Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why Are G1 Dragons Valuable?
1 2 3 4
My main draw is the randomness of the colors is, well, kind of like gambling where its always a surprise and a challenge to get the colors you have and make them work! Its a different kind of goal than say breeding projects, where instead you already have a specific goal in mind for what you want and are aiming to get that specifically. I don't actually care about anything else with showing no parents or anything. Just that randomness and the adaptability to it.

And because I don't really care about the other aspects of gen1s I'll sometimes look for really cheap dragons with special primal or multi-gaze eyes since those can be hard to work with and therefore even more fun for me to think of ways to gene them up! Of course I say all this and don't often follow through with most of my projects and mostly have fun thinking them up instead ahahaha.....
My main draw is the randomness of the colors is, well, kind of like gambling where its always a surprise and a challenge to get the colors you have and make them work! Its a different kind of goal than say breeding projects, where instead you already have a specific goal in mind for what you want and are aiming to get that specifically. I don't actually care about anything else with showing no parents or anything. Just that randomness and the adaptability to it.

And because I don't really care about the other aspects of gen1s I'll sometimes look for really cheap dragons with special primal or multi-gaze eyes since those can be hard to work with and therefore even more fun for me to think of ways to gene them up! Of course I say all this and don't often follow through with most of my projects and mostly have fun thinking them up instead ahahaha.....
@DoubleO That is true, lol. I noticed most of them were Nocts but apparently failed to engage brain all the way because I was caught up on this question.

@glitchplight Mood.
@DoubleO That is true, lol. I noticed most of them were Nocts but apparently failed to engage brain all the way because I was caught up on this question.

@glitchplight Mood.
i personally just think they're very fun. i don't mind spending money regening a whatever-generation dragon, i've done it a bunch (please see: bird, oran, adil, and patience in my lair lol), and even ended up exalting several of them. but with g1s, at least if i get tired of them i could probably make back at least some of my investment compared to a random gen dragon. that's a nice little thing to keep in mind for me that makes geneing a g1 feel less i guess wasteful? i feel similar about old dragons, as well!

and like other people said, the RNG factor makes them really interesting. i recently converted all of my non-g1s (except for a handful that can't be replaced for various other reasons) to either g1s or oldies, and finding the perfect replacements was SUCH a fun and surprisingly difficult challenge. i had a base that i wanted to match as closely as possible, on top of a few wishes i wanted to fulfill. i didn't get everything exactly, but what i found ended up making me happier than i would have been getting everything i thought i wanted. the forced limits of the g1 market made me reevaluate what i wanted and felt i needed, with respects to both colors and genes.

there are cool breeding challenges i could've done instead, with a similar sort of limitation to them, but even with those i'd still have a ton of control on the outcomes, and wouldn't be forced to think about things another way. plus, i would HATE having so many dragons in my lair for a breeding project (or eight, actually, as that's how many i replaced).

i'm less a fan of hatching them myself, but i do indulge on occasion. i just have poor luck so i rarely bother LOL
i personally just think they're very fun. i don't mind spending money regening a whatever-generation dragon, i've done it a bunch (please see: bird, oran, adil, and patience in my lair lol), and even ended up exalting several of them. but with g1s, at least if i get tired of them i could probably make back at least some of my investment compared to a random gen dragon. that's a nice little thing to keep in mind for me that makes geneing a g1 feel less i guess wasteful? i feel similar about old dragons, as well!

and like other people said, the RNG factor makes them really interesting. i recently converted all of my non-g1s (except for a handful that can't be replaced for various other reasons) to either g1s or oldies, and finding the perfect replacements was SUCH a fun and surprisingly difficult challenge. i had a base that i wanted to match as closely as possible, on top of a few wishes i wanted to fulfill. i didn't get everything exactly, but what i found ended up making me happier than i would have been getting everything i thought i wanted. the forced limits of the g1 market made me reevaluate what i wanted and felt i needed, with respects to both colors and genes.

there are cool breeding challenges i could've done instead, with a similar sort of limitation to them, but even with those i'd still have a ton of control on the outcomes, and wouldn't be forced to think about things another way. plus, i would HATE having so many dragons in my lair for a breeding project (or eight, actually, as that's how many i replaced).

i'm less a fan of hatching them myself, but i do indulge on occasion. i just have poor luck so i rarely bother LOL
GkfDmNh.png
I love love love hatching eggs! Then if the color combos are right its a challenge to scry them into something I like. Take my avatar dragon - I hatched him to celebrate/commemorate the Blizzard we had here in NY. He just so happened to look nice and frostbite when I gened his this way.

I also hatched a triple maroon on the day my dog died. I was totally trying to get a brown/black/orange combo (she was black and tan) and got blessed with one of the more rare things the site has to offer.

I supposed its also like people who go after IDs. They're one of a kind and who doesn't like palindromes?
I love love love hatching eggs! Then if the color combos are right its a challenge to scry them into something I like. Take my avatar dragon - I hatched him to celebrate/commemorate the Blizzard we had here in NY. He just so happened to look nice and frostbite when I gened his this way.

I also hatched a triple maroon on the day my dog died. I was totally trying to get a brown/black/orange combo (she was black and tan) and got blessed with one of the more rare things the site has to offer.

I supposed its also like people who go after IDs. They're one of a kind and who doesn't like palindromes?
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
@Pachirisu That's a good point! I haven't re-sold many of my dragons (maybe once?) but it's definitely a fair angle to consider if re-gening is something you're doing a lot of.
It's something I've been doing a bit recently too- it's really fun!

@BlackandTan - Yeah, when I actually get a hold of eggs it is super fun hatching them, you're definitely right there.
@Pachirisu That's a good point! I haven't re-sold many of my dragons (maybe once?) but it's definitely a fair angle to consider if re-gening is something you're doing a lot of.
It's something I've been doing a bit recently too- it's really fun!

@BlackandTan - Yeah, when I actually get a hold of eggs it is super fun hatching them, you're definitely right there.
[quote name="FoxyWolfMeerkat" date="2023-01-06 19:34:06" ] @/DoubleO That is true, lol. I noticed most of them were Nocts but apparently failed to engage brain all the way because I was caught up on this question. [snip] [/quote] @FoxyWolfMeerkat to be fair, G1 nocturnes take a long time to sell so it's easy to see them year-round and forget about NOTN waves of them, so no worries. My original comment may have some off too matter-of-fact and curt oops ...makes me wonder how the forums looked back when we had the massive wave of G1 Obelisks, but then again, I rarely peek in the dragon selling/trading forums ngl most of my observations are from Auction House listings and FRD discussions (sometimes people report lucky XXY or XYX hatches)
FoxyWolfMeerkat wrote on 2023-01-06 19:34:06:
@/DoubleO That is true, lol. I noticed most of them were Nocts but apparently failed to engage brain all the way because I was caught up on this question.

[snip]
@FoxyWolfMeerkat to be fair, G1 nocturnes take a long time to sell so it's easy to see them year-round and forget about NOTN waves of them, so no worries. My original comment may have some off too matter-of-fact and curt oops

...makes me wonder how the forums looked back when we had the massive wave of G1 Obelisks, but then again, I rarely peek in the dragon selling/trading forums ngl

most of my observations are from Auction House listings and FRD discussions (sometimes people report lucky XXY or XYX hatches)
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
@DoubleO You weren't curt that I noticed, no worries!

Ooof, that's a good question though. It has to have been busy though I'd bet.
@DoubleO You weren't curt that I noticed, no worries!

Ooof, that's a good question though. It has to have been busy though I'd bet.
my baby. no one else's. only mine.
my baby. no one else's. only mine.
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
G2+ dragons feel too easy, they’re easy to buy and dress and that would mean I wouldn’t get to engage with the site as much. G1s are a goal to work towards for many and keep them engaged with the site
G2+ dragons feel too easy, they’re easy to buy and dress and that would mean I wouldn’t get to engage with the site as much. G1s are a goal to work towards for many and keep them engaged with the site
Big affect here is in game filtering in search and ah that allow easily sort out something with with characteristic. I am sure if there was some kind of search that sort out let's say "all XYZ with less then 100 dragons on site" they eventually could rise in their price in times! Simply in reason that "rare things collectors" seeing random XYZ just do not think that this one could be represented in numbers even less that some G1s. [quote name="Idealism" date="2023-01-06 16:34:33" ] For me it just comes down to rarity. It's like getting something that many others want, but can't quite have in the same way you do when you own a G1 double or unique color combo. A dragon that is G2+ is more common even with nicer colors, but a G1 is almost like a collector's item since it really just comes down to RNG. [/quote] Oh here very good sample! How people could get impression that g2 is more common even if in realty it is false impression. Just in reason of it is not supported with easy ingame filter.
Big affect here is in game filtering in search and ah that allow easily sort out something with with characteristic.

I am sure if there was some kind of search that sort out let's say "all XYZ with less then 100 dragons on site" they eventually could rise in their price in times! Simply in reason that "rare things collectors" seeing random XYZ just do not think that this one could be represented in numbers even less that some G1s.
Idealism wrote on 2023-01-06 16:34:33:
For me it just comes down to rarity. It's like getting something that many others want, but can't quite have in the same way you do when you own a G1 double or unique color combo. A dragon that is G2+ is more common even with nicer colors, but a G1 is almost like a collector's item since it really just comes down to RNG.
Oh here very good sample! How people could get impression that g2 is more common even if in realty it is false impression. Just in reason of it is not supported with easy ingame filter.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
1 2 3 4