Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | disabled and/or neuro-atypical chatroom!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Erro guys, I'm an aspie here with OCD, ptsd, ADD, severe anxiety, depression, audio/visual hypersensitivity and who knows what else.

I'm kind of being a house-bum right now (sticking to forum things and calling it a social life, whoops), and not doing anything particularly interesting. Had a nasty bout with college a few years ago and withdrew for above related reasons and haven't popped out of my hole since. Have it in mind to maybe take a whole day to try and motivate myself to trying to get out and do life and autonomy things, but the world is so terrifying. ><

Actually have an appointment tomorrow to go see a doctor and get my prescriptions renewed now that I have insurance and they're not going to try and rip me a 700 dollar bill for meds. Be nice to get a handle on my ADD at least.
Erro guys, I'm an aspie here with OCD, ptsd, ADD, severe anxiety, depression, audio/visual hypersensitivity and who knows what else.

I'm kind of being a house-bum right now (sticking to forum things and calling it a social life, whoops), and not doing anything particularly interesting. Had a nasty bout with college a few years ago and withdrew for above related reasons and haven't popped out of my hole since. Have it in mind to maybe take a whole day to try and motivate myself to trying to get out and do life and autonomy things, but the world is so terrifying. ><

Actually have an appointment tomorrow to go see a doctor and get my prescriptions renewed now that I have insurance and they're not going to try and rip me a 700 dollar bill for meds. Be nice to get a handle on my ADD at least.
I have pretty bad ADHD (it runs in the family for sure), mild-to-moderate anxiety, and depression, although I personally believe the depression is actually a symptom of my anxiety. I have agoraphobia, social anxiety, and definitely some misophonia (specifically with the buzzing sound made by flies) so I don't like going outside at all. As a result, I stay at home all day and don't exercise, which leads to feelings of depression and exhaustion. However, if I force myself to go outside, the depression goes away for the most part. The anxiety does not. ^_^;;

I really wish I COULD go outside more, though, you know? I actually love the outdoors, in a way. It's really beautiful and I am a curious person who likes to explore--I used to do it all the time when I was a child, before I had developed any of these issues. If it were just the agoraphobia, I might be able to deal with it, but the misophonia makes being outside incredibly stressful. It feels like I'm on a battlefield or something, constantly having to be on edge and thinking about whether or not there are flies nearby. If any of them buzz by me without me realizing they were there, it's horrible.
I have pretty bad ADHD (it runs in the family for sure), mild-to-moderate anxiety, and depression, although I personally believe the depression is actually a symptom of my anxiety. I have agoraphobia, social anxiety, and definitely some misophonia (specifically with the buzzing sound made by flies) so I don't like going outside at all. As a result, I stay at home all day and don't exercise, which leads to feelings of depression and exhaustion. However, if I force myself to go outside, the depression goes away for the most part. The anxiety does not. ^_^;;

I really wish I COULD go outside more, though, you know? I actually love the outdoors, in a way. It's really beautiful and I am a curious person who likes to explore--I used to do it all the time when I was a child, before I had developed any of these issues. If it were just the agoraphobia, I might be able to deal with it, but the misophonia makes being outside incredibly stressful. It feels like I'm on a battlefield or something, constantly having to be on edge and thinking about whether or not there are flies nearby. If any of them buzz by me without me realizing they were there, it's horrible.
I posted in this thread before, but since then I've seen my family doctor and I've started seeing a therapist. I have generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety, and depression. My GAD has really been taking over my life so we're working on that, and I'm still waiting to see if the meds I'm on are going to work. I know it's going to be a slow process, but anything is better than where I am now.
I posted in this thread before, but since then I've seen my family doctor and I've started seeing a therapist. I have generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety, and depression. My GAD has really been taking over my life so we're working on that, and I'm still waiting to see if the meds I'm on are going to work. I know it's going to be a slow process, but anything is better than where I am now.
I have autism, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and Bipolar NOS. Pretty much all of it runs in my family since my mom has anxiety and panic disorder, cousin has autism, other cousin has Bipolar disorder, and we're like 90% certain my dad is autistic (though he's undiagnosed).

Noooot exactly a fun combination, though.
I have autism, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and Bipolar NOS. Pretty much all of it runs in my family since my mom has anxiety and panic disorder, cousin has autism, other cousin has Bipolar disorder, and we're like 90% certain my dad is autistic (though he's undiagnosed).

Noooot exactly a fun combination, though.
You are a rainbow-colored egg that can become anything.
heyyy i'm diagnosed Asperger's which is now considered the same as high functioning autism since they took Asperger's out of the book.
heyyy i'm diagnosed Asperger's which is now considered the same as high functioning autism since they took Asperger's out of the book.
I have ADD and disthymia. I'm really lucky because the disthymia seems to take a break every other year. It's been about a year since my last onset, so I hope I can stave if off as long as possible, or even better, get over it completely.

The ADD on the other hand is ruining my life. The whole spaciness aspect is largely fixed by the medication I'm on, but it's the organizational bit that makes me terrified for the future. No matter what I try, I can't keep track of my responsibilities. Even if it's things like making lunch or doing laundry when I don't have any clean clothes left. And even on the off chance I remember a deadline, I physically cannot start something early. I've tried over and over and over again to stop procrastinating, but it just doesn't work. I can only focus long enough to get something done if there's an external pressure forcing me to do it, and in the absence of someone physically standing over my shoulder, the only thing that works is an approaching deadline.

I'm also on Concerta which suppresses my appetite to the point where I'm barely eating enough to stay alive, but I don't want to change to something different because it works perfectly otherwise and having only one side effect with ADD meds is incredibly rare. I've lost almost 20 pounds in the year I've been on this medication and I'm constantly exhausted, weak, and shaky. I get lots of compliments though, and although they can be an ego-booster, sometimes I just want to yell "YOU DON'T WANT THIS, TRUST ME."
I have ADD and disthymia. I'm really lucky because the disthymia seems to take a break every other year. It's been about a year since my last onset, so I hope I can stave if off as long as possible, or even better, get over it completely.

The ADD on the other hand is ruining my life. The whole spaciness aspect is largely fixed by the medication I'm on, but it's the organizational bit that makes me terrified for the future. No matter what I try, I can't keep track of my responsibilities. Even if it's things like making lunch or doing laundry when I don't have any clean clothes left. And even on the off chance I remember a deadline, I physically cannot start something early. I've tried over and over and over again to stop procrastinating, but it just doesn't work. I can only focus long enough to get something done if there's an external pressure forcing me to do it, and in the absence of someone physically standing over my shoulder, the only thing that works is an approaching deadline.

I'm also on Concerta which suppresses my appetite to the point where I'm barely eating enough to stay alive, but I don't want to change to something different because it works perfectly otherwise and having only one side effect with ADD meds is incredibly rare. I've lost almost 20 pounds in the year I've been on this medication and I'm constantly exhausted, weak, and shaky. I get lots of compliments though, and although they can be an ego-booster, sometimes I just want to yell "YOU DON'T WANT THIS, TRUST ME."
tumblr_inline_nitm4pYBdg1t8garv.pngazumarill.gifwater_banner.png
Honestly I'm feeling pretty lonely and hopeless mainly because of my disorders and how they've pretty much prevented me from having a more ideal life.
Honestly I'm feeling pretty lonely and hopeless mainly because of my disorders and how they've pretty much prevented me from having a more ideal life.
neokobypizza_squishy_icon_by_littaly-d7a4o9b.png *horrible dial up noises*
whoooo neurodivergency

I'm burdened with anxiety and on/off depression, but I've made a lot of progress on them recently. Depression runs in the family, although whether it's hereditary or abuse-related I couldn't tell you. I also deal with hallucinations fairly regularly - they've become more frequent lately for reasons I can't place, which is pretty unnerving, but there's a very strong stigma against getting help for mental health issues in my family so it's not something I can really attack yet. Largely it's tactile insect crawling things, the smell of cigarette smoke, or (particularly when I'm having an anxiety attack) music and voices just having random conversations.

I'm also investigating the possibility that I might be on the autism spectrum, although I scrape by for neurotypical-passing. I mean, I stim and stuff but I've come across plenty of people with anxiety disorders who have unusual habits when they're stressed. They're also frequently comorbid occurrences though, so I don't know. There's also the matter of childhood hyperlexia and my difficulty with social skills and so on... I don't know yet, I have to research it more.

Edit: Whoop, forgot to mention the dissociation. Pretty often I have the sense that either everything except me is imaginary, or I'm not actually real. Gets worse when there's nobody to talk to to confirm I can be heard/seen by other people. Yup :(

But yep, good to see other ND folk on here :D
whoooo neurodivergency

I'm burdened with anxiety and on/off depression, but I've made a lot of progress on them recently. Depression runs in the family, although whether it's hereditary or abuse-related I couldn't tell you. I also deal with hallucinations fairly regularly - they've become more frequent lately for reasons I can't place, which is pretty unnerving, but there's a very strong stigma against getting help for mental health issues in my family so it's not something I can really attack yet. Largely it's tactile insect crawling things, the smell of cigarette smoke, or (particularly when I'm having an anxiety attack) music and voices just having random conversations.

I'm also investigating the possibility that I might be on the autism spectrum, although I scrape by for neurotypical-passing. I mean, I stim and stuff but I've come across plenty of people with anxiety disorders who have unusual habits when they're stressed. They're also frequently comorbid occurrences though, so I don't know. There's also the matter of childhood hyperlexia and my difficulty with social skills and so on... I don't know yet, I have to research it more.

Edit: Whoop, forgot to mention the dissociation. Pretty often I have the sense that either everything except me is imaginary, or I'm not actually real. Gets worse when there's nobody to talk to to confirm I can be heard/seen by other people. Yup :(

But yep, good to see other ND folk on here :D
2WbApPz.png
has Brain Slime and sucks at being active
I have Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, OCD (I check things over and over again a lot, and used to have a handwashing problem), misophonia (certain sounds that people make that are considered normal are extremely irritating to me and can even make me feel sick).
I have Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, OCD (I check things over and over again a lot, and used to have a handwashing problem), misophonia (certain sounds that people make that are considered normal are extremely irritating to me and can even make me feel sick).
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
-sneaks in-

Hello! I have dysthymia, ADD, and social anxiety. I used to be on meds for it all as a teen (about 10 years ago) but I took myself off them and self-medicate as of about 3 years ago, which has actually done wonders. The only thing I miss about Adderall XR is that I lost a ton of weight on it, because I never wanted to eat, whereas this self medicating is munchies-inducing. XD
-sneaks in-

Hello! I have dysthymia, ADD, and social anxiety. I used to be on meds for it all as a teen (about 10 years ago) but I took myself off them and self-medicate as of about 3 years ago, which has actually done wonders. The only thing I miss about Adderall XR is that I lost a ton of weight on it, because I never wanted to eat, whereas this self medicating is munchies-inducing. XD
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13