Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This is the update I've always wanted
1 2
Okay so, real talk, I was planning on renaming all my lair tabs today anyway, but I never would've thought FR would actually go out of their way and implement a feature that would let me live out my wildest of dreams: having an (almost) mono-dog lair. The only non-canines in my lair right now weren't supposed to be dragons anyway (back when my lair still had dragons instead of dogs). What's more, for my main clan (Barkfrost) you can now see at a glance which of my doggos are loyal to the Shade! It's amazing.

Even if it's just for today - thank you, Flight Rising, thank you and please add more dog familiars to your site.
Okay so, real talk, I was planning on renaming all my lair tabs today anyway, but I never would've thought FR would actually go out of their way and implement a feature that would let me live out my wildest of dreams: having an (almost) mono-dog lair. The only non-canines in my lair right now weren't supposed to be dragons anyway (back when my lair still had dragons instead of dogs). What's more, for my main clan (Barkfrost) you can now see at a glance which of my doggos are loyal to the Shade! It's amazing.

Even if it's just for today - thank you, Flight Rising, thank you and please add more dog familiars to your site.
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

skits_achievement_by_starfruit_anon-dbnbwsb.png
Make your own Dragon Skits over here!
Very good dogs
Very good dogs
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
Your lair is delightful lmao
Your lair is delightful lmao
4780af809beb9cf144809c206d254a2d.png
You lair is asdjfhasjkdfhlkajsdlfkjhaslkjhf amazing
You lair is asdjfhasjkdfhlkajsdlfkjhaslkjhf amazing
dNCLmdm.png
@Darkfrost
wait? you can equip multiples of the same familliar?
@Darkfrost

9Ec97kg.png
I'm so glad people can appreciate these doggos [quote name="@darkmicewar" date="2019-04-01 04:26:52" ] @ Darkfrost wait? you can equip multiples of the same familliar? [/quote] Yep! You can still only bond with them once a day, so it's a really harmless glitch. Basically, to do it you: 1) Make sure the familiar is [b]unequipped[/b] from all your dragons 2) Also, make sure you have at least as many familiars as you want to equip on your dragons 3) open the pages of all the dragons you want to equip the familiar to in seperate tabs, and click on the "Change Familiar" button for all of them (but don't actually select the familiar yet) 3.5) (optional) I like to scroll down to where the familiar is on all the dragon's pages, so I have an easier time finding them 4) Select the familiars you want to equip on each of the dragons And bam, now you have 2+ familiars on the same dragon. I think I read about how to do it a few years ago on the forums, the bug has been around for a while :p
I'm so glad people can appreciate these doggos
@darkmicewar wrote on 2019-04-01 04:26:52:
@ Darkfrost

Yep! You can still only bond with them once a day, so it's a really harmless glitch. Basically, to do it you:

1) Make sure the familiar is unequipped from all your dragons
2) Also, make sure you have at least as many familiars as you want to equip on your dragons
3) open the pages of all the dragons you want to equip the familiar to in seperate tabs, and click on the "Change Familiar" button for all of them (but don't actually select the familiar yet)
3.5) (optional) I like to scroll down to where the familiar is on all the dragon's pages, so I have an easier time finding them
4) Select the familiars you want to equip on each of the dragons

And bam, now you have 2+ familiars on the same dragon. I think I read about how to do it a few years ago on the forums, the bug has been around for a while :p
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

skits_achievement_by_starfruit_anon-dbnbwsb.png
Make your own Dragon Skits over here!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [color=39b647]Since when could you equip multiples of the same familiars?! [color=927501]Oh ok, saw your explanation! Pretty neat!
7xmmeMg.png
Since when could you equip multiples of the same familiars?!

Oh ok, saw your explanation! Pretty neat!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
O.O Wow! I’m glad you explained it because I was thinking it all wasn’t possible.

Its the largest wolf pack clan I’ve ever seen on FR!
O.O Wow! I’m glad you explained it because I was thinking it all wasn’t possible.

Its the largest wolf pack clan I’ve ever seen on FR!
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
87849398.png94846763.png87809713.png.png
you can't do this now from what I'm experiencing. I have 3 of the holiday celebration familliars and can only equip 1 of them. Why does FR do this? if I can purchase multiples, why can I not equip multiples?
you can't do this now from what I'm experiencing. I have 3 of the holiday celebration familliars and can only equip 1 of them. Why does FR do this? if I can purchase multiples, why can I not equip multiples?
@Shell22
As explained above, it was a bug that allowed it to happen. That bug was fixed with the lair page revamp. There are suggestions in the suggestions forum for letting multiple of the same type be assigned to dragons, but you'd have to ask staff to know why they locked it down like that.

My guess would be because people would get confused when you couldn't bond with the different familiars, or would assume that different familiars would have different bond levels. It didn't seem to cause any system issues, but that might have been more luck than anything.
@Shell22
As explained above, it was a bug that allowed it to happen. That bug was fixed with the lair page revamp. There are suggestions in the suggestions forum for letting multiple of the same type be assigned to dragons, but you'd have to ask staff to know why they locked it down like that.

My guess would be because people would get confused when you couldn't bond with the different familiars, or would assume that different familiars would have different bond levels. It didn't seem to cause any system issues, but that might have been more luck than anything.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2