Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | mom pick me up i’m scared of the sun
1 2 3
I mean...at least wildfires means better growth later...?
I mean...at least wildfires means better growth later...?
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
Same here, I'm from Canada and in north Ontario we are getting the same smoke from Quebec's wildfires but the winds have been strong and blowing it south.

I think it made the moon red a few days ago, it was eerie. Wish I had thought to snap a pic though. Hope it rains enough here so the brush isn't dry, we had a wildfire scare a couple years ago. Smoke was clouding up in big plumes on the horizon, luckily it didn't come dangerously close though.

Stay safe folks, I hope all is well where you are
Same here, I'm from Canada and in north Ontario we are getting the same smoke from Quebec's wildfires but the winds have been strong and blowing it south.

I think it made the moon red a few days ago, it was eerie. Wish I had thought to snap a pic though. Hope it rains enough here so the brush isn't dry, we had a wildfire scare a couple years ago. Smoke was clouding up in big plumes on the horizon, luckily it didn't come dangerously close though.

Stay safe folks, I hope all is well where you are
Keraunia Hatchery
[quote name="TricksySixx" date="2023-06-07 15:04:41" ] THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESU- [/quote][font=american gothic][size=4] [b][i]THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESU-[/i][/b] In all seriousness though, please take care, anyone who is experiencing the smoke, along with anyone near the wildfires in Canada (like the ones in Quebec mentioned by StaticVials) right now. As someone who has been through large widlfires and been near them as well, you got to make sure you stay safe. Last time there was a major fire, my brother had to be hospitalized for smoke inhalation. It's no joke.
TricksySixx wrote on 2023-06-07 15:04:41:
THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESU-

THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESU-

In all seriousness though, please take care, anyone who is experiencing the smoke, along with anyone near the wildfires in Canada (like the ones in Quebec mentioned by StaticVials) right now. As someone who has been through large widlfires and been near them as well, you got to make sure you stay safe. Last time there was a major fire, my brother had to be hospitalized for smoke inhalation. It's no joke.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
i didn't even realize there were wildfires until today, it's kind of surprising that there isn't more news coverage about it, at least from what i've seen? on tuesday i took a picture of the Red Sun talking about how cool it was because i was able to stare directly at it to admire its Perfect Circle, and not having any idea why it was that way lol. one of my coworkers was reading me some news reports and statistics of it though, and it sounds insane.

i'm a manager at an outdoor pool, and the company's main office called me around 4 to tell me to shut everything down and send everyone home due to the air quality. i knew the air was pretty bad, but i didn't realize it was that bad. however, it definitely explains why i was so tired and out of it all day (we still worked outside and breathed it all in for 6 hours straight), and now i've been coughing a bit with a slightly scratchy throat and short of breath. doesn't help that the pollen count is super high too. luckily i have off tomorrow so i can stay inside all day lmao
i didn't even realize there were wildfires until today, it's kind of surprising that there isn't more news coverage about it, at least from what i've seen? on tuesday i took a picture of the Red Sun talking about how cool it was because i was able to stare directly at it to admire its Perfect Circle, and not having any idea why it was that way lol. one of my coworkers was reading me some news reports and statistics of it though, and it sounds insane.

i'm a manager at an outdoor pool, and the company's main office called me around 4 to tell me to shut everything down and send everyone home due to the air quality. i knew the air was pretty bad, but i didn't realize it was that bad. however, it definitely explains why i was so tired and out of it all day (we still worked outside and breathed it all in for 6 hours straight), and now i've been coughing a bit with a slightly scratchy throat and short of breath. doesn't help that the pollen count is super high too. luckily i have off tomorrow so i can stay inside all day lmao
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
[quote name="SheridanCharon" date="2023-06-07 13:58:11" ] Time to sacrifice an Undead to the Flame again [/quote] [emoji=fire rune size=1]
SheridanCharon wrote on 2023-06-07 13:58:11:
Time to sacrifice an Undead to the Flame again
SIG-02.png
Oh yeah, btw not from Canada but the smoke has also moved a bit down southward, too. You can kinda smell it if you go outside although there's no weird haze or anything for me. Also doesn't help the air quality with the fact that it's really hot and humid outside. Hope everyone's fine and stays safe, though!
Oh yeah, btw not from Canada but the smoke has also moved a bit down southward, too. You can kinda smell it if you go outside although there's no weird haze or anything for me. Also doesn't help the air quality with the fact that it's really hot and humid outside. Hope everyone's fine and stays safe, though!
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
oh hell yeah, i'm experiencing this too since my state literally borders canada lmao. atleast the red sun is pretty!
oh hell yeah, i'm experiencing this too since my state literally borders canada lmao. atleast the red sun is pretty!
Untitled424_20230617211922.png yo im arsonistfurry
im just a dude tbh
he/they
trans rights
ping meeeeeeee
art shop
Untitled419_20230616190853.png
Unfortunately that’s a yearly occurrence in the state where I live… there are always wildfires (not California but one of its neighboring states)
Unfortunately that’s a yearly occurrence in the state where I live… there are always wildfires (not California but one of its neighboring states)
6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png
Had the same affect from when the horrendous Australian wildfires that happened a while ago blew smoke over to New Zealand. Wind had blown the smoke over and the skies were literally orange. It was so incredibly eerie the way the sun illuminated the orange sky.
Had the same affect from when the horrendous Australian wildfires that happened a while ago blew smoke over to New Zealand. Wind had blown the smoke over and the skies were literally orange. It was so incredibly eerie the way the sun illuminated the orange sky.
nnHgvR9.gif
xMagpie
xx» She/her
xx» NZST
xx» Art Shop
xx» Avatar

[quote name="riddlesnitch" date="2023-06-07 13:47:59" ] LOOK AT THE SUN THE RED BALL IN THE SKY IS THE SUN MOTHER PICK ME UP IM SCARED [img]https://i.imgur.com/uWcFzS5.jpg[/img] (edit: i’ll give some context, stated below, Canada has been very much affected by wildfires and due to heavy winds, smoke has been pushed towards America. My whole state and some other states have been engulfed by this smoke and it has caused a beige-ish sky and a purely red sun. It’s also a little hard to breathe and it smells like scented candles, burnt toast, and campfire AND ashes outside.) [/quote] welcome to the wildfire season, stay inside, unless you have work/school in which case lung illnesses are not an excuse to stay home, enjoy your stay i am in canada, and the air here smells like ash and smoke a few days ago everything looked like it was in an old timey photo because the smoke turned the sky yellow
riddlesnitch wrote on 2023-06-07 13:47:59:
LOOK AT THE SUN
THE RED BALL IN THE SKY IS THE SUN
MOTHER PICK ME UP IM SCARED
uWcFzS5.jpg
(edit: i’ll give some context, stated below, Canada has been very much affected by wildfires and due to heavy winds, smoke has been pushed towards America. My whole state and some other states have been engulfed by this smoke and it has caused a beige-ish sky and a purely red sun. It’s also a little hard to breathe and it smells like scented candles, burnt toast, and campfire AND ashes outside.)

welcome to the wildfire season, stay inside, unless you have work/school in which case lung illnesses are not an excuse to stay home, enjoy your stay

i am in canada, and the air here smells like ash and smoke

a few days ago everything looked like it was in an old timey photo because the smoke turned the sky yellow
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
1 2 3