Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The oddball guild (open rp)
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
@chibichika

He had to blink in surprise at Mulberry saying he was one of them. He’d never really been one of anything, be it coalition or otherwise. He was still new to this place and yet she was willing to take him on as a burden, or what he considered himself to be anyway. There was no end to the strangeness of this new feeling. He nodded to Mulberry.
“I’ll check it out.” He padded out of the infirmary, rotating his wings in their sockets to assure they were both awake and not tingling. They seemed to be fine, and even the itch had abated a little. He made sure to avoid touching the goo this time around. He’d hate to be inundated with the stuff and risk some other horrible malfunction. Carefully he tiptoed about until he made his way to an open window, sticking his head through. He gauged its size versus his own and determined that he could squeeze through.

Quickly he slithered through the portal and clawed his way to the rooftop. Once above his jaw dropped. The goo had bled through the streets, market stalls, into other houses and open doors. Dragons looked to be chirping and baying angrily, with his earplugs in he couldn’t catch what they were saying. He vaulted from rooftop to rooftop, dodging others who were avoiding the ground. The goo became thicker the further up the block he followed. It was a flash of fire that caught his attention. A substantial emerald Ridgeback, who it seemed was also slimed, was destroying the muck with his fiery breath. Other dragons in the streets were catching on and doing much the same. Morbus felt an itch in his chest. He was uncomfortable at the sight of the fancy building with ooze gushing out of every window and sliming down its walls.
@chibichika

He had to blink in surprise at Mulberry saying he was one of them. He’d never really been one of anything, be it coalition or otherwise. He was still new to this place and yet she was willing to take him on as a burden, or what he considered himself to be anyway. There was no end to the strangeness of this new feeling. He nodded to Mulberry.
“I’ll check it out.” He padded out of the infirmary, rotating his wings in their sockets to assure they were both awake and not tingling. They seemed to be fine, and even the itch had abated a little. He made sure to avoid touching the goo this time around. He’d hate to be inundated with the stuff and risk some other horrible malfunction. Carefully he tiptoed about until he made his way to an open window, sticking his head through. He gauged its size versus his own and determined that he could squeeze through.

Quickly he slithered through the portal and clawed his way to the rooftop. Once above his jaw dropped. The goo had bled through the streets, market stalls, into other houses and open doors. Dragons looked to be chirping and baying angrily, with his earplugs in he couldn’t catch what they were saying. He vaulted from rooftop to rooftop, dodging others who were avoiding the ground. The goo became thicker the further up the block he followed. It was a flash of fire that caught his attention. A substantial emerald Ridgeback, who it seemed was also slimed, was destroying the muck with his fiery breath. Other dragons in the streets were catching on and doing much the same. Morbus felt an itch in his chest. He was uncomfortable at the sight of the fancy building with ooze gushing out of every window and sliming down its walls.
Awlerbanner.png
Zavana nodded to the guild leader trying to ignore the lump that was slowing growing in the back of her throat. Whatever was in thist stuff must have been awful if she was already feeling sick. "I'll go do that. I'll be back soon." With that she flew towards the kitchen hoping to find some salt to wash the goo off with. Hopefully once the sticky, slimy feeling was off her scales she'll start to feel a bit better.

~~~~~~~

Corlan tilted his head to the side as he listened to Mulberry's announcement. "Good thing I did not try and get this off yet." He took a step forward hearing the goo squish under his feet again. He wasn't much of a fire breather but even if he was doing so inside would be a bad idea. Looks like he'd be going to the kitchens for some salt water.

@inkatil
Zavana nodded to the guild leader trying to ignore the lump that was slowing growing in the back of her throat. Whatever was in thist stuff must have been awful if she was already feeling sick. "I'll go do that. I'll be back soon." With that she flew towards the kitchen hoping to find some salt to wash the goo off with. Hopefully once the sticky, slimy feeling was off her scales she'll start to feel a bit better.

~~~~~~~

Corlan tilted his head to the side as he listened to Mulberry's announcement. "Good thing I did not try and get this off yet." He took a step forward hearing the goo squish under his feet again. He wasn't much of a fire breather but even if he was doing so inside would be a bad idea. Looks like he'd be going to the kitchens for some salt water.

@inkatil
Grand Guild

Cloud huffed and looked around maybe she could put something on fire to burn away most of it?
she glanced toward the room she was in before where the fae was shouting....what would happen if she gave the goo a little spark?she smiled and sat down,she lifts her front legs and began to take off one of the gloves,she wouldnt want to burn something down!
she gathered some goo in her other begloved paw and dropped it down on it to see what would happen.
The slime began to shudder and move as she saw the electricity go through.
the slime darkened and suddenly exploded which was to say quite loudly too,she started at her paw clean from slime after the explosion,she shrugged and looked around...perhaps no one saw that...

Oddddballlllssssssssss
@inkatil (( yeah like first they are punching eachother then they are violently kissing eachother!))
Taiga smiled at the outburst and tilted her head ''well it looks bad'' she swiftly plucked out sugar and put it down on place uncluttered by slime but still would not mess with the cooking she turned to the speaker as the announce ment came,she frowned ''yeah you mean like all the time?'' she grumbled quietly and turned to lemi.
her question was interessting taiga began to inspect the parts she could see,she raised an eyebrow at the annoyance ''yeah appearently the tip of my tail did not go unscated i cant tell about the other parts since i cant sea them but oh well my eyes are not for that kinda fin'' she grumbled and shrugged '' tell me if you sea any on me'' she looked at the salt ''perhaps we should clean out this place? fire or water?'' she tilted her head fire would be quick but could the room take it?
Grand Guild

Cloud huffed and looked around maybe she could put something on fire to burn away most of it?
she glanced toward the room she was in before where the fae was shouting....what would happen if she gave the goo a little spark?she smiled and sat down,she lifts her front legs and began to take off one of the gloves,she wouldnt want to burn something down!
she gathered some goo in her other begloved paw and dropped it down on it to see what would happen.
The slime began to shudder and move as she saw the electricity go through.
the slime darkened and suddenly exploded which was to say quite loudly too,she started at her paw clean from slime after the explosion,she shrugged and looked around...perhaps no one saw that...

Oddddballlllssssssssss
@inkatil (( yeah like first they are punching eachother then they are violently kissing eachother!))
Taiga smiled at the outburst and tilted her head ''well it looks bad'' she swiftly plucked out sugar and put it down on place uncluttered by slime but still would not mess with the cooking she turned to the speaker as the announce ment came,she frowned ''yeah you mean like all the time?'' she grumbled quietly and turned to lemi.
her question was interessting taiga began to inspect the parts she could see,she raised an eyebrow at the annoyance ''yeah appearently the tip of my tail did not go unscated i cant tell about the other parts since i cant sea them but oh well my eyes are not for that kinda fin'' she grumbled and shrugged '' tell me if you sea any on me'' she looked at the salt ''perhaps we should clean out this place? fire or water?'' she tilted her head fire would be quick but could the room take it?
iZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.png
He wasn't sure how long it had been, but Ophion awoke with a daze as light hit his violet eyes. Upon finding his body not twisted into loops and knots, he sat up, flapping his wings and taking in a few deep breaths, his injuries gone.
"Mulberry!" he chirped excitedly. "I don't know what you did, but I'm okay, I'm okay!" Leaping off the cot, promptly losing his footing and falling flat on his face, the spiral recovered quickly as a spiral does and bounded out the door. "Anyone around?"

((Sorry its so short and sorry I've been absent! I've recently had surgery on top of many things, so at the very least I'll have some time to reply!))
He wasn't sure how long it had been, but Ophion awoke with a daze as light hit his violet eyes. Upon finding his body not twisted into loops and knots, he sat up, flapping his wings and taking in a few deep breaths, his injuries gone.
"Mulberry!" he chirped excitedly. "I don't know what you did, but I'm okay, I'm okay!" Leaping off the cot, promptly losing his footing and falling flat on his face, the spiral recovered quickly as a spiral does and bounded out the door. "Anyone around?"

((Sorry its so short and sorry I've been absent! I've recently had surgery on top of many things, so at the very least I'll have some time to reply!))
windsingerborder.jpg[/center]
@Horace
(I'm sorry to hear you needed to have a surgery. Are you okay?)

Satisfied that he had enough information Morbus dove from rooftop to rooftop until coming back to the guild. Careful not to end up in the slime again he carefully wound his way back into the window from whence he’d come. It dawned on him that not only had he gotten slime in his talon but in his rented chest as well. So far nothing had come of it, so perhaps the worst was over. He slunk back into the infirmary.
“Seems other dragons have figured out how to take care of the sludge also. It came out of a fancy building a few blocks up. The place looks a mess.” He reported dully. A certain springy Spiral was now up and out of his cot. Morbus blinked. Should he apologize? It didn’t seem like Ophion was still busted up.

No, Morbus, just no. If you start talking to him now he’ll never leave you alone. Morbus was about to turn and leave when he thought about what Mulberry had said earlier. He was part of their coalition, group, guild, whatever they wanted to call themselves. That meant that Ophion was as well. If this were a Mirror coalition…we’re only as strong as the weakest amongst us…Mirrors were not known to be the most civil but they did treat their wounded. Unless of course…you were too injured to be healed in good order. Often Mirrors abandoned those that were no longer able and would take too long to heal. He’d seen it happen on more than one occasion. So, swallowing his pride he approached Ophion cautiously, folding his wings in tightly as he walked.

“Looks like you’re in one piece.” He said. Perhaps not the kindest way of saying ‘sorry I tried to make you explode’ but, it was the best his pride would allow.
@Horace
(I'm sorry to hear you needed to have a surgery. Are you okay?)

Satisfied that he had enough information Morbus dove from rooftop to rooftop until coming back to the guild. Careful not to end up in the slime again he carefully wound his way back into the window from whence he’d come. It dawned on him that not only had he gotten slime in his talon but in his rented chest as well. So far nothing had come of it, so perhaps the worst was over. He slunk back into the infirmary.
“Seems other dragons have figured out how to take care of the sludge also. It came out of a fancy building a few blocks up. The place looks a mess.” He reported dully. A certain springy Spiral was now up and out of his cot. Morbus blinked. Should he apologize? It didn’t seem like Ophion was still busted up.

No, Morbus, just no. If you start talking to him now he’ll never leave you alone. Morbus was about to turn and leave when he thought about what Mulberry had said earlier. He was part of their coalition, group, guild, whatever they wanted to call themselves. That meant that Ophion was as well. If this were a Mirror coalition…we’re only as strong as the weakest amongst us…Mirrors were not known to be the most civil but they did treat their wounded. Unless of course…you were too injured to be healed in good order. Often Mirrors abandoned those that were no longer able and would take too long to heal. He’d seen it happen on more than one occasion. So, swallowing his pride he approached Ophion cautiously, folding his wings in tightly as he walked.

“Looks like you’re in one piece.” He said. Perhaps not the kindest way of saying ‘sorry I tried to make you explode’ but, it was the best his pride would allow.
Awlerbanner.png
@RxKx (Perfectly fine, as you've seen in my PM. XD Groggy, but alright.)

"Still kickin'," he said with a grin. "Good to see you back here! I was afraid you'd never show up again after walking off like that." Ophion fluttered about like an excited humming bird. "You're looking well!"

Giving his wings a stretch and flexing his claws, he continued to speak as if he had five minutes to say anything he wanted for the rest of his life. "I dunno what Mulberry did, but she fixed me up pretty good! Do you know where anyone else is, by the way? I've been out for a while, so heck if I know anything!" A swish of his spearheaded tail and a smile spread over his face, no dragon would have guessed he had shattered a few bones. "What's goin' on around here? Did I miss a lot?"
@RxKx (Perfectly fine, as you've seen in my PM. XD Groggy, but alright.)

"Still kickin'," he said with a grin. "Good to see you back here! I was afraid you'd never show up again after walking off like that." Ophion fluttered about like an excited humming bird. "You're looking well!"

Giving his wings a stretch and flexing his claws, he continued to speak as if he had five minutes to say anything he wanted for the rest of his life. "I dunno what Mulberry did, but she fixed me up pretty good! Do you know where anyone else is, by the way? I've been out for a while, so heck if I know anything!" A swish of his spearheaded tail and a smile spread over his face, no dragon would have guessed he had shattered a few bones. "What's goin' on around here? Did I miss a lot?"
@Horace

Morbus cleared his throat.
“As well as can be expected” he mumbled, glancing at the ground. Just as before the rapid fire was off. Morbus was yet again wondering why he kept opening the floodgates. Well, at least this time he couldn’t hear Ophion. Of course it did make it a little more difficult to follow what he was saying when all Morbus could do was read Ophion’s face. “Well…long story short some dangerous ooze exploded over everything in town and backed up through the basement here…and it’s mildly dangerous so don’t touch it if you can avoid it.” He warned, squaring his shoulders. “The only way to get rid of it is with fire or salt water apparently so…it looks like we’re on cleanup duty to get this stuff out of her before more-” Morbus stopped himself, shaking his head. “-it just needs to be cleaned up.” He certainly wasn’t sad that he’d be burning the stuff. Granted it was a poor revenge but it was the best he had.
@Horace

Morbus cleared his throat.
“As well as can be expected” he mumbled, glancing at the ground. Just as before the rapid fire was off. Morbus was yet again wondering why he kept opening the floodgates. Well, at least this time he couldn’t hear Ophion. Of course it did make it a little more difficult to follow what he was saying when all Morbus could do was read Ophion’s face. “Well…long story short some dangerous ooze exploded over everything in town and backed up through the basement here…and it’s mildly dangerous so don’t touch it if you can avoid it.” He warned, squaring his shoulders. “The only way to get rid of it is with fire or salt water apparently so…it looks like we’re on cleanup duty to get this stuff out of her before more-” Morbus stopped himself, shaking his head. “-it just needs to be cleaned up.” He certainly wasn’t sad that he’d be burning the stuff. Granted it was a poor revenge but it was the best he had.
Awlerbanner.png
@RxKx

"Fire or salt water for dangerous ooze, got it!" he chirped. "Dangerous how? Does it turn you into a different breed or something? Does it change your genes?" Tilting his head upon realising Morbus wasn't exactly listening to him blather, Ophion snapped his jaws shut, retaining his goofy grin all the while. If anything, the mirror had saved his life after nearly obliterating him, so the least he could do was shut up for a spell.

Looking past the mirror, his eyes could see the remnants of slime on the floor in puddles of water and scorch marks. Upon seeing what they were up against, he couldn't help but grimace a bit. But after all, it didn't appear that insane mutations were spawning which gave Ophion more than enough solace to get him back in gear to help out.
@RxKx

"Fire or salt water for dangerous ooze, got it!" he chirped. "Dangerous how? Does it turn you into a different breed or something? Does it change your genes?" Tilting his head upon realising Morbus wasn't exactly listening to him blather, Ophion snapped his jaws shut, retaining his goofy grin all the while. If anything, the mirror had saved his life after nearly obliterating him, so the least he could do was shut up for a spell.

Looking past the mirror, his eyes could see the remnants of slime on the floor in puddles of water and scorch marks. Upon seeing what they were up against, he couldn't help but grimace a bit. But after all, it didn't appear that insane mutations were spawning which gave Ophion more than enough solace to get him back in gear to help out.
@Horace

Morbus gave Ophion a stunned look. He’d hit the nail right on the head and while unintentional it still caught him by surprise. Morbus supposed being honest in this case would be a better idea even if uncomfortable. The last thing he needed was Ophion getting slimed and then coming back in with two heads. Could you imagine the jabber? Morbus might’ve laughed at the image if he were alone, but his stoicism maintained. He lowered his crests bearing his information in mind.
“Actually…yeah. Changing your genes is…well…” Morbus dropped his gaze. “So far we’ve determined it was meant to harm plague dragons…” Reluctantly Morbus unfurled his wings to display his new decorations about which he wasn’t very pleased. “That doesn’t mean it won’t do the same to you. It’s made Kinra ill so I endorse caution.” If he’d had good sense he wouldn’t have practically gone swimming in it himself. Well, he couldn’t have predicted it would’ve sloshed out at him and Kinra who was now sick to her stomach.
@Horace

Morbus gave Ophion a stunned look. He’d hit the nail right on the head and while unintentional it still caught him by surprise. Morbus supposed being honest in this case would be a better idea even if uncomfortable. The last thing he needed was Ophion getting slimed and then coming back in with two heads. Could you imagine the jabber? Morbus might’ve laughed at the image if he were alone, but his stoicism maintained. He lowered his crests bearing his information in mind.
“Actually…yeah. Changing your genes is…well…” Morbus dropped his gaze. “So far we’ve determined it was meant to harm plague dragons…” Reluctantly Morbus unfurled his wings to display his new decorations about which he wasn’t very pleased. “That doesn’t mean it won’t do the same to you. It’s made Kinra ill so I endorse caution.” If he’d had good sense he wouldn’t have practically gone swimming in it himself. Well, he couldn’t have predicted it would’ve sloshed out at him and Kinra who was now sick to her stomach.
Awlerbanner.png
Once Niva cleaned up her office she levitated 50 pounds of salt, grain by grain, and flew over to the religious nut job's room. As she got closer the door flung open and another slew of slime poured out. Having prepared herself for this kind of thing Niva hurled the salt into the room and shut the door again. When the goo flowing out from it was no longer green she flew inside.

Illusierra was busy trying to figure out how to stop the flow when her room was flooded with salt. She turned to look at the source and a fae fluttered in.

"Ilusierra. Please explain why there is goo flowing out of the grand guild." She demanded, the irritation was clear even in the monotone voice. Illusierra began to command her out the fae spoke over her.
"If the explanation is not satisfactory then things will become problematic."
"Well, I don't see-" Ilusierra stammered.
"For you" It added.

The two of them stared at each other for quite some time. Niva for damage control, Ilusierra for being slighted. The stand off stayed that way until ilusierra looked away, a little surprised that a tiny fae could have such nettle. She looked away feeling a little sick. "It was an experiment gone awry and a running faucet." She said mutedly as she pointed to a bathroom where more sludge was flowing out. She noted that when the sludge met the salted mixture it turned brown and became foul smelling. "I cannot go inside and shut it off"
Once Niva cleaned up her office she levitated 50 pounds of salt, grain by grain, and flew over to the religious nut job's room. As she got closer the door flung open and another slew of slime poured out. Having prepared herself for this kind of thing Niva hurled the salt into the room and shut the door again. When the goo flowing out from it was no longer green she flew inside.

Illusierra was busy trying to figure out how to stop the flow when her room was flooded with salt. She turned to look at the source and a fae fluttered in.

"Ilusierra. Please explain why there is goo flowing out of the grand guild." She demanded, the irritation was clear even in the monotone voice. Illusierra began to command her out the fae spoke over her.
"If the explanation is not satisfactory then things will become problematic."
"Well, I don't see-" Ilusierra stammered.
"For you" It added.

The two of them stared at each other for quite some time. Niva for damage control, Ilusierra for being slighted. The stand off stayed that way until ilusierra looked away, a little surprised that a tiny fae could have such nettle. She looked away feeling a little sick. "It was an experiment gone awry and a running faucet." She said mutedly as she pointed to a bathroom where more sludge was flowing out. She noted that when the sludge met the salted mixture it turned brown and became foul smelling. "I cannot go inside and shut it off"
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48