Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | gems
1 2
What's the best way for me to make gems right now? I need around 30 more, as I want to unlock an extra cosmetics slot so that I can give my profile pic dragon the last item in her set. (I assume there are better uses for gems, but I don't know any yet.)
What's the best way for me to make gems right now? I need around 30 more, as I want to unlock an extra cosmetics slot so that I can give my profile pic dragon the last item in her set. (I assume there are better uses for gems, but I don't know any yet.)
Once there was a dragon...

Profile dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82986118
You could trade treasure for gems in the Items for Sale forums. Selling extra familiars or apparel you do not want can also net you in a few gems. Chests you get from bonding with familiars can sell for quite a bit (Gilded Decorative Chests sell for 28-30 gems a pop). If you have any extra eggs, those are very valuable.
You could trade treasure for gems in the Items for Sale forums. Selling extra familiars or apparel you do not want can also net you in a few gems. Chests you get from bonding with familiars can sell for quite a bit (Gilded Decorative Chests sell for 28-30 gems a pop). If you have any extra eggs, those are very valuable.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
@GuyFromLoathing If you have any treasure you can buy gems from other users in the Items for Sale forum. Either make your own thread or look for an existing one. The value of gems is always changing based on supply and demand but at the moment it's around 1:1000-1100, so 1 gem is worth 1000-1100 treasure. This means you could buy all the gems you need for around 30,000 treasure.

So any method of making treasure also counts as a way of earning gems. You can make 75,000 treasure a day through the fairgrounds. Glimmer and Gloom is very quick if you can figure it out.
That's probably going to be the best option for you right now if you don't have a level 25 coliseum team or any items to sell.

There's a much more in-depth guide to making money here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014/1

Unlocking apparel slots is a fine use for gems c: The only other things you absolutely need gems for is unlocking some hibernal den slots or changing your username or flight. Anything else can be obtained with treasure.
They function very similarly to treasure and since it's easy to switch between treasure and gems there's no better or worse uses for any currency. Do whatever you want with your money :D
@GuyFromLoathing If you have any treasure you can buy gems from other users in the Items for Sale forum. Either make your own thread or look for an existing one. The value of gems is always changing based on supply and demand but at the moment it's around 1:1000-1100, so 1 gem is worth 1000-1100 treasure. This means you could buy all the gems you need for around 30,000 treasure.

So any method of making treasure also counts as a way of earning gems. You can make 75,000 treasure a day through the fairgrounds. Glimmer and Gloom is very quick if you can figure it out.
That's probably going to be the best option for you right now if you don't have a level 25 coliseum team or any items to sell.

There's a much more in-depth guide to making money here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014/1

Unlocking apparel slots is a fine use for gems c: The only other things you absolutely need gems for is unlocking some hibernal den slots or changing your username or flight. Anything else can be obtained with treasure.
They function very similarly to treasure and since it's easy to switch between treasure and gems there's no better or worse uses for any currency. Do whatever you want with your money :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Melting cheap items in Baldwin's pot and selling the transmuted materials for gems is also a pretty good way ^^
Melting cheap items in Baldwin's pot and selling the transmuted materials for gems is also a pretty good way ^^
p1rqVYS.pngC6fVfXK.pngkr1zK2C.pngcVWdKdj.pngBnLo81k.pngayZSXjU.pngTv0amX5.pngwPp69cV.pngk3kwF2F.pngejwZ8fU.pngIN9L2Uo.pngdGH2lUH.pngQs2rJqJ.pngRuS0zvv.pngRE7eXWm.pngJCdlxKQ.png0WlNUYd.pngp13N0X4.pngat7AEg8.pngUkmQuCL.pngTpzHKcr.pngbLKmKVL.png
hmm
these are good methods
however, it seems the best method of getting gems for me right now...
...is getting given them apparently?
(i have acquired 130 gems because people are nice)
(which is cool)
(i've heard this community is quite civil so not too surprising but still)
(m o n i)
hmm
these are good methods
however, it seems the best method of getting gems for me right now...
...is getting given them apparently?
(i have acquired 130 gems because people are nice)
(which is cool)
(i've heard this community is quite civil so not too surprising but still)
(m o n i)

idk I jsut sell babies I can't keep at 5 or so gems until they accumulate
idk I jsut sell babies I can't keep at 5 or so gems until they accumulate
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
Selling a gilded decorative chest. (The ones you get from awakening a familiar). They sell for 30g each and I’ve never had one that takes more than a day to sell
Selling a gilded decorative chest. (The ones you get from awakening a familiar). They sell for 30g each and I’ve never had one that takes more than a day to sell
oy11GHf.png tumblr_inline_ny7iugii4Q1qmzhvw_540.png
Wishlist | Lore Shop
do gilded chests have good items?

[quote name="@GuyFromLoathing" date="2023-01-04 12:00:04" ] do gilded chests have good items? [/quote] Yes. They do share a lot of the same item pool as the other chests, but from what I understand they are skewed to be more likely to give rarer items. They also can give items that you can't get anywhere else, such as past April Fools items or the exclusive Umbral set. You can check the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/item/576/comments]game database[/url] for more info. All that said, their contents are still random, so the safest way to make money from them is by selling them. Though it's worth noting gilded chests will give you 10-20 gems whenever you open one, that's still less than they sell for, so only open them if you're feeling lucky. Or a special occasion; I'm saving a bunch of my gilded chests to open on my birthday, for instance.
@GuyFromLoathing wrote on 2023-01-04 12:00:04:

Yes. They do share a lot of the same item pool as the other chests, but from what I understand they are skewed to be more likely to give rarer items. They also can give items that you can't get anywhere else, such as past April Fools items or the exclusive Umbral set. You can check the game database for more info.

All that said, their contents are still random, so the safest way to make money from them is by selling them. Though it's worth noting gilded chests will give you 10-20 gems whenever you open one, that's still less than they sell for, so only open them if you're feeling lucky. Or a special occasion; I'm saving a bunch of my gilded chests to open on my birthday, for instance.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
With things like these, often I prioritize my enjoyment over what is, strictly speaking, optimal in the game. For example, in another browser game I play, I once ran into a situation where I could sell an item right now, buy it later when its price had gone down, and get a tidy profit. However, my fried egg brain wanted to keep it because that item specifically I had gotten myself.
Same deal here, I think. Even if selling gilded chests would be better, I went to all that effort to Awaken the familiar. I figure I'll open it myself.
With things like these, often I prioritize my enjoyment over what is, strictly speaking, optimal in the game. For example, in another browser game I play, I once ran into a situation where I could sell an item right now, buy it later when its price had gone down, and get a tidy profit. However, my fried egg brain wanted to keep it because that item specifically I had gotten myself.
Same deal here, I think. Even if selling gilded chests would be better, I went to all that effort to Awaken the familiar. I figure I'll open it myself.

1 2