Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shock Switch Brown Tile?
1 2
Bumping this for attention.
There's really no reason not to just add a colour blindness option that doesn't involve switching, making larger or changing the symbols. Considering the issue is that seeing the tiles is difficult because the colours end up essentially the same the solution is to just change the colours or add a mode that addresses the problem.

This in general is just easier to do too, changing or enlarging the symbols require the actual games asset to be edited. Changing the colour can be as simple is playing with sliders in photoshop.

On top of that, the shapes themselves are things like, circle, circle with dot. It's not really enough either way.

Then have it play tested by users who experience colour blindness and address the issue until it's a non issue and they can play.

There's no reason at all to be ablest about the whole thing.

There's really no reason not to just add a colour blindness option that doesn't involve switching, making larger or changing the symbols. Considering the issue is that seeing the tiles is difficult because the colours end up essentially the same the solution is to just change the colours or add a mode that addresses the problem.

This in general is just easier to do too, changing or enlarging the symbols require the actual games asset to be edited. Changing the colour can be as simple is playing with sliders in photoshop.

On top of that, the shapes themselves are things like, circle, circle with dot. It's not really enough either way.

Then have it play tested by users who experience colour blindness and address the issue until it's a non issue and they can play.

Support. I'm not colorblind, but I do have a number of sensory issues many of which that affect my vision. I can't play that game at all because I have to play it based on the symbols and shapes rather than the color (just how my brain processes those sorts of games) but the shapes are too small for my to be able to see. It may not necessarily be an easy fix, but making the symbols bigger is the best, most accessible way to solve this issue
Support. I'm not colorblind, but I do have a number of sensory issues many of which that affect my vision. I can't play that game at all because I have to play it based on the symbols and shapes rather than the color (just how my brain processes those sorts of games) but the shapes are too small for my to be able to see. It may not necessarily be an easy fix, but making the symbols bigger is the best, most accessible way to solve this issue
PT1-top.pngPT2.png
PT1-middle.pngPT3-art-shop.pngPT3-skin-shop.png
PT1-bottom.pngPT4-adoptables.pngPT4-wishlist.png
[quote name="Monako" date="2022-05-07 11:14:13" ] There's no reason at all to be ablest about the whole thing. [/quote] Who's being ableist? I'm missing anybody in here who's being ableist but also didn't read the whole thread very closely. [quote name="MasterMewtwo" date="2022-05-07 05:02:49" ] Bumping this for attention. [/quote] Also, bumping isn't allowed anywhere except sales forums. It's vaguely more chill if you wanna just bring back a thread a few months old or older but I think this is skating the line a little bit more. Anyways, all in all, support. I'm not colorblind or have any visual impairments (other than visual snow but that doesn't count) so I can't speak for anybody but don't see why not. Accessibility is always nice.
Monako wrote on 2022-05-07 11:14:13:
Who's being ableist? I'm missing anybody in here who's being ableist but also didn't read the whole thread very closely.
MasterMewtwo wrote on 2022-05-07 05:02:49:
Also, bumping isn't allowed anywhere except sales forums. It's vaguely more chill if you wanna just bring back a thread a few months old or older but I think this is skating the line a little bit more.

Anyways, all in all, support. I'm not colorblind or have any visual impairments (other than visual snow but that doesn't count) so I can't speak for anybody but don't see why not. Accessibility is always nice.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
Is there any update on this? I am still having a hard time playing, and have stopped playing at all for the most part because of the issues i mentioned when I first posted the thread : (

I would be happy to help coordinate some disabled users who would be able to playtest any alternations to the game for accessibility! though I am sure the staff are well enough to find disabled playtesters on their own. I just wanted to offer, since it may take a weight off haha. In any case, I hope this is gaining a bit of traction behind the scenes and those with visual impairments and sensory issues and such can play the game. It really is quite fun!
Is there any update on this? I am still having a hard time playing, and have stopped playing at all for the most part because of the issues i mentioned when I first posted the thread : (

I would be happy to help coordinate some disabled users who would be able to playtest any alternations to the game for accessibility! though I am sure the staff are well enough to find disabled playtesters on their own. I just wanted to offer, since it may take a weight off haha. In any case, I hope this is gaining a bit of traction behind the scenes and those with visual impairments and sensory issues and such can play the game. It really is quite fun!
[quote name="Multiocular" date="2022-08-30 15:37:55" ] Is there any update on this? I am still having a hard time playing, and have stopped playing at all for the most part because of the issues i mentioned when I first posted the thread : ( I would be happy to help coordinate some disabled users who would be able to playtest any alternations to the game for accessibility! though I am sure the staff are well enough to find disabled playtesters on their own. I just wanted to offer, since it may take a weight off haha. In any case, I hope this is gaining a bit of traction behind the scenes and those with visual impairments and sensory issues and such can play the game. It really is quite fun! [/quote] The Devs don't usually comment or give ETAs for things in Suggestions, but I think it's safe to say given what they've stated in their assorted Community Updates that any revamps to the Fairgrounds games are likely going to have to wait until the site is completely refactored. Shock Switch in itself is likely going to be a bit of a unique pickle because it was (I believe) the last game largely created by a former Dev that is no longer associated with Flight Rising. Shock Switch has actually had a lot of accessibility problems since its inception, largely related to said Dev (ie. concern about the lightning effects causing seizures and the availability of an reduced/effects-free version.) That's not to say that this isn't a likely revamp or that I don't support it. I 100% support making the icons more prominent and perhaps utilizing color palettes that are more accessible. Just offering my opinion on why it's unlikely to see any movement on something like this right away.
Multiocular wrote on 2022-08-30 15:37:55:

The Devs don't usually comment or give ETAs for things in Suggestions, but I think it's safe to say given what they've stated in their assorted Community Updates that any revamps to the Fairgrounds games are likely going to have to wait until the site is completely refactored.

Shock Switch in itself is likely going to be a bit of a unique pickle because it was (I believe) the last game largely created by a former Dev that is no longer associated with Flight Rising. Shock Switch has actually had a lot of accessibility problems since its inception, largely related to said Dev (ie. concern about the lightning effects causing seizures and the availability of an reduced/effects-free version.)

That's not to say that this isn't a likely revamp or that I don't support it. I 100% support making the icons more prominent and perhaps utilizing color palettes that are more accessible. Just offering my opinion on why it's unlikely to see any movement on something like this right away.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
1 2