Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fave widely-forgotten/hated characters?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
widely hated huh... (looks at list) nikolai/nicholai from resident evil... almost every single non-rival-ace antagonist from ace combat (i.e. hamilton, joshua bristow, clemens, etc.), akainu from one piece, diethard from code geass, kurotowa from nausicaa... i could go on, but i will spare myself any further embarrassment XD the widely-forgotten list is even longer/has some overlap with the hated characters

i think for some characters, i'm the sole active creator of content featuring them :')
widely hated huh... (looks at list) nikolai/nicholai from resident evil... almost every single non-rival-ace antagonist from ace combat (i.e. hamilton, joshua bristow, clemens, etc.), akainu from one piece, diethard from code geass, kurotowa from nausicaa... i could go on, but i will spare myself any further embarrassment XD the widely-forgotten list is even longer/has some overlap with the hated characters

i think for some characters, i'm the sole active creator of content featuring them :')
I'd say my latest is Haley from Stardew Valley; although she's just rude rather than full-on "problematic" imo.

I really appreciate the character development she undergoes as the player character bonds with her! I also feel there is a bit of a double standard where people are more willing to give initially rude male characters like Alex or Shane a chance, while having much less patience for Haley.
I'd say my latest is Haley from Stardew Valley; although she's just rude rather than full-on "problematic" imo.

I really appreciate the character development she undergoes as the player character bonds with her! I also feel there is a bit of a double standard where people are more willing to give initially rude male characters like Alex or Shane a chance, while having much less patience for Haley.
WIP
Fi from skyward sword is an annoying game mechanic but a great character, change my mind
Fi from skyward sword is an annoying game mechanic but a great character, change my mind
| link | they/he | FR+0 |
him -_- [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c2/94/5f/c2945f0cf1500621a81abbd8d0a019d0.jpg[/img]
him -_-

c2945f0cf1500621a81abbd8d0a019d0.jpg
HkhtXgT.png
bYt72YT.png
hh5n4WA.png
woVoZAh.png
optH9Kd.png
iIEq96a.gif
Oh, Lord Lolorito from FFXIV is the pinnacle of this for me. I go in his twitter search and scroll through pages of hate tweets about him. It makes me laugh because I fully understand and respect the dislike he gets, but I do feel like I'm one of like 10 people who are proper fans of him.
Oh, Lord Lolorito from FFXIV is the pinnacle of this for me. I go in his twitter search and scroll through pages of hate tweets about him. It makes me laugh because I fully understand and respect the dislike he gets, but I do feel like I'm one of like 10 people who are proper fans of him.

That is why we live like heathens
Stealing from the trees of Eden
Living in the arms of freedom
And everything we touch is evil
i don't think many people talk about the fnaf trilogy books these days but carlton was a cool guy.

i think a lot of people hate shane from stardew valley. it mostly just comes from the fact that he's rude to you when you first meet him. he gets better when you get to know him i swear.
i don't think many people talk about the fnaf trilogy books these days but carlton was a cool guy.

i think a lot of people hate shane from stardew valley. it mostly just comes from the fact that he's rude to you when you first meet him. he gets better when you get to know him i swear.
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
[quote name="Fantastica" date="2022-08-28 17:23:47" ] Oh, Lord Lolorito from FFXIV is the pinnacle of this for me. I go in his twitter search and scroll through pages of hate tweets about him. It makes me laugh because I fully understand and respect the dislike he gets, but I do feel like I'm one of like 10 people who are proper fans of him. [/quote] Kinda feel this one, lol. I had to look up Lord Lolorito since I’ve never played XIV (don’t do well on online games, sadly), but I will say my problematic fave is also from the FF franchise and I have not seen a single positive word for him. It’s kind of a weird feeling looking at the internet and thinking “I might be the only person who kinda likes this guy”, huh? Out of curiosity, what do you find cool about him? I got the impression he’s a clever, scheming kinda guy, which I can definitely respect. I like characters who plan stuff instead of just go for the attack!
Fantastica wrote on 2022-08-28 17:23:47:

Kinda feel this one, lol. I had to look up Lord Lolorito since I’ve never played XIV (don’t do well on online games, sadly), but I will say my problematic fave is also from the FF franchise and I have not seen a single positive word for him. It’s kind of a weird feeling looking at the internet and thinking “I might be the only person who kinda likes this guy”, huh?

Out of curiosity, what do you find cool about him? I got the impression he’s a clever, scheming kinda guy, which I can definitely respect. I like characters who plan stuff instead of just go for the attack!

unknown.png
Chicken Boo from animaniacs [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/animaniacs/images/f/f0/Chickenbootheme.png[/img] He doesn't act like the other chickens do, he wears a disguise to look like human guys but he's not a man he's a chicken boo. I think nobody likes him because his segments are boring as hell but I get him
Chicken Boo from animaniacs
Chickenbootheme.png
He doesn't act like the other chickens do, he wears a disguise to look like human guys but he's not a man he's a chicken boo. I think nobody likes him because his segments are boring as hell but I get him
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
I wouldn't entirely say forgotten as Legends Arceus gave Ingo more popularity/spotlight(Emmet his twin brother is favored more, I think). Emmet and Ingo are the subway masters in Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78163442][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/781635/78163442_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78880558][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/788806/78880558_350.png[/img][/url]
I wouldn't entirely say forgotten as Legends Arceus gave Ingo more popularity/spotlight(Emmet his twin brother is favored more, I think). Emmet and Ingo are the subway masters in Pokémon Black and White 1 & 2.
78163442_350.png
78880558_350.png
hIMo3xJ.png f4iXRVq.png
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.png
FObX7rS.png
DxCICZ1.png
*exaggerated sigh* Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. Problematic favorite.
*exaggerated sigh* Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. Problematic favorite.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9