Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Eurovision 2023
1 2 3 4
MAN. no hate to sweden but as someone who is finnish WE WERE ROBBEEDDDDDD

Tattoo sounded so similar to euphoria ............ cha cha cha was . It definitely was! but LET US WIN AT LEAST ONCEE

edit: Oops forgot that lordi won in 2006 . Silly me!
MAN. no hate to sweden but as someone who is finnish WE WERE ROBBEEDDDDDD

Tattoo sounded so similar to euphoria ............ cha cha cha was . It definitely was! but LET US WIN AT LEAST ONCEE

edit: Oops forgot that lordi won in 2006 . Silly me!
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
Naw man, I literally cried when it was clear Sweden would win... Well, actually because Finland didn't, but... NAW MAN :,(
Cha cha cha was SO good. Here's hoping Käärijä will become as famous as Verka Serduchka! I mean, she showed that even when you don't win, you can go down into the Eurovision history books.
Tattoo is just such an... Ordinary song. Like, it's nothing new. Heard it all before. Like an Euphoria 2.0-kinda song.
Cha cha cha on the other hand: pure energy.

On another note, Lord of the Lost, Germany (my country) did NOT deserve to be last. They are such sweet guys and are SO talented (I mean, not everyone is able to be a screamer as good as Chris).

Overall, however, this year was amazing. Still sad that Denmark didn't even nearly qualify and that Serbia got so few points, but oh well, what can I do about it...

In fact: I never, EVER post on Instagram, but last night I was so sad / generally emotional I even posted about Käärija "losing".

Winner of the hearts, winner to me!
Naw man, I literally cried when it was clear Sweden would win... Well, actually because Finland didn't, but... NAW MAN :,(
Cha cha cha was SO good. Here's hoping Käärijä will become as famous as Verka Serduchka! I mean, she showed that even when you don't win, you can go down into the Eurovision history books.
Tattoo is just such an... Ordinary song. Like, it's nothing new. Heard it all before. Like an Euphoria 2.0-kinda song.
Cha cha cha on the other hand: pure energy.

On another note, Lord of the Lost, Germany (my country) did NOT deserve to be last. They are such sweet guys and are SO talented (I mean, not everyone is able to be a screamer as good as Chris).

Overall, however, this year was amazing. Still sad that Denmark didn't even nearly qualify and that Serbia got so few points, but oh well, what can I do about it...

In fact: I never, EVER post on Instagram, but last night I was so sad / generally emotional I even posted about Käärija "losing".

Winner of the hearts, winner to me!
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
Finland was my winner as well, I even have a Käärijä phone case :'(

I'm shocked Italy got so many points but happy for their artist! And I'm even more shocked Slovenia got so little points, their song is such a banger and they seemed to be a fan favorite on social media. Very weird result this year. 0_0
Finland was my winner as well, I even have a Käärijä phone case :'(

I'm shocked Italy got so many points but happy for their artist! And I'm even more shocked Slovenia got so little points, their song is such a banger and they seemed to be a fan favorite on social media. Very weird result this year. 0_0
Utterly confused as to why the jury gave so many points to Sweden. Was it because their entrant had won Eurovision before? Was it to celebrate the anniversary of ABBA's win?

I don't doubt she's a good singer, but Tattoo just didn't leave as much as an impression on me than Euphoria did. It's been something like ten years and the chorus of the latter song is still stuck in my head.

Not surprised the UK was second-to-last. Our songs are usually pretty crap imo, with last year's entry being a very notable exception. I'm really bummed that Germany came last too :((
Utterly confused as to why the jury gave so many points to Sweden. Was it because their entrant had won Eurovision before? Was it to celebrate the anniversary of ABBA's win?

I don't doubt she's a good singer, but Tattoo just didn't leave as much as an impression on me than Euphoria did. It's been something like ten years and the chorus of the latter song is still stuck in my head.

Not surprised the UK was second-to-last. Our songs are usually pretty crap imo, with last year's entry being a very notable exception. I'm really bummed that Germany came last too :((
tn0RSo5.pngpyAp3dI.png
MUYNhfy.pngbYt72YT.png
mtHAEL4.pngBS4vqBB.png

Please read the bios/broadcast messages of my dragons before referring to them! Many of them have genders other than what they were assigned by the game :)
Echoing everyone else's sentiments here. I was shocked to see Germany dead last! Their song was so creative compared to some of the others that scored fairly high. I also agree that Loreen's song was much more average than Euphoria. It doesn't have a "killing part" like Euphoria or Cha Cha Cha. Oh well. The votes were super close (560 vs 520) compared to third place (320, I think?). I hope this'll get more interest in Finnish music because there are some awesome Finnish acts! Also the language is just super pretty and I love how it sounds
Echoing everyone else's sentiments here. I was shocked to see Germany dead last! Their song was so creative compared to some of the others that scored fairly high. I also agree that Loreen's song was much more average than Euphoria. It doesn't have a "killing part" like Euphoria or Cha Cha Cha. Oh well. The votes were super close (560 vs 520) compared to third place (320, I think?). I hope this'll get more interest in Finnish music because there are some awesome Finnish acts! Also the language is just super pretty and I love how it sounds
Nahhhhhh cause im still upset over Sweden. The judging is too convenient and when an entire darn crowd is chanting "CHA CHA CHA" you should probably have an epiphany over incorrect judgement. Sad about germany :(

Oh well, eurovision is always (and will always) be political and points are easily paid for :,D Proud of us for getting the second-most audience points in the history of eurovision!
Nahhhhhh cause im still upset over Sweden. The judging is too convenient and when an entire darn crowd is chanting "CHA CHA CHA" you should probably have an epiphany over incorrect judgement. Sad about germany :(

Oh well, eurovision is always (and will always) be political and points are easily paid for :,D Proud of us for getting the second-most audience points in the history of eurovision!
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
I'm gonna have to say I was super sad yesterday and couldn't really focus on anything. I'm still mad about how the jury gave the win to Sweden but ugh.. Trying to focus on the good here. (Still super mad though lol.)

This spring has been amazing thanks to Käärijä and all the hype, it has given me so much energy and I'm so happy that all of Europe loved him and Cha cha cha and have seen so many positive comments that it gave people happiness! People's winner this year was definitely Finland and I love that <3

ps. Yep sad about Germany too! They didn't deserve that :(
I'm gonna have to say I was super sad yesterday and couldn't really focus on anything. I'm still mad about how the jury gave the win to Sweden but ugh.. Trying to focus on the good here. (Still super mad though lol.)

This spring has been amazing thanks to Käärijä and all the hype, it has given me so much energy and I'm so happy that all of Europe loved him and Cha cha cha and have seen so many positive comments that it gave people happiness! People's winner this year was definitely Finland and I love that <3

ps. Yep sad about Germany too! They didn't deserve that :(
2T7Jk2l.png
Justice for Käärijä!!!
Justice for Käärijä!!!
cVPo4yi.png hh5n4WA.png JvUa9ma.png 0lyo3OL.png 0HBKL8H.png
Oh finally, my people are here. Now I can rant and rave.

I was rooting for Finland Germany and Estonia this time. Unfortunately I don't think Germany had much of a chance, pop is a lot more popular with this. I was glad to see Findland do so well though!

That darn jury vote though! I think most seem to share this sentiment, right? Finland were the obvious choice here, no? It represented that classic Eurovision essence of not taking itself too seriously and just being fun and catchy as well as fitting the theme of unionship through music (it was something like that wasn't it) simply because of how darn popular it was! That crowd went NUTS whenever Finland was mentioned.

It bothers me Sweden won because Loreen has already won before and became somewhat well known, I feel like she shouldn't have been allowed to participate again. It's also probably my own bad taste here but I thought her song was forgettable and not very interesting. I'm just going to pretend Finland won and the UK actually had an interesting entry this year (why are we always so plain...).
Oh finally, my people are here. Now I can rant and rave.

I was rooting for Finland Germany and Estonia this time. Unfortunately I don't think Germany had much of a chance, pop is a lot more popular with this. I was glad to see Findland do so well though!

That darn jury vote though! I think most seem to share this sentiment, right? Finland were the obvious choice here, no? It represented that classic Eurovision essence of not taking itself too seriously and just being fun and catchy as well as fitting the theme of unionship through music (it was something like that wasn't it) simply because of how darn popular it was! That crowd went NUTS whenever Finland was mentioned.

It bothers me Sweden won because Loreen has already won before and became somewhat well known, I feel like she shouldn't have been allowed to participate again. It's also probably my own bad taste here but I thought her song was forgettable and not very interesting. I'm just going to pretend Finland won and the UK actually had an interesting entry this year (why are we always so plain...).
FObX7rS.png
Late to the party but hiii!! Eurovision might be over but I'm not over Eurovision! Albania's, Austria's and Moldova's entries still live rent free in my head!!! [quote name="froginthebag" date="2023-05-15 02:57:18" ] Oh well, eurovision is always (and will always) be political and points are easily paid for :,D [/quote] True, if this were the '00s, when the results came purely televoting, were so beautifully diverse. People usually don't care for politics and vote according to what tney enjoyed. And, judging how a lot of people online were urging others to NOT vote for Poland, due to the person chosen got there due to nepotism, I'd say they care about fairness, too. I miss Hatari now
Late to the party but hiii!! Eurovision might be over but I'm not over Eurovision! Albania's, Austria's and Moldova's entries still live rent free in my head!!!
froginthebag wrote on 2023-05-15 02:57:18:
Oh well, eurovision is always (and will always) be political and points are easily paid for :,D
True, if this were the '00s, when the results came purely televoting, were so beautifully diverse. People usually don't care for politics and vote according to what tney enjoyed. And, judging how a lot of people online were urging others to NOT vote for Poland, due to the person chosen got there due to nepotism, I'd say they care about fairness, too.

I miss Hatari now
All I want is snuggles, All I get is struggles
dead AAA battery // All pronouns OK
1 2 3 4