Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make the arena arthritis-accessible
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[quote name="SilverLately" date="2022-10-01 19:21:54" ] I would like to see a text coli version that is accessible both to screen-readers and is able to accept text input (accessible through speach - to -text), and is more accessable to players with slower internet connections. I could imagine it looking something like this: Three enemies appear Blue Dragon Snail 100/100(Left), Creeping Cluser 120/120(Middle), Crimson Reef Snail 110/110(Right) It is Hugin's turn. What will you do >info Hugin has 400/400 hitpoints, 36/120 breath, and no conditions. Hugin can Attack, Item, Defend, or Flee > Attack Select Move >info Hugin has scratch (1), Eliminate (2), and Rally (3) > 1 Select enemy > Left Hugin to attack Blue Dragon Snail (100/100) with scratch? > Yes Hugin attacks Blue Dragon Snail (100/100). The attack connects. Blue Dragon Snail's hitpoints are reduced by 35. It is Blue Dragon Snail 65/100(left)'s turn. Blue Dragon Snail attacks Hugin. Hugin's hitpoints are reduced by 20. Hugin has 360/400 hitpoints remaining [/quote] That would work excellently, actually. I can see how this site might not want to do that, but it's a great idea. I wonder if I could get an existing MUD to work for me? I'll explore that, tysm for bringing it up
SilverLately wrote on 2022-10-01 19:21:54:
I would like to see a text coli version that is accessible both to screen-readers and is able to accept text input (accessible through speach - to -text), and is more accessable to players with slower internet connections. I could imagine it looking something like this:

Three enemies appear
Blue Dragon Snail 100/100(Left), Creeping Cluser 120/120(Middle), Crimson Reef Snail 110/110(Right)
It is Hugin's turn. What will you do
>info
Hugin has 400/400 hitpoints, 36/120 breath, and no conditions. Hugin can Attack, Item, Defend, or Flee
> Attack
Select Move
>info
Hugin has scratch (1), Eliminate (2), and Rally (3)
> 1
Select enemy
> Left
Hugin to attack Blue Dragon Snail (100/100) with scratch?
> Yes
Hugin attacks Blue Dragon Snail (100/100). The attack connects. Blue Dragon Snail's hitpoints are reduced by 35.

It is Blue Dragon Snail 65/100(left)'s turn. Blue Dragon Snail attacks Hugin. Hugin's hitpoints are reduced by 20. Hugin has 360/400 hitpoints remaining

That would work excellently, actually. I can see how this site might not want to do that, but it's a great idea.

I wonder if I could get an existing MUD to work for me? I'll explore that, tysm for bringing it up
zVq7r5uT_o.png
[quote name="sunflowerlizard" date="2022-10-01 18:46:51" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2022-10-01 16:45:25" ] I'm confused what it means to play the game. What are we trying to do? Fifteen or so auto battles wouldn't feed dragons (hardly any) or even impact fest currency that much. What are we trying to do that, say, gathering can't do? And you can't even do gathering, so I'm just. Confused. [/quote] Have fun. 15 or so battles is enough to pick up a chest, a festival token or two, and extra food. On a good pain day or if I'm patient, I can gather. I want to be able to participate in a multiplayer game and not face massive barriers with every single activity on the site. Why do you play FR? [/quote] I play FR to look at my dragons, dress them, and sometimes roleplay them. But I don't need an auto battles to do those things. Most of the time I've played I haven't used coli. It takes too much time and it's not fun to me. So, I'll rephrase. What is fun to do on FR that an auto battler would fix? Because honestly I don't think the auto battler would improve the ability to, say, get apparel if dressing dragons is your thing. Or, really, anything, because of the aforementioned ability for everyone to use it. And it's not like a one-time dump of say 50kt to each person, it's some amount of what amounts to currency on a regular basis forever. Because I don't coli hardly at all. I think I probably do what averges to 15/day during festivals. Chance of a chest at that rate is like 0. (I had zero drop one year.) I do have 90 currency from this fest left without using Baldwin, but I only have one duplicate big apparel piece. The treasure I get from selling hatchlings over the course of the month and I gather in food areas.
sunflowerlizard wrote on 2022-10-01 18:46:51:
Almedha wrote on 2022-10-01 16:45:25:
I'm confused what it means to play the game. What are we trying to do? Fifteen or so auto battles wouldn't feed dragons (hardly any) or even impact fest currency that much. What are we trying to do that, say, gathering can't do? And you can't even do gathering, so I'm just. Confused.
Have fun.

15 or so battles is enough to pick up a chest, a festival token or two, and extra food. On a good pain day or if I'm patient, I can gather. I want to be able to participate in a multiplayer game and not face massive barriers with every single activity on the site.

Why do you play FR?
I play FR to look at my dragons, dress them, and sometimes roleplay them. But I don't need an auto battles to do those things. Most of the time I've played I haven't used coli. It takes too much time and it's not fun to me. So, I'll rephrase. What is fun to do on FR that an auto battler would fix? Because honestly I don't think the auto battler would improve the ability to, say, get apparel if dressing dragons is your thing. Or, really, anything, because of the aforementioned ability for everyone to use it. And it's not like a one-time dump of say 50kt to each person, it's some amount of what amounts to currency on a regular basis forever.

Because I don't coli hardly at all. I think I probably do what averges to 15/day during festivals. Chance of a chest at that rate is like 0. (I had zero drop one year.) I do have 90 currency from this fest left without using Baldwin, but I only have one duplicate big apparel piece. The treasure I get from selling hatchlings over the course of the month and I gather in food areas.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
A text based coliseum that could have inputs mapped to controllers or specific keys, or even voice commands would be a massive step forwards in accessibility. Support for that, but not an auto-battler, sorry

Editing to add: if an auto battler could be set up with pre programmed attacks that you would input once for x amount of battles, required a person to be there, like staying in the tab, solving captchas (not the current ones those are a train wreck but improved ones), that was somewhat limited in capacity (not running 24/7), I would support an auto-battler. It’s unfair to say to people whoops sorry you can’t access a vital part of the money-making section of the game.
A text based coliseum that could have inputs mapped to controllers or specific keys, or even voice commands would be a massive step forwards in accessibility. Support for that, but not an auto-battler, sorry

Editing to add: if an auto battler could be set up with pre programmed attacks that you would input once for x amount of battles, required a person to be there, like staying in the tab, solving captchas (not the current ones those are a train wreck but improved ones), that was somewhat limited in capacity (not running 24/7), I would support an auto-battler. It’s unfair to say to people whoops sorry you can’t access a vital part of the money-making section of the game.
If you do not login 45+ days your dragons fed automatically.
And even dragons starve you lose nothing from that. Dragons will not die they will sit and wait there for years.

And yes I suppose that big lair is some kind of luxury. And if you wanna keep them all needed you must invest in site. You efford (and thus get food from site) or irl moneney (and buy food from others)

And even 3 auto battle meant flood of treasure if every among billions of players start do it dayly (while most nowdays ignore coli)
If you do not login 45+ days your dragons fed automatically.
And even dragons starve you lose nothing from that. Dragons will not die they will sit and wait there for years.

And yes I suppose that big lair is some kind of luxury. And if you wanna keep them all needed you must invest in site. You efford (and thus get food from site) or irl moneney (and buy food from others)

And even 3 auto battle meant flood of treasure if every among billions of players start do it dayly (while most nowdays ignore coli)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I'm also wary of allowing auto-coli or any other type of botting to the game because of the inflation. However, I have some issues with my wrists so I decided to stop going to coli to avoid aggravating it, and I never struggled to get stuff I needed, though I had to move more of my perma-dragons to the den. Basically I just gather and sell the adult fodder and some gathering stuff, it's enough to feed the lair and buy skins I like without needing to farm for chests, with spare money to buy, dress and gene new dragons once in a while. I also use Baldwin for currency, and while I can't get tons of fest stuff for reselling later, I always pick at least a few spare apparel pieces.

Though tbh, feeding is overrated XD There was a time when I didn't feed my dragons at all, and it was fine. I kept breeding fodder by buying cheapest fed rtb and selling them after nesting, and as I didn't coli, I didn't need my battlers to be fed. The adult fodder I sold was still full enough to fight so I didn't inconvenience the buyers with the hungry fodder either. The only thing I lost was the ability to breed my own dragons, but all of the hatchlings ended up as fodder anyway, so... ¯\_(?)_/¯
I'm also wary of allowing auto-coli or any other type of botting to the game because of the inflation. However, I have some issues with my wrists so I decided to stop going to coli to avoid aggravating it, and I never struggled to get stuff I needed, though I had to move more of my perma-dragons to the den. Basically I just gather and sell the adult fodder and some gathering stuff, it's enough to feed the lair and buy skins I like without needing to farm for chests, with spare money to buy, dress and gene new dragons once in a while. I also use Baldwin for currency, and while I can't get tons of fest stuff for reselling later, I always pick at least a few spare apparel pieces.

Though tbh, feeding is overrated XD There was a time when I didn't feed my dragons at all, and it was fine. I kept breeding fodder by buying cheapest fed rtb and selling them after nesting, and as I didn't coli, I didn't need my battlers to be fed. The adult fodder I sold was still full enough to fight so I didn't inconvenience the buyers with the hungry fodder either. The only thing I lost was the ability to breed my own dragons, but all of the hatchlings ended up as fodder anyway, so... ¯\_(?)_/¯
No support.

Accessibility features are good and needed when they can match the entire game design, so dark mode, update to camping screens, ability/clarification on whether coli buttons can be remapped onto other keys or joypads are potential accessibility features as they work with the intended game design. Autobattlers work directly against the intended game design (most obviously: what's then the point of the specifically added camping feature), so they are not an accessibility feature and should not be called such.
No support.

Accessibility features are good and needed when they can match the entire game design, so dark mode, update to camping screens, ability/clarification on whether coli buttons can be remapped onto other keys or joypads are potential accessibility features as they work with the intended game design. Autobattlers work directly against the intended game design (most obviously: what's then the point of the specifically added camping feature), so they are not an accessibility feature and should not be called such.
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="Valemora" date="2022-10-02 01:55:13" ] I'm also wary of allowing auto-coli or any other type of botting to the game because of the inflation. However, I have some issues with my wrists so I decided to stop going to coli to avoid aggravating it, and I never struggled to get stuff I needed, though I had to move more of my perma-dragons to the den. Basically I just gather and sell the adult fodder and some gathering stuff, it's enough to feed the lair and buy skins I like without needing to farm for chests, with spare money to buy, dress and gene new dragons once in a while. I also use Baldwin for currency, and while I can't get tons of fest stuff for reselling later, I always pick at least a few spare apparel pieces. Though tbh, feeding is overrated XD There was a time when I didn't feed my dragons at all, and it was fine. I kept breeding fodder by buying cheapest fed rtb and selling them after nesting, and as I didn't coli, I didn't need my battlers to be fed. The adult fodder I sold was still full enough to fight so I didn't inconvenience the buyers with the hungry fodder either. The only thing I lost was the ability to breed my own dragons, but all of the hatchlings ended up as fodder anyway, so... ¯\_(?)_/¯ [/quote] And even if you wish at some point start breed your perma for nesting, you only need feed 2 dragons per day to keep your nests fully used. Gathering provide enough to feed 2 dragons.
Valemora wrote on 2022-10-02 01:55:13:

And even if you wish at some point start breed your perma for nesting, you only need feed 2 dragons per day to keep your nests fully used. Gathering provide enough to feed 2 dragons.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-10-02 02:06:37" ] And even if you wish at some point start breed your perma for nesting, you only need feed 2 dragons per day to keep your nests fully used. Gathering provide enough to feed 2 dragons. [/quote] True, you only need 100 points for that and those can be gathered easily even with the reduced number of gathering turns, if needed. I just didn't like the look of the lair fed in such way, with some dragons half-fed, some fully fed, some starving, full zeroes looked better :D ___ Tbh, even if FR is not too good for people with nerve/joint damage (but let's be real, not many computer/mobile/tablet/console games are, nearly all require lots of clicking and/or fast reflexes and good mobility in the joints), it's pretty decent, because things are not timed so at least we don't need to click repeatedly AND fast and we can pause whenever we like. No mandatory features either, stuff can always be acquired via alternative means or at least bought from the others, which is also great.
Alkhor wrote on 2022-10-02 02:06:37:
And even if you wish at some point start breed your perma for nesting, you only need feed 2 dragons per day to keep your nests fully used. Gathering provide enough to feed 2 dragons.
True, you only need 100 points for that and those can be gathered easily even with the reduced number of gathering turns, if needed. I just didn't like the look of the lair fed in such way, with some dragons half-fed, some fully fed, some starving, full zeroes looked better :D
___
Tbh, even if FR is not too good for people with nerve/joint damage (but let's be real, not many computer/mobile/tablet/console games are, nearly all require lots of clicking and/or fast reflexes and good mobility in the joints), it's pretty decent, because things are not timed so at least we don't need to click repeatedly AND fast and we can pause whenever we like. No mandatory features either, stuff can always be acquired via alternative means or at least bought from the others, which is also great.
[quote name="Valemora" date="2022-10-02 02:32:32" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-10-02 02:06:37" ] And even if you wish at some point start breed your perma for nesting, you only need feed 2 dragons per day to keep your nests fully used. Gathering provide enough to feed 2 dragons. [/quote] True, you only need 100 points for that and those can be gathered easily even with the reduced number of gathering turns, if needed. I just didn't like the look of the lair fed in such way, with some dragons half-fed, some fully fed, some starving, full zeroes looked better :D ___ Tbh, even if FR is not too good for people with nerve/joint damage (but let's be real, not many computer/mobile/tablet/console games are, nearly all require lots of clicking and/or fast reflexes and good mobility in the joints), it's pretty decent, because things are not timed so at least we don't need to click repeatedly AND fast and we can pause whenever we like. No mandatory features either, stuff can always be acquired via alternative means or at least bought from the others, which is also great. [/quote] This. This is why I stick with FR and not all the other games out there. I can walk away in the middle of a battle without issue. My reflexes are terrible lol Clicking lots is a problem but atleast I don't have to go fast. (I've found when bonding with fams I can put my cursor just so, and flip my mouse over onto its side and click, using the arrows on my keyboard to navigate. It makes my hand less angry haha) You can leave FR for months, without too much issue. I really appreciate that. I like the idea of a text-only format coli option. It would be easier to use for those with vision issues too, as mentioned, being able to use screen readers. It's probably easier to bot, but I'm sure that can be resolved somehow too.
Valemora wrote on 2022-10-02 02:32:32:
Alkhor wrote on 2022-10-02 02:06:37:
True, you only need 100 points for that and those can be gathered easily even with the reduced number of gathering turns, if needed. I just didn't like the look of the lair fed in such way, with some dragons half-fed, some fully fed, some starving, full zeroes looked better :D
___
Tbh, even if FR is not too good for people with nerve/joint damage (but let's be real, not many computer/mobile/tablet/console games are, nearly all require lots of clicking and/or fast reflexes and good mobility in the joints), it's pretty decent, because things are not timed so at least we don't need to click repeatedly AND fast and we can pause whenever we like. No mandatory features either, stuff can always be acquired via alternative means or at least bought from the others, which is also great.
This. This is why I stick with FR and not all the other games out there. I can walk away in the middle of a battle without issue. My reflexes are terrible lol Clicking lots is a problem but atleast I don't have to go fast. (I've found when bonding with fams I can put my cursor just so, and flip my mouse over onto its side and click, using the arrows on my keyboard to navigate. It makes my hand less angry haha)

You can leave FR for months, without too much issue. I really appreciate that.

I like the idea of a text-only format coli option. It would be easier to use for those with vision issues too, as mentioned, being able to use screen readers. It's probably easier to bot, but I'm sure that can be resolved somehow too.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I have arthritis and Ehlers-Danlos and part of why I don't coli much anymore is because of my joint issues (I used to be a super heavy exalter and some of y'all remember me from my "Jon are you OK" leaderboard days). I don't support unlimited autoplay because that would create issues but I do support some kind of way to make coli more accessible, like alternate keybinds, a way to get to the next battle that doesn't involve clicking the mouse (because using the keyboard but then having to click to the next battle screws up my motor issues), "set for 5-10 rounds" (not 20), text-based coli, etc.

The captchas also really need to be addressed. I'm not even blind and I'm having an increasingly hard time with those.
I have arthritis and Ehlers-Danlos and part of why I don't coli much anymore is because of my joint issues (I used to be a super heavy exalter and some of y'all remember me from my "Jon are you OK" leaderboard days). I don't support unlimited autoplay because that would create issues but I do support some kind of way to make coli more accessible, like alternate keybinds, a way to get to the next battle that doesn't involve clicking the mouse (because using the keyboard but then having to click to the next battle screws up my motor issues), "set for 5-10 rounds" (not 20), text-based coli, etc.

The captchas also really need to be addressed. I'm not even blind and I'm having an increasingly hard time with those.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12