Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBT+ shows to watch during Pride Month?
1 2 3 4
[center]So it's [b]Pride Month[/b], and I'm in the mood to binge-watch some good LGBT+ content. :D (Actually I'm always in the mood to binge-watch some good LGBT+ content, haha.) Does anyone happen to have any [b]good recommendations for LGBT+ shows[/b]? :D I'm especially interested in seeing some [b]WLW / lesbian content and non-binary representation[/b], but I'd love to hear any recommendations y'all have! :D Also, I personally like animation (2D/3D) over live action since it's easier on my motion sickness, but again feel free to recommend anything! [b][size=5]FEEL FREE TO RECOMMEND SOMETHING THAT'S ALREADY BEEN RECOMMENDED.[/size][/b] It helps if I see multiple people like something![/center] ----- [center][b][size=5]RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THIS THREAD:[/size][/b][/center] [quote][size=6][b]I'VE SEEN:[/b][/size] [b]The Owl House[/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] [LIST] [*]I've only partially seen this show and liked what I'd seen of it, but at the time it was not done airing. I'll get back to this one eventually! [/LIST] [b]Yuuri on Ice[/b] [i](rec'd by DinosaurFeathers)[/i] [LIST] [*]I saw this one some time ago! I don't remember too much of it, but that opening song is especially great haha. [/LIST] [b]Steven Universe[/b] [i](rec'd by SkykidNadir)[/i] [LIST] [*]Also saw this some time ago; my favorite character was Pearl! [/LIST] [b]Heartstopper[/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] [LIST] [*]Just watched this one! It had a great amount of queer representation in general and was really wholesome, thanks for the recommendations everyone! [/LIST] [b]She-Ra and the Princesses of Power[/b] [i](rec'd by Fruitgummysnake)[/i] [LIST] [*]I saw this some time ago, and it's actually straight up one of my personal favorite LGBT+ shows I've seen to date! [/LIST] [b]The Dragon Prince[/b] [i](rec'd by Fruitgummysnake)[/i] [LIST] [*]I also saw this one a bit ago, including a new season for it (Mystery of Aaravos). I actually super love this one a lot - also one of my favorites! [/LIST] [b]Centaurworld[/b] [i](rec'd by quincely)[/i] [LIST] [*]I personally don't like this show, I'm sorry! The humor style doesn't vibe with me, aha. I liked some of the songs from it though (especially The Nowhere King). [/LIST] [/quote] [quote][size=6][b]NOT SEEN:[/b][/size] [LIST] [*][b]Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts[/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] - "queerness not the main focus" [*][b]Magnus Archives[/b] [i](rec'd by itsobnoxiouslove)[/i] - "horror, audio/podcast" [*][b]Mechanisms[/b] [i](rec'd by itsobnoxiouslove)[/i] - "band/music" [*][b]Our Flag Means Death[/b] [i](rec'd by SkykidNadir)[/i] - "main focus MLM, nonbinary character" [*][b]The Ultimatum: Queer Love[/b] [i](rec'd by gemhue)[/i] - "reality TV show" [*][b]Dead End: Paranormal Park[/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] - "cancelled, based off comic, trans main" [*][b]Summer Camp Island[/b] [i](rec'd by Lunabella)[/i] [*][b]Arcane[/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] - "subtle romance subplot, animation" [*][b]Infinity Train[/b] [i](rec'd by Lunabella)[/i] - "subtextual queerness in S2" [*][b]Princess Jellyfish[/b] [i](rec'd by quincely)[/i] - "anime, some gender ?? not explicitly stated" [*][b]Q-Force[/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] - "nsfw, gay special ops team" [*][b]Adventure Time[/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] - "later episodes, Stakes miniseries" [*][b]OK K.O.![/b] [i](rec'd by multiple people)[/i] [*][b]Bojack Horseman[/b] [i](rec'd by quincely)[/i] - "ace characters important to series" [*][b]Die Hard[/b] [i](rec'd by HotmailDotCom)[/i] [*][b]Fast and Furious[/b] [i](rec'd by HotmailDotCom)[/i] [*][b]Amphibia[/b] [i](rec'd by stinkycat)[/i] [*][b]Queer Eye[/b] [i](rec'd by stinkycat)[/i] - "reality show, 5 guys, self-love/change, emotional" [*][b]The Mitchells vs. the Machines[/b] [i](rec'd by stinkycat)[/i] [*][b]Orphan Black[/b] [i](rec'd by MyHartWillDrogon)[/i] - "lots of LGBT reps, Australian streaming platform Stan" [/LIST][/quote]
So it's Pride Month, and I'm in the mood to binge-watch some good LGBT+ content. :D (Actually I'm always in the mood to binge-watch some good LGBT+ content, haha.) Does anyone happen to have any good recommendations for LGBT+ shows? :D

I'm especially interested in seeing some WLW / lesbian content and non-binary representation, but I'd love to hear any recommendations y'all have! :D Also, I personally like animation (2D/3D) over live action since it's easier on my motion sickness, but again feel free to recommend anything!

FEEL FREE TO RECOMMEND SOMETHING THAT'S ALREADY BEEN RECOMMENDED.
It helps if I see multiple people like something!

RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THIS THREAD:
Quote:
I'VE SEEN:

The Owl House (rec'd by multiple people)
  • I've only partially seen this show and liked what I'd seen of it, but at the time it was not done airing. I'll get back to this one eventually!

Yuuri on Ice (rec'd by DinosaurFeathers)
  • I saw this one some time ago! I don't remember too much of it, but that opening song is especially great haha.

Steven Universe (rec'd by SkykidNadir)
  • Also saw this some time ago; my favorite character was Pearl!

Heartstopper (rec'd by multiple people)
  • Just watched this one! It had a great amount of queer representation in general and was really wholesome, thanks for the recommendations everyone!

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (rec'd by Fruitgummysnake)
  • I saw this some time ago, and it's actually straight up one of my personal favorite LGBT+ shows I've seen to date!

The Dragon Prince (rec'd by Fruitgummysnake)
  • I also saw this one a bit ago, including a new season for it (Mystery of Aaravos). I actually super love this one a lot - also one of my favorites!

Centaurworld (rec'd by quincely)
  • I personally don't like this show, I'm sorry! The humor style doesn't vibe with me, aha. I liked some of the songs from it though (especially The Nowhere King).
Quote:
NOT SEEN:
  • Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts (rec'd by multiple people) - "queerness not the main focus"
  • Magnus Archives (rec'd by itsobnoxiouslove) - "horror, audio/podcast"
  • Mechanisms (rec'd by itsobnoxiouslove) - "band/music"
  • Our Flag Means Death (rec'd by SkykidNadir) - "main focus MLM, nonbinary character"
  • The Ultimatum: Queer Love (rec'd by gemhue) - "reality TV show"
  • Dead End: Paranormal Park (rec'd by multiple people) - "cancelled, based off comic, trans main"
  • Summer Camp Island (rec'd by Lunabella)
  • Arcane (rec'd by multiple people) - "subtle romance subplot, animation"
  • Infinity Train (rec'd by Lunabella) - "subtextual queerness in S2"
  • Princess Jellyfish (rec'd by quincely) - "anime, some gender ?? not explicitly stated"
  • Q-Force (rec'd by multiple people) - "nsfw, gay special ops team"
  • Adventure Time (rec'd by multiple people) - "later episodes, Stakes miniseries"
  • OK K.O.! (rec'd by multiple people)
  • Bojack Horseman (rec'd by quincely) - "ace characters important to series"
  • Die Hard (rec'd by HotmailDotCom)
  • Fast and Furious (rec'd by HotmailDotCom)
  • Amphibia (rec'd by stinkycat)
  • Queer Eye (rec'd by stinkycat) - "reality show, 5 guys, self-love/change, emotional"
  • The Mitchells vs. the Machines (rec'd by stinkycat)
  • Orphan Black (rec'd by MyHartWillDrogon) - "lots of LGBT reps, Australian streaming platform Stan"
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
Is it cheating to just link to other people putting work into listing things...
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ileanadugato/lesbian-anime-to-start-binge-watching
https://gizmostory.com/best-lesbian-anime/
I haven't seen a vast majority of these so no idea about the quality.

For western animation I know the owl house has a main lesbian romance and a nonbinary character but I'd be shocked if you hadn't heard about it already.

Also yuuri on ice is a must watch to me, it is a gay romance though.

For western animation I know the owl house has a main lesbian romance and a nonbinary character but I'd be shocked if you hadn't heard about it already.

a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
One of my favourite series is Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. One of the main characters is gay and eventually ends up with a partner. However, queerness isn't the main focus of the overall story, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. Still, good series, and worth a watch.
One of my favourite series is Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. One of the main characters is gay and eventually ends up with a partner. However, queerness isn't the main focus of the overall story, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. Still, good series, and worth a watch.
I don't have any tv recommendations but if you're willing to branch into audio/podcast format I have some.

The first is the Magnus Archives which is a horror fiction podcast. The main romance is a gay one and is not really the focus of the series. It is quite long but it is complete so there is no need to rush through it to get caught up.

I also recommend the Mechanisms. They were a band that told stories from the perspective of the space pirate crew of the Aurora. Their albums are retellings of different fairy tales and mythologies but in space.

Many of the band members and their actors are LGBTQ+ with a lesbian and nonbinary character. All of their albums and smaller stories have some form of representation but Once Upon a Time (in space) and The Bifrost Incident have lesbian relationships. These relationships play a role in the plot. Ulysses Dies at Dawn has a nonbinary character.

None of these stories are particularly happy but they are so good and in my opinion have some of the best written LGBTQ+ characters.
I don't have any tv recommendations but if you're willing to branch into audio/podcast format I have some.

The first is the Magnus Archives which is a horror fiction podcast. The main romance is a gay one and is not really the focus of the series. It is quite long but it is complete so there is no need to rush through it to get caught up.

I also recommend the Mechanisms. They were a band that told stories from the perspective of the space pirate crew of the Aurora. Their albums are retellings of different fairy tales and mythologies but in space.

Many of the band members and their actors are LGBTQ+ with a lesbian and nonbinary character. All of their albums and smaller stories have some form of representation but Once Upon a Time (in space) and The Bifrost Incident have lesbian relationships. These relationships play a role in the plot. Ulysses Dies at Dawn has a nonbinary character.

None of these stories are particularly happy but they are so good and in my opinion have some of the best written LGBTQ+ characters.
qi4vciN.pngjELaj9w.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Steven Universe /hj
(But seriously, it's good if you haven't seen it yet!)

I know the Owl House is popular but I haven't seen it myself. My current favorite show is Our Flag Means Death; it does have an AFAB nonbinary character but for the most part it's MLM. Still very very good, though!
Steven Universe /hj
(But seriously, it's good if you haven't seen it yet!)

I know the Owl House is popular but I haven't seen it myself. My current favorite show is Our Flag Means Death; it does have an AFAB nonbinary character but for the most part it's MLM. Still very very good, though!
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
If you have Netflix, Heartstopper is the most wholesome one I've seen! The mains aren't wlw, but there are lesbian characters. It is live action though.
If you have Netflix, Heartstopper is the most wholesome one I've seen! The mains aren't wlw, but there are lesbian characters. It is live action though.
I’m also gonna be recommending The Owl House, a 2D animated show. The main character is in a wlw relationship, and there’s a non-binary character in the second season
I’m also gonna be recommending The Owl House, a 2D animated show. The main character is in a wlw relationship, and there’s a non-binary character in the second season
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
@DinosaurFeathers [quote name="DinosaurFeathers" date="2023-06-12 09:49:57" ] Is it cheating to just link to other people putting work into listing things... https://www.buzzfeed.com/ileanadugato/lesbian-anime-to-start-binge-watching https://gizmostory.com/best-lesbian-anime/ I haven't seen a vast majority of these so no idea about the quality. For western animation I know the owl house has a main lesbian romance and a nonbinary character but I'd be shocked if you hadn't heard about it already. Also yuuri on ice is a must watch to me, it is a gay romance though. [/quote] To be quite honest, I'd prefer if people actually told me things they personally like rather than just giving me a list off of an article since I could easily do that, but it's a lot more interesting to hear people's perspectives on shows and characters they like for whatever reason! Thank you for the reply and the article links however, I appreciate it! Oh, I've watched a bit of [b]The Owl House[/b] a while back and had caught up to where it'd been - I forgot it's updated again I believe since I last looked into it, so I should watch that again, haha. Thank you for the reminder! I also saw [b]Yuuri on Ice[/b] quite some time ago, as well! Admittedly I don't remember a lot of its plotline though since it's been a while for me, but I did remember I loved the opening theme song haha. It's so catchy! :D Thanks again for your reply, and I hope you're having a super stellar day today!
@DinosaurFeathers
DinosaurFeathers wrote on 2023-06-12 09:49:57:

To be quite honest, I'd prefer if people actually told me things they personally like rather than just giving me a list off of an article since I could easily do that, but it's a lot more interesting to hear people's perspectives on shows and characters they like for whatever reason! Thank you for the reply and the article links however, I appreciate it!

Oh, I've watched a bit of The Owl House a while back and had caught up to where it'd been - I forgot it's updated again I believe since I last looked into it, so I should watch that again, haha. Thank you for the reminder!

I also saw Yuuri on Ice quite some time ago, as well! Admittedly I don't remember a lot of its plotline though since it's been a while for me, but I did remember I loved the opening theme song haha. It's so catchy! :D

Thanks again for your reply, and I hope you're having a super stellar day today!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-signature-2.png
@Xionahri [quote name="Xionahri" date="2023-06-12 10:54:51" ] One of my favourite series is Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. One of the main characters is gay and eventually ends up with a partner. However, queerness isn't the main focus of the overall story, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. Still, good series, and worth a watch. [/quote] Oh! I haven't seen that one, but I [i]have[/i] heard of it! I'd actually put that on my list to check out eventually some time ago, haha. I don't know too much about it other than it exists and has LGBT+ content, but seeing someone like it so much definitely bumps it up on my to-check-out list though, thank you so much! It's also good to know the queer aspects aren't the [i]main[/i] focus of the story, but that's great too! It's always nice seeing a good story with queer interlaced into it. :D Thank you so much!
@Xionahri
Xionahri wrote on 2023-06-12 10:54:51:

Oh! I haven't seen that one, but I have heard of it! I'd actually put that on my list to check out eventually some time ago, haha. I don't know too much about it other than it exists and has LGBT+ content, but seeing someone like it so much definitely bumps it up on my to-check-out list though, thank you so much! It's also good to know the queer aspects aren't the main focus of the story, but that's great too! It's always nice seeing a good story with queer interlaced into it. :D Thank you so much!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-signature-2.png
@itsobnoxiouslove [quote name="itsobnoxiouslove" date="2023-06-12 12:48:07" ] I don't have any tv recommendations but if you're willing to branch into audio/podcast format I have some. The first is the Magnus Archives which is a horror fiction podcast. The main romance is a gay one and is not really the focus of the series. It is quite long but it is complete so there is no need to rush through it to get caught up. I also recommend the Mechanisms. They were a band that told stories from the perspective of the space pirate crew of the Aurora. Their albums are retellings of different fairy tales and mythologies but in space. Many of the band members and their actors are LGBTQ+ with a lesbian and nonbinary character. All of their albums and smaller stories have some form of representation but Once Upon a Time (in space) and The Bifrost Incident have lesbian relationships. These relationships play a role in the plot. Ulysses Dies at Dawn has a nonbinary character. None of these stories are particularly happy but they are so good and in my opinion have some of the best written LGBTQ+ characters. [/quote] Oh I personally have a little bit of issue with just purely audio / podcast content (I'm autistic and audio processing can be an issue for me, aha), but thank you for the recommendations all the same! If I have the time and focus I'll try to check out some of these, they sound interesting! Especially the first one you mentioned, as I'm a huge fan of horror to be honest, haha. The Mechanisms sounds like an interesting take on storytelling and perspectives, and it's great to hear about non-binary representation, too. :D Does The Bifrost Incident have any connection to Norse mythology, out of curiosity? I'm just wondering since Bifrost is a Norse mythology-related term, and I'm very into Norse mythology actually (to the point of having actual Futhark runes on some of my dragon profiles, haha)! Also I don't mind if stories aren't "particularly happy." A lot of the storylines I connect to the most are actually ones with heavier, serious, intense topics in them!
@itsobnoxiouslove
itsobnoxiouslove wrote on 2023-06-12 12:48:07:

Oh I personally have a little bit of issue with just purely audio / podcast content (I'm autistic and audio processing can be an issue for me, aha), but thank you for the recommendations all the same! If I have the time and focus I'll try to check out some of these, they sound interesting! Especially the first one you mentioned, as I'm a huge fan of horror to be honest, haha.

The Mechanisms sounds like an interesting take on storytelling and perspectives, and it's great to hear about non-binary representation, too. :D Does The Bifrost Incident have any connection to Norse mythology, out of curiosity? I'm just wondering since Bifrost is a Norse mythology-related term, and I'm very into Norse mythology actually (to the point of having actual Futhark runes on some of my dragon profiles, haha)!

Also I don't mind if stories aren't "particularly happy." A lot of the storylines I connect to the most are actually ones with heavier, serious, intense topics in them!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-signature-2.png
1 2 3 4