Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | worst endings to good media
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The Netflix series YOU. Finished the second half of the new season over the weekend and I was just kinda like... "Okay, I guess this is fine?"
It all just felt so lackluster. I'd say personally this season was the weakest out of them all, and it had so many different characters and plot threads it really didn't do Joe and the main theme much justice.
While watching it I turned to my partner and said "I swear if this is all some hallucination or "battling your own demons" trope I"m gonna be ******. THE VERY NEXT SCENE was when Rhys revealed he is all in Joe's head as his "evil" part of him he's been denying. I did a full body flop of disappointment and couldn't find it in me to care for the rest of the show. I did finish it, but felt like it was an overall waste of time.

I really hope the show is done for good. And they better not pull a Dexter in a few years and have some kind of mini series where Joe meets his son and navigates that relationship. Please, just no.
The Netflix series YOU. Finished the second half of the new season over the weekend and I was just kinda like... "Okay, I guess this is fine?"
It all just felt so lackluster. I'd say personally this season was the weakest out of them all, and it had so many different characters and plot threads it really didn't do Joe and the main theme much justice.
While watching it I turned to my partner and said "I swear if this is all some hallucination or "battling your own demons" trope I"m gonna be ******. THE VERY NEXT SCENE was when Rhys revealed he is all in Joe's head as his "evil" part of him he's been denying. I did a full body flop of disappointment and couldn't find it in me to care for the rest of the show. I did finish it, but felt like it was an overall waste of time.

I really hope the show is done for good. And they better not pull a Dexter in a few years and have some kind of mini series where Joe meets his son and navigates that relationship. Please, just no.
PVtiMwp.pngFRT+3 PVtiMwp.pngShe/They PVtiMwp.pngPing Me
P3v4egs.gif
Have you seen The Yellow Sign?
TWD - went downhill season five crew was BEST.

if u haven't watched it's been out for like a million years but spoil of season eight :
SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED CARL
they literally killed him cus they didn't want to pay his actor adult pay
TWD - went downhill season five crew was BEST.

if u haven't watched it's been out for like a million years but spoil of season eight :
SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED CARL
they literally killed him cus they didn't want to pay his actor adult pay
woomp

i have an art store click on my profile and look at my recent forums :3
[quote name="FatherJealous" date="2023-03-12 18:46:09" ] Dunno how many folks will have reference for this, but there's this book called The Deep that (while I was reading it) I thought was utterly incredible. And then it gets to the ending... And it ruins it! So the general gist of the story is that it's a Cosmic horror book about what basically is explained as Worse Alzheimer's wreaking havoc on the entirety of humanity. And then there's a break and 6 miles under the ocean they find a supposed cure and that's where we join our narrator. On his long trip under the ocean. It's gripping and terrifying. The prose is stunning and there's moments that evoke such strong imagery that it was utterly mesmerizing to me. AND THEN THE ENDING. [spoiler]Our main character eventually descends into a liminal space where he meets the "gods" of this universe. That basically amount to two "dudes" that tell him everything happening has pretty much just been a big cosmic joke they decided to pull after observing his life. BUT LIKE. The whole point of cosmic horror is that the gods are so beyond our understanding they don't even perceive humans as a concept. So you get through all this beautiful imagery and spookiness and get to the outcome of, basically, "it's just a prank bro".[/spoiler] I read this book three years ago and it still infuriates me. [/quote] I'm infuriated just by reading your post about it, wow. That is [i]awful[/i].
FatherJealous wrote on 2023-03-12 18:46:09:
Dunno how many folks will have reference for this, but there's this book called The Deep that (while I was reading it) I thought was utterly incredible.

And then it gets to the ending...

And it ruins it!

So the general gist of the story is that it's a Cosmic horror book about what basically is explained as Worse Alzheimer's wreaking havoc on the entirety of humanity.
And then there's a break and 6 miles under the ocean they find a supposed cure and that's where we join our narrator. On his long trip under the ocean.

It's gripping and terrifying.
The prose is stunning and there's moments that evoke such strong imagery that it was utterly mesmerizing to me.

AND THEN THE ENDING.

Our main character eventually descends into a liminal space where he meets the "gods" of this universe. That basically amount to two "dudes" that tell him everything happening has pretty much just been a big cosmic joke they decided to pull after observing his life. BUT LIKE. The whole point of cosmic horror is that the gods are so beyond our understanding they don't even perceive humans as a concept. So you get through all this beautiful imagery and spookiness and get to the outcome of, basically, "it's just a prank bro".

I read this book three years ago and it still infuriates me.
I'm infuriated just by reading your post about it, wow. That is awful.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
also i want to mention all the wrong questions

why didn't lemony... y'know... explain himself to anyone? yeah ellie's reaction makes sense but he can't explain himself to moxie? like 'hey this is literally hangfire, he tried to kill us several times, hes not just ellie's dad'? HOW DOES HE GET BACK INTO VFD BY THE TIME OLAF'S DAD DIES, CONSIDERING HE WENT AGAINST EVERYTHING THEY TOLD HIM TO DO???? I know ASOUE is known for its questions but the fact that we never get clarification really makes me annoyed. I hope all the wrong questions gets a TV series like ASOUE did because I love that show with all my heart
also i want to mention all the wrong questions

why didn't lemony... y'know... explain himself to anyone? yeah ellie's reaction makes sense but he can't explain himself to moxie? like 'hey this is literally hangfire, he tried to kill us several times, hes not just ellie's dad'? HOW DOES HE GET BACK INTO VFD BY THE TIME OLAF'S DAD DIES, CONSIDERING HE WENT AGAINST EVERYTHING THEY TOLD HIM TO DO???? I know ASOUE is known for its questions but the fact that we never get clarification really makes me annoyed. I hope all the wrong questions gets a TV series like ASOUE did because I love that show with all my heart
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
i will forever be bitter about solo leveling's ending. so much potential and world building that felt thrown to the side for? no reason?? it goes downhill after the ant arc

there is No reason for why jinwoo needed to turn back time. it felt like it was just devaluing all the actual impacts of the deaths/injuries of the characters just for a quick and easy redo. and then afterwards they're implied to just??? get memories of the original timeline anyway?? it's so bad. it makes me so mad. aside from that, the pacing was always hit or miss.

i haven't finished the novel's extra webnovel yet (i'm in the home stretch of the last like. 50 chapters or so though!) but the way it's going...

my biggest pet peeve is when female characters all simultaneously develop crushes on the male mc with absolutely No Buildup for no reason other than a "will-they-won't-they" harem situation. it destroys the female characters autonomy and worth as characters bc they become nothing more than wish-fulfillment bait and half the time they get pushed to the side for no reason! anyway. i feel like i'm only finishing it because of sunk cost fallacy (10k pages in!) and to see the inevitable reveal of the whole "hey i'm the author and your entire existence was in a book i created lol!"

i will forever be bitter about solo leveling's ending. so much potential and world building that felt thrown to the side for? no reason?? it goes downhill after the ant arc

there is No reason for why jinwoo needed to turn back time. it felt like it was just devaluing all the actual impacts of the deaths/injuries of the characters just for a quick and easy redo. and then afterwards they're implied to just??? get memories of the original timeline anyway?? it's so bad. it makes me so mad. aside from that, the pacing was always hit or miss.

i haven't finished the novel's extra webnovel yet (i'm in the home stretch of the last like. 50 chapters or so though!) but the way it's going...

my biggest pet peeve is when female characters all simultaneously develop crushes on the male mc with absolutely No Buildup for no reason other than a "will-they-won't-they" harem situation. it destroys the female characters autonomy and worth as characters bc they become nothing more than wish-fulfillment bait and half the time they get pushed to the side for no reason! anyway. i feel like i'm only finishing it because of sunk cost fallacy (10k pages in!) and to see the inevitable reveal of the whole "hey i'm the author and your entire existence was in a book i created lol!"

Uq1cq4S.png
already mentioned in the first page of this thread but. voltron legendary defender. yeah.
already mentioned in the first page of this thread but. voltron legendary defender. yeah.
....... ...... pixel-wolf-1.png
they-them.png
fr-3.png
sQddvGCO_o.gif
pixel-wolf-2.png
WoF, Once, Supernatural(the ending to s5 was perfect and they should've just stopped there, but NO. They HAD to keep going.) Voltron I have no thoughts on yet, still trying to finish rewatching it.
WoF, Once, Supernatural(the ending to s5 was perfect and they should've just stopped there, but NO. They HAD to keep going.) Voltron I have no thoughts on yet, still trying to finish rewatching it.
frogge3_resz.png corgisinger.png dXPE3wF.png LEpJMnn.png ZbNAjCO.png Tl1dGxE.png tqGkHih.png
Z0DR4mq.png
e12L4xz.png
i remember battlestar galactica having the most bizarre ending lmao
i remember battlestar galactica having the most bizarre ending lmao
head_copy.png
[quote name="TsunamiVoid" date="2023-03-15 11:01:02" ] WoF, Once, Supernatural(the ending to s5 was perfect and they should've just stopped there, but NO. They HAD to keep going.) Voltron I have no thoughts on yet, still trying to finish rewatching it. [/quote] Havent read book 15 of WoF yet but from what ive heard people either regard it as good at best or meh at worst Some good anims came from it tho so i aint mad Also ik i already commented here but Infinity Train. It got cut in half so the fluffy break arc that was supposed to be prep for the angst heavy 5th arc (that they had sceipted and partially storyboarded when it got axrd, why u gotta do this hbomax) turned into the finale and uhh I mean its ok i guess. I liked it. I still wish we got the full 8 season tho :'c
TsunamiVoid wrote on 2023-03-15 11:01:02:
Havent read book 15 of WoF yet but from what ive heard people either regard it as good at best or meh at worst

Some good anims came from it tho so i aint mad

Also ik i already commented here but

Infinity Train. It got cut in half so the fluffy break arc that was supposed to be prep for the angst heavy 5th arc (that they had sceipted and partially storyboarded when it got axrd, why u gotta do this hbomax) turned into the finale and uhh

I mean its ok i guess. I liked it. I still wish we got the full 8 season tho :'c
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
ok someone just mentioned it but reading up on new responses i remembered. supernatural. for the record i don't really care about supernatural but this was like. the ending was so bad that november 5th 2020 is now basically an unofficial holiday on tumblr. do you remember the absolute chaos of that day. do you remember the destiel confession. i do.
ok someone just mentioned it but reading up on new responses i remembered. supernatural. for the record i don't really care about supernatural but this was like. the ending was so bad that november 5th 2020 is now basically an unofficial holiday on tumblr. do you remember the absolute chaos of that day. do you remember the destiel confession. i do.
30-50 feral bogs
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11