Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Talk Abt Your Fave Prehistoric Creature
1 2 3 4 5
[img]https://static01.nyt.com/images/2021/02/02/science/26TB-DINO-02/26TB-DINO-02-superJumbo.jpg[/img] Spoons give me special happiness in my heart.
26TB-DINO-02-superJumbo.jpg

Spoons give me special happiness in my heart.
ICEWARDEN_sig.png
[quote name="Caffeinatedsoap" date="2023-03-02 19:56:10" ] The sinomacrops is so CUTE. It looks like a feathery bird bulldog gremlin and I love it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/bs5eBZX.png[/img] It was also only 15 cm long with a wingspan of 33 cm. Sooo small, I want to hold it like hamburger. [/quote] Petition to replace all Fae dragons with these guys.
Caffeinatedsoap wrote on 2023-03-02 19:56:10:
The sinomacrops is so CUTE. It looks like a feathery bird bulldog gremlin and I love it.

bs5eBZX.png

It was also only 15 cm long with a wingspan of 33 cm. Sooo small, I want to hold it like hamburger.

Petition to replace all Fae dragons with these guys.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
I don't have a creature to contribute because I don't know much about prehistoric animals but this is my favorite thread I've found on FR. I'm having a great time lurking and learning about your favorite weird little guys.
I don't have a creature to contribute because I don't know much about prehistoric animals but this is my favorite thread I've found on FR. I'm having a great time lurking and learning about your favorite weird little guys.
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giftumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
@Halkiierid [quote name="Halkiierid" date="2023-03-03 12:16:04" ]Petition to replace all Fae dragons with these guys. [/quote] Agreed 100%!
@Halkiierid
Halkiierid wrote on 2023-03-03 12:16:04:
Petition to replace all Fae dragons with these guys.

Agreed 100%!
7685.png
Declan/Caff
- - - - - - - - - -
- He/Him
- Gay and a Pokémon expert
- Has the tism
- Pingable
vBazOjz.png
[quote name="Halkiierid" date="2023-03-01 18:40:47" ] Just a little man in Adidas trackpants. [/quote] His drip goes so hard
Halkiierid wrote on 2023-03-01 18:40:47:

Just a little man in Adidas trackpants.

His drip goes so hard
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giftumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
[img]https://www.extinctanimals.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Helicoprion-Picture.jpg[/img] Helicoprion. How was this a real animal?
Helicoprion-Picture.jpg
Helicoprion. How was this a real animal?
WOOLLY MAMMOTH granted i am not an expert on them by any means but they were my first favorite animal when i read about them in first grade in some big giant animal encyclopedia. i just think they look so cool. i want to pet one so bad. and crazy that they were still alive back when the pyramids were being built... which isn't really that long ago if you think about it in the grand scheme of things i was also obsessed with the ice age movies lmao just look at them :] [img]https://cdn.the-scientist.com/assets/articleNo/70463/aImg/47581/2009d359-bd51-4120-b2c9-a0e08699844b-o.jpg[/img]
WOOLLY MAMMOTH
granted i am not an expert on them by any means but they were my first favorite animal when i read about them in first grade in some big giant animal encyclopedia. i just think they look so cool. i want to pet one so bad. and crazy that they were still alive back when the pyramids were being built... which isn't really that long ago if you think about it in the grand scheme of things

i was also obsessed with the ice age movies lmao

just look at them :]
2009d359-bd51-4120-b2c9-a0e08699844b-o.jpg
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
[img]https://i.natgeofe.com/n/4d994504-6f53-41dc-a24b-f483e2442ddd/Anomalocaris_reconstruction.jpg[/img] anomalocaris baybeeeee...its quite popular but i love it ; O ; i wish we could bring back anomalocaris but rly small so we can have them as pets. i cry sometimes cuz i know ill never be able to pet one. and the ones in the past will never know how much i love them. wah... i also love trilobites and im mad theyre gone i miss them so much. trilobites my beloved i also like dunkleosteus and other placoderms i think theyre neat and the BUGS FROM THE CARBONIFEROUS??? SO AWESOME i love you arthropleura for the mesozoic i rly like the marine reptiles, plesiosaurs and pliosaurs and stuff...just think theyre rly cool for the cenozoic id say i really like phorusrhacids or terror birds. they scary but cool [img]https://nhpbs.org/wild/images/terrorbird.jpg[/img] i also like the early whales, like ambulocetus and basilosaurus i rewatch the walking with __ series so often, ik some of the info is outdated but theyre still so fun!
Anomalocaris_reconstruction.jpg
anomalocaris baybeeeee...its quite popular but i love it ; O ; i wish we could bring back anomalocaris but rly small so we can have them as pets. i cry sometimes cuz i know ill never be able to pet one. and the ones in the past will never know how much i love them. wah... i also love trilobites and im mad theyre gone i miss them so much. trilobites my beloved

i also like dunkleosteus and other placoderms i think theyre neat and the BUGS FROM THE CARBONIFEROUS??? SO AWESOME i love you arthropleura

for the mesozoic i rly like the marine reptiles, plesiosaurs and pliosaurs and stuff...just think theyre rly cool

for the cenozoic id say i really like phorusrhacids or terror birds. they scary but cool
terrorbird.jpg
i also like the early whales, like ambulocetus and basilosaurus

i rewatch the walking with __ series so often, ik some of the info is outdated but theyre still so fun!
if you are replying to me please ping me o:
@ellenerror oh yeah baby early whale SWEEP!!! The "crying because you will never be able to see (x) extinct animal" hits so hard btw, happens to the best of us. BUT going along the "tiny animalocaris as pets" thing, you might really like brine shrimp a.k.a. sea monkeys, or triops! Triops aren't really much of a lookalike but they do look [i]extremely[/i] cambrian, and they also have three eyes :-D Here's what they look like: [img]https://i.imgur.com/vEMvdM4.jpeg[/img] As for my favorite prehistoric animal there's just so many I love D-: probably would have to be a non-avian dinosaur, but even then that doesn't narrow it down a ton. Maybe Deinocheirus?? My number 2 would probably have to be Spinosaurus, just for the mystery of it.
@ellenerror oh yeah baby early whale SWEEP!!!

The "crying because you will never be able to see (x) extinct animal" hits so hard btw, happens to the best of us. BUT going along the "tiny animalocaris as pets" thing, you might really like brine shrimp a.k.a. sea monkeys, or triops! Triops aren't really much of a lookalike but they do look extremely cambrian, and they also have three eyes :-D
Here's what they look like:
vEMvdM4.jpeg

As for my favorite prehistoric animal there's just so many I love D-:
probably would have to be a non-avian dinosaur, but even then that doesn't narrow it down a ton. Maybe Deinocheirus?? My number 2 would probably have to be Spinosaurus, just for the mystery of it.
v buy my UMA! v
UU9vIu2.png
RIuVQv5.png
[quote name="holodecks" date="2023-03-03 13:11:27" ] I don't have a creature to contribute because I don't know much about prehistoric animals [/quote] Same here. I did learn about [i]Auroralumina[/i] recently. What a lucky find—a familiar body plan among the unfamiliar Ediacaran ones! And possibly one of the earliest predators to boot!
holodecks wrote on 2023-03-03 13:11:27:
I don't have a creature to contribute because I don't know much about prehistoric animals

Same here. I did learn about Auroralumina recently. What a lucky find—a familiar body plan among the unfamiliar Ediacaran ones! And possibly one of the earliest predators to boot!
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
1 2 3 4 5