Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Strange observation, but...
1 2 3 4 5
I started playing Neopets when I was 10.
Played until I was in highschool.
Joined a fansite when I was in college bc I missed making OCs.
They advertised FR's kickstarter.
I joined FR in 2013 while I was in college, and now it's... 2023 and I'm in my 30s.

Silly dragon pngs have been there for me through the ups and downs of life. It's a nice relaxing spot that I can use as a creative outlet. When you're an adult, you don't magically stop enjoying things you used to like. You still like reading, writing, etc. And I still have friends from 9+ years ago that I still talk to about FR because...we both still play! It's a hobby like any other.
I started playing Neopets when I was 10.
Played until I was in highschool.
Joined a fansite when I was in college bc I missed making OCs.
They advertised FR's kickstarter.
I joined FR in 2013 while I was in college, and now it's... 2023 and I'm in my 30s.

Silly dragon pngs have been there for me through the ups and downs of life. It's a nice relaxing spot that I can use as a creative outlet. When you're an adult, you don't magically stop enjoying things you used to like. You still like reading, writing, etc. And I still have friends from 9+ years ago that I still talk to about FR because...we both still play! It's a hobby like any other.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

Nobody grows out of video games anymore so we're still here + some of us still don't have lives (some of us meaning me).
it's bc this site is 10 years old and most of us were teenagers when we joined.

Nobody grows out of video games anymore so we're still here + some of us still don't have lives (some of us meaning me).

Zoo | 24 | +3 Hrs
Bio Templates
Fandragons
Uae529o.png
Brain doesn't make happy chemical normally for me
Pixel dragons make the happy chemical

Also just, dragons
Brain doesn't make happy chemical normally for me
Pixel dragons make the happy chemical

Also just, dragons
vDH0pGc.png
[quote name="luccamajere" date="2023-04-07 09:45:35" ] [quote name="velvetpaws" date="2023-04-07 08:57:13" ] Because you never outgrow fun. [/quote] ^that says it all, right there. I'm in my upper 30s and like a lot of users I played Neopets in its heyday, grew up with Pokemon and other similar games, and I've always loved fantasy, made up creatures, and dragons. So, this site is a fun diversion when I get free time. It's not as if you get to 30 and then decide 'wow time to suddenly start disliking all those really fun things I used to love and only have "Adult" interests!' Like, nah. Once a nerd, always a nerd, is what I say. :p [/quote] ^ These folks said it better than I ever could, and I agree with them. Fun doesn’t have an expiration date.
luccamajere wrote on 2023-04-07 09:45:35:
velvetpaws wrote on 2023-04-07 08:57:13:
Because you never outgrow fun.

^that says it all, right there.

I'm in my upper 30s and like a lot of users I played Neopets in its heyday, grew up with Pokemon and other similar games, and I've always loved fantasy, made up creatures, and dragons. So, this site is a fun diversion when I get free time.

It's not as if you get to 30 and then decide 'wow time to suddenly start disliking all those really fun things I used to love and only have "Adult" interests!'

Like, nah. Once a nerd, always a nerd, is what I say. :p

^ These folks said it better than I ever could, and I agree with them.

Fun doesn’t have an expiration date.
6nI5sr3.png Arcane-Network.png
I'm not that old, but have stuck with FR starting in early high school (maybe even late middle school?), up through college, and now through post-grad education!

There are a few things that keep me coming back (though most have been mentioned already): the site experience is very low-stakes in that there's no real punishment for taking breaks or otherwise altering your playstyle; one's site experience is very customizable (my lair's lore and appearance is different from the next person's lair's lore and appearance); and the creative dragon and gene designs never get old to look at.
I'm not that old, but have stuck with FR starting in early high school (maybe even late middle school?), up through college, and now through post-grad education!

There are a few things that keep me coming back (though most have been mentioned already): the site experience is very low-stakes in that there's no real punishment for taking breaks or otherwise altering your playstyle; one's site experience is very customizable (my lair's lore and appearance is different from the next person's lair's lore and appearance); and the creative dragon and gene designs never get old to look at.
ctFAI4k.gif
When I joined back in 2015, I was already an older player (very late 20's). I didn't really have an opportunity to get into pet sites before then, and FR was the first one.

I think it's great that we have a diverse community spanning all ages from 13 and up.
When I joined back in 2015, I was already an older player (very late 20's). I didn't really have an opportunity to get into pet sites before then, and FR was the first one.

I think it's great that we have a diverse community spanning all ages from 13 and up.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
[quote name="Lamna" date="2023-04-07 08:11:51" ] Joined when I was younger and then just... stayed. Lol. [/quote] pretty much! i joined in late high school and now i'm nearing 30 - i've always been a gamer, but the style of this game was the only one which maintained my interest past couple-month long obsessions. the style of gameplay (collection, low-stakes/non-reflex based, creatures galore, and endless milestones) is something which is very hard to find otherwise. not to mention my living situations over this span of time has been...unstable to say the least. i've had to move maybe 7-8 times (mostly involuntarily), and this game has been a constant that has brought me immeasurable comfort.
Lamna wrote on 2023-04-07 08:11:51:
Joined when I was younger and then just... stayed. Lol.
pretty much! i joined in late high school and now i'm nearing 30 - i've always been a gamer, but the style of this game was the only one which maintained my interest past couple-month long obsessions. the style of gameplay (collection, low-stakes/non-reflex based, creatures galore, and endless milestones) is something which is very hard to find otherwise.

not to mention my living situations over this span of time has been...unstable to say the least. i've had to move maybe 7-8 times (mostly involuntarily), and this game has been a constant that has brought me immeasurable comfort.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
You kids get off my lawn!!! ;-)
You kids get off my lawn!!! ;-)
inverness_bonsai_wip_by_auricolor-dae2800.png
1 2 3 4 5