Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are you an old-timer?
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25
I joined at the very end of the April 2015 reg. window. Been actively playing ever since. It's been a fun ride so far!
I joined at the very end of the April 2015 reg. window. Been actively playing ever since. It's been a fun ride so far!
30oPYgq.png
Yeah, I'd consider myself to be getting up there.
I joined back in 2016 and so much has changed since then. I take a lot of long breaks, but I always find myself coming back lol.
It's crazy to think I joined back in middle school, and now I'm in college!
Yeah, I'd consider myself to be getting up there.
I joined back in 2016 and so much has changed since then. I take a lot of long breaks, but I always find myself coming back lol.
It's crazy to think I joined back in middle school, and now I'm in college!
Joined back in 2014. Was really active until 2016 I think.. Then started to take really long breaks thought, sometimes logging in just to check around what had changed since last time. Became active again 2021.
So I could say I'm old-timer but also not since I didn't play actively this whole time? Dunno if logging in every half a year really counts.
Joined back in 2014. Was really active until 2016 I think.. Then started to take really long breaks thought, sometimes logging in just to check around what had changed since last time. Became active again 2021.
So I could say I'm old-timer but also not since I didn't play actively this whole time? Dunno if logging in every half a year really counts.
hu72dVR.png
I joined in June 2013.... I was actually in college at the time I joined, I remember hearing about the site on Chicken Smoothie in a little FR fan thread? I do still have some of my earliest dragons from way back in the day, they're so sentimental now.

I did take a hiatus around 2014-2015, but I'd played very solidly since 2017 for sure.

It's weird to think I'll have been on the site for a decade in another half a year! :')
I joined in June 2013.... I was actually in college at the time I joined, I remember hearing about the site on Chicken Smoothie in a little FR fan thread? I do still have some of my earliest dragons from way back in the day, they're so sentimental now.

I did take a hiatus around 2014-2015, but I'd played very solidly since 2017 for sure.

It's weird to think I'll have been on the site for a decade in another half a year! :')
I joined august 2016. Which is only a month off of you but I don't feel like an oldie. Established, absolutely, but not old. I'm personally in the camp of considering pre-color wheel expansion old, so I'm juuust a few months shy of hitting that mark.

I mean, yeah I do think it's wild that I'm so close to hitting 7 years. That's undoubtedly a majority of the site's nearly decade long lifetime, but there's always someone who's seen more, ya know?

I joined august 2016. Which is only a month off of you but I don't feel like an oldie. Established, absolutely, but not old. I'm personally in the camp of considering pre-color wheel expansion old, so I'm juuust a few months shy of hitting that mark.

I mean, yeah I do think it's wild that I'm so close to hitting 7 years. That's undoubtedly a majority of the site's nearly decade long lifetime, but there's always someone who's seen more, ya know?

Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I think I must have joined in one of the very last registration windows. I wouldn't consider my account old but it is pretty wild to think I'm nearing my account's 5th anniversary! I've been active for most of that too with my only real hiatus I can remember being in my first year of playing before I got into the site
I think I must have joined in one of the very last registration windows. I wouldn't consider my account old but it is pretty wild to think I'm nearing my account's 5th anniversary! I've been active for most of that too with my only real hiatus I can remember being in my first year of playing before I got into the site
Vert-divider-100.png
• She/Her
• NZ
• Pigeon Fan
Art shop
This thread reminded me my 7th anniversary here is next week...oof
This thread reminded me my 7th anniversary here is next week...oof
June 10th 2013 and MAN does that make me feel old. I'm mostly mobile now, potato pc filed for it's pension some time ago and with it went my regular geneing/dressing/breeding habits. I mostly forum browse but I'm still active!
June 10th 2013 and MAN does that make me feel old. I'm mostly mobile now, potato pc filed for it's pension some time ago and with it went my regular geneing/dressing/breeding habits. I mostly forum browse but I'm still active!
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
i guess im a teen-category.. definitely not old, but not new either. recently hit the 3 year mark.
innocent eyes came out right after the day i joined... it was a while ago

but man i look up to all long-time players. their lairs are always so pretty and organized! must have taken a long time to build up these specific themes and aesthetics
i guess im a teen-category.. definitely not old, but not new either. recently hit the 3 year mark.
innocent eyes came out right after the day i joined... it was a while ago

but man i look up to all long-time players. their lairs are always so pretty and organized! must have taken a long time to build up these specific themes and aesthetics
oYuEPZ2.pngPE8KYEr.pngMTtORbV.pngybQJlHz.pngu9KXIA8.pngGoVqS9e.png25JQOyr.pnge7NCmti.pngSjV5FiU.pngdEe2UrM.pngMUYNhfy.png
Y8kS5FU.png
[quote name="MissAri" date="2022-11-05 03:06:48" ] I know in my head I'm an old-time player but I don't feel like one. There's always this part of me that's like, "Oh but I wasn't a beta tester" "I'm not a KS backer tho" "I wasn't around for the first Light festival" etc etc so surely I couldn't [i]actually[/i] be considered a veteran. Very silly stuff. I think part of it is also that when you compare my account to others of a similar age, I don't have much in the way of lore, G1s, or UMAs- which have never been my playstyle, but also make me feel like a bit of a country bumpkin [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] [/quote] I’m only like a month older that you and pretty much the same. I’ve only started writing lore in the past week or so. Haha
MissAri wrote on 2022-11-05 03:06:48:
I know in my head I'm an old-time player but I don't feel like one. There's always this part of me that's like, "Oh but I wasn't a beta tester" "I'm not a KS backer tho" "I wasn't around for the first Light festival" etc etc so surely I couldn't actually be considered a veteran. Very silly stuff.

I think part of it is also that when you compare my account to others of a similar age, I don't have much in the way of lore, G1s, or UMAs- which have never been my playstyle, but also make me feel like a bit of a country bumpkin

I’m only like a month older that you and pretty much the same. I’ve only started writing lore in the past week or so. Haha
p5ZHeyn.pngVo1gdXi.gif
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25