Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Merge all gene scrolls - hear me out
1 2
I was thinking of merging all ancient genes but certainly not with the modern!
So gene - modern would be one type, gene - ancient would be the second type.

Ancient genes should also be able to pass between Ancient breeds upon breed change from ancient to another ancient,
if the gene is breed-unique or the target Ancient breed doesn't have a paralell of the given one (yet), THEN and ONLY then it should get lost to Basic,

With this implemented, ancient breeds would be even able to work in interspecies breeding - by following the same logic: when the other breed doesn't have a pararelll to gene X then it counts as Basic during interracial breeding.

Ancient breeds are pain to make because of loosing 100% of genes no matter what breed it was prior breed change to ancient, their current somewhat lower prices don't feel like compensating this... ^^;

Ancient genes should also be able to pass between Ancient breeds upon breed change from ancient to another ancient,
if the gene is breed-unique or the target Ancient breed doesn't have a paralell of the given one (yet), THEN and ONLY then it should get lost to Basic,

With this implemented, ancient breeds would be even able to work in interspecies breeding - by following the same logic: when the other breed doesn't have a pararelll to gene X then it counts as Basic during interracial breeding.

Ancient breeds are pain to make because of loosing 100% of genes no matter what breed it was prior breed change to ancient, their current somewhat lower prices don't feel like compensating this... ^^;
18qkmim.png
Aryena&BillieXNtD94z.png
0uVMYap.png
FR_mid_column_sig.png
Hfp00Bl.pngfdUVIfW.pngQUIpVFE.pngUMevL3r.png
bYt72YT.pngtqGkHih.pngDa1cz0f.pngOBrKa68.png
Simply gave EVERY item unique name!
I see no any problem with searching any genes but moderns! (Caus on AH they sinked between ancients and we have no any option to sort them out! Just add "modern" to modern genes.
I see no any problem with searching any genes but moderns! (Caus on AH they sinked between ancients and we have no any option to sort them out! Just add "modern" to modern genes.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="VixenDra" date="2023-03-22 13:52:26" ] I was thinking of merging all ancient genes but certainly not with the modern! So gene - modern would be one type, gene - ancient would be the second type. Ancient genes should also be able to pass between Ancient breeds upon breed change from ancient to another ancient, if the gene is breed-unique or the target Ancient breed doesn't have a paralell of the given one (yet), THEN and ONLY then it should get lost to Basic, With this implemented, ancient breeds would be even able to work in interspecies breeding - by following the same logic: when the other breed doesn't have a pararelll to gene X then it counts as Basic during interracial breeding. Ancient breeds are pain to make because of loosing 100% of genes no matter what breed it was prior breed change to ancient, their current somewhat lower prices don't feel like compensating this... ^^; [/quote] I totally agree with changing the part where you lose genes when breed changing ancients & them being able to cross breed with other ancients or moderns! That would be so cool!
VixenDra wrote on 2023-03-22 13:52:26:

I totally agree with changing the part where you lose genes when breed changing ancients & them being able to cross breed with other ancients or moderns! That would be so cool!
Hawkeyyee_FR_bounce.gif
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-03-22 13:58:03" ] Simply gave EVERY item unique name! I see no any problem with searching any genes but moderns! (Caus on AH they sinked between ancients and we have no any option to sort them out! Just add "modern" to modern genes. [/quote] Honestly, if nothing else changes, I would be happy with at least this change! Something needs to be done for sure! & It looks like they are wanting to possibly go even further with cleaning up how we search for genes AND how they present & store data, so I'm hoping we'll get a little more than them just changing modern genes to have the tag modern in them when on AH.
Alkhor wrote on 2023-03-22 13:58:03:
Honestly, if nothing else changes, I would be happy with at least this change! Something needs to be done for sure! & It looks like they are wanting to possibly go even further with cleaning up how we search for genes AND how they present & store data, so I'm hoping we'll get a little more than them just changing modern genes to have the tag modern in them when on AH.
Hawkeyyee_FR_bounce.gif
[quote name="VixenDra" date="2023-03-22 13:52:26" ] I was thinking of merging all ancient genes but certainly not with the modern! So gene - modern would be one type, gene - ancient would be the second type. Ancient genes should also be able to pass between Ancient breeds upon breed change from ancient to another ancient, if the gene is breed-unique or the target Ancient breed doesn't have a paralell of the given one (yet), THEN and ONLY then it should get lost to Basic, With this implemented, ancient breeds would be even able to work in interspecies breeding - by following the same logic: when the other breed doesn't have a pararelll to gene X then it counts as Basic during interracial breeding. Ancient breeds are pain to make because of loosing 100% of genes no matter what breed it was prior breed change to ancient, their current somewhat lower prices don't feel like compensating this... ^^; [/quote] support for this
VixenDra wrote on 2023-03-22 13:52:26:

support for this
Toxas
Age 30+
Nonbinary AroAce
Fae/Faer Pronouns
+3 FR Time
I have ADHD.
Queer pride!
Autistic pride!
KT6uxx1.png

I subscribe to all of
my threads, you do
not need to ping me!
KT6uxx1.png 4PsCADg.png
6nn1D9N.png
sA2C1Ma.png
GLDFv6t.png
NZ9teu3.png
[quote name="Piratewolfie" date="2023-03-22 11:02:18" ] What I was personally thinking of (in consideration of the price differences) is something like this: -One scroll for all modern breeds -One scroll for all ancient breeds -One Breed-specific scroll for genes that are unique to that breed. Since the parallel genes are not necessarily applicable to every single ancient breed, I figured this could be resolved by simply adding that info in the little box you get when you hover over an item. (So if you hover over the item, it could say some additional line genre "Applicable to: -breed 1-, -breed 2-, ..." [/quote] ^This is what I came here to say. Consolidating modern/ancient genes into one doesn't work because of the price differential but the current system of having the same gene be separate across different ancients is making it harder and harder to buy genes and that's only going to get more difficult as more breeds/genes are released. So if a gene is shared by multiple ancients, it should be consolidated into, say, "Starmap - Ancient" instead of "Starmap - Veilspun" and "Starmap - Aether", etc.
Piratewolfie wrote on 2023-03-22 11:02:18:
What I was personally thinking of (in consideration of the price differences) is something like this:
-One scroll for all modern breeds
-One scroll for all ancient breeds
-One Breed-specific scroll for genes that are unique to that breed.

Since the parallel genes are not necessarily applicable to every single ancient breed, I figured this could be resolved by simply adding that info in the little box you get when you hover over an item. (So if you hover over the item, it could say some additional line genre "Applicable to: -breed 1-, -breed 2-, ..."

^This is what I came here to say. Consolidating modern/ancient genes into one doesn't work because of the price differential but the current system of having the same gene be separate across different ancients is making it harder and harder to buy genes and that's only going to get more difficult as more breeds/genes are released. So if a gene is shared by multiple ancients, it should be consolidated into, say, "Starmap - Ancient" instead of "Starmap - Veilspun" and "Starmap - Aether", etc.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
def support 1 modern scroll and 1 ancient scroll! i'm not a professional by any means but i made a quick mockup of what i think it would look like if they were merged (with a name change of the base gene to "[type] Gene: [gene] (Modern)", but not having a modern indicator is fine too if they don't wanna break bbcode embeds) [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/990515627833839639/1088352608521048084/image.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/990515627833839639/1088357019636998164/image.png[/img][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/990515627833839639/1088357019930591313/image.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/990515627833839639/1088381340644290560/image.png[/img][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/990515627833839639/1088382917807460392/image.png[/img] also in terms of swapping genes, this could make geneing ancients less of a hassle as swapping between two ancients with compatible genes could keep the genes that both breeds have and any genes that aren't compatible can still be reset to basic. switching from a modern to an ancient and vice versa should probably still reset all genes to basic bc they are different items with a price difference. not sure about breeding, i think it's prob best that only ancients can breed with others of the same species (or maybe even other ancients but not moderns) bc idk how hard it would be to implement the sort of compatibilty checks into the breeding system [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/990515627833839639/1088385244626960425/image.png[/img]
def support 1 modern scroll and 1 ancient scroll!
i'm not a professional by any means but i made a quick mockup of what i think it would look like if they were merged (with a name change of the base gene to "[type] Gene: [gene] (Modern)", but not having a modern indicator is fine too if they don't wanna break bbcode embeds)

image.png
image.pngimage.png
image.pngimage.png

also in terms of swapping genes, this could make geneing ancients less of a hassle as swapping between two ancients with compatible genes could keep the genes that both breeds have and any genes that aren't compatible can still be reset to basic. switching from a modern to an ancient and vice versa should probably still reset all genes to basic bc they are different items with a price difference. not sure about breeding, i think it's prob best that only ancients can breed with others of the same species (or maybe even other ancients but not moderns) bc idk how hard it would be to implement the sort of compatibilty checks into the breeding system

image.png
shira // any pronouns // // +3 FR time
kirby.gif
1 2