Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anyone play dnd?
1 2 3 4 5
update: our wild magic user just sent the bear to the astral plane. so that happened
update: our wild magic user just sent the bear to the astral plane. so that happened
I recently became a DM with no prior experience in DMing, or even playing D&D. I have 5 players, 3 of which are experienced D&D players who are tons of help to me. I've made it a part time job to become a competent DM under these circumstances, and have a weekly D&D 101 session with my most experienced player where I go to his apartment and he teaches me things and lets me ask question and we discuss my ideas.

It's been so much fun and has helped me stay social and manage my alcoholism a bit better so I've been loving it!

I've started my campaigning with the Dragon of Icespire Peak play through, which I've read is a big favorite. So far the crew is 2 ochre jellies deep.
I recently became a DM with no prior experience in DMing, or even playing D&D. I have 5 players, 3 of which are experienced D&D players who are tons of help to me. I've made it a part time job to become a competent DM under these circumstances, and have a weekly D&D 101 session with my most experienced player where I go to his apartment and he teaches me things and lets me ask question and we discuss my ideas.

It's been so much fun and has helped me stay social and manage my alcoholism a bit better so I've been loving it!

I've started my campaigning with the Dragon of Icespire Peak play through, which I've read is a big favorite. So far the crew is 2 ochre jellies deep.
18448795.png18448794.png18448797.png18448796.png18448798.png
Is this a dnd thread I see?????

*pulls out my halfling Warlock* This is Bria and she ended up being the one to roll the campaign's first death saves (on session 2 because squishy caster). I've somehow ended up playing her like a druid thanks to some nat 20s in Animal Handling. Currently the party is heading off to visit an old friend of hers due to some cryptic stuff her Patron told her, so this is going to be fun :D.
Is this a dnd thread I see?????

*pulls out my halfling Warlock* This is Bria and she ended up being the one to roll the campaign's first death saves (on session 2 because squishy caster). I've somehow ended up playing her like a druid thanks to some nat 20s in Animal Handling. Currently the party is heading off to visit an old friend of hers due to some cryptic stuff her Patron told her, so this is going to be fun :D.
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png
AAAAHHH!!!
I have a character with no name! [mainly cause i forgot to give them one]
They have incredible luck but is really really dumb
They managed to GUESS a 4 digit code that had trillions of combinations and resented every 5 minutes XD
here they r :]

edit:
I also became a paladin on accident for the goddes of luck, misfortune, and everything in between on accident
and I didnt know and languagees besides theives cant for awhile
I'm a teifling thief with dumb luck..
My brother has to DM for me and I feel so bad for him
Im also REALLY weak
8 in strength with a -1 for rolls :']
AAAAHHH!!!
I have a character with no name! [mainly cause i forgot to give them one]
They have incredible luck but is really really dumb
They managed to GUESS a 4 digit code that had trillions of combinations and resented every 5 minutes XD
here they r :]

edit:
I also became a paladin on accident for the goddes of luck, misfortune, and everything in between on accident
and I didnt know and languagees besides theives cant for awhile
I'm a teifling thief with dumb luck..
My brother has to DM for me and I feel so bad for him
Im also REALLY weak
8 in strength with a -1 for rolls :']
natureb1.png > SnekInAPumpkin
> Photographer, artist, and writer
> U can call me Max or Snek :):):):)
> Genderfluid and pansexual

> Art shop here~

nature.png image_1.png natureshade.png
I am DM in two games now (I'm trying to start a few more games hehe) and in one game I just kidnapped one of my players.
I am DM in two games now (I'm trying to start a few more games hehe) and in one game I just kidnapped one of my players.
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
in my first campaign, i played a wood elf ranger who ended up becoming pretty much invulerable lol
he ended up having an AC of 24, but if he was hit with multiattack, his AC would jump up to 29!
also, he ended up being able to attack up to 6 times every turn, with every attack dealing usually around 10-12 damage (and that's just ONE attack out of the SIX!)
long story short, i love dnd :)
in my first campaign, i played a wood elf ranger who ended up becoming pretty much invulerable lol
he ended up having an AC of 24, but if he was hit with multiattack, his AC would jump up to 29!
also, he ended up being able to attack up to 6 times every turn, with every attack dealing usually around 10-12 damage (and that's just ONE attack out of the SIX!)
long story short, i love dnd :)
J7D1quC.png
etYYz4O.png
9cjDdGL.png
I've been playing DnD since around 2014, but these days I tend to be the DM. I actually run a liveplay podcast through my university's radio station (which died due to covid unfortunately, but will be being brought back sometime this year, yay!).
I have a lot of characters, but the one I'm having the most fun with right now is a Wizard/Sorcerer who is in a relationship with a green dragon and is slowly turning evil. It's a fun concept to play.
I've been playing DnD since around 2014, but these days I tend to be the DM. I actually run a liveplay podcast through my university's radio station (which died due to covid unfortunately, but will be being brought back sometime this year, yay!).
I have a lot of characters, but the one I'm having the most fun with right now is a Wizard/Sorcerer who is in a relationship with a green dragon and is slowly turning evil. It's a fun concept to play.
L0edoWp.png
xx Ash
He/Him

nosy little bugger aren't you?
this
mUX6LmV.gif
1 2 3 4 5