Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I did an oopsie
1 2
I just applied a silhouette scroll ON THE WRONG DRAGON.

i will see myself out, and cry a bit on the way. also this is not my first dummy moment i'm afraid.

pls share your recent facepalm moments so i can feel a bit better x)

edit: i was just gifted a new silhouette scroll by a lovely soul to redeem my oopsie and i'm eternally grateful ;_; <3
I just applied a silhouette scroll ON THE WRONG DRAGON.

i will see myself out, and cry a bit on the way. also this is not my first dummy moment i'm afraid.

pls share your recent facepalm moments so i can feel a bit better x)

edit: i was just gifted a new silhouette scroll by a lovely soul to redeem my oopsie and i'm eternally grateful ;_; <3
XN35oD9.png
QXbwURF.png
eswSnrS.png
OxagJgG.png
bhdEs05.png
This facepalm moment of mine happened some time ago, but I hope it will help you feel better anyway: I scraped up the treasure to buy the Chess gene for this dragon: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82686083][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/826861/82686083_350.png[/img][/url] but when it came time to apply it, he wasn't showing up in the list of available dragons! I stewed around for days, moaning and groaning and gnashing my teeth--what's wrong with this @#&*% site anyway?! I even thought about filing a bug report. But then I looked closer, and realized that he already had the gene. I don't even remember how that happened, which is the most embarrassing of all! My face was red as a beet at the time, but I can laugh about it now. Hopefully, the same will be true of you in time (plus it might result in some great new lore ideas for the dragon that got unexpectedly scrolled). Don't worry...accidents like this have happened to most of us at one time or another. Best wishes for better days ahead!
This facepalm moment of mine happened some time ago, but I hope it will help you feel better anyway:

I scraped up the treasure to buy the Chess gene for this dragon:

82686083_350.png

but when it came time to apply it, he wasn't showing up in the list of available dragons! I stewed around for days, moaning and groaning and gnashing my teeth--what's wrong with this @#&*% site anyway?! I even thought about filing a bug report. But then I looked closer, and realized that he already had the gene. I don't even remember how that happened, which is the most embarrassing of all! My face was red as a beet at the time, but I can laugh about it now. Hopefully, the same will be true of you in time (plus it might result in some great new lore ideas for the dragon that got unexpectedly scrolled).

Don't worry...accidents like this have happened to most of us at one time or another. Best wishes for better days ahead!
XdKddgH.png c2678ebefd7e5f3201ac8ca4167849350b5fe131.png 53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png cbd14df36b233e3862583e33f6144299f3562870.png 5f427e1c8be1e9f0ef47971b1ec9079123f249da.png
I was trying to buy a primary gene and bought the secondary version instead...
(I think it was Cinder I wanted and Blaze I bought, so extra annoying to hunt in the marketplace)
The foolishness I felt when I tried to apply it to a dragon and didn't get why they weren't showing up. Ah. They already have it...

I couldn't even bring myself to resell it I ended up gifting it to a friend
(I think it was Cinder I wanted and Blaze I bought, so extra annoying to hunt in the marketplace)
The foolishness I felt when I tried to apply it to a dragon and didn't get why they weren't showing up. Ah. They already have it...

Flowering Vulpine Plushie Xan ~ he/him/she/her
+3 hrs FR time
@lunaskyshadow well, at least you can sell the gene or use it on another derg if that's the case xD i just wasted 400g Dx but yeah i can imagine the annoyance when you realized it lol!

@xandolin oh yeah that has happened to me too x) i also accidentally bought an ancient gene when i needed a modern one... one of the downsides of all the genes being in the same tab in the marketplace. (it drives me insane)
@lunaskyshadow well, at least you can sell the gene or use it on another derg if that's the case xD i just wasted 400g Dx but yeah i can imagine the annoyance when you realized it lol!

@xandolin oh yeah that has happened to me too x) i also accidentally bought an ancient gene when i needed a modern one... one of the downsides of all the genes being in the same tab in the marketplace. (it drives me insane)
XN35oD9.png
QXbwURF.png
eswSnrS.png
OxagJgG.png
bhdEs05.png
When aethers was new and site was laggy due to hipe I've scrolled and gem gene scrolled pair. I was sure I've checked their relations and everything was ok. But eventually they appears relatives! Pure loss.
When aethers was new and site was laggy due to hipe I've scrolled and gem gene scrolled pair. I was sure I've checked their relations and everything was ok. But eventually they appears relatives! Pure loss.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
@alkhor oh no i feel for you Dx <3
@alkhor oh no i feel for you Dx <3
XN35oD9.png
QXbwURF.png
eswSnrS.png
OxagJgG.png
bhdEs05.png
I don't remember the full details because this was years ago, but there's a dragon in my lair aptly named Whoops. IIRC what happened was some combination of buying her on accident (I'm not a huge fan of XXX most of the time) and applying genes to her, before I realized what I was doing.

Something something sunk cost, I ended up keeping her around and she had lots of nests and then I retired her. I'm kind of weirdly attached now.
I don't remember the full details because this was years ago, but there's a dragon in my lair aptly named Whoops. IIRC what happened was some combination of buying her on accident (I'm not a huge fan of XXX most of the time) and applying genes to her, before I realized what I was doing.

Something something sunk cost, I ended up keeping her around and she had lots of nests and then I retired her. I'm kind of weirdly attached now.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

[quote name="Xandolin" date="2023-05-12 11:12:41" ] I was trying to buy a primary gene and bought the secondary version instead... (I think it was Cinder I wanted and Blaze I bought, so extra annoying to hunt in the marketplace) The foolishness I felt when I tried to apply it to a dragon and didn't get why they weren't showing up. Ah. They already have it... I couldn't even bring myself to resell it I ended up gifting it to a friend [/quote] I did something similar with Spool and Thread. x'D I think it happened when I was trying to gene either Forestfly or Solar.
Xandolin wrote on 2023-05-12 11:12:41:

I did something similar with Spool and Thread. x'D I think it happened when I was trying to gene either Forestfly or Solar.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
[center]So I went to buy peregrine for this dragon. I accidentally bought falcon an applied it to him. Which meant I needed to buy Savannah, again. I eventually bought peregrine, only to apply it to the wrong dragon(one of his siblings I believe with the wrong tert?). Finally I was able to purchase a second peregrine and finally apply it to the correct dragon. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37054704][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/370548/37054704_350.png[/img][/url]
So I went to buy peregrine for this dragon. I accidentally bought falcon an applied it to him. Which meant I needed to buy Savannah, again. I eventually bought peregrine, only to apply it to the wrong dragon(one of his siblings I believe with the wrong tert?). Finally I was able to purchase a second peregrine and finally apply it to the correct dragon.

37054704_350.png
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
This isn't recent, at all, but one time I was attempting to put a newly-hatched dragon up for sale and managed to exalt it instead. Unnamed. That was surely a facepalm moment for me.

Also one time I was doing a fandragon breeding project, wanted the parents to have the names of the canon parents of said character...and named them the opposite names. Had to buy two renaming scrolls to fix my mistake. Not nearly as costly as a silhouette scroll, but still highly annoying, haha.
This isn't recent, at all, but one time I was attempting to put a newly-hatched dragon up for sale and managed to exalt it instead. Unnamed. That was surely a facepalm moment for me.

Also one time I was doing a fandragon breeding project, wanted the parents to have the names of the canon parents of said character...and named them the opposite names. Had to buy two renaming scrolls to fix my mistake. Not nearly as costly as a silhouette scroll, but still highly annoying, haha.
1 2