Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If you could change 1 thing abt FR lore
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i understand why fr has to be careful about things like wounds and stuff but it's honestly really sad that the plague flight gets shafted so often because of this
the lore could be Really Really cool but alas. no dragons can get a paper cut anymore /lh
i understand why fr has to be careful about things like wounds and stuff but it's honestly really sad that the plague flight gets shafted so often because of this
the lore could be Really Really cool but alas. no dragons can get a paper cut anymore /lh
[quote name="Talonmaster" date="2023-03-11 18:40:36" ] Fae monotone thing because I always forget about that and it makes it so damn hard to draw without them looking dead [/quote] [quote name="Wisprune" date="2023-03-15 19:55:38" ] This might be an unpopular one, but I'd make the size differences a lot less ridiculous! Like sure, variety is nice. But I don't think my Pearlcatcher should be being trampled by my Imp. Maybe the super big sizes should be headcannoned by the player? idk. (Edit: Just looked through the thread some more, maybe a more popular idea than I thought) [/quote]
Talonmaster wrote on 2023-03-11 18:40:36:
Fae monotone thing because I always forget about that and it makes it so damn hard to draw without them looking dead
Wisprune wrote on 2023-03-15 19:55:38:
This might be an unpopular one, but I'd make the size differences a lot less ridiculous! Like sure, variety is nice. But I don't think my Pearlcatcher should be being trampled by my Imp. Maybe the super big sizes should be headcannoned by the player? idk. (Edit: Just looked through the thread some more, maybe a more popular idea than I thought)
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
as a forever plague resident i don't mind it that much, a lot of the riot of rot skins are pretty gruesome on their own and represent the flight well without being overly graphic and some of them do kinda push the boundaries, which i like :) i feel pretty content with it tbh but i really wish lore wise they got some more attention
as a forever plague resident i don't mind it that much, a lot of the riot of rot skins are pretty gruesome on their own and represent the flight well without being overly graphic and some of them do kinda push the boundaries, which i like :) i feel pretty content with it tbh but i really wish lore wise they got some more attention
ZwMTIV6.png
+3 fr time. please ping if responding. pfp dragon
Yeah I don't really like the set personalities and traits of each dragon species, (pearlcatchers and tundras for example). I think that should be different for each individual dragon.

Also I hate the size difference thing, because how do they all live in the same "lair" without a larger dragon like accidentally squashing a smaller dude. Also this is weird for breeding reasons but uueeeeii
Yeah I don't really like the set personalities and traits of each dragon species, (pearlcatchers and tundras for example). I think that should be different for each individual dragon.

Also I hate the size difference thing, because how do they all live in the same "lair" without a larger dragon like accidentally squashing a smaller dude. Also this is weird for breeding reasons but uueeeeii
abooh
I'd mitigate the overall scale discrepancy between dragon breeds, making them far closer in size and averaging it out so the smallest are a little smaller than current medium sized breeds, and the largest are a little larger than the medium sized breeds.

Imagining dragon society's infrastructure becomes a headache with the huge gap in scale between the largest and smallest dragons. This discrepancy would have a massive impact on how they build and plan multi-breed homes and community structures, as well as the overall production of apparel and other trade goods. For the smallest breeds, even just the act of transporting products sized for the largest breeds would be a big undertaking.

Yet this is never addressed in lore or gameplay. X'D
I'd mitigate the overall scale discrepancy between dragon breeds, making them far closer in size and averaging it out so the smallest are a little smaller than current medium sized breeds, and the largest are a little larger than the medium sized breeds.

Imagining dragon society's infrastructure becomes a headache with the huge gap in scale between the largest and smallest dragons. This discrepancy would have a massive impact on how they build and plan multi-breed homes and community structures, as well as the overall production of apparel and other trade goods. For the smallest breeds, even just the act of transporting products sized for the largest breeds would be a big undertaking.

Yet this is never addressed in lore or gameplay. X'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
May be a weird thing to say, but I would add dragon aliens. Alien dragons? You get the gist of it. Other planets, or maybe parallel worlds with semi-limited travel between them and Sornieth. Just imagine the possibilities.
May be a weird thing to say, but I would add dragon aliens. Alien dragons? You get the gist of it. Other planets, or maybe parallel worlds with semi-limited travel between them and Sornieth. Just imagine the possibilities.
.....uQzj9nj.png....... .. .......
He/Him
+10 FR time

Badges
..... ......uQzj9nj.png
[quote name="Resolve" date="2023-03-18 13:01:32" ] May be a weird thing to say, but I would add dragon aliens. Alien dragons? You get the gist of it. Other planets, or maybe parallel worlds with semi-limited travel between them and Sornieth. Just imagine the possibilities. [/quote] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/399804906619535362/1087454036262932571/cfc.jpg[/img] -- Anyways, yeah, I'd change the sizes too. Like to me, imps are only slightly bigger than guardians and ridges. Everything else (skys, pearls, bogs, veils etc) is slightly smaller than imps, guards and ridges but all roughly the same size as eachother. Faes are the smallest but not speck level small compared to imps. They can still see eachother just fine.
Resolve wrote on 2023-03-18 13:01:32:

cfc.jpg

--
Anyways, yeah, I'd change the sizes too. Like to me, imps are only slightly bigger than guardians and ridges. Everything else (skys, pearls, bogs, veils etc) is slightly smaller than imps, guards and ridges but all roughly the same size as eachother. Faes are the smallest but not speck level small compared to imps. They can still see eachother just fine.
9d21b9f3b3688b826fe1b99c787d3f75d8ae1a82.png
[quote name="mariss" date="2023-03-10 11:27:07" ] veilspun size! they don't look like little guys! [/quote] Exactly. I actually though they were big for a while before i saw their true size range. (although it's kind of understandable bc not everything has to [i]look[/i] small and instead just be...small.)
mariss wrote on 2023-03-10 11:27:07:
veilspun size! they don't look like little guys!
Exactly. I actually though they were big for a while before i saw their true size range. (although it's kind of understandable bc not everything has to look small and instead just be...small.)
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
[quote name="Strangeflesh" date="2023-03-10 10:19:12" ] As you said, the hardwired personities are kind of dumb, and I’d also make the gods explicitly evil/morally grey. That would make more sense plus it would be cool an edgy [/quote] Well, perhaps not make [i]all[/i] of them sinister or actively evil, but instead some of them having done more sketchy things than they would admit, I.e. the Lightweaver and the Imps, i imagine the Imps were a sort of "experiment" with unintended consequences (the Emperors), and that the Lightweaver holds a deep shame over their "Failiure"; i think it would make her a bit more complex of a character, and i like characters that are a bit complex if done right. I also imagine that maybe, [i]just maybe[/i] that the Plaguebringer has a tiny part of herself that is not all just "kill the weak" and secretly cares about her creations more than she would ever admit. I also think the Gladekeeper is more sinister than what she appears to be (nature in real life can be [i]brutal[/i], even the plants.) There is also the intresting fact of switching flights; why doesn't the god we previously served under try to stop us from leaving and joining their enemy (outside of gameplay reasons)? Well, this may sound very, [i]very[/i] cheesy, but i believe, in varying amounts, from obvious to not, that the gods [i]love[/i] their creations, and....they don't want to see them upset so.....if it makes them happy.....so be it. They can leave, it's not their business (usually) to interfere with the choices and lives of their creations, even if it does somewhat harm them in the future. They'll never say this. They'll never admit the reason they don't stop us. But, for most of the time, they'll let their children leave, if they feel like they belong somewhere else.
Strangeflesh wrote on 2023-03-10 10:19:12:
As you said, the hardwired personities are kind of dumb, and I’d also make the gods explicitly evil/morally grey. That would make more sense plus it would be cool an edgy

Well, perhaps not make all of them sinister or actively evil, but instead some of them having done more sketchy things than they would admit, I.e. the Lightweaver and the Imps, i imagine the Imps were a sort of "experiment" with unintended consequences (the Emperors), and that the Lightweaver holds a deep shame over their "Failiure"; i think it would make her a bit more complex of a character, and i like characters that are a bit complex if done right. I also imagine that maybe, just maybe that the Plaguebringer has a tiny part of herself that is not all just "kill the weak" and secretly cares about her creations more than she would ever admit. I also think the Gladekeeper is more sinister than what she appears to be (nature in real life can be brutal, even the plants.)

There is also the intresting fact of switching flights; why doesn't the god we previously served under try to stop us from leaving and joining their enemy (outside of gameplay reasons)?

Well, this may sound very, very cheesy, but i believe, in varying amounts, from obvious to not, that the gods love their creations, and....they don't want to see them upset so.....if it makes them happy.....so be it. They can leave, it's not their business (usually) to interfere with the choices and lives of their creations, even if it does somewhat harm them in the future.

They'll never say this. They'll never admit the reason they don't stop us. But, for most of the time, they'll let their children leave, if they feel like they belong somewhere else.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8