Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Separate account activity from -
1 2 3 4
Support. I don't mind the marker enough to make my profile invisible but if I could turn it off by itself I would.

When they showed the update I actually thought the marker would be a "has been active in the past 2 weeks" or something thing, not "is active right now". The former would at least have been useful for knowing if someone's Lair is dead or if they just don't feed their dragons, but this serves no purpose in my view.
Support. I don't mind the marker enough to make my profile invisible but if I could turn it off by itself I would.

When they showed the update I actually thought the marker would be a "has been active in the past 2 weeks" or something thing, not "is active right now". The former would at least have been useful for knowing if someone's Lair is dead or if they just don't feed their dragons, but this serves no purpose in my view.
Support, please. I might not be able to reply to someone right away for a number of different reasons:
  • I might not always have the time/energy. There are times I only have maybe 10 minutes to get on before I have to leave, and I’m absolutely going to prioritize feeding my dragons and incubating nests over trying to come up with a reply to someone.
  • I tend to play on mobile first thing in the morning, then hop on my laptop later in the day. Trying to write up a reply on mobile is very difficult, especially if a) one or both messages is super long, or b) you’re like me and typing on mobile is tricky/painful.
  • Different focus. Sometimes I just want to coli or G&G, and I don’t check my notifications when I’m doing either of those.
  • I’m one of those people who has FR constantly up on several tabs. I don’t know how the status tracker works when you’re focused on a different tab, but I don’t want someone to think I’m available when I haven’t even touched the site in hours.
  • I have joint issues. There are times when I physically cannot type, either on mobile or a keyboard, without being in serious pain.
  • I may not know that someone responded to me. I get a lot of notifications, to the point where if I haven’t been pinged, I can almost guarantee you that I will not see your response. Even then, I have been known to miss pings. Add to that mispings or people forgetting to ping me (there’s a reason why I don’t roleplay on the forums anymore), and I may have no clue someone’s even expecting a response. Even with PMs, I try not to read them unless I know I have the time and energy to respond right away, but mistakes happen. Plus, I might not realize I have a new PM right away.

Honestly, I actually had a very similar situation happen recently on Discord. Someone accused me of ignoring them because I have Discord constantly open on my computer, and was too busy doing something else to respond right away. I could absolutely see something similar happening here.

Edit: Spelling. Thank you autocorrect.
Support, please. I might not be able to reply to someone right away for a number of different reasons:
  • I might not always have the time/energy. There are times I only have maybe 10 minutes to get on before I have to leave, and I’m absolutely going to prioritize feeding my dragons and incubating nests over trying to come up with a reply to someone.
  • I tend to play on mobile first thing in the morning, then hop on my laptop later in the day. Trying to write up a reply on mobile is very difficult, especially if a) one or both messages is super long, or b) you’re like me and typing on mobile is tricky/painful.
  • Different focus. Sometimes I just want to coli or G&G, and I don’t check my notifications when I’m doing either of those.
  • I’m one of those people who has FR constantly up on several tabs. I don’t know how the status tracker works when you’re focused on a different tab, but I don’t want someone to think I’m available when I haven’t even touched the site in hours.
  • I have joint issues. There are times when I physically cannot type, either on mobile or a keyboard, without being in serious pain.
  • I may not know that someone responded to me. I get a lot of notifications, to the point where if I haven’t been pinged, I can almost guarantee you that I will not see your response. Even then, I have been known to miss pings. Add to that mispings or people forgetting to ping me (there’s a reason why I don’t roleplay on the forums anymore), and I may have no clue someone’s even expecting a response. Even with PMs, I try not to read them unless I know I have the time and energy to respond right away, but mistakes happen. Plus, I might not realize I have a new PM right away.

Honestly, I actually had a very similar situation happen recently on Discord. Someone accused me of ignoring them because I have Discord constantly open on my computer, and was too busy doing something else to respond right away. I could absolutely see something similar happening here.

Edit: Spelling. Thank you autocorrect.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Support. That's one of the first things I do with a new account anywhere, turn off the 'show when I'm online' option.

And tbh I'm slightly sorry I did on FR since as a new player I missed out on any kind of welcome efforts and since I didn't visit the forums for probably 6 months, I could have maybe had a better time as a newbie. But people being able directly to see I'm online just makes me uncomfortable and less likely to stick around, so it stays off.
Support. That's one of the first things I do with a new account anywhere, turn off the 'show when I'm online' option.

And tbh I'm slightly sorry I did on FR since as a new player I missed out on any kind of welcome efforts and since I didn't visit the forums for probably 6 months, I could have maybe had a better time as a newbie. But people being able directly to see I'm online just makes me uncomfortable and less likely to stick around, so it stays off.
support. i have no issue appearing in the active player list, as it's so large that if i'm not using the site for a couple minutes i'll disappear, but activity markers on my profile make me uncomfortable. in essence, if someone happens upon me being active i don't mind, but i don't like someone being able to track exactly when i'm online.
support. i have no issue appearing in the active player list, as it's so large that if i'm not using the site for a couple minutes i'll disappear, but activity markers on my profile make me uncomfortable. in essence, if someone happens upon me being active i don't mind, but i don't like someone being able to track exactly when i'm online.
If it hard to code separate toggle for status just add toggle that make profile marker invisible
If it hard to code separate toggle for status just add toggle that make profile marker invisible

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Hold on, does Active mean currently online, does it? I assumed it was an indicator of whether someone currently counted as an active player, e.g. for Dom.

Well, that's less useful to me than I thought it was. I've been checking it to see whether or not people were on hiatus at the moment.

Hold on, does Active mean currently online, does it? I assumed it was an indicator of whether someone currently counted as an active player, e.g. for Dom.

Well, that's less useful to me than I thought it was. I've been checking it to see whether or not people were on hiatus at the moment.

tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
Support. I have personally never had issues with my activity status but I can totally see how others might.
Support. I have personally never had issues with my activity status but I can totally see how others might.
It's been almost 3 months and I'm still bitter about this. Activity markers, when suggested in the past, were almost universally hated. Pretty much every suggestion was met with no support

I understand that staff isn't going to go along with the whims of the playerbase, and in most cases I don't think they should, but introducing something 1. pointless, and 2. invasive all well saying you have to be either completely exposed or completely invisible kind of sucks

Would it really hurt to add in a third option for people who don't want to completely hide themselves? Would basic privacy settings that even the worst managed social media sites have be that hard to add?

I can't believe I just compared FR to social media, but this particular bit of the profile update really helped push it in a social media direction
It's been almost 3 months and I'm still bitter about this. Activity markers, when suggested in the past, were almost universally hated. Pretty much every suggestion was met with no support

I understand that staff isn't going to go along with the whims of the playerbase, and in most cases I don't think they should, but introducing something 1. pointless, and 2. invasive all well saying you have to be either completely exposed or completely invisible kind of sucks

Would it really hurt to add in a third option for people who don't want to completely hide themselves? Would basic privacy settings that even the worst managed social media sites have be that hard to add?

I can't believe I just compared FR to social media, but this particular bit of the profile update really helped push it in a social media direction
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Support. I hate online markers; they're awful. And also likely not accurate. Do you count as online if you're coli'ing but have no other tabs open? Nothing's in "real time" so you don't see you got a new PM if you coli with no refreshing in a long period, and if you show as "online", people couid think you're ignoring them.

I never minded showing in the list at all, since it's quite long and randomized in order I think? But I hate online markers and always turn them off immediately.
Support. I hate online markers; they're awful. And also likely not accurate. Do you count as online if you're coli'ing but have no other tabs open? Nothing's in "real time" so you don't see you got a new PM if you coli with no refreshing in a long period, and if you show as "online", people couid think you're ignoring them.

I never minded showing in the list at all, since it's quite long and randomized in order I think? But I hate online markers and always turn them off immediately.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Bumping this because it's been 6 months since the profile refactor and there's still only two visibility options and no indicator that they're thinking of adding more. I will continue to be bitter that I have to set my account to invisible in order to achieve something that should be considered basic privacy
Bumping this because it's been 6 months since the profile refactor and there's still only two visibility options and no indicator that they're thinking of adding more. I will continue to be bitter that I have to set my account to invisible in order to achieve something that should be considered basic privacy
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
1 2 3 4