Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Covince us to Switch to Your Flight
1 2 3
Hey everyone! I'm Felix! (They/He)
Those of you who have been here a while might remember I did one of these years ago, but with so much time having passed, and myself having changed a lot since the last time, I figure it's time for a new one!

What do you like about your Flight? if you were to convince someone to join it, what would say? especially about the culture parts that only those within your flight boards would know!

We've all seen the official pages for each Flight, but the reality of actually being in yours differs. The people, the memes, the vibes, just, the culture, y'know?

so what would you say to recommend your flight to someone who had never been there? and what might someone who wants to join need to know before they do?

Have you changed flights before? How was it the same, how was it different?
Do you prefer talking to people on your flight boards, or out on the wider interflight forums?

What does your favorite flight do that no one else does?

(Putting this in general because that's where it got the most responses last time! Happy to move this discussion to flight rising discussion if mods think that's a better place for it)
Hey everyone! I'm Felix! (They/He)
Those of you who have been here a while might remember I did one of these years ago, but with so much time having passed, and myself having changed a lot since the last time, I figure it's time for a new one!

What do you like about your Flight? if you were to convince someone to join it, what would say? especially about the culture parts that only those within your flight boards would know!

We've all seen the official pages for each Flight, but the reality of actually being in yours differs. The people, the memes, the vibes, just, the culture, y'know?

so what would you say to recommend your flight to someone who had never been there? and what might someone who wants to join need to know before they do?

Have you changed flights before? How was it the same, how was it different?
Do you prefer talking to people on your flight boards, or out on the wider interflight forums?

What does your favorite flight do that no one else does?

(Putting this in general because that's where it got the most responses last time! Happy to move this discussion to flight rising discussion if mods think that's a better place for it)
Felix. They/He. (They more often, please!)
It's been a minute
Old G1s and other old dragons for sale 4 years and up
@MxFelix Hello! This thread has been moved to FR Discussion. General Discussion is for topics unrelated to Flight Rising only. Thanks!
@MxFelix Hello! This thread has been moved to FR Discussion. General Discussion is for topics unrelated to Flight Rising only. Thanks!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
Thought that might be the case, sorry for the confusion!
Thought that might be the case, sorry for the confusion!
It's been a minute
Wind has been described as a ball pit full of corgis, and that's not far off. We can pull together for a dominance push and be really organized for about a week, then it's back to vibing.
Wind has been described as a ball pit full of corgis, and that's not far off. We can pull together for a dominance push and be really organized for about a week, then it's back to vibing.
@Civen would you say it's a queer friendly place as well?
@Civen would you say it's a queer friendly place as well?
It's been a minute
I’d say all of flight rising is queer friendly :)
I’d say all of flight rising is queer friendly :)
Lightning Runestone
@MxFelix Absolutely. It's a very freedom-oriented flight, so judgmental players wouldn't last long here. For that matter, the whole site has been very queer-friendly; I don't remember how it was when I joined in '15, but since I returned, I've lost count of the number of trans and NB dragons and same-sex pairings I've seen.
@MxFelix Absolutely. It's a very freedom-oriented flight, so judgmental players wouldn't last long here. For that matter, the whole site has been very queer-friendly; I don't remember how it was when I joined in '15, but since I returned, I've lost count of the number of trans and NB dragons and same-sex pairings I've seen.
@StormieTheDark @Civen Been trying to find a good space to hangout since coming out last year and ended up disappointed by a lot of other sites
so that's good to hear!
@StormieTheDark @Civen Been trying to find a good space to hangout since coming out last year and ended up disappointed by a lot of other sites
so that's good to hear!
It's been a minute
up
up
It's been a minute
I’m very in love with wind flight. I’ve never run into any judgmental people, and seen lots of other queers like myself :)

We have a friendly flight overall, with pages dedicated to the lore of the flight as a whole and even stories and songs passed down from dragon to dragon. There’s plenty of flight lore material to work with if you’re into that sort of thing.

We also have a lot of programs, like Windsinger Wednesday, that are fun to participate in and let me contribute to flight doms and other efforts without needing to exalt dragons (I am very new and my clan is super tiny.)
I’m very in love with wind flight. I’ve never run into any judgmental people, and seen lots of other queers like myself :)

We have a friendly flight overall, with pages dedicated to the lore of the flight as a whole and even stories and songs passed down from dragon to dragon. There’s plenty of flight lore material to work with if you’re into that sort of thing.

We also have a lot of programs, like Windsinger Wednesday, that are fun to participate in and let me contribute to flight doms and other efforts without needing to exalt dragons (I am very new and my clan is super tiny.)
1 2 3