty prominently featured in several episodes, making it difficult to watch. Obviously that's not anyone's fault, but this is probably a show I won't be re-watching in the future much because of it, despite having liked it a lot, ah! (Another reason why live action tends to cause issues for me, aha.)

Thanks everyone! I'd love to hear more recommendations if anyone has them, especially more 2D ones!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
On another note, this month I also binge-watched Sasaki to Miyano, which was great. (It's a MLM-focused anime.) I really loved the amount of communication and consent present in the show; it was also super cute and wholesome to be honest, and had a fun bit of meta-commentary on the BL genre. It was really dorky / nerdy in a way that was delightful, definitely a highlight to see!

I'm also currently in the middle of watching Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom Into You), a WLW/sapphic anime, but I'm having mixed feelings about it. One of the main characters is really boundary-pushing, and it kind of rubs me the wrong way. I think she's getting better at it, but it's been kind of hit-or-miss so far...

The opening is really neat though, both in song and animation; warning for potential body horror near the end of it? (They're lying down together and then their bodies sort of become plants / vines for limbs with flowers on them and masks.)

Also when is Season 3 of Tianbao Fuyao Lu coming out? Gosh dangit I really want Season 3 of TBFYL so bad. :'( It's currently one of my favorite MLM shows (donghua - Chinese animation, two gay pairings, 3D style). The animation is some of the best I've seen, ever, actually. And the opening is both gorgeous in song and cinematic quality (warning for a small bit of flashing in it). Whennn. D:
On another note, this month I also binge-watched Sasaki to Miyano, which was great. (It's a MLM-focused anime.) I really loved the amount of communication and consent present in the show; it was also super cute and wholesome to be honest, and had a fun bit of meta-commentary on the BL genre. It was really dorky / nerdy in a way that was delightful, definitely a highlight to see!

I'm also currently in the middle of watching Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom Into You), a WLW/sapphic anime, but I'm having mixed feelings about it. One of the main characters is really boundary-pushing, and it kind of rubs me the wrong way. I think she's getting better at it, but it's been kind of hit-or-miss so far...

The opening is really neat though, both in song and animation; warning for potential body horror near the end of it? (They're lying down together and then their bodies sort of become plants / vines for limbs with flowers on them and masks.)

Also when is Season 3 of Tianbao Fuyao Lu coming out? Gosh dangit I really want Season 3 of TBFYL so bad. :'( It's currently one of my favorite MLM shows (donghua - Chinese animation, two gay pairings, 3D style). The animation is some of the best I've seen, ever, actually. And the opening is both gorgeous in song and cinematic quality (warning for a small bit of flashing in it). Whennn. D:
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
infinity train is a great way to start sobbing over a gorilla
infinity train is a great way to start sobbing over a gorilla
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
Honestly I would recommend Amphibia? Like, yeah, queerness isn't the main focus, but there certainly are themes. Plus the ending always breaks my heart. & there's also a canon bi main character

It's about three girls getting isekai'd into a dimension with amphibians as a humanoid race. It starts off kinda slow and silly, focusing only on 1 girl, but it ramps up a lot if you can get through the 1st season (definitely don't skip the 1st season though it has a lot of plot important stuff & character moments). This show literally changed my life & I think about it daily.
Honestly I would recommend Amphibia? Like, yeah, queerness isn't the main focus, but there certainly are themes. Plus the ending always breaks my heart. & there's also a canon bi main character

It's about three girls getting isekai'd into a dimension with amphibians as a humanoid race. It starts off kinda slow and silly, focusing only on 1 girl, but it ramps up a lot if you can get through the 1st season (definitely don't skip the 1st season though it has a lot of plot important stuff & character moments). This show literally changed my life & I think about it daily.
FR+2
some good shows on the list!

I'm just here to note that one of the 5 main queers of Queer Eye is non-binary, not sure if they identify as a guy. And they also have their own show that's had one season so far of 6 half hour-ish episodes, which has an episode on the gender binary/being non-binary! It's based on their podcast which has tons more episodes if you're into that, I've never listened to it.
some good shows on the list!

I'm just here to note that one of the 5 main queers of Queer Eye is non-binary, not sure if they identify as a guy. And they also have their own show that's had one season so far of 6 half hour-ish episodes, which has an episode on the gender binary/being non-binary! It's based on their podcast which has tons more episodes if you're into that, I've never listened to it.
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
seconding Kipo, whether you'd be watching for the LGBTQ+ rep or not! banger soundtrack and visually it just scratches the brain in a really good way? you can feel how much love is put in it, and the BIMPOC rep is great!

loved orphan black when i was younger as well, really meant the world to me because it was airing at a point in time where LGBTQ+ rep was just starting to really be a reality and stuff. characters are super interesting and layered too, and tatiana maslany's performances were always just the best

a rec i have that isn't here yet is Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury! really easy to get into as a first gundam series imo. protag is the first female protag of a gundam series and is queer (and adorable!) + mechs are really cool LMAO. the storyline is really cool and visuals are stunning ;A;
seconding Kipo, whether you'd be watching for the LGBTQ+ rep or not! banger soundtrack and visually it just scratches the brain in a really good way? you can feel how much love is put in it, and the BIMPOC rep is great!

loved orphan black when i was younger as well, really meant the world to me because it was airing at a point in time where LGBTQ+ rep was just starting to really be a reality and stuff. characters are super interesting and layered too, and tatiana maslany's performances were always just the best

a rec i have that isn't here yet is Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury! really easy to get into as a first gundam series imo. protag is the first female protag of a gundam series and is queer (and adorable!) + mechs are really cool LMAO. the storyline is really cool and visuals are stunning ;A;
IGH2HzS0nCZN_1.png
w9bDUNq.png
UeSE1vI.png
gYW0j5f.png

{{ my art }}
1 2 3 4