Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | reptiles/inverts/exotic pets?
1 2 3 4 5 6
i know there used to be a thread like this so please correct me if its still active!!

I recently got 3 blue death-feigning beetles and i am OBSESSED with them. I love them so much. I'm also planning to get a crested gecko next weekend at an expo! I'm very very excited. Pictures coming soon!

I'm a cat lover, but my complex doesnt allow non-caged pets and i am... very sadly allergic. SO. Critters that do not have fur! this will be my first time owning a reptile! I had various amphibians when i was really little, and had roommates with reptiles, but this will be my first Real Pet.

please post pictures and tell me about your pets!! what do you want in the future?
i know there used to be a thread like this so please correct me if its still active!!

I recently got 3 blue death-feigning beetles and i am OBSESSED with them. I love them so much. I'm also planning to get a crested gecko next weekend at an expo! I'm very very excited. Pictures coming soon!

I'm a cat lover, but my complex doesnt allow non-caged pets and i am... very sadly allergic. SO. Critters that do not have fur! this will be my first time owning a reptile! I had various amphibians when i was really little, and had roommates with reptiles, but this will be my first Real Pet.

please post pictures and tell me about your pets!! what do you want in the future?
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
Although they have passed on, we used to have 2Anoles we named Roy and Dale. They lived in a large round terrarium.

Over the years we've had black gerbils, parakeets, miniature horses (outside pets) and numerous cats and dogs.
Although they have passed on, we used to have 2Anoles we named Roy and Dale. They lived in a large round terrarium.

Over the years we've had black gerbils, parakeets, miniature horses (outside pets) and numerous cats and dogs.
mM2VM9X.png
Hey guys! This is just a pre-emptive reminder to avoid tips and advice. I'm sure everyone means well, but for safety reasons Flight Rising does not allow health advice and that includes pet care.
Hey guys! This is just a pre-emptive reminder to avoid tips and advice. I'm sure everyone means well, but for safety reasons Flight Rising does not allow health advice and that includes pet care.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
I keep snakes and tarantulas - snakes are my main interest (I currently have eight of them, all different species) but I enjoy Ts a lot. In the future I’d also like a gecko and variety of isopods, as well as peppered and hissing cockroaches.
I keep snakes and tarantulas - snakes are my main interest (I currently have eight of them, all different species) but I enjoy Ts a lot. In the future I’d also like a gecko and variety of isopods, as well as peppered and hissing cockroaches.
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
We have a corn snake named Murdoc (pushing 26,I believe) as well as a warm freshwater fish tank . We also have fuzzies and I'm studying to become an exotic vet.
We have a corn snake named Murdoc (pushing 26,I believe) as well as a warm freshwater fish tank . We also have fuzzies and I'm studying to become an exotic vet.
Ahhh I'm so excited for you!! And proper jealous of your beetles! Cresties are such funny little critters, I'm sure you will love them when get to bring them home.

I currently have three Corn Snakes (Eggs, Benedict, Lasagna) and a Leopard gecko (Apples). Lasagna and Apples were strays that nobody every claimed, so I ended up keeping.

I don't have any inverts currently (actually that's a lie, I have a Cherry Shrimp colony), but have had Giant snails and Millipedes (both excellent pets imo) and hissing cockroaches. My favourite roach was a big male called Mr Binbag, I loved him so much. I've also reared Atlas moths once, and it was an amazing experience - would deffo do again! Just so sad they don't live very long as moths.

(I also have two cockatiels which are exotics but not really on the same theme as herps and inverts, ahah)
Ahhh I'm so excited for you!! And proper jealous of your beetles! Cresties are such funny little critters, I'm sure you will love them when get to bring them home.

I currently have three Corn Snakes (Eggs, Benedict, Lasagna) and a Leopard gecko (Apples). Lasagna and Apples were strays that nobody every claimed, so I ended up keeping.

I don't have any inverts currently (actually that's a lie, I have a Cherry Shrimp colony), but have had Giant snails and Millipedes (both excellent pets imo) and hissing cockroaches. My favourite roach was a big male called Mr Binbag, I loved him so much. I've also reared Atlas moths once, and it was an amazing experience - would deffo do again! Just so sad they don't live very long as moths.

(I also have two cockatiels which are exotics but not really on the same theme as herps and inverts, ahah)
xoTBwi7.png
I love cats but I think snakes edge them out slightly as my favorite animal. I have two. A high contrast albino ball python named Princess Cupcake. She's very fat and lazy and a total sweetheart. I also have a Pacific gopher snake named Xoey. I've had her since 2007 and she's my best pal. She's helped a lot of people in my life get over their fear of snakes, she's almost a therapy animal, that's how docile she is.
I love cats but I think snakes edge them out slightly as my favorite animal. I have two. A high contrast albino ball python named Princess Cupcake. She's very fat and lazy and a total sweetheart. I also have a Pacific gopher snake named Xoey. I've had her since 2007 and she's my best pal. She's helped a lot of people in my life get over their fear of snakes, she's almost a therapy animal, that's how docile she is.
wsC9LP4.jpg
Good luck with your new gecko! I would love to own either beetles or a gecko, but I have a phobia of insects (I'm working on it). I think they're cool, I'm just intensely terrified of them. :( I wouldn't be able to feed a gecko if I got one, lol. I do have a male black cat named King (my absolute baby) [img]https://i.imgur.com/6WSZY5H.png[/img] and a beautiful tricolor milk snake named Rockabilly Revival. Roxy for short lol [img]https://i.imgur.com/XxwKsHo.jpg[/img]
Good luck with your new gecko! I would love to own either beetles or a gecko, but I have a phobia of insects (I'm working on it). I think they're cool, I'm just intensely terrified of them. :( I wouldn't be able to feed a gecko if I got one, lol.

I do have a male black cat named King (my absolute baby)
6WSZY5H.png

and a beautiful tricolor milk snake named Rockabilly Revival. Roxy for short lol
XxwKsHo.jpg
I have 105 spiders and a snake. Edit: I forgot about the amblypygid I bought a few weeks ago and this terrible cat: [img]https://i.imgur.com/f965MtB.jpg[/img] My spiders live in my bedroom with me tho: [img]https://i.imgur.com/LqZhh4A.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/o1P1tSa.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Qlt9PgA.jpg[/img]
I have 105 spiders and a snake.

Edit: I forgot about the amblypygid I bought a few weeks ago and this terrible cat:

f965MtB.jpg

My spiders live in my bedroom with me tho:

LqZhh4A.jpg
o1P1tSa.jpg
Qlt9PgA.jpg
12266738.png12223394.png10712216.png9093168.png9894381.png
[quote name="CommanderBacon" date="2023-02-04 21:49:58" ] I have 105 spiders and a snake. [/quote] Im both terrified and impressed in equal parts, friend I dont have any exotoc pets, unless you count a cat with no braincells and too much weight exotic, but i do want some sort of snake or lizars in the future. Maybe a garter snake or two. That'd be fun
CommanderBacon wrote on 2023-02-04 21:49:58:
I have 105 spiders and a snake.
Im both terrified and impressed in equal parts, friend

I dont have any exotoc pets, unless you count a cat with no braincells and too much weight exotic, but i do want some sort of snake or lizars in the future. Maybe a garter snake or two. That'd be fun
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
1 2 3 4 5 6