Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Fairground Game: Color Water Sort
1 2 3
[quote name="Sethlolz" date="2022-12-20 23:29:32" ] @/Shenzai I've tried 2 separate apps for these kinds of games, and you've heard correctly; they literally do an add between EVERY time you play. Finish a level and moving on to the next one? Add. Gotta re-do a level? Add. It's stupidly tedious. [/quote] ughhhh yes. They look so relaxing and then when you actually play, a) the difficulty ramps up really fast and then plateaus?? and b) so many ads. I have an adblocker on my phone and the ads STILL get through. And lately the app I have hasn't been working at all, and I suspect the ads are to blame somehow. I don't know *how*, but I blame them. I would love an ad-free and [i]actually[/i] relaxingly simple version of those puzzles here. Another side note: While most of them do use some sort of liquid pour, which I do think would be cool and could be flavored in any of the ways above, they don't all do that! Some sort colored orbs, and I've even seen ads for a similar game where you sort birds. So really, anything could be put into a game like that, depending on the flavor you want!
Sethlolz wrote on 2022-12-20 23:29:32:
@/Shenzai I've tried 2 separate apps for these kinds of games, and you've heard correctly; they literally do an add between EVERY time you play. Finish a level and moving on to the next one? Add. Gotta re-do a level? Add. It's stupidly tedious.
ughhhh yes. They look so relaxing and then when you actually play, a) the difficulty ramps up really fast and then plateaus?? and b) so many ads. I have an adblocker on my phone and the ads STILL get through. And lately the app I have hasn't been working at all, and I suspect the ads are to blame somehow. I don't know *how*, but I blame them. I would love an ad-free and actually relaxingly simple version of those puzzles here.

Another side note: While most of them do use some sort of liquid pour, which I do think would be cool and could be flavored in any of the ways above, they don't all do that! Some sort colored orbs, and I've even seen ads for a similar game where you sort birds. So really, anything could be put into a game like that, depending on the flavor you want!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask i really like that intrusive advertising has been brought up, because it is one of the things i love the most about FR and why i spend so much time in the Fairgrounds! Don't get me wrong, the games we currently have are fun, but i think a game like i've suggested can only add to the site, y'know? I didn't know about the birds thing, but the orbs are familiar! Perhaps the site could re-use the Flight-Specific-Orbs for this more potion-sorting-themed game? Seems like it'd be easier on the staff to work on! [emoji=coatl love size=1]
@Leopardmask i really like that intrusive advertising has been brought up, because it is one of the things i love the most about FR and why i spend so much time in the Fairgrounds! Don't get me wrong, the games we currently have are fun, but i think a game like i've suggested can only add to the site, y'know?

I didn't know about the birds thing, but the orbs are familiar! Perhaps the site could re-use the Flight-Specific-Orbs for this more potion-sorting-themed game? Seems like it'd be easier on the staff to work on!
NN9NPXA.pngqa67smW.png
bYt72YT.pngJ8QoPxT.png
gzlHZ53.png8GgdVkW.png
oNrZjs5.pngC93BkRv.png
qGabqd5.pngXnaLQeW.png
u1wgsSN.pngOBrKa68.png
→→→
New
Breed:
Rolls!
→→→
BB44nzI.png
[quote name="Houndstooth" date="2022-12-21 14:45:29" ] support! a petsite i play had a game like this as part of their holiday festivities (with textures!!!) and quite frankly i would be playing it until my brain explodes if i didn't have things like a job and laundry that i needed to do [/quote] Final Outpost? I've been so, so obsessed with that lately. It's got a nice difficulty scaling, from just two colors to ten(?) or something, but it isn't really harder, it just takes more time. They also have very vibrant colors with very contrasting textures, so colorblindness is not an issue. Plus, no lengthy pouring animation or ad every game (yeah, I've tried the games too. waste of space). FR having something like this would be absolutely amazing! I might give up G&G for days just to play this.
Houndstooth wrote on 2022-12-21 14:45:29:
support! a petsite i play had a game like this as part of their holiday festivities (with textures!!!) and quite frankly i would be playing it until my brain explodes if i didn't have things like a job and laundry that i needed to do
Final Outpost? I've been so, so obsessed with that lately. It's got a nice difficulty scaling, from just two colors to ten(?) or something, but it isn't really harder, it just takes more time. They also have very vibrant colors with very contrasting textures, so colorblindness is not an issue. Plus, no lengthy pouring animation or ad every game (yeah, I've tried the games too. waste of space). FR having something like this would be absolutely amazing! I might give up G&G for days just to play this.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
I absolutely love this game in theory, get ads for it when playing solitaire all the time but I never download them because they either look sketchy or reviews say it’s not at all how it’s described in the ad :( Super support having a game like this on FR, it fits with the Baldwin theme so it makes sense for the site and I would love nothing more than to sort colors into tubes for an hour :D
I absolutely love this game in theory, get ads for it when playing solitaire all the time but I never download them because they either look sketchy or reviews say it’s not at all how it’s described in the ad :( Super support having a game like this on FR, it fits with the Baldwin theme so it makes sense for the site and I would love nothing more than to sort colors into tubes for an hour :D
RPMyHZU.pngMUYNhfy.pngRPMyHZU.png

WKtl2lb.pngUU9vIu2.pngkBHm00y.pngrix3ppo.png
[quote name="Zikitty" date="2022-12-26 01:03:40" ] [quote name="Houndstooth" date="2022-12-21 14:45:29" ] support! a petsite i play had a game like this as part of their holiday festivities (with textures!!!) and quite frankly i would be playing it until my brain explodes if i didn't have things like a job and laundry that i needed to do [/quote] Final Outpost? I've been so, so obsessed with that lately. It's got a nice difficulty scaling, from just two colors to ten(?) or something, but it isn't really harder, it just takes more time. They also have very vibrant colors with very contrasting textures, so colorblindness is not an issue. Plus, no lengthy pouring animation or ad every game (yeah, I've tried the games too. waste of space). FR having something like this would be absolutely amazing! I might give up G&G for days just to play this. [/quote] omg yes!! it was The Final Outpost! Haha, i figured folks on here would play that too, but didn't really expect to run into someone xD but yes, what you said! the textures and colors they put in their sort game are awesome, and i'd love a game that's as chill as mistral mahjong, but not as time-consuming
Zikitty wrote on 2022-12-26 01:03:40:
support! a petsite i play had a game like this as part of their holiday festivities (with textures!!!) and quite frankly i would be playing it until my brain explodes if i didn't have things like a job and laundry that i needed to do
Final Outpost? I've been so, so obsessed with that lately. It's got a nice difficulty scaling, from just two colors to ten(?) or something, but it isn't really harder, it just takes more time. They also have very vibrant colors with very contrasting textures, so colorblindness is not an issue. Plus, no lengthy pouring animation or ad every game (yeah, I've tried the games too. waste of space). FR having something like this would be absolutely amazing! I might give up G&G for days just to play this.
omg yes!! it was The Final Outpost! Haha, i figured folks on here would play that too, but didn't really expect to run into someone xD

but yes, what you said! the textures and colors they put in their sort game are awesome, and i'd love a game that's as chill as mistral mahjong, but not as time-consuming
ring_clear_the_bells_of_ecruteak_fr_sig_size_by_arkinine-dck2tke.png
[quote name="Houndstooth" date="2022-12-21 14:45:29" ] i'd love a game that's as chill as mistral mahjong, but not as time-consuming [/quote] Yee, that's exactly why i pitched this idea! Cuz Mistral Mahjong is fantastic, but it'd be nice to have a second "vibe game" in my opinion, and color water sorting games haven't failed me yet!
i'd love a game that's as chill as mistral mahjong, but not as time-consuming
Yee, that's exactly why i pitched this idea! Cuz Mistral Mahjong is fantastic, but it'd be nice to have a second "vibe game" in my opinion, and color water sorting games haven't failed me yet!
NN9NPXA.pngqa67smW.png
bYt72YT.pngJ8QoPxT.png
gzlHZ53.png8GgdVkW.png
oNrZjs5.pngC93BkRv.png
qGabqd5.pngXnaLQeW.png
u1wgsSN.pngOBrKa68.png
→→→
New
Breed:
Rolls!
→→→
BB44nzI.png
Support:)))) I absolutely love such a game and would love to see it in FR!
Support:)))) I absolutely love such a game and would love to see it in FR!
swan.gif
SpeckledNightSky
WKtl2lb.png
5nygeWH.png
mlHpBMC.png
ezgif-4-7712918976d1.gif Bonsai-gif-1.gif
SUPPORT!!! I have a mobile version of this called SortPuz (which I do highly recommend, it's much better than its clones) and as a lab rat it makes me very happy to play. plus it should be fairly easy to code and implement.
SUPPORT!!! I have a mobile version of this called SortPuz (which I do highly recommend, it's much better than its clones) and as a lab rat it makes me very happy to play. plus it should be fairly easy to code and implement.
3959nUh.png
1 2 3