Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mandela effect moment
1 2 3
So, today I learned that Flaunt and Flair are treasure genes not gem? I have spent [i]years[/i] telling myself that they were gem genes. Years of writing them off in projects (though they're two of my favourite genes) because "they'll be too expensive". Years of waiting for appropriate dragons that already had them to turn up in the AH because I thought it would take me ages to save the gems to buy them. Years of writing them down at gem-gene prices while calculating my expenses. And they've been treasure genes this whole time? Since 2021?? Like, just to be clear, nothing changed right? There was no point at which they were or were going to be gem genes (I highly doubt FR would make that change mid-way through their existence) because I feel like I'm losing my mind. I could've sworn I've looked it up before and they were at gem gene prices. I genuinely feel like I've stepped into an alternative universe where the sole difference is that Flaunt and Flair are not actually gem genes. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/92d9a5d8e4d53e499841109f5cc2c15e/a57fd69c54d8e7f2-e4/s540x810/2bb99960abd535f0cb312b42b2df39e0fc20d780.png[/img][/center]
So, today I learned that Flaunt and Flair are treasure genes not gem?

I have spent years telling myself that they were gem genes. Years of writing them off in projects (though they're two of my favourite genes) because "they'll be too expensive". Years of waiting for appropriate dragons that already had them to turn up in the AH because I thought it would take me ages to save the gems to buy them. Years of writing them down at gem-gene prices while calculating my expenses.

And they've been treasure genes this whole time? Since 2021??

Like, just to be clear, nothing changed right? There was no point at which they were or were going to be gem genes (I highly doubt FR would make that change mid-way through their existence) because I feel like I'm losing my mind. I could've sworn I've looked it up before and they were at gem gene prices. I genuinely feel like I've stepped into an alternative universe where the sole difference is that Flaunt and Flair are not actually gem genes.
2bb99960abd535f0cb312b42b2df39e0fc20d780.png
J3t0n4O.png
They've always been treasure genes! They sure are sparkly like gem genes, though. Makes me very happy every time I go to use one for a project and it's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg :)
They've always been treasure genes! They sure are sparkly like gem genes, though. Makes me very happy every time I go to use one for a project and it's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg :)
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Oh gosh shdhsdhsd but yep, pretty sure they've always been treasure genes! :0 Funnily enough I experienced something very similar the other day because apparently lionfish/noxtide as treasure genes and not baldwin genes???????? So you aren't alone with realizing a gene is obtained differently than you thought dshhsdhds x']
Oh gosh shdhsdhsd but yep, pretty sure they've always been treasure genes! :0 Funnily enough I experienced something very similar the other day because apparently lionfish/noxtide as treasure genes and not baldwin genes???????? So you aren't alone with realizing a gene is obtained differently than you thought dshhsdhds x']
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
I still feel like Flaunt/Flair are new T_T
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@sedge122 okay at least I'm not the only one!! I just discovered it because I decided to splurge and complete a project Aether but when I went to the gem marketplace the search wasn't turning anything up. Was convinced I'd found a bug for a moment! But nope, just 2 years of being completely wrong about the payment method
@sedge122 okay at least I'm not the only one!! I just discovered it because I decided to splurge and complete a project Aether but when I went to the gem marketplace the search wasn't turning anything up. Was convinced I'd found a bug for a moment! But nope, just 2 years of being completely wrong about the payment method
J3t0n4O.png
[quote name="MaplesHaiku" date="2023-03-26 06:30:41" ] I still feel like Flaunt/Flair are new T_T [/quote] Same, has it really been years?
MaplesHaiku wrote on 2023-03-26 06:30:41:
Same, has it really been years?
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
Them being treasure genes was like the big draw, people were going wild because they were as awesome and beautiful as gem genes like star/con. Definitely been treasure genes the whole time lol. Its awesome right?
Them being treasure genes was like the big draw, people were going wild because they were as awesome and beautiful as gem genes like star/con. Definitely been treasure genes the whole time lol. Its awesome right?
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
Yup, always treasure genes, and I'm glad too cause I'm OBSESSED with them!
Yup, always treasure genes, and I'm glad too cause I'm OBSESSED with them!
What do you mean flaunt/flair came out in 2021
What do you mean flaunt/flair came out in 2021
akueye3.png
ur probably thinking of starmap/constellation
ur probably thinking of starmap/constellation
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
1 2 3