Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | talk about your craft projects with me?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@dumptruckfails
you're blanket is beautiful!! i'm so obsessed with the color choices and the shell stitch stitch you used! baby blankets are sosososo special. i love the impact receiving a baby blanket can have on a child. it's such a positive memory for the child and can be loved so many years into the future! i still have the quilted baby blanket my aunt made for me, it's probably one of my most precious possessions
@dumptruckfails
you're blanket is beautiful!! i'm so obsessed with the color choices and the shell stitch stitch you used! baby blankets are sosososo special. i love the impact receiving a baby blanket can have on a child. it's such a positive memory for the child and can be loved so many years into the future! i still have the quilted baby blanket my aunt made for me, it's probably one of my most precious possessions
she/her
Does writing project count? Becouse I've done two writing months back to back. I'd like to talk about 'em if someone cares.
Does writing project count? Becouse I've done two writing months back to back. I'd like to talk about 'em if someone cares.
MoOtdMJ.png
Hoo boy... I have a bunch of abandoned projects that I ought to pick up again... but no energy :/ Theres this stretchy, ribbed velvet vest I made, started to embroider it and print silver moons on the shiny blue fabric for the lining - but I havent done anything with it for months (: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/814149516319391764/1050023037593993267/IMG_20221207_1314372672.jpg[/img]
Hoo boy... I have a bunch of abandoned projects that I ought to pick up again... but no energy :/
Theres this stretchy, ribbed velvet vest I made, started to embroider it and print silver moons on the shiny blue fabric for the lining - but I havent done anything with it for months (:

IMG_20221207_1314372672.jpg

hatchery
about
__ 8b7ebf2a5c36f2f1595e1e348acc0a6dabf99826.png

coli teams 4 newbies!
oldies 4 sale
level 25 sales
I've been trying to make a Hynerpeton/prehistoric amphibian plush with a self-made pattern, but the problem is time and motivation
I've been trying to make a Hynerpeton/prehistoric amphibian plush with a self-made pattern, but the problem is time and motivation
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
Once my dino mask comes in x mas ima turn it into an Odogaron cosplay
Once my dino mask comes in x mas ima turn it into an Odogaron cosplay
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
I finished a giant latchhook last year that I made of my own design, and I'm trying to get myself to finish off the edges so I can actually display it properly. Instead of sitting on my shelf being an impromptu bed for my cats >>.

May do another one in the future, it was fun to make! Took an insane amount of time but worth it :}. But first, I need to finish this one. And then I also have to finish setting up my cabochon work bench in my garage, but I can't do much work with that when it gets below freezing anyway (the machine requires water).
I finished a giant latchhook last year that I made of my own design, and I'm trying to get myself to finish off the edges so I can actually display it properly. Instead of sitting on my shelf being an impromptu bed for my cats >>.

May do another one in the future, it was fun to make! Took an insane amount of time but worth it :}. But first, I need to finish this one. And then I also have to finish setting up my cabochon work bench in my garage, but I can't do much work with that when it gets below freezing anyway (the machine requires water).
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
Current stilts project is creating my own suitable idea of owl/birds! It seems like it has enough support, but you never know. Now ones that have been physically worked on would be goat ones, but I let them rest in an area for months (I'll come back to them...hopefully) Other than that I cannot do the other art projects I wish to do till a few years passes first unless you count random paintings
Current stilts project is creating my own suitable idea of owl/birds! It seems like it has enough support, but you never know. Now ones that have been physically worked on would be goat ones, but I let them rest in an area for months (I'll come back to them...hopefully) Other than that I cannot do the other art projects I wish to do till a few years passes first unless you count random paintings
ll0CfnD.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
@UnseenCrow
I'd love to hear about your writing projects!!^^
@UnseenCrow
I'd love to hear about your writing projects!!^^
she/her
@soymylk

Well...
I did not wanna create world, so I used Etharis out of Grim Hollow books.

It is about young man, Jomar Half-strength. He hears his sister, Reginlief Twiceborn, has gone missing amids a raid. And he goes looking for her. Same time he sees how these raids his people, the Valikan, destroys things. He meets new people, mainly Khelum, a seafolk priest to some long forgotten sea diety, and Rebeca, changeling puppet out of Burach empire.

Jomar is called Half-strength becouse he has lost his left arm. But on the trip stuff hapens, and he gets chosen by an eldritch horror who 'gifts' him a new arm... a tentacle which he can kinda call when needed, but it can appear when he is stressed enough.

As said, Khelum is a priest of an eldritch abomination in the sea. He can read minds and sea the future... somewhat. There is also a problem of he having his sisters soul trapped in his body, trying to become more dominant soul and peraonality.

Rebeca is oldest of the trio. A surgeon, scientist and a rogue. She has most book learning benefits. Also, as she can easily glamor herself as a child, she can usually go to places where a massive onehanded man or weird gray-eyed pike-perch person.

I'm currently in a bit of a slump. Should move story on but O just don't know how.
@soymylk

Well...
I did not wanna create world, so I used Etharis out of Grim Hollow books.

It is about young man, Jomar Half-strength. He hears his sister, Reginlief Twiceborn, has gone missing amids a raid. And he goes looking for her. Same time he sees how these raids his people, the Valikan, destroys things. He meets new people, mainly Khelum, a seafolk priest to some long forgotten sea diety, and Rebeca, changeling puppet out of Burach empire.

Jomar is called Half-strength becouse he has lost his left arm. But on the trip stuff hapens, and he gets chosen by an eldritch horror who 'gifts' him a new arm... a tentacle which he can kinda call when needed, but it can appear when he is stressed enough.

As said, Khelum is a priest of an eldritch abomination in the sea. He can read minds and sea the future... somewhat. There is also a problem of he having his sisters soul trapped in his body, trying to become more dominant soul and peraonality.

Rebeca is oldest of the trio. A surgeon, scientist and a rogue. She has most book learning benefits. Also, as she can easily glamor herself as a child, she can usually go to places where a massive onehanded man or weird gray-eyed pike-perch person.

I'm currently in a bit of a slump. Should move story on but O just don't know how.
MoOtdMJ.png
@ soymylk, are you on Ravelry yet? I can only assume your co-workers told you about it, but I'm mentioning it in case they did not! So many patterns. SO. Many. Patterns. I recommend! Plus its just a nice space to have to look at photos of your past work and see how much you've evolved in your craft! I would love to learn to crochet better. I was taught how to knit by one of my friends and I picked it up extremely easily, but I'm not great at teaching myself new skills. I've done some single loop crochet things as practice, but I just can't figure out patterns at all >_< Some daaaaaay. I should just take a class on it, honestly. I'm a social knitter so I don't like to knit just on my own. I started a wrap just before Covid hit and as such, I've only picked it up a couple times since 2020 to work on it, but its technically my 'current project', lol. Let's see if I can get a picture to show up.... [img]https://images4-g.ravelrycache.com/uploads/knottynorth/685531558/20200302_151839-01_medium2.png[/img] Someday I'll finish it.... [i]some day[/i].
@ soymylk, are you on Ravelry yet? I can only assume your co-workers told you about it, but I'm mentioning it in case they did not! So many patterns. SO. Many. Patterns. I recommend! Plus its just a nice space to have to look at photos of your past work and see how much you've evolved in your craft!

I would love to learn to crochet better. I was taught how to knit by one of my friends and I picked it up extremely easily, but I'm not great at teaching myself new skills. I've done some single loop crochet things as practice, but I just can't figure out patterns at all >_< Some daaaaaay. I should just take a class on it, honestly.

I'm a social knitter so I don't like to knit just on my own. I started a wrap just before Covid hit and as such, I've only picked it up a couple times since 2020 to work on it, but its technically my 'current project', lol. Let's see if I can get a picture to show up....

20200302_151839-01_medium2.png

Someday I'll finish it.... some day.
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

female · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
1 2 3 4 5 6 7