Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Help me name my dragons!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@MaxOptimizer
No worries - RL always comes first! Family is doing well, thank goodness. Can't say my sanity is when the doctors told me that my c-section had to move 2 weeks to the left, now scheduled for the 30th of this month... Thank goodness my husband will be going with me to my next appointment next week. He's a pharmacist, so he'll be able to better articulate why this is not a great idea (based on the research we conducted) and better discuss their reasoning overall. It's why I do not like this practice and left it when I was pregnant with my daughter. They like doing fear tactics and don't give you room to discuss or understand why they are telling you to do things (they were trying to have me do an invasive test to check if my first pregnancy had a fetus that would have certain developmental issues, which it never did). I have such little energy to put up with that sort of BS for this pregnancy like I did for my last one, so having my husband around this time is a life-saver. But otherwise, just taking it day by day.

And all the names are great! Tysm! I technically have 3 left to name, but I think I can handle them far more easily. I can't say how grateful I am for your help and it's been such a fun process! I hope all goes well for you in the future and feel free to reach out anytime ^^ Maybe if you like to watch a mass egg hatch, I can ping you for the one I am doing on October 14th (55 eggs). ;)
@MaxOptimizer
No worries - RL always comes first! Family is doing well, thank goodness. Can't say my sanity is when the doctors told me that my c-section had to move 2 weeks to the left, now scheduled for the 30th of this month... Thank goodness my husband will be going with me to my next appointment next week. He's a pharmacist, so he'll be able to better articulate why this is not a great idea (based on the research we conducted) and better discuss their reasoning overall. It's why I do not like this practice and left it when I was pregnant with my daughter. They like doing fear tactics and don't give you room to discuss or understand why they are telling you to do things (they were trying to have me do an invasive test to check if my first pregnancy had a fetus that would have certain developmental issues, which it never did). I have such little energy to put up with that sort of BS for this pregnancy like I did for my last one, so having my husband around this time is a life-saver. But otherwise, just taking it day by day.

And all the names are great! Tysm! I technically have 3 left to name, but I think I can handle them far more easily. I can't say how grateful I am for your help and it's been such a fun process! I hope all goes well for you in the future and feel free to reach out anytime ^^ Maybe if you like to watch a mass egg hatch, I can ping you for the one I am doing on October 14th (55 eggs). ;)
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
@Crescentstar711
I see, I'm sorry to hear. I'm glad that your husband is there for you, though.
I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Don't push yourself too hard.
You have the right approach, though, taking it day by day.

Well, it was fun submitting name suggestions and broadening my horizons.
Thank you for this opportunity and also for the beautiful drawing. I love it.
I'll gladly try and help out again in the future if need be.

We'll stay in contact if you want. Take care!
@Crescentstar711
I see, I'm sorry to hear. I'm glad that your husband is there for you, though.
I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Don't push yourself too hard.
You have the right approach, though, taking it day by day.

Well, it was fun submitting name suggestions and broadening my horizons.
Thank you for this opportunity and also for the beautiful drawing. I love it.
I'll gladly try and help out again in the future if need be.

We'll stay in contact if you want. Take care!
Bump, more dragons that need new names. Please help!
Bump, more dragons that need new names. Please help!
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
FujJNYK.pngimage.pngimage.pngs16_book.pngimage.pngo290-d04-Crescentstar711.pngo484-d01-Crescentstar711.png222.pngl15_book.pngl19_01_book.pngrzj2jMv.png
@Crescentstar711

i got a few ideas
(i see that some already have names so i'll skip numbers)

1. TechnoWisp
4. Abysstral (like abyss and orchestral)
5. SongSpark
7. Theremin (it's an instrument used in some halloween music)
8. Serenade
9. Believer (- song title if you accept that too)
10. Baritone
11. BellWhisper
12. Rockstar
13. Aria
14. Sonata
15. AngelVoice
16. Opera
17. Lullaby
18. SirenSong
21. BassDive
22. Spiritune
23. Duet
24. Harmony
25. Guitarra (spanish for guitar)
26. Soul (music genre)
30. TideWave
@Crescentstar711

i got a few ideas
(i see that some already have names so i'll skip numbers)

1. TechnoWisp
4. Abysstral (like abyss and orchestral)
5. SongSpark
7. Theremin (it's an instrument used in some halloween music)
8. Serenade
9. Believer (- song title if you accept that too)
10. Baritone
11. BellWhisper
12. Rockstar
13. Aria
14. Sonata
15. AngelVoice
16. Opera
17. Lullaby
18. SirenSong
21. BassDive
22. Spiritune
23. Duet
24. Harmony
25. Guitarra (spanish for guitar)
26. Soul (music genre)
30. TideWave
xpxalNl.gifarcanefull.png2021-09-15-0i1-Kleki.png
I offer my best greetings, @Crescentstar711! I've recently been experiencing a bit of a creative block, but I tried my best to post some suggestions for you. I hope that you can work with them. If not, I'll post some more at a later date! Talk to you again soon! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79306088][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/793061/79306088_350.png[/img][/url] "Psybient" maybe? The name is a reference to the eponymous "psychedelic ambient" or "ambient psy" electronic music genre. I chose this name, as the Arcane-type Primal Eyes evoke the feeling of "trance" that this genre is typically associated with. In addition to this, I think that the Arcane typing goes well in tandem with key terms such as "psychill, psychedelic chillout, psy chillout". The "Cloak of the Cosmos", the "Galactic Watcher" skin, and the moon in the "Arcanist's Domain" scene's nightsky bear a striking resemblance to the "space" motif, typically associated with this genre. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79390285][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/793903/79390285_350.png[/img][/url] "NewGermanWave" maybe? The name is a reference to the eponymous West German rock music, "originally derived from post-punk and new wave music with electronic influences". (The German name for the genre is "Neue Deutsche Welle"). I chose this name, as I associate the Undertide breed with water and waves. In addition to this, an article in the October 1979 volume of West German magazine "Sounds" talked about the genre and used the headline of "Neue Deutsche Welle — Aus grauer Städte Mauern ("New German Wave — From Grey Cities' Walls")". The dragon's colors are all notably grey, especially Leed and Steel. Oh, also, also, Undertides are "new", hah. (I'll let myself out...) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82684814][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/826849/82684814_350.png[/img][/url] "DarkAmbient" maybe? The name is a reference to the eponymous post-industrial music genre, characterized by "ominous, dark droning and often gloomy, monumental or catacombal atmosphere, partially with discordant overtones". I chose this name, as the dragon's colors are rather dark and the apparel features words such as "enchanted,", "conjurer", and "darksong". In addition to this, artists of this genre "make use of industrial principles such as noise and shock tactics, but wield these elements with more subtlety." The "shock tactics" are a little detail that goes in tandem with the dragon's Lightning typing.
I offer my best greetings, @Crescentstar711!
I've recently been experiencing a bit of a creative block, but I tried my best to post some suggestions for you. I hope that you can work with them. If not, I'll post some more at a later date! Talk to you again soon!

79306088_350.png
"Psybient" maybe?
The name is a reference to the eponymous "psychedelic ambient" or "ambient psy" electronic music genre. I chose this name, as the Arcane-type Primal Eyes evoke the feeling of "trance" that this genre is typically associated with. In addition to this, I think that the Arcane typing goes well in tandem with key terms such as "psychill, psychedelic chillout, psy chillout". The "Cloak of the Cosmos", the "Galactic Watcher" skin, and the moon in the "Arcanist's Domain" scene's nightsky bear a striking resemblance to the "space" motif, typically associated with this genre.

79390285_350.png
"NewGermanWave" maybe?
The name is a reference to the eponymous West German rock music, "originally derived from post-punk and new wave music with electronic influences". (The German name for the genre is "Neue Deutsche Welle"). I chose this name, as I associate the Undertide breed with water and waves. In addition to this, an article in the October 1979 volume of West German magazine "Sounds" talked about the genre and used the headline of "Neue Deutsche Welle — Aus grauer Städte Mauern ("New German Wave — From Grey Cities' Walls")". The dragon's colors are all notably grey, especially Leed and Steel. Oh, also, also, Undertides are "new", hah. (I'll let myself out...)

82684814_350.png
"DarkAmbient" maybe?
The name is a reference to the eponymous post-industrial music genre, characterized by "ominous, dark droning and often gloomy, monumental or catacombal atmosphere, partially with discordant overtones". I chose this name, as the dragon's colors are rather dark and the apparel features words such as "enchanted,", "conjurer", and "darksong". In addition to this, artists of this genre "make use of industrial principles such as noise and shock tactics, but wield these elements with more subtlety." The "shock tactics" are a little detail that goes in tandem with the dragon's Lightning typing.
@ShiverStar
The ones that already have names were named when I bought them, but I want to change their names to keep my lair's theme ^^ I don't do music song titles though.

Unfortunately, some of those names are already used in my lair. But! I do like Theramin, Sonata, Lullaby, and Duet! I'll send some chests your way - thank you!
@ShiverStar
The ones that already have names were named when I bought them, but I want to change their names to keep my lair's theme ^^ I don't do music song titles though.

Unfortunately, some of those names are already used in my lair. But! I do like Theramin, Sonata, Lullaby, and Duet! I'll send some chests your way - thank you!
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
Bump!
Bump!
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
Damn she caught my attention lemmi try naming her [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81195664][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/811957/81195664_350.png[/img][/url] @Crescentstar711 Daria: It means "Ocean" but also "Posessing Goodness" the name has Iranian roots, pretty interesting. Eldoris: "Of the Sea" in Greek Cordelia: "Daughter of the Sea" It has Latin and Celctic origions Delja: Same thing as Cordelia but in Polish Umiko: Child of the sea in Japanese Calder: Scotish meaning "Wild Waters" Play around with the names in your head then decide which sounds the best ^^
Damn she caught my attention lemmi try naming her

81195664_350.png

@Crescentstar711

Daria: It means "Ocean" but also "Posessing Goodness" the name has Iranian roots, pretty interesting.

Eldoris: "Of the Sea" in Greek

Cordelia: "Daughter of the Sea" It has Latin and Celctic origions

Delja: Same thing as Cordelia but in Polish

Umiko: Child of the sea in Japanese

Calder: Scotish meaning "Wild Waters"

Play around with the names in your head then decide which sounds the best ^^
@FoxyDerg1987
While they are lovely names, I cannot use them because they are not musically themed. Thank you though ^^
@FoxyDerg1987
While they are lovely names, I cannot use them because they are not musically themed. Thank you though ^^
yXHULpF.png Wishlist
FR+3 time
Dragons for Sale

Art Shop
@Crescentstar711

Oh I didnt see the musical refrence requirerment sorry!

lemmi take another shot tho

Ocean song (play on Song Of The Ocean by Ayreon)

Wave (Theres a song called The Wave by Yellowcard)

Dead Sea (The Lumineers)

Sea Fighter (Play on Don't Fight the Sea by Al Jardine)

Ocean Eyes (Billie Eilish)

Lost Sailor (Greatful dead)

Seaside (The Kooks)

Sea Sinner (Play on Sinner in the sea by Calexico)
@Crescentstar711

Oh I didnt see the musical refrence requirerment sorry!

lemmi take another shot tho

Ocean song (play on Song Of The Ocean by Ayreon)

Wave (Theres a song called The Wave by Yellowcard)

Dead Sea (The Lumineers)

Sea Fighter (Play on Don't Fight the Sea by Al Jardine)

Ocean Eyes (Billie Eilish)

Lost Sailor (Greatful dead)

Seaside (The Kooks)

Sea Sinner (Play on Sinner in the sea by Calexico)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7