Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Useless powers
1 2 3 4
you make any clothing you can wear dirty as soon as it touches your skin
not a very effective power
you make any clothing you can wear dirty as soon as it touches your skin
not a very effective power
pHCrqjQ.gif
[quote name="Bookgobloblin" date="2023-01-29 21:39:19" ] the power to hear the soundtrack and easily pick up on the mood of a situation [/quote] Yes. This and the sandwhich power would be neat to have. I have a little glowing light ball floating around my head at all times. It istn strong enough to light up a room, it’s just there. It’s warm to the touch and if you spank it hard enough it makes a sort of chime sound.
Bookgobloblin wrote on 2023-01-29 21:39:19:
the power to hear the soundtrack and easily pick up on the mood of a situation
Yes. This and the sandwhich power would be neat to have.

I have a little glowing light ball floating around my head at all times. It istn strong enough to light up a room, it’s just there. It’s warm to the touch and if you spank it hard enough it makes a sort of chime sound.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
any useless superpower that's flashy enough to get a supervillain's attention and make them waste months of research trying to copy it, only to find out that, yes, it really is useless and can't help them dominate the world.

Specifically fire breath that can't burn anything, like that burning bush in Prince of Egypt/Moses story where the fire doesn't burn plant or flesh.

Good news: harmless fire breath looks cool
Bad news: useless, and probably will attract every edgelord and mad scientist into my DMs

The reason why I specifically say harmless fire breath is because you can't really substitute different types of fire for each other.

If I recall correctly, fire is just a chemical reaction so every type of fire requires completely different fuel, so even if an evil super-genius found out how a person's body could breathe harmless fire (special organ, fireproof insides, etc.), they would have to start over their work to figure out how a superpowered human can breathe dangerous harmful fire without burning themselves up.

And for them to reach that point, it would take months of research to find out.

It's the Luigi way to beat a supervillain: By doing nothing except exist.

edit: I should point out it's still a useless superpower because, well, harmless fire breath means zero protection from angry evil scientists.
any useless superpower that's flashy enough to get a supervillain's attention and make them waste months of research trying to copy it, only to find out that, yes, it really is useless and can't help them dominate the world.

Specifically fire breath that can't burn anything, like that burning bush in Prince of Egypt/Moses story where the fire doesn't burn plant or flesh.

Good news: harmless fire breath looks cool
Bad news: useless, and probably will attract every edgelord and mad scientist into my DMs

The reason why I specifically say harmless fire breath is because you can't really substitute different types of fire for each other.

If I recall correctly, fire is just a chemical reaction so every type of fire requires completely different fuel, so even if an evil super-genius found out how a person's body could breathe harmless fire (special organ, fireproof insides, etc.), they would have to start over their work to figure out how a superpowered human can breathe dangerous harmful fire without burning themselves up.

And for them to reach that point, it would take months of research to find out.

It's the Luigi way to beat a supervillain: By doing nothing except exist.

edit: I should point out it's still a useless superpower because, well, harmless fire breath means zero protection from angry evil scientists.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
The ability to make something float like a balloon for a certain amount of time. Just imagine, you poke something and it just slowly rises into the air. I mean, I guess it could come in handy in some situations, but like, how often would that be the case?

Oh yeah, and it doesn't work on other people.
The ability to make something float like a balloon for a certain amount of time. Just imagine, you poke something and it just slowly rises into the air. I mean, I guess it could come in handy in some situations, but like, how often would that be the case?

Oh yeah, and it doesn't work on other people.
Flare
Dragon-obsessed gamer nerd
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
DogHOvc.png
the power to fly but only once a day and for 5 minutes at a time
the power to breathe underwater but only when you're about to drown
the power to summon rocks out of nowhere
the power to cook the worst food imaginable
the power to do math but it only works when you have to do simple math
the power to wield giant glowing swords but the swords are harmless
the power to summon rubber bouncy balls
the power to fly but only once a day and for 5 minutes at a time
the power to breathe underwater but only when you're about to drown
the power to summon rocks out of nowhere
the power to cook the worst food imaginable
the power to do math but it only works when you have to do simple math
the power to wield giant glowing swords but the swords are harmless
the power to summon rubber bouncy balls
frogge3_resz.png corgisinger.png dXPE3wF.png LEpJMnn.png ZbNAjCO.png Tl1dGxE.png tqGkHih.png
Z0DR4mq.png
e12L4xz.png
Night vision but it only works when you are blindfolded.
Night vision but it only works when you are blindfolded.
Summon a pair of googly eyes on a nearby rock. The googly eyes are stickers and do nothing
Summon a pair of googly eyes on a nearby rock. The googly eyes are stickers and do nothing
:3
I want my superpower to be that I can do multi step math problems in my head and have that be sufficient for math tests
I want my superpower to be that I can do multi step math problems in my head and have that be sufficient for math tests
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
You can see through doors but only if they are open.
You can see through doors but only if they are open.
Podcast for Anime, Movies, and More?! Click the Yak!
oYwYKgq.png
When using a claw machine, you will always get an item on the 4th try.
Your mere presence prevents all plumbing from being clogged/backed up within 50 feet. If it's a very serious issue then it will do so as soon as you walk away
You can draw out exactly what is in your head, but only if using dry crayola markers
Your eyes are glowy. thats it
Doors will never creak when you open them.
When using a claw machine, you will always get an item on the 4th try.
Your mere presence prevents all plumbing from being clogged/backed up within 50 feet. If it's a very serious issue then it will do so as soon as you walk away
You can draw out exactly what is in your head, but only if using dry crayola markers
Your eyes are glowy. thats it
Doors will never creak when you open them.
1 2 3 4