Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Herbivores of FR - Recipe Share!
Hello! I've noticed there isn't a place to discuss and share plant-based recipes so I'd like to get a little thread started. Plant-based encompasses many diets including; vegetarian, vegan, and whole-food-plant-based. This thread is open to everyone, including omnivores.

Please keep all content light-hearted and recipe related. This means:
  • No discussion or debate about animal agriculture
  • No health claims or nutritional advice
  • No meat in posts
  • Eggs and dairy are acceptable
  • Offsite links should follow FR and thread rules

I will strive to post a recipe at least once a week, but anyone is allowed to post at any time. My posts will contain off-site links. Please let me know if you would like to join the ping list.
Hello! I've noticed there isn't a place to discuss and share plant-based recipes so I'd like to get a little thread started. Plant-based encompasses many diets including; vegetarian, vegan, and whole-food-plant-based. This thread is open to everyone, including omnivores.

Please keep all content light-hearted and recipe related. This means:
  • No discussion or debate about animal agriculture
  • No health claims or nutritional advice
  • No meat in posts
  • Eggs and dairy are acceptable
  • Offsite links should follow FR and thread rules

I will strive to post a recipe at least once a week, but anyone is allowed to post at any time. My posts will contain off-site links. Please let me know if you would like to join the ping list.
Pinglists
General:
@/quincely @/ALT3RB0Y
Lacto/Ovo Vegetarian:

WFPB:

Vegan:
Pinglists
General:
@/quincely @/ALT3RB0Y
Lacto/Ovo Vegetarian:

WFPB:

Vegan:
Recipe Log
1/11/23 - Vegan Overnight Oats
Recipe Log
[center][u]1/11/23 - Vegan Overnight Oats[/u][/center] [url=https://ohsheglows.com/2015/07/22/vegan-overnight-oats/][img]https://ohsheglows.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/065A4037.jpg[/img][/url] [center][b]WFPB/Vegan[/b] . [url=https://ohsheglows.com/2015/07/22/vegan-overnight-oats]Link to recipe[/url] [/center]
065A4037.jpg
WFPB/Vegan . Link to recipe
My favorite sick-day comfort food is vegan, super simple, and very delicious.

Tomato Rice Soup
Ingredients:
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup (I use Campbell's)
  • 3 cups vegetable broth
  • 3/4 cup quick-cooking rice
  • 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • Hot sauce (whatever's in your cabinet)
  1. Combine undiluted tomato soup, broth, quick-cooking rice, onion, and celery in a pot and place on medium-high heat.
  2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot.
  3. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
  4. Add hot sauce to taste.
  5. Serve with your favorite starch if you're feeling extra carby. Oyster crackers or sourdough on the side are great ones to go with it.

This makes two portions, and is good for clearing sinuses. Endlessly customizable. I like sprinkling dried basil or oregano on top.
My favorite sick-day comfort food is vegan, super simple, and very delicious.

Tomato Rice Soup
Ingredients:
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup (I use Campbell's)
  • 3 cups vegetable broth
  • 3/4 cup quick-cooking rice
  • 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • Hot sauce (whatever's in your cabinet)
  1. Combine undiluted tomato soup, broth, quick-cooking rice, onion, and celery in a pot and place on medium-high heat.
  2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot.
  3. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
  4. Add hot sauce to taste.
  5. Serve with your favorite starch if you're feeling extra carby. Oyster crackers or sourdough on the side are great ones to go with it.

This makes two portions, and is good for clearing sinuses. Endlessly customizable. I like sprinkling dried basil or oregano on top.
VfJfrBs.jpeg
[center] [size=7][font=Century][u]Vegan Ramen[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MQj6s4F.jpg[/img] [left][size=5][font=Century] [u]Ingredients for Broth and Noodles[/u] [left] [LIST] [*]Your fav pack of vegan ramen [*]Vegetable stock [*]Soy sauce (light & dark) [*]Rice wine vinegar [*]Seseme seeds [*]MSG (optional) [*]Gochujang (Korean chillli paste) [*]Spring onion [*]Garlic [*]Ginger [*]Coriander [/LIST] [/left] [left][size=5][font=Century] [u]Ingredients for Garnish[/u] [left] [LIST] [*]Tofu [*]Vegetables of your choice (I chose red onion, sweetcorn, courgette and carrot) [*]Red chilli [*]Coriander [*]Seseme seeds [*]Cucumber (extra) [/LIST] [/left] [left][size=6][font=Century] [u]Instructions[/u] [LIST=1] [*]First it's good to prep all of your vegetables. Julienne your carrots and courgette and set aside. Press your tofu, cut into desired shape, set aside. [*]Chop up your spring onion finely, crush your garlic and chop ginger into thin strips. Add to a saucepan with a little bit of sesame oil mixed with vegetable oil. Season to taste. [*]After aroma is released, add in your gochujang, light soy sauce and rice wine vinegar (I usually add about a tablespoon of gochujang and a few glugs of soysauce). At this point, add some MSG and sesame seeds if desired. [*]Boil kettle, dissolve stock and add to saucepan. [*]At this point, begin to fry your tofu (About 10mins on each side, but frequently check to avoid burning. Tofu should freely come away from pan when ready, do not force it). [*]In another pan, fry your carrots and courgette together and sweetcorn in the other half. Fry in oil until slightly charred and sweetcorn is caramelised. [*]Now add flavour packet of ramen to broth and add your noodles. This should only take 4-5mins [*]Whilst noodles are cooking, prepare the garnish. Cut chilli into thin strips to add to the top of the ramen. Take leaves off of the coriander, chop some up and add to broth. Take some leaves off and use to add to top of ramen. Finely dice red onion for garnish. [*]Now put ramen together. Tip broth and noodles into a ramen bowl, arrange tofu on the side of the bowl. Lay the carrot and courgette on one side of the bowl and the chilli in the centre. [*]As an extra I sometimes julienne some cucumber and add it to the top of the ramen as it can help with spice, depending on your tolerance. [*]Enjoy! [/LIST] [/left]
Vegan Ramen

MQj6s4F.jpg

Ingredients for Broth and Noodles
  • Your fav pack of vegan ramen
  • Vegetable stock
  • Soy sauce (light & dark)
  • Rice wine vinegar
  • Seseme seeds
  • MSG (optional)
  • Gochujang (Korean chillli paste)
  • Spring onion
  • Garlic
  • Ginger
  • Coriander
Ingredients for Garnish
  • Tofu
  • Vegetables of your choice (I chose red onion, sweetcorn, courgette and carrot)
  • Red chilli
  • Coriander
  • Seseme seeds
  • Cucumber (extra)
Instructions
  1. First it's good to prep all of your vegetables. Julienne your carrots and courgette and set aside. Press your tofu, cut into desired shape, set aside.
  2. Chop up your spring onion finely, crush your garlic and chop ginger into thin strips. Add to a saucepan with a little bit of sesame oil mixed with vegetable oil. Season to taste.
  3. After aroma is released, add in your gochujang, light soy sauce and rice wine vinegar (I usually add about a tablespoon of gochujang and a few glugs of soysauce). At this point, add some MSG and sesame seeds if desired.
  4. Boil kettle, dissolve stock and add to saucepan.
  5. At this point, begin to fry your tofu (About 10mins on each side, but frequently check to avoid burning. Tofu should freely come away from pan when ready, do not force it).
  6. In another pan, fry your carrots and courgette together and sweetcorn in the other half. Fry in oil until slightly charred and sweetcorn is caramelised.
  7. Now add flavour packet of ramen to broth and add your noodles. This should only take 4-5mins
  8. Whilst noodles are cooking, prepare the garnish. Cut chilli into thin strips to add to the top of the ramen. Take leaves off of the coriander, chop some up and add to broth. Take some leaves off and use to add to top of ramen. Finely dice red onion for garnish.
  9. Now put ramen together. Tip broth and noodles into a ramen bowl, arrange tofu on the side of the bowl. Lay the carrot and courgette on one side of the bowl and the chilli in the centre.
  10. As an extra I sometimes julienne some cucumber and add it to the top of the ramen as it can help with spice, depending on your tolerance.
  11. Enjoy!

BczZn60.png
Hello, pescatarian here, I would be interested in joining your general pinglist! =D
Hello, pescatarian here, I would be interested in joining your general pinglist! =D
I am not vegetarian/vegan, but i tend to cook vegetarian a lot bc money and DANG these sound so good! pinglist please?

im a huge fan of these recipes:

lentil curry with spinach - (vegan if you use veggie broth; if thats not an issue i like stirring yogurt in when serving)
spinach pie (i use leeks, add spicy salt, and ricotta/feta instead of cottage cheese!)
coconut curry soup - recipe calls for chicken but i make this with red lentils sometimes and its very good!!
I am not vegetarian/vegan, but i tend to cook vegetarian a lot bc money and DANG these sound so good! pinglist please?

im a huge fan of these recipes:

lentil curry with spinach - (vegan if you use veggie broth; if thats not an issue i like stirring yogurt in when serving)
spinach pie (i use leeks, add spicy salt, and ricotta/feta instead of cottage cheese!)
coconut curry soup - recipe calls for chicken but i make this with red lentils sometimes and its very good!!
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
@quincely @ALT3RB0Y
Adding you guys to general pinglist ^^

Very excited to try and make some of these recipes! I didn't expect the thread to pick up so quickly! I'm going to work on the thread in the next couple days and move the pinglist offsite for better organization
@quincely @ALT3RB0Y
Adding you guys to general pinglist ^^

Very excited to try and make some of these recipes! I didn't expect the thread to pick up so quickly! I'm going to work on the thread in the next couple days and move the pinglist offsite for better organization
A lot of my meals are from family recipes so I don't have them written down, but here are some delicious discoveries I've been cooking lately, in order of vegetableyness:

Mango Coconut Tofu Bowls <- I think this one is vegan! My favourite, I make it for my family on a regular basis
French Chestnut Soup <- calls for frying in butter and adding a bit of milk, but those are easy substitutions if you want to veganize it
Spinach Fatayer Eat your spinach... Grow big and strong
Christmas Fettuccine (it's called that because the tomato and basil make it red and green, it's perfectly enjoyable in a secular manner) <- this one has lots of cream and cheese! Delicious...

Bonus two that are not plant based, but throwing them in there because I love my dairy:
Homemade Eggnog I am never drinking store bought eggnog ever again!!!
Mascarpone ( for anyone who's ever cringed at the cost of mascarpone in the grocery store... It's expensive!!! Well no longer, now you can make your own!! Delicious)
A lot of my meals are from family recipes so I don't have them written down, but here are some delicious discoveries I've been cooking lately, in order of vegetableyness:

Mango Coconut Tofu Bowls <- I think this one is vegan! My favourite, I make it for my family on a regular basis
French Chestnut Soup <- calls for frying in butter and adding a bit of milk, but those are easy substitutions if you want to veganize it
Spinach Fatayer Eat your spinach... Grow big and strong
Christmas Fettuccine (it's called that because the tomato and basil make it red and green, it's perfectly enjoyable in a secular manner) <- this one has lots of cream and cheese! Delicious...

Bonus two that are not plant based, but throwing them in there because I love my dairy:
Homemade Eggnog I am never drinking store bought eggnog ever again!!!
Mascarpone ( for anyone who's ever cringed at the cost of mascarpone in the grocery store... It's expensive!!! Well no longer, now you can make your own!! Delicious)
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png