Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Deepsea Dive
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 72 73
[quote name="Deorwine" date="2022-11-12 12:59:24" ] Can I say that the cloaks, while beautiful in design, are the most horrendous example of how to not do an apparel From quick view of the cloak on dragons in dressing room, *so* many.... I dont know if to call them mistakes or laziness Odd perspective in the hood area for so many dragons, the fur and horns on the head not even given 'seams' to poke through in the hood so the hood really just look like cardboard cutout, majority of the cloak just 'growing' on the dragon's wing membrane, no thought given to depth of the model/art of the dragon so the 'scales' of the cloak covers part of the dragon that perspective wise dont make sense (look at tundra male and pearlcatcher male, wing claws for the former and tail tuft + second horn disappearing/not connecting for the latter) I wanted to love these cloaks, I really did, but it doesnt look good on majority of the dragons; the only one who rocks them are Spirals, Imperial Female and to some extent Skydancers and Coatls? It would be lovely if the designs of these cloaks were revisited and adjusted, because they just dont really work rn. [/quote] thank you!! i see so many people objectively praising the cloaks but they just look... well really flat in some aspects (the colors are lovely, i'm mostly talking about the shape) and don't adhere to any kind of actual shape on some of the dragons (theyre literally just a lump on the spirals for example, dont even take the curves of their body into consideration) i always have this problem with arlo that a lot of the apparel looks very unfinished, the previous set has such bad shading and values that it all mashes together on any dragon with overlapping parts dont get me wrong - it's super cute and i adore the concept of the sea bunny/nudibranch hoodies but they really needed another couple of passes on some of the design aspects i think i think the problem with arlo is that they pack so much into the release that you can tell they overlooked some stuff in order to get it out in time, which i appreciate them wanting to constantly give us new content but i would rather wait for it than sacrifice quality
Deorwine wrote on 2022-11-12 12:59:24:
Can I say that the cloaks, while beautiful in design, are the most horrendous example of how to not do an apparel

From quick view of the cloak on dragons in dressing room, *so* many.... I dont know if to call them mistakes or laziness

Odd perspective in the hood area for so many dragons, the fur and horns on the head not even given 'seams' to poke through in the hood so the hood really just look like cardboard cutout, majority of the cloak just 'growing' on the dragon's wing membrane, no thought given to depth of the model/art of the dragon so the 'scales' of the cloak covers part of the dragon that perspective wise dont make sense (look at tundra male and pearlcatcher male, wing claws for the former and tail tuft + second horn disappearing/not connecting for the latter)

I wanted to love these cloaks, I really did, but it doesnt look good on majority of the dragons; the only one who rocks them are Spirals, Imperial Female and to some extent Skydancers and Coatls?

It would be lovely if the designs of these cloaks were revisited and adjusted, because they just dont really work rn.

thank you!! i see so many people objectively praising the cloaks but they just look... well really flat in some aspects (the colors are lovely, i'm mostly talking about the shape) and don't adhere to any kind of actual shape on some of the dragons (theyre literally just a lump on the spirals for example, dont even take the curves of their body into consideration)

i always have this problem with arlo that a lot of the apparel looks very unfinished, the previous set has such bad shading and values that it all mashes together on any dragon with overlapping parts

dont get me wrong - it's super cute and i adore the concept of the sea bunny/nudibranch hoodies but they really needed another couple of passes on some of the design aspects i think

i think the problem with arlo is that they pack so much into the release that you can tell they overlooked some stuff in order to get it out in time, which i appreciate them wanting to constantly give us new content but i would rather wait for it than sacrifice quality
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
finally... after all this time, we now know how to mine for fish.
finally... after all this time, we now know how to mine for fish.
I love the pretty merboys so much [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/334434457190662154/1041174047532261476/thrice.png[/img] And YES, I know, the new ones are also based on sharks so it's not ray-finned fishes, it's back a bit and cartilaginous fishes instead. IRRELEVANT xD
I love the pretty merboys so much

thrice.png

And YES, I know, the new ones are also based on sharks so it's not ray-finned fishes, it's back a bit and cartilaginous fishes instead. IRRELEVANT xD
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
And [i]that[/i] explains the level cap increase I noticed this morning! Those new genes tho [emoji=skydancer star size=1]
And that explains the level cap increase I noticed this morning!

Those new genes tho
3 hours ahead of FR time

Fair warning: I have the social grace of a potato.
ZoeC058.png
those cloaks are to dIE FOR- SO CUTE!
those cloaks are to dIE FOR- SO CUTE!
PQznZys.png
I love the cloaks on male fae and male snappers [emoji=tundra love size=1]
I love the cloaks on male fae and male snappers
chance of leviathan dragon intensifies
chance of leviathan dragon intensifies
yooooooooo
yooooooooo
Finally a place to put all the tools I've accumulated :D Update looks great!
Finally a place to put all the tools I've accumulated :D Update looks great!
FR time +3
She/her
Lovely. I too would like the newer site at the top of the page.
Lovely. I too would like the newer site at the top of the page.
pUaAvHp.pngKNAvkWg.pngbQXuoer.pngtRvToEi.gif67zHSWd.png6CDnDt4.png
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 72 73