Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | new show/movie suggestions?
1 2
no judgement here- anything. anime, horror, cartoons, thriller, or just movies
post the last show/movie you watched, and what you thought of it.
then post a show/movie you'd recommend in general.

Last show I watched was Beef on Netflix, it was brutal but I highly recommend it. The main characters are written very well. It's very rare I find characters that make me think think. Not exactly good not exactly bad, just complicated. (Drama/Comedy but its got some really intense themes and scenes in it)

Movie I'd recommend in general, definitely Wendell & Wild. Very well made. (Animated)
no judgement here- anything. anime, horror, cartoons, thriller, or just movies
post the last show/movie you watched, and what you thought of it.
then post a show/movie you'd recommend in general.

Last show I watched was Beef on Netflix, it was brutal but I highly recommend it. The main characters are written very well. It's very rare I find characters that make me think think. Not exactly good not exactly bad, just complicated. (Drama/Comedy but its got some really intense themes and scenes in it)

Movie I'd recommend in general, definitely Wendell & Wild. Very well made. (Animated)

nvlVFtD.png

r2QANTY.png
Last thing I watched was The Legend of Vox Machina. It's good. I definitly recommend it.

As far as a general recommendation goes: Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Even if you aren't usually into trek, this show is amazing. Trust me on this one. It's starts off a bit slow, but once it gets going, it packs a punch.
Last thing I watched was The Legend of Vox Machina. It's good. I definitly recommend it.

As far as a general recommendation goes: Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Even if you aren't usually into trek, this show is amazing. Trust me on this one. It's starts off a bit slow, but once it gets going, it packs a punch.
Sandman. It's really easy to binge.
Sandman. It's really easy to binge.
Untitled_Artwork.png
rjSiOyf.gif
P R O J E C T S
the librarythe questpixel art
red_king_poro_by_lilmisssunbear-d89bpvq.gif
I'm currently watching Spring Baking Championship; it's the perfect cheesy cooking show and I'm enjoying it!

Some general recommendations... I already saw Legend of Vox Machina suggested. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is one of my favorites; I can watch it over and over again. It's also one of the few animes where the dub is just as good as the sub!

I also loved Ranking of Kings, Steven Universe, and Our Flag Means Death!
I'm currently watching Spring Baking Championship; it's the perfect cheesy cooking show and I'm enjoying it!

Some general recommendations... I already saw Legend of Vox Machina suggested. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is one of my favorites; I can watch it over and over again. It's also one of the few animes where the dub is just as good as the sub!

I also loved Ranking of Kings, Steven Universe, and Our Flag Means Death!
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
Last show I watched, my partner and I have been slowly making our way through Star Trek Strange New Worlds and been enjoying it - them as a life long trekkie and me as my first trek series ever. It's got a good mix for both camps. I'm also watching a lot of old OG Iron Chef and old TMNT cartoons I don't remember that well.

One I'd recommend, Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun for a good easy laugh, or Mob Psycho 100 for an amazingly animated series with a lot of heart.
Last show I watched, my partner and I have been slowly making our way through Star Trek Strange New Worlds and been enjoying it - them as a life long trekkie and me as my first trek series ever. It's got a good mix for both camps. I'm also watching a lot of old OG Iron Chef and old TMNT cartoons I don't remember that well.

One I'd recommend, Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun for a good easy laugh, or Mob Psycho 100 for an amazingly animated series with a lot of heart.
I've been watching Yellowjackets, and really enjoying it. Revolves around a girls soccer team whose plane crashes in the wilderness and they have to survive a year and half before getting rescued. A big part of it is that they turn to cannibalism and occultism to survive and as adults 20 years later, they have to confront that fact.

It's kind of amazing watching a show and realising it's almost exclusively women onscreen having conversations, making impactful choices, being messy and weird and dark. Also onscreen lesbians are always a win.

I would recommend it if you enjoy horror, complicated traumatised women, and aren't easily grossed out!
I've been watching Yellowjackets, and really enjoying it. Revolves around a girls soccer team whose plane crashes in the wilderness and they have to survive a year and half before getting rescued. A big part of it is that they turn to cannibalism and occultism to survive and as adults 20 years later, they have to confront that fact.

It's kind of amazing watching a show and realising it's almost exclusively women onscreen having conversations, making impactful choices, being messy and weird and dark. Also onscreen lesbians are always a win.

I would recommend it if you enjoy horror, complicated traumatised women, and aren't easily grossed out!
I will always recommend Slayers. it's an anime that pokes fun at a lot of shonen fantasy tropes while still being a great fantasy-action-adventure-comedy series in its own right. its humor is occasionally a little bit dated, but overall it holds up really well. I've described the first series to my partner as "a dnd campaign in which the big bad is defeated very quickly and the party just continues with shenanigans".
honestly the TVTropes page describes it best.
be aware that there is some less-than-FR-appropriate humor, mostly when it comes to the main character's lack of chest padding. the joke is played straight by the main character being the one who comments on it the most. there are also a few parts that are just a little awkward to watch, but that is honestly to be expected from a series from the 90s.
I will always recommend Slayers. it's an anime that pokes fun at a lot of shonen fantasy tropes while still being a great fantasy-action-adventure-comedy series in its own right. its humor is occasionally a little bit dated, but overall it holds up really well. I've described the first series to my partner as "a dnd campaign in which the big bad is defeated very quickly and the party just continues with shenanigans".
honestly the TVTropes page describes it best.
be aware that there is some less-than-FR-appropriate humor, mostly when it comes to the main character's lack of chest padding. the joke is played straight by the main character being the one who comments on it the most. there are also a few parts that are just a little awkward to watch, but that is honestly to be expected from a series from the 90s.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I watched Renfield (2023) with my bestie early this month, and it was delightful! Highly recommend if you like Dracula properties and horror-comedy!
I watched Renfield (2023) with my bestie early this month, and it was delightful! Highly recommend if you like Dracula properties and horror-comedy!
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Last show I watched in full was... probably Dead End: Paranormal Park which is a super fun show, it unfortunately got cut short so it didn't have a third season and it does end on a bit of a cliffhanger but I'd definitely recommend it! I believe it's a children's show? but it's got a really good plot and enjoyable characters, and also has a lot of representation! I really enjoyed it! :0

As for shows I'd recommend generally... I am BEGGING (/light-hearted) anyone who reads this to watch Amphibia and/or The Owl House, they are both incredibly good!! They're technically children's shows too and can be pretty light-hearted/silly at times, especially Amphibia, but can also get. surprisingly dark sdhhsdhsd. I am currently obsessed with them (and have been for nearly a year) so I definitely recommend them!!! <3

All of these are animated/cartoons btw! ^^ (And also, if anyone here has watched or is currently watching any of these shows, feel free to send me a PM to chat about them!! I can't promise I'll be very good at replying due to being socially awkward aaa, but I would absolutely love to talk about any of these shows since I adore them all a lot sdhhdshshs)
Last show I watched in full was... probably Dead End: Paranormal Park which is a super fun show, it unfortunately got cut short so it didn't have a third season and it does end on a bit of a cliffhanger but I'd definitely recommend it! I believe it's a children's show? but it's got a really good plot and enjoyable characters, and also has a lot of representation! I really enjoyed it! :0

As for shows I'd recommend generally... I am BEGGING (/light-hearted) anyone who reads this to watch Amphibia and/or The Owl House, they are both incredibly good!! They're technically children's shows too and can be pretty light-hearted/silly at times, especially Amphibia, but can also get. surprisingly dark sdhhsdhsd. I am currently obsessed with them (and have been for nearly a year) so I definitely recommend them!!! <3

All of these are animated/cartoons btw! ^^ (And also, if anyone here has watched or is currently watching any of these shows, feel free to send me a PM to chat about them!! I can't promise I'll be very good at replying due to being socially awkward aaa, but I would absolutely love to talk about any of these shows since I adore them all a lot sdhhdshshs)
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
The animated show Primal!

It's about the journey of a cave man and a dinosaur.
The animated show Primal!

It's about the journey of a cave man and a dinosaur.
fWKq08u.gif
qjxrAwx.pngbYt72YT.pngRw7uKRS.pngoaolHwW.pngZqTATLu.png
1 2