Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | melanie martinez?
1 2 3
im so happy her album's out... portals is absolutely incredible <3
does anyone else listen to her music?
im so happy her album's out... portals is absolutely incredible <3
does anyone else listen to her music?
74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png
I certainly haven't heard all her songs, but I do like the classics; Pity Party, Soap, Carousel, Crybaby, Dollhouse.. Can't remember more at the moment, but those are probably my favorites
I certainly haven't heard all her songs, but I do like the classics; Pity Party, Soap, Carousel, Crybaby, Dollhouse.. Can't remember more at the moment, but those are probably my favorites
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
[quote name="LightningPrince" date="2023-04-03 17:59:57" ] I certainly haven't heard all her songs, but I do like the classics; Pity Party, Soap, Carousel, Crybaby, Dollhouse.. Can't remember more at the moment, but those are probably my favorites [/quote] ohhh they're so good!! im sad she's gone out of the crybaby era but i do prefer the portals era sm more <3
LightningPrince wrote on 2023-04-03 17:59:57:
ohhh they're so good!! im sad she's gone out of the crybaby era but i do prefer the portals era sm more <3
74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png
oh man, i remember when she was on the voice. have always been a fan of her singing. i liked some of her older songs like pity party and crybaby but they started to feel kinda...samey? i didn't know she had a new album out, is it a different vibe?
oh man, i remember when she was on the voice. have always been a fan of her singing. i liked some of her older songs like pity party and crybaby but they started to feel kinda...samey? i didn't know she had a new album out, is it a different vibe?
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2023-04-03 18:49:28" ] oh man, i remember when she was on the voice. have always been a fan of her singing. i liked some of her older songs like pity party and crybaby but they started to feel kinda...samey? i didn't know she had a new album out, is it a different vibe? [/quote] yes it's a very different vibe, it's very ethereal, weirdcore, it's about the cycle of death and life and what resides in between. it discusses many topics, such as the rebirth of her career, insecurities, being more than just your body, losing yourself in fantasy, etc!!! it's an amazing album and is going to have a film to pair with it, just like k-12 <3 it's also about the reincarnation of crybaby! if u didnt know there's lore, crybaby is the main character that melanie plays in crybaby & k-12 its called portals btw
Kuroikumo wrote on 2023-04-03 18:49:28:
yes it's a very different vibe, it's very ethereal, weirdcore, it's about the cycle of death and life and what resides in between. it discusses many topics, such as the rebirth of her career, insecurities, being more than just your body, losing yourself in fantasy, etc!!! it's an amazing album and is going to have a film to pair with it, just like k-12 <3
it's also about the reincarnation of crybaby! if u didnt know there's lore, crybaby is the main character that melanie plays in crybaby & k-12
its called portals btw
overall eh feelings about portals. i liked a lot of her earlier works and a BUNCH of her unreleased songs, but so far portals rlly just isnt doing it for me. my favorite is light shower, the lyrics being absolutely wonderful to me. my favorite lines being

'I'm screamin' like a kettle on a stove
You cranked the heat up, I was cold
My past grew mold around my heart'

the first line metaphor is so cute, but i think the second line falls a bit flatter to the first. i still enjoy it though. the third one though is so cute and i love using mold to show something rotting.

for reasons why the album is kinda meh to me, honestly the lyrics just arent my favorite besides the ones from the song above. im really big on poetry and search for that in songs i listen to, but this album has a lot of cliches to me as well as just lyrics that i dont think are outstanding.

some of the melodies are really nice though! ive found myself liking a few of them, but unfortunately i havent really found any songs i love this album. i loved the old void leak so much, and also the unreleased song called garden, so im quite sad to see neither of them made it. the new void just doent hit as hard as the other one did </3
overall eh feelings about portals. i liked a lot of her earlier works and a BUNCH of her unreleased songs, but so far portals rlly just isnt doing it for me. my favorite is light shower, the lyrics being absolutely wonderful to me. my favorite lines being

the first line metaphor is so cute, but i think the second line falls a bit flatter to the first. i still enjoy it though. the third one though is so cute and i love using mold to show something rotting.

for reasons why the album is kinda meh to me, honestly the lyrics just arent my favorite besides the ones from the song above. im really big on poetry and search for that in songs i listen to, but this album has a lot of cliches to me as well as just lyrics that i dont think are outstanding.

some of the melodies are really nice though! ive found myself liking a few of them, but unfortunately i havent really found any songs i love this album. i loved the old void leak so much, and also the unreleased song called garden, so im quite sad to see neither of them made it. the new void just doent hit as hard as the other one did </3
UNFIivx.gif call me valley
xe/she fr+3 lair wip
wishlist, avatar, lf nests
[quote name="gardening" date="2023-04-03 23:23:29" ] overall eh feelings about portals. i liked a lot of her earlier works and a BUNCH of her unreleased songs, but so far portals rlly just isnt doing it for me. my favorite is light shower, the lyrics being absolutely wonderful to me. my favorite lines being 'I'm screamin' like a kettle on a stove You cranked the heat up, I was cold My past grew mold around my heart' the first line metaphor is so cute, but i think the second line falls a bit flatter to the first. i still enjoy it though. the third one though is so cute and i love using mold to show something rotting. for reasons why the album is kinda meh to me, honestly the lyrics just arent my favorite besides the ones from the song above. im really big on poetry and search for that in songs i listen to, but this album has a lot of cliches to me as well as just lyrics that i dont think are outstanding. some of the melodies are really nice though! ive found myself liking a few of them, but unfortunately i havent really found any songs i love this album. i loved the old void leak so much, and also the unreleased song called garden, so im quite sad to see neither of them made it. the new void just doent hit as hard as the other one did </3 [/quote] fair enough, i've seen very mixed opinions on portals!! it isn't for everyone i absolutely love those lines from light shower, the way melanie says "heart" and the slowness of the song makes it so vibey and fun to listen to
gardening wrote on 2023-04-03 23:23:29:

fair enough, i've seen very mixed opinions on portals!! it isn't for everyone
i absolutely love those lines from light shower, the way melanie says "heart" and the slowness of the song makes it so vibey and fun to listen to
oh yeah Mad Hatter is a favorite of mine too! I knew I was forgetting something

I'll have to listen to her new stuff someday, it sounds interesting from what I see here~
oh yeah Mad Hatter is a favorite of mine too! I knew I was forgetting something

I'll have to listen to her new stuff someday, it sounds interesting from what I see here~
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
Oh, a new album? I too was around for her classics, but I'll have to check these new songs out! Been a while since I listened to her anyway [emoji=new friend size=1]
Oh, a new album? I too was around for her classics, but I'll have to check these new songs out! Been a while since I listened to her anyway
smol_1.pngsmol_2.png
SkinArchiveArt YouTubeCommissionsPortfolioWatchful Statues SubspeciesFAQs
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
unknown.png
Vs2WmBF.png
J7D1quC.png
I loveeeee the new album! I personally adore the aesthetic change but I may be a bit biased cuz it's one of my fav aesthetics.
I love her voice and my first song was Dollhouse, which will forever be a personal fav too hehe :^)
I loveeeee the new album! I personally adore the aesthetic change but I may be a bit biased cuz it's one of my fav aesthetics.
I love her voice and my first song was Dollhouse, which will forever be a personal fav too hehe :^)
1 2 3