Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Obscure TTRPGs
What kind of Obscure Table top games that you've either played or want to play at somepoint in the future?

Could be something as well known as World of Darkness, or Apocalypse world, or could be the most unknown drivethrurpg game ever known!
What kind of Obscure Table top games that you've either played or want to play at somepoint in the future?

Could be something as well known as World of Darkness, or Apocalypse world, or could be the most unknown drivethrurpg game ever known!
sAhQN8T.png1c269cdf42db7da4517ef214bf24f65e1fab3421.png 79bdf3e03f26ca763990aa3f58ff36a432f37c6b.pngfyRIUHP.png
Cyberpunk red. Getting a taste of the cyberpunk setting in a cyberpunk dnd campaign im playing and i need m o r e. The anime didnt help with the cravings either
Cyberpunk red. Getting a taste of the cyberpunk setting in a cyberpunk dnd campaign im playing and i need m o r e. The anime didnt help with the cravings either
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
There's this little game called Dungeons and Doggies that has the cutest freaking miniatures. I really want to play it just so I have an excuse to collect them! [img]https://deathwatchminis.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/group-1.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0602/0156/6449/products/animal-adventures-limited-edition-mutt-and-bailey-WithBadge_400x.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0602/0156/6449/products/SFAACC-002-animal-adventures-cats-and-catacombs-vol2-2_450x.png[/img] Look at them! They're so cute!
There's this little game called Dungeons and Doggies that has the cutest freaking miniatures. I really want to play it just so I have an excuse to collect them!
group-1.jpg animal-adventures-limited-edition-mutt-and-bailey-WithBadge_400x.png SFAACC-002-animal-adventures-cats-and-catacombs-vol2-2_450x.png
Look at them! They're so cute!
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
Those minis are so cuuute! ;o; I've never really been into painting figures, but I might have to make an exception for these ones... I need 100 of each now

Paranoia was fun! Even if we all kinda ignored the whole "bretrayal" aspect of it... I've played a short homebrew Shadowrun campaign as well, but that's about it.

Paranoia was probably my favourite though, it was very chaotic (such as us using another player's character as a battering ram to open a stuck elevator door, but we all botched our rolls so we ended up killing him instead... whoops!)
Those minis are so cuuute! ;o; I've never really been into painting figures, but I might have to make an exception for these ones... I need 100 of each now

Paranoia was fun! Even if we all kinda ignored the whole "bretrayal" aspect of it... I've played a short homebrew Shadowrun campaign as well, but that's about it.

Paranoia was probably my favourite though, it was very chaotic (such as us using another player's character as a battering ram to open a stuck elevator door, but we all botched our rolls so we ended up killing him instead... whoops!)
Pugmire is kinda obscure! You play as dogs (or other animals in the supplements) and go on adventures it's so cute.
Pugmire is kinda obscure! You play as dogs (or other animals in the supplements) and go on adventures it's so cute.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
Ooh! I’ve been interested in ttrpgs for years but have only in the past few years been able to start playing! At the moment I’m in a weekly game of Lancer! By complete accident I have almost completely avoided playing much of the big names like Dnd5e. I have however played a bunch of others that I haven’t heard being talked about too much.

Spire: The City Must Fall is fantastic especially if you like weird fantasy! I played through the Eidolon Sky campaign and the way it ended for our group is the single most cinematic and chaotic sequence of events I have ever witnessed. The class I played was an Inksmith, a writer that can essentially warp aspects of reality and features some truly inspired abilities.

I played a few sessions of a pbta game called The Happiest Apocalypse on Earth a while back. You play as either guests or employees of a spooky eldritch themepark and even just going through the process of designing the attractions I found quite fun. Unfortunately that game was cut short but I’d like to try it out again at some point.

Jump the Shark is a free mini rpg that I’ve played a couple of times but have been meaning to drag some more people into playing with me again. The general premise is that you play the TV writers of a successful show that is steadily going downhill as you run out of ideas. It’s DM-less and great for when you only have couple of players.

And while there are a bunch more I haven’t gotten to play yet I’ll also mention The Curse of the House of the Rookwoods since I’ve recently started to plan a game of it I might run. The players take on the role of members of the cursed and dysfunctional Rookwood family, whose curses will eventually doom each of them but also grant them abilities. It’s very gothic horror inspired and part of the character creation process is literally design what skeleton is in your characters closet which I think is very fun
Ooh! I’ve been interested in ttrpgs for years but have only in the past few years been able to start playing! At the moment I’m in a weekly game of Lancer! By complete accident I have almost completely avoided playing much of the big names like Dnd5e. I have however played a bunch of others that I haven’t heard being talked about too much.

Spire: The City Must Fall is fantastic especially if you like weird fantasy! I played through the Eidolon Sky campaign and the way it ended for our group is the single most cinematic and chaotic sequence of events I have ever witnessed. The class I played was an Inksmith, a writer that can essentially warp aspects of reality and features some truly inspired abilities.

I played a few sessions of a pbta game called The Happiest Apocalypse on Earth a while back. You play as either guests or employees of a spooky eldritch themepark and even just going through the process of designing the attractions I found quite fun. Unfortunately that game was cut short but I’d like to try it out again at some point.

Jump the Shark is a free mini rpg that I’ve played a couple of times but have been meaning to drag some more people into playing with me again. The general premise is that you play the TV writers of a successful show that is steadily going downhill as you run out of ideas. It’s DM-less and great for when you only have couple of players.

And while there are a bunch more I haven’t gotten to play yet I’ll also mention The Curse of the House of the Rookwoods since I’ve recently started to plan a game of it I might run. The players take on the role of members of the cursed and dysfunctional Rookwood family, whose curses will eventually doom each of them but also grant them abilities. It’s very gothic horror inspired and part of the character creation process is literally design what skeleton is in your characters closet which I think is very fun
Vert-divider-100.png
• She/Her
• NZ
• Pigeon Fan
Art shop
a year or two ago my friend gave me the handbook for Sleepaway, a 1-2 session gmless rpg where everyone is a camp counsellor struggling to keep their campers safe from a horrifying monster in the woods. the monster is interesting because it's exclusively interpreted, never played - players figure out its actions by drawing a card (just from a regular deck of playing cards) and consulting several charts.

also got a starter set for Tales from the Loop a few months ago, which i'm very much interested in! you play as kids in an alternate history Sweden, where the landscape and culture have been changed by technological advancements made possible by the eponymous Loop.
alas, i'm having a hard enough time getting my next monster of the week campaign scheduled (its been a YEAR, and our other two campaigns have even ground to a halt since summer), so it'll be a while before i can rightfully propose spending valuable game nights learning a whole new system to my players. someday.....
a year or two ago my friend gave me the handbook for Sleepaway, a 1-2 session gmless rpg where everyone is a camp counsellor struggling to keep their campers safe from a horrifying monster in the woods. the monster is interesting because it's exclusively interpreted, never played - players figure out its actions by drawing a card (just from a regular deck of playing cards) and consulting several charts.

also got a starter set for Tales from the Loop a few months ago, which i'm very much interested in! you play as kids in an alternate history Sweden, where the landscape and culture have been changed by technological advancements made possible by the eponymous Loop.
alas, i'm having a hard enough time getting my next monster of the week campaign scheduled (its been a YEAR, and our other two campaigns have even ground to a halt since summer), so it'll be a while before i can rightfully propose spending valuable game nights learning a whole new system to my players. someday.....
dungeon master
I'm taking notes—want to see if I can ask my on-and-off small playgroup to pause the session and try one of this GMless games. I bought a deck of playing cards (space-themed, started siren calling my name) so Sleepless sounds intriguing.
I'm taking notes—want to see if I can ask my on-and-off small playgroup to pause the session and try one of this GMless games. I bought a deck of playing cards (space-themed, started siren calling my name) so Sleepless sounds intriguing.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
I played Lancer for a while! My group was some long distance friends and we all got kind of busy, but I still think about my character and how much drama we could have gotten into with time. Maybe one day we can pick back up where we left off.

Another I've played a bit is Mork Borg, which is kind of dark in a humorous way, but isn't for everyone. You're weird, often mutated or strange people, in a world that's going to end. It's actually part of the gameplay that you roll to see if the world ending gets closer, and the game gets harder. So it's not a heroic game, but my character got to rip things apart with her razor teeth and that was fun.

The Alien RPG is one I played a session of and would love to do more. Thinking of trying to DM something myself at my local game shop once I lose a few of my current games (I'm in 4 ongoing games right now rip)
I played Lancer for a while! My group was some long distance friends and we all got kind of busy, but I still think about my character and how much drama we could have gotten into with time. Maybe one day we can pick back up where we left off.

Another I've played a bit is Mork Borg, which is kind of dark in a humorous way, but isn't for everyone. You're weird, often mutated or strange people, in a world that's going to end. It's actually part of the gameplay that you roll to see if the world ending gets closer, and the game gets harder. So it's not a heroic game, but my character got to rip things apart with her razor teeth and that was fun.

The Alien RPG is one I played a session of and would love to do more. Thinking of trying to DM something myself at my local game shop once I lose a few of my current games (I'm in 4 ongoing games right now rip)
vega
they/them