Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Useless powers
1 2 3 4
I've been recently obsessed with the idea of having super powers that are kinda completely useless, like genuinely not good for much of anything except maybe personal enjoyment

this mostly came from the idea of having a character in a world where everyone has powers and his is to like just
summon glitter

that's it

that's his amazing power, he can summon glitter
and he does it all the time because he thinks it's tremendously funny and a good prank

and it got me thinking/realized it's a great ice breaker question

what useless power would YOU like to have?
remember, it has to be useless, it cannot aid you specifically in any way (or at the very least not super huge?)

I would want to shoot bubbles out of my hands cuz idk I love blowing bubbles

someone I asked this question to gave a creative answer of making any drink in his hands become cold if he wanted, not ice or whatnot but like, if it's summer and his drink got hot he could make it cold
edit: I guess a power can be CONVENIENT like above but nothing that's big enough to make an impact that lasts more than a moment

other examples that I think are fun:
-creating a spotlight on yourself whenever you want for dramatic moments
-levitating exactly three inches off the ground
-making puffs of clouds but only as big as your fist
-make yourself or anyone else sneeze on command but only once every minute
-glowing in the dark but not enough so that it grants any visibility of your surroundings
-you can teleport but only three feet away
I've been recently obsessed with the idea of having super powers that are kinda completely useless, like genuinely not good for much of anything except maybe personal enjoyment

this mostly came from the idea of having a character in a world where everyone has powers and his is to like just
summon glitter

that's it

that's his amazing power, he can summon glitter
and he does it all the time because he thinks it's tremendously funny and a good prank

and it got me thinking/realized it's a great ice breaker question

what useless power would YOU like to have?
remember, it has to be useless, it cannot aid you specifically in any way (or at the very least not super huge?)

I would want to shoot bubbles out of my hands cuz idk I love blowing bubbles

someone I asked this question to gave a creative answer of making any drink in his hands become cold if he wanted, not ice or whatnot but like, if it's summer and his drink got hot he could make it cold
edit: I guess a power can be CONVENIENT like above but nothing that's big enough to make an impact that lasts more than a moment

other examples that I think are fun:
-creating a spotlight on yourself whenever you want for dramatic moments
-levitating exactly three inches off the ground
-making puffs of clouds but only as big as your fist
-make yourself or anyone else sneeze on command but only once every minute
-glowing in the dark but not enough so that it grants any visibility of your surroundings
-you can teleport but only three feet away
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
I think one that would be fun would be make anyone you see... greatly decrease their body's effect by gravity for a minute (60 seconds).

They would just start floating of the ground cause of a lack of gravity, and not know what's going on and, I dunno, but I think that could be pretty funny. Assuming said person doesn't do anything too drastic while the minute is in effect.

Though I suppose it could lean a bit into the helpful side. If someone was falling from a great height, for an example, and said ability was used before they hit the ground they would just sort of slllooowwwly drop there for a minute before landing safely. (That is to assume the ability would stop someone's momentum of their fall. If not, well, I suppose that's a spare minute for you to prepare for how much pain you are gonna be in, or even how you wanna land.)

I know this isn't the best one ever but it's what came to my head first so... ah well!!
I think one that would be fun would be make anyone you see... greatly decrease their body's effect by gravity for a minute (60 seconds).

They would just start floating of the ground cause of a lack of gravity, and not know what's going on and, I dunno, but I think that could be pretty funny. Assuming said person doesn't do anything too drastic while the minute is in effect.

Though I suppose it could lean a bit into the helpful side. If someone was falling from a great height, for an example, and said ability was used before they hit the ground they would just sort of slllooowwwly drop there for a minute before landing safely. (That is to assume the ability would stop someone's momentum of their fall. If not, well, I suppose that's a spare minute for you to prepare for how much pain you are gonna be in, or even how you wanna land.)

I know this isn't the best one ever but it's what came to my head first so... ah well!!
cfIrEgc.gif

they/he

" let the caffeine be your weaponry ,,
The ability to speak any and all languages, but the only thing you can say is "I don't speak much [language]", LOL. Something like that.
- M.
The ability to speak any and all languages, but the only thing you can say is "I don't speak much [language]", LOL. Something like that.
- M.
ACOZFAh.png sZShZzW.png Zs4VhSn.png
RyOOFff.png kseo325.png
OxagJgG.png bsTwpFg.png
KLS4Wrl.png
The ability to summon any creature you can imagine at any time, including made-up creatures... but they're always entirely incorporeal x'D
The ability to summon any creature you can imagine at any time, including made-up creatures... but they're always entirely incorporeal x'D
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
Look at you, with all your useless powers. I have the greatest power ever:

I can talk to animals, plants, and even inanimate objects. But I don't understand them. It's alright, they don't understand me either, so at least it's fair.
Look at you, with all your useless powers. I have the greatest power ever:

I can talk to animals, plants, and even inanimate objects. But I don't understand them. It's alright, they don't understand me either, so at least it's fair.
I would like to be able to summon a sandwich out of thin air. I can only summon one per day, though.
I would like to be able to summon a sandwich out of thin air. I can only summon one per day, though.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
This is fun.

You are immune to a temperature of -600 degrees Celsius. But only that, no higher, no lower.

You can teleport... but only to the destination your foot touches.

Your skeleton is 0.09% stronger than anyone else's in the world.

You can predict any future event with great accuracy but only half a second before it happens.

Your fingernails grow at twice the speed of a normal human's.

You will never stutter as long as your sentence is 3 words or less.
This is fun.

You are immune to a temperature of -600 degrees Celsius. But only that, no higher, no lower.

You can teleport... but only to the destination your foot touches.

Your skeleton is 0.09% stronger than anyone else's in the world.

You can predict any future event with great accuracy but only half a second before it happens.

You will never stutter as long as your sentence is 3 words or less.
ePOliyb.png8VNo9V1.pngBzjAkuF.png
artist | programmer | retro nerd

Cool draggos: KyarCrossFelony

{ Hi! I'm Mr. Ocelittle! See my wishlist! )
ifGjLLQ.png
[quote name="@JoweeTheRaposa" date="2023-01-23 03:41:17" ] I would like to be able to summon a sandwich out of thin air. I can only summon one per day, though. [/quote] YOOOOO straight up i would LOVE this! would be fantasic for like college and work
@JoweeTheRaposa wrote on 2023-01-23 03:41:17:
YOOOOO straight up i would LOVE this! would be fantasic for like college and work
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
[quote name="TheHunterZ" date="2023-01-23 04:45:42" ] Your fingernails grow at twice the speed of a normal human's. [/quote] genuinely my worst sensory nightmare i would HATE having this superpower
TheHunterZ wrote on 2023-01-23 04:45:42:

genuinely my worst sensory nightmare i would HATE having this superpower
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
I want my superpower to be...
All cats see me as friend. All cats big and small.
Just cats, cuz I'm a crazy cat person.
I want my superpower to be...
All cats see me as friend. All cats big and small.
Just cats, cuz I'm a crazy cat person.
Khadgar: "Impetuous imposters imperil important improvements."
King Julien: "I like to move it, move it!"
Thunder! Thunder! THUNDERCATS! HOOO!!
Clan Lore (Clan profile page.) Tree-Bound Subspecies forum thread
1 2 3 4