Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Strange observation, but...
1 2 3 4 5
I'm still in school and i joined in early Secondary school, but in terms of why so many people enjoy FR is probably because this game is very flexible and forgiving when you takes breaks unlike other in the market which is why so many different age groups love it.
I'm still in school and i joined in early Secondary school, but in terms of why so many people enjoy FR is probably because this game is very flexible and forgiving when you takes breaks unlike other in the market which is why so many different age groups love it.
|Ello I'm Awoken, She/her, FR+8, I am a bunch of lizards in a coat, Profile dragon|
WyB8X7e.jpg
*waves from her mid-50s*

Because you never outgrow fun.

Seriously! I never played on a pet site before this one, but I saw mentions of it, and as a long, long-time fan of fantasy, what could be better than having a lair full of dragons? Age has nothing at all to do with it.

And I really hope that all the younger people on this site don't feel like there's a point in their lives at which they'll need to put away things like this game. It is in fact possible to be a gainfully employed professional who pays taxes and is wondering whether AARP is worth it and also have dragons named Doot, Niffle, and Bump.

*waves from her mid-50s*

Seriously! I never played on a pet site before this one, but I saw mentions of it, and as a long, long-time fan of fantasy, what could be better than having a lair full of dragons? Age has nothing at all to do with it.

And I really hope that all the younger people on this site don't feel like there's a point in their lives at which they'll need to put away things like this game. It is in fact possible to be a gainfully employed professional who pays taxes and is wondering whether AARP is worth it and also have dragons named Doot, Niffle, and Bump.

MmSftql.png
I think it's really nice! Everyone can come together under Flight Rising! I've seen 14y/o's to grandparents on here. It's refreshing.
I think it's really nice! Everyone can come together under Flight Rising! I've seen 14y/o's to grandparents on here. It's refreshing.
34822.png
Call me Nova!
He/They/It
FR +2
577.png
21402.png
I joined this site in 2014 as a 14-year-old! I'm 23 now so I guess I just grew up with the site :)
I joined this site in 2014 as a 14-year-old! I'm 23 now so I guess I just grew up with the site :)
m59NfS2.png
*me staring blankly as I turn 30 in 5 days*

I would agree with others who said a majority of this age range grew up with pet sites like Neopets, also loved Tamagotchis and our childhood was filled with Pokemon, Digimon, and all sorts of iterations.

And with many having jobs on the computer, getting to enjoy the polished modern version of our nostalgia is a great way to casually pass the time!
*me staring blankly as I turn 30 in 5 days*

I would agree with others who said a majority of this age range grew up with pet sites like Neopets, also loved Tamagotchis and our childhood was filled with Pokemon, Digimon, and all sorts of iterations.

And with many having jobs on the computer, getting to enjoy the polished modern version of our nostalgia is a great way to casually pass the time!
PVtiMwp.pngFRT+3 PVtiMwp.pngShe/They PVtiMwp.pngPing Me
P3v4egs.gif
Have you seen The Yellow Sign?
[quote name="velvetpaws" date="2023-04-07 08:57:13" ] Because you never outgrow fun. [/quote] ^that says it all, right there. I'm in my upper 30s and like a lot of users I played Neopets in its heyday, grew up with Pokemon and other similar games, and I've always loved fantasy, made up creatures, and dragons. So, this site is a fun diversion when I get free time. It's not as if you get to 30 and then decide 'wow time to suddenly start disliking all those really fun things I used to love and only have "Adult" interests!' Like, nah. Once a nerd, always a nerd, is what I say. :p
velvetpaws wrote on 2023-04-07 08:57:13:

^that says it all, right there.

I'm in my upper 30s and like a lot of users I played Neopets in its heyday, grew up with Pokemon and other similar games, and I've always loved fantasy, made up creatures, and dragons. So, this site is a fun diversion when I get free time.

It's not as if you get to 30 and then decide 'wow time to suddenly start disliking all those really fun things I used to love and only have "Adult" interests!'

Like, nah. Once a nerd, always a nerd, is what I say. :p
The age minimum to make an account probably helps—there’s an older more mature player-base so I guess people are less likely to leave as they get older than if it was a site that allowed pre-teens and younger.
The age minimum to make an account probably helps—there’s an older more mature player-base so I guess people are less likely to leave as they get older than if it was a site that allowed pre-teens and younger.
iW3lC5l.pngY5ILoot.pngtg462CC.pngQFchClK.pnglightflower.png
Just gonna add my two cents, I am someone in my mid twenties and I joined during the height of the pandemic. The site was released when I was starting high school and a few of my friends at the time played, but I never got involved until pandemic boredom forced me to find a safe indoor hobby. I was hooked immediately and haven't stopped playing since :> I've often wrestled with the idea that I'm too old for this game, that eventually I'll have to "grow up" and stop playing. But I only feel that way because I [i]imagine[/i] it's what other people expect of me, and in reality, while my gameplay will fluctuate throughout my life as my life itself changes, there's no need to stop playing just because other people might possibly think pixel dragons are too childish for someone my age. [quote name="velvetpaws" date="2023-04-07 08:57:13" ] And I really hope that all the younger people on this site don't feel like there's a point in their lives at which they'll need to put away things like this game. It is in fact possible to be a gainfully employed professional who pays taxes and is wondering whether AARP is worth it and also have dragons named Doot, Niffle, and Bump. [/quote] THIS. @velvetpaws you're a role model for me and I thank you for saying what you did :)
Just gonna add my two cents, I am someone in my mid twenties and I joined during the height of the pandemic. The site was released when I was starting high school and a few of my friends at the time played, but I never got involved until pandemic boredom forced me to find a safe indoor hobby. I was hooked immediately and haven't stopped playing since :>

I've often wrestled with the idea that I'm too old for this game, that eventually I'll have to "grow up" and stop playing. But I only feel that way because I imagine it's what other people expect of me, and in reality, while my gameplay will fluctuate throughout my life as my life itself changes, there's no need to stop playing just because other people might possibly think pixel dragons are too childish for someone my age.

velvetpaws wrote on 2023-04-07 08:57:13:

THIS. @velvetpaws you're a role model for me and I thank you for saying what you did :)
gFvy9jg.png JI7OqcB.png gFvy9jg.png
Elaine
she/her
queer
FR+3
ping me!
lKSY9Uw.png gFvy9jg.png
do what you want forever because life is too short to not have fun! i joined when i had much fewer responsibilities and pet sims werent completely dead yet, but now? FR's one of the only remaining sims that's worth my time and energy, however limited those may be. nothing else scratches that same itch.
do what you want forever because life is too short to not have fun! i joined when i had much fewer responsibilities and pet sims werent completely dead yet, but now? FR's one of the only remaining sims that's worth my time and energy, however limited those may be. nothing else scratches that same itch.
nzqnkq.png
[quote name="Before" date="2023-04-07 06:56:50" ] That's the age range that grew up playing Neopets during its heyday! [/quote] This. My account on Neopets is old enough to drink.
Before wrote on 2023-04-07 06:56:50:
That's the age range that grew up playing Neopets during its heyday!
This. My account on Neopets is old enough to drink.
1 2 3 4 5