Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] easy gene project tracker
1 2
@ElementMaster glad you like it!! i was having that same issue with other trackers i was finding. i just wanted some dropdown menus and a quick calculation of needed currency and mats, yknow? decided to spend some time and make my life infinitely easier
@ElementMaster glad you like it!! i was having that same issue with other trackers i was finding. i just wanted some dropdown menus and a quick calculation of needed currency and mats, yknow? decided to spend some time and make my life infinitely easier
@TypeFull @pawsmos @Sushimonsterr

Sheet updated for Banescale Leopard/Clouded! in order to update your existing sheet you can copy/paste the primary/secondary columns from the "Treasure Genes" and "Data" tabs in the template into the same places in your sheet.
@TypeFull @pawsmos @Sushimonsterr

Sheet updated for Banescale Leopard/Clouded! in order to update your existing sheet you can copy/paste the primary/secondary columns from the "Treasure Genes" and "Data" tabs in the template into the same places in your sheet.
hi! i changed my username from pawsmos to bubbaberriboo ^^
hi! i changed my username from pawsmos to bubbaberriboo ^^
CPMK3ES.gif Dg3u2u3.png bumble
advAsr3.png non-binary
he/him or
xey/xem
@bubbaberriboo
W0PfjfV.png strawberry
@bubbaberriboo Thanks for letting me know! Pinglist updated.
@bubbaberriboo Thanks for letting me know! Pinglist updated.
Holy spreadsheet, Batman! I was just about to sit down and rough out a considerably less high-tech tracker for myself, but I figured I'd hit the forums first, and my goodness I'm glad I did. This is genius. I'm fairly certain you just saved me hours' worth of work.

By the way, I downloaded it for Excel and it seems like the drop-down menus work alright (they get a little weird with some extra spacing when you first click it, but when you scroll it up via the in-menu scroll bar it works just fine). As someone who is fond of Excel, I find this pleasing. :)

Thank you so much for putting this together and posting it! I can't imagine the amount of time that went into it, and I am very grateful to you for saving me that time. Good luck with your projects! <3
Holy spreadsheet, Batman! I was just about to sit down and rough out a considerably less high-tech tracker for myself, but I figured I'd hit the forums first, and my goodness I'm glad I did. This is genius. I'm fairly certain you just saved me hours' worth of work.

By the way, I downloaded it for Excel and it seems like the drop-down menus work alright (they get a little weird with some extra spacing when you first click it, but when you scroll it up via the in-menu scroll bar it works just fine). As someone who is fond of Excel, I find this pleasing. :)

Thank you so much for putting this together and posting it! I can't imagine the amount of time that went into it, and I am very grateful to you for saving me that time. Good luck with your projects! <3
rowanhart ~ she/her ~ windy

zS7zdCY.pngSiu8EQv.png mTFU87v.png
___
VgQr1kz.png
oX8CbtU9_o.png 2NHNerQ.gif
@TypeFull @bubbaberriboo @Sushimonsterr @yall

Hello everyone. Sorry I was gone so long. I'm (tentatively) back and have updated the spreadsheet accordingly; however, if you are using the original one I posted, you can't fully update it with the template. I've gone through and made a couple quality of life changes - namely, the way you select genes. I was finding that the gene selection process could be unwieldy with all of the modern and ancient genes in one dropdown, so I figured out a way to make them dependent on one another. In the revamped spreadsheet, when you select an ancient breed, it will make all of the dropdowns for genes be specific to that ancient breed. This did mean that some changes in the structure of the file have been made.

If you are still using my sheet and want to have an updated sheet based off of the template, you'll have to make a new copy and re-enter the information from your current sheet. You're also welcome to make updates to your existing one. The process is similar enough that you can probably figure it out based on the current update guide. I know it's inconvenient and I do apologize! But I promise the updated sheet is really nice.

Hello everyone. Sorry I was gone so long. I'm (tentatively) back and have updated the spreadsheet accordingly; however, if you are using the original one I posted, you can't fully update it with the template. I've gone through and made a couple quality of life changes - namely, the way you select genes. I was finding that the gene selection process could be unwieldy with all of the modern and ancient genes in one dropdown, so I figured out a way to make them dependent on one another. In the revamped spreadsheet, when you select an ancient breed, it will make all of the dropdowns for genes be specific to that ancient breed. This did mean that some changes in the structure of the file have been made.

If you are still using my sheet and want to have an updated sheet based off of the template, you'll have to make a new copy and re-enter the information from your current sheet. You're also welcome to make updates to your existing one. The process is similar enough that you can probably figure it out based on the current update guide. I know it's inconvenient and I do apologize! But I promise the updated sheet is really nice.

Updated for the Gaoler expansion! As always, corrections and feedback are welcome.

Updated for the Gaoler expansion! As always, corrections and feedback are welcome.
Recently found this sheet and absolutely loved it!
As a bit of a spreadsheet wizard myself, I decided to make some personal edits that kind of turned into a full-blown rework of this. Don't really wanna make my own thread for it as it's still mostly your code, but would you mind if I shared it here?
I changed a bit of backend stuff so there's less overall sheets (the amount of them was lagging my dinky little laptop...), did a lot of aesthetic edits, and changed the project list to have 698 workable rows (above the current max dragon amount, I think).
I also caught some typos:
- Crackle in Organized Data is misspelled Cracke
- Stitched (Veilspun) in Organized Data is misspelled Stiched (Veilspun)
Recently found this sheet and absolutely loved it!
As a bit of a spreadsheet wizard myself, I decided to make some personal edits that kind of turned into a full-blown rework of this. Don't really wanna make my own thread for it as it's still mostly your code, but would you mind if I shared it here?
I changed a bit of backend stuff so there's less overall sheets (the amount of them was lagging my dinky little laptop...), did a lot of aesthetic edits, and changed the project list to have 698 workable rows (above the current max dragon amount, I think).
I also caught some typos:
- Crackle in Organized Data is misspelled Cracke
- Stitched (Veilspun) in Organized Data is misspelled Stiched (Veilspun)
audric - repi - comm
it/its - ie/ier - ie/iem - ve/vem
i'm friendly! feel free to shoot a pm or leave a profile comment :D
@qsmp Go ahead and share! This was largely a personal project that got out of hand (and I'm no spreadsheet expert, just a fan) so I'd love to see improvements on it. I'll fix those typos tomorrow probably lol
@qsmp Go ahead and share! This was largely a personal project that got out of hand (and I'm no spreadsheet expert, just a fan) so I'd love to see improvements on it. I'll fix those typos tomorrow probably lol
Here it is then! I will mention, I changed the font to Consolas as it's easier for me to read, but if anyone needs or wants to change it back you can just ctrl+a and set it to whatever. A more comprehensive list of changes is in the sheet.
Last update: 21 November 2023 (Auraboa dragons)
Here it is then! I will mention, I changed the font to Consolas as it's easier for me to read, but if anyone needs or wants to change it back you can just ctrl+a and set it to whatever. A more comprehensive list of changes is in the sheet.
Last update: 21 November 2023 (Auraboa dragons)
audric - repi - comm
it/its - ie/ier - ie/iem - ve/vem
i'm friendly! feel free to shoot a pm or leave a profile comment :D
1 2