Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't Retire the Sprites Just Yet
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 98 99
Support

It's not really only the light sprite, those are just the hardest to get because of circumstances when it came out, but all the sprites eventually will start rising to meet the light sprite in price. In a year or two people who actually do collect and want to "complete the series" (because out of all the familiars the monthly familiars will be the ones that will be a "set" and completable) will be trying to buy each one eventually for 10m.

Now this is nice for the people who already own one, or who notice the trend and started hoarding to sell for later, hey easy money. In my point of view, the ones who are most concern if the the sprites are released again, are the ones who plan to sell for later or want to feel special by having something rare. Not a bad thing, but it is a bad start for the site that the first actual completable familiar set, an event open to everyone, became so rare to actually complete for those that came later.

As for the beastiery, there will be people trying to complete it as a personal goal, even if it does seem futile. For example the pet site Aywas, a few people there were, for a while ,trying to collect every official pet coloration on the site((about 1000+ pets)), even if a new set came out the next month(from the legendary or admin distributed down to the very common). They were trying to get all the entries for their version of the beastiery, at some point many went down to getting all the coloration of a specific species. There are even items that allowed changing a current pet into a random species of a specific month, or another item that gave you a random admin distributed pet. Neither of these items were detrimental to the economy in the long run, even if they were technically re-release or in some cases one of the few ways to get a specific species.(there were event title prizes for owning a certain amount of a species)

So, I agree with many others that the December event should be a re-release of all the monthly familiars from each year at a low percentage. So there will always be a chance to get a familiar, trade it or at least have a better chance to gain one you missed because the influx will lower the market a tiny bit.

I also agree that KS items should not be re-release, since they are who made this site possible in the first place.

As for those saying to just deal with how the system is, the admin hold their word but if a majority of the community ,their customers, have a complaint then I wouldn't be surprised to see a change, other sites have done the same.

While FR is starting its second year, is it still "new", other sites I have been in have had more items released p, pets etc at about the same time (no, no trolls to "go back there"). Eventually FR will grow (especially when open registration is completed) and while we complain about the rarity of one of the first set of monthly pets in the long run it won't matter if they are re-released. Again many other sites do have the re-release option in a form of item.

Truthfully I am not fond of fairies in the least, but I know quite a few people who love to collect as a personal goal, and I have concerns if this is unchallenged then it might be placed on other things that might matter more., especially if deciding to take a few months break. If there is something I truely like, then I save up for it ...if it is within reasonable pricing. I am not saying there shouldn't be rare items, but keep it partially open so there aren't like a handful of familiars/appeal etc at an insane price. Yes the site is about dragons, but that is not the only feature that brought people here.
Support

It's not really only the light sprite, those are just the hardest to get because of circumstances when it came out, but all the sprites eventually will start rising to meet the light sprite in price. In a year or two people who actually do collect and want to "complete the series" (because out of all the familiars the monthly familiars will be the ones that will be a "set" and completable) will be trying to buy each one eventually for 10m.

Now this is nice for the people who already own one, or who notice the trend and started hoarding to sell for later, hey easy money. In my point of view, the ones who are most concern if the the sprites are released again, are the ones who plan to sell for later or want to feel special by having something rare. Not a bad thing, but it is a bad start for the site that the first actual completable familiar set, an event open to everyone, became so rare to actually complete for those that came later.

As for the beastiery, there will be people trying to complete it as a personal goal, even if it does seem futile. For example the pet site Aywas, a few people there were, for a while ,trying to collect every official pet coloration on the site((about 1000+ pets)), even if a new set came out the next month(from the legendary or admin distributed down to the very common). They were trying to get all the entries for their version of the beastiery, at some point many went down to getting all the coloration of a specific species. There are even items that allowed changing a current pet into a random species of a specific month, or another item that gave you a random admin distributed pet. Neither of these items were detrimental to the economy in the long run, even if they were technically re-release or in some cases one of the few ways to get a specific species.(there were event title prizes for owning a certain amount of a species)

So, I agree with many others that the December event should be a re-release of all the monthly familiars from each year at a low percentage. So there will always be a chance to get a familiar, trade it or at least have a better chance to gain one you missed because the influx will lower the market a tiny bit.

I also agree that KS items should not be re-release, since they are who made this site possible in the first place.

As for those saying to just deal with how the system is, the admin hold their word but if a majority of the community ,their customers, have a complaint then I wouldn't be surprised to see a change, other sites have done the same.

While FR is starting its second year, is it still "new", other sites I have been in have had more items released p, pets etc at about the same time (no, no trolls to "go back there"). Eventually FR will grow (especially when open registration is completed) and while we complain about the rarity of one of the first set of monthly pets in the long run it won't matter if they are re-released. Again many other sites do have the re-release option in a form of item.

Truthfully I am not fond of fairies in the least, but I know quite a few people who love to collect as a personal goal, and I have concerns if this is unchallenged then it might be placed on other things that might matter more., especially if deciding to take a few months break. If there is something I truely like, then I save up for it ...if it is within reasonable pricing. I am not saying there shouldn't be rare items, but keep it partially open so there aren't like a handful of familiars/appeal etc at an insane price. Yes the site is about dragons, but that is not the only feature that brought people here.
No support. The point of sites like this is that you have to work for what you want, in one form or another. Anyone saying they don't have the means to do so is just being silly. There are several ways to make money, and there will be even more as the site grows. At the end of the day, you choose your priorities and work towards those goals, which means you can't have everything and have to accept that.

People who have been playing longer and were able to get those items by working for them when they were available or people who paid a lot to get their hands on those now-retired items don't deserve to have their items devalued just because someone else wants to pay less. There are plenty of skins and old festival apparel and KS-only items that are nearly impossible to obtain even for people who have been playing longer, but that doesn't mean it's fair to the people who invested in those things to cut their values drastically. The point of rare is that not many exist and the point of limited edition means it's only available for a small window of time.

If anyone feels like FR ~personally screwed them~ with the sign-up process, maybe it's time to let go of that grudge and accept that it's all just pixels. Enjoy the ones you have, don't sweat the ones you may never gain.
No support. The point of sites like this is that you have to work for what you want, in one form or another. Anyone saying they don't have the means to do so is just being silly. There are several ways to make money, and there will be even more as the site grows. At the end of the day, you choose your priorities and work towards those goals, which means you can't have everything and have to accept that.

People who have been playing longer and were able to get those items by working for them when they were available or people who paid a lot to get their hands on those now-retired items don't deserve to have their items devalued just because someone else wants to pay less. There are plenty of skins and old festival apparel and KS-only items that are nearly impossible to obtain even for people who have been playing longer, but that doesn't mean it's fair to the people who invested in those things to cut their values drastically. The point of rare is that not many exist and the point of limited edition means it's only available for a small window of time.

If anyone feels like FR ~personally screwed them~ with the sign-up process, maybe it's time to let go of that grudge and accept that it's all just pixels. Enjoy the ones you have, don't sweat the ones you may never gain.
[quote name="Jad" date="2014-07-16 22:34:53"][b]no support[/b] Also, we need to stop trying to have this conversation. People kick up an almighty fuss for something that isn't going to change and couch 'i want a light sprite' in 'it's only just and fair for new players if we release the sprites again :)'. Precious few of you ever care to elaborate on what we'll do three years from now when we have even more new players and it's your investments on the line. Answer: 75% of you will kick an almighty fuss in the other direction and turn into the exact same people you're currently calling greedy, selfish, and whatever disparaging quality you think you can zing in under a filter. Not cool, by the way. Sure, there are a handful of people in this thread who genuinely care about a balanced and (more importantly) lasting compromise between older and newer users but they're few and far between and in terrible company on that side of the fence. ONE more release solves [b]nothing[/b] in the long-term unless we're in open registration. So, if that's your argument, I'll have you stop citing 'it's only fair :)' as your stance when you really mean 'this will get ME a light sprite and the new users a year from now can fight their own battles'. I will genuinely be less ruffled if we can drop the pretend righteousness of this movement.[/quote] This. Exactly.
Jad wrote on 2014-07-16 22:34:53:
no support

Also, we need to stop trying to have this conversation. People kick up an almighty fuss for something that isn't going to change and couch 'i want a light sprite' in 'it's only just and fair for new players if we release the sprites again :)'. Precious few of you ever care to elaborate on what we'll do three years from now when we have even more new players and it's your investments on the line.

Answer: 75% of you will kick an almighty fuss in the other direction and turn into the exact same people you're currently calling greedy, selfish, and whatever disparaging quality you think you can zing in under a filter. Not cool, by the way.

Sure, there are a handful of people in this thread who genuinely care about a balanced and (more importantly) lasting compromise between older and newer users but they're few and far between and in terrible company on that side of the fence.

ONE more release solves nothing in the long-term unless we're in open registration. So, if that's your argument, I'll have you stop citing 'it's only fair :)' as your stance when you really mean 'this will get ME a light sprite and the new users a year from now can fight their own battles'. I will genuinely be less ruffled if we can drop the pretend righteousness of this movement.

This. Exactly.
kuiMdyV.png
If it was possible to have negative support, that would be my level.

There are, frankly, some strange arguments being made on the support side. I'm not going to comment in depth, but I pretty much agree with what @jad said.
If it was possible to have negative support, that would be my level.

There are, frankly, some strange arguments being made on the support side. I'm not going to comment in depth, but I pretty much agree with what @jad said.
dregen_with_cool_clothes_by_chocochimbu-d7vhklg.png
No support.

Every site has its rares and if you miss them, you have to work to earn them.
That's what makes them rare and valuable.

You don't get a free pass. You work hard like everyone else.
No support.

image.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gifimage.png
[quote name="SourPlacebo" date="2014-07-17 22:29:55"][b]No support.[/b] Every site has its rares and if you miss them, you have to work to earn them. That's what makes them rare and valuable. You don't get a free pass. You work hard like everyone else.[/quote] This sums up how I feel in a nutshell about this topic I've held back from posting because I've been hoping that people would stop arguing about it and let it die already... But seeing that it's on the front page of the Suggestions Forum every day, might as well speak up with my agreement of [b]No Support[/b] If you want something that badly, then work for it. Nobody's going to hand this stuff to you on a silver platter, and it's kind of childish to automatically think you're entitled to get them for cheap or free (or with holiday currency, which could be considered the equivalent of free if you get it from gathering turns). There are going to be plenty of [i]continuous[/i] opportunities to collect rare and retired items AS they're released, trust me.
SourPlacebo wrote on 2014-07-17 22:29:55:
No support.

This sums up how I feel in a nutshell about this topic

I've held back from posting because I've been hoping that people would stop arguing about it and let it die already...
But seeing that it's on the front page of the Suggestions Forum every day, might as well speak up with my agreement of No Support

If you want something that badly, then work for it. Nobody's going to hand this stuff to you on a silver platter, and it's kind of childish to automatically think you're entitled to get them for cheap or free (or with holiday currency, which could be considered the equivalent of free if you get it from gathering turns).

There are going to be plenty of continuous opportunities to collect rare and retired items AS they're released, trust me.
-sips tea-
[quote name="Jad" date="2014-07-16 22:34:53"][b]no support[/b] Also, we need to stop trying to have this conversation. People kick up an almighty fuss for something that isn't going to change and couch 'i want a light sprite' in 'it's only just and fair for new players if we release the sprites again :)'. Precious few of you ever care to elaborate on what we'll do three years from now when we have even more new players and it's your investments on the line. Answer: 75% of you will kick an almighty fuss in the other direction and turn into the exact same people you're currently calling greedy, selfish, and whatever disparaging quality you think you can zing in under a filter. Not cool, by the way. Sure, there are a handful of people in this thread who genuinely care about a balanced and (more importantly) lasting compromise between older and newer users but they're few and far between and in terrible company on that side of the fence. ONE more release solves [b]nothing[/b] in the long-term unless we're in open registration. So, if that's your argument, I'll have you stop citing 'it's only fair :)' as your stance when you really mean 'this will get ME a light sprite and the new users a year from now can fight their own battles'. I will genuinely be less ruffled if we can drop the pretend righteousness of this movement.[/quote] ::blinks:: this is with the assumption that sprites will only be re- released once. If it goes along the lines of an item in December, then it is just One month where there is a small chance to gain past familiars, possibly of all the years. So, as the years pass most of the past monthly familiars will have a chance to be gained from the December event. I am only assuming as well, so we are both right and wrong since nothing very concrete has been said for December anyways. Yet, going with that line of thinking... New players would continue to have a chance, the price will still be high but not completely out of range in a few years , and an ability to complete a set for those who do like to collect. Even if it does not pass now, I won't be surprised if the topic comes up again when open registration starts and there are many who could be intrested in getting the yearly sets.
Jad wrote on 2014-07-16 22:34:53:
no support

Also, we need to stop trying to have this conversation. People kick up an almighty fuss for something that isn't going to change and couch 'i want a light sprite' in 'it's only just and fair for new players if we release the sprites again :)'. Precious few of you ever care to elaborate on what we'll do three years from now when we have even more new players and it's your investments on the line.

Answer: 75% of you will kick an almighty fuss in the other direction and turn into the exact same people you're currently calling greedy, selfish, and whatever disparaging quality you think you can zing in under a filter. Not cool, by the way.

Sure, there are a handful of people in this thread who genuinely care about a balanced and (more importantly) lasting compromise between older and newer users but they're few and far between and in terrible company on that side of the fence.

ONE more release solves nothing in the long-term unless we're in open registration. So, if that's your argument, I'll have you stop citing 'it's only fair :)' as your stance when you really mean 'this will get ME a light sprite and the new users a year from now can fight their own battles'. I will genuinely be less ruffled if we can drop the pretend righteousness of this movement.

::blinks:: this is with the assumption that sprites will only be re- released once.
If it goes along the lines of an item in December, then it is just One month where there is a small chance to gain past familiars, possibly of all the years.

So, as the years pass most of the past monthly familiars will have a chance to be gained from the December event. I am only assuming as well, so we are both right and wrong since nothing very concrete has been said for December anyways.

Yet, going with that line of thinking... New players would continue to have a chance, the price will still be high but not completely out of range in a few years , and an ability to complete a set for those who do like to collect. Even if it does not pass now, I won't be surprised if the topic comes up again when open registration starts and there are many who could be intrested in getting the yearly sets.
I don't support this.
Perhaps it would make some people happier to have two lists in the bestiary? One that you can fill without much trouble and then a retired list. Just a suggestion if it's the completionist inside of you that is hankering for those old familiars. c:
I don't support this.
Perhaps it would make some people happier to have two lists in the bestiary? One that you can fill without much trouble and then a retired list. Just a suggestion if it's the completionist inside of you that is hankering for those old familiars. c:
cRvvrH3.png
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff.
@MidnightPhantom

Notice the 'yet' in the topic title. This implies an eventual retirement and, having read through all 34 pages of this mess, most people want a one-off thing in December and THEN retirement. I've already acknowledged that a few of you are at least looking out for more than yourselves but that's simply not the rule of thumb in this board.

No support either way, mind you. But watching this board has been a lesson in selfish behavior and, surprisingly, a lot of that didn't come from the people who want the sprites to stay retired. That's why I posted.
@MidnightPhantom

Notice the 'yet' in the topic title. This implies an eventual retirement and, having read through all 34 pages of this mess, most people want a one-off thing in December and THEN retirement. I've already acknowledged that a few of you are at least looking out for more than yourselves but that's simply not the rule of thumb in this board.

No support either way, mind you. But watching this board has been a lesson in selfish behavior and, surprisingly, a lot of that didn't come from the people who want the sprites to stay retired. That's why I posted.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
[quote name="SourPlacebo" date="2014-07-17 22:29:55"][b]No support.[/b] Every site has its rares and if you miss them, you have to work to earn them. That's what makes them rare and valuable. You don't get a free pass. You work hard like everyone else.[/quote] Exactly. You get an extra hour in the ball pit.
SourPlacebo wrote on 2014-07-17 22:29:55:
No support.

Exactly. You get an extra hour in the ball pit.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 98 99