Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Aether Dragons
1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135
This probably won't be seen, but I am so angry with Flight Rising for allowing people to buy up the breed change scrolls, and then resell them for extortionate rates. I'm sick of waiting up to an entire year for new dragon breeds ro slowly trickle into the public, because people just can't wait to rip off everyone else. This should be prevented in some way and it's just not.
This probably won't be seen, but I am so angry with Flight Rising for allowing people to buy up the breed change scrolls, and then resell them for extortionate rates. I'm sick of waiting up to an entire year for new dragon breeds ro slowly trickle into the public, because people just can't wait to rip off everyone else. This should be prevented in some way and it's just not.
pastel%20(14).png black2.gifblnk%20(33).gif
[quote name="cloudyaether" date="2023-03-29 09:16:49" ] This probably won't be seen, but I am so angry with Flight Rising for allowing people to buy up the breed change scrolls, and then resell them for extortionate rates. I'm sick of waiting up to an entire year for new dragon breeds ro slowly trickle into the public, because people just can't wait to rip off everyone else. This should be prevented in some way and it's just not. [/quote] The marketplace items are rerolling sooner or later, but during the last 3 days alone I've seen Aether scrolls available most of the time. It's certainly not impossible to get them, even if you're not online much. Worked the same way with Undertides. Even if you didn't got it right away because you couldn't afford, you can wait out the hype and overpriced auctions and get it later. These scrolls are accessible, but it doesn't mean they're super easy to get, and they shouldn't. We would end up with half of dragon's population being turned into Aethers, making them not so desirable, and practically resetting their genes rarity. It's part of the game, we're here for that.
cloudyaether wrote on 2023-03-29 09:16:49:

The marketplace items are rerolling sooner or later, but during the last 3 days alone I've seen Aether scrolls available most of the time. It's certainly not impossible to get them, even if you're not online much. Worked the same way with Undertides. Even if you didn't got it right away because you couldn't afford, you can wait out the hype and overpriced auctions and get it later.
These scrolls are accessible, but it doesn't mean they're super easy to get, and they shouldn't. We would end up with half of dragon's population being turned into Aethers, making them not so desirable, and practically resetting their genes rarity. It's part of the game, we're here for that.
gVgFNCo.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdviAEBO1qlye38.gif
I feel like, if for no other breeds, we should be able to use numerals in our Aether dragons' names! If canonically one is named xXxDarkStarxXx, I'd love to be able to use one of the ~edgy~ screen names I had in the early 00s (replacing the letter O with 0, A with 4, etc)!
I feel like, if for no other breeds, we should be able to use numerals in our Aether dragons' names! If canonically one is named xXxDarkStarxXx, I'd love to be able to use one of the ~edgy~ screen names I had in the early 00s (replacing the letter O with 0, A with 4, etc)!
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
How big are Aether Dragons? I've been very curious about the sizes of the enw dragons (obelisks, abbies, Underrides, Aether) compared to the originals.
How big are Aether Dragons? I've been very curious about the sizes of the enw dragons (obelisks, abbies, Underrides, Aether) compared to the originals.
[quote name="FuzzyMaro" date="2023-03-28 09:03:25" ] I absolutely love their design, they are amaziiingggg!!! I don't want to sound like im complaining, im just wondering, why only acient species appear recently? [/quote] This is because ancients can't wear apparel like modern breeds do, thus having an [i]EXTREMELY[/i] lower amount of work required to create them. There's a lot of apparel in the game now and that number's always getting higher, and each piece of apparel needs unique artwork for each breed in both poses. Sadly this means new modern breeds have to be more of a once-every-couple-of-years-maybe occurrence, otherwise the artists would be very overworked.
FuzzyMaro wrote on 2023-03-28 09:03:25:
I absolutely love their design, they are amaziiingggg!!!
I don't want to sound like im complaining, im just wondering, why only acient species appear recently?

This is because ancients can't wear apparel like modern breeds do, thus having an EXTREMELY lower amount of work required to create them. There's a lot of apparel in the game now and that number's always getting higher, and each piece of apparel needs unique artwork for each breed in both poses. Sadly this means new modern breeds have to be more of a once-every-couple-of-years-maybe occurrence, otherwise the artists would be very overworked.
61261722_Dbz0E3y8ordnBWj.png fenrir/vash

he/they/xe/it

fr+2

trading OCs here!
CUTE ARCANE ANCIENT!!! EEEEEEE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! [emoji=aether star size=2]
CUTE ARCANE ANCIENT!!! EEEEEEE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
Cool, so glad as a player since 2016 that due to the new gift system if im busy dealing with deaths and life I dint get the Item, meanwhile scammers with multi accounts have sets on sets. Super cool how this is still a thing.......
Cool, so glad as a player since 2016 that due to the new gift system if im busy dealing with deaths and life I dint get the Item, meanwhile scammers with multi accounts have sets on sets. Super cool how this is still a thing.......
pSqt2he.pngYjsuzHO.pnglvnVULi.pngZwwIRzh.png
I got 2 eggs !

They are so freaking cute !
I would have loved to have a male and a female but I had two males which is still really great!

Thank you so much for your work, !

Have a great day y’all, take care !
I got 2 eggs !

They are so freaking cute !
I would have loved to have a male and a female but I had two males which is still really great!

Thank you so much for your work, !

Have a great day y’all, take care !
Very unique and cool :)
Very unique and cool :)
-Constellation
the new timed gift collection thing is punishing and doesn't make returning people feel good at all
the new timed gift collection thing is punishing and doesn't make returning people feel good at all
lHdQ8WC.gif HzkvPmQ.gif IBHaGUE.gif HzkvPmQ.gif lHdQ8WC.gif
1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135