Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Did they just remove agility?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="EeveeDream" date="2022-08-10 10:35:11" ] Just because the agility points are gone, doesn't mean it isn't still tied to RNG, guys [/quote] But if agi was so bad that they needed to pull stat points, they're planning to put them into something else (tankiness? strength?) to make enemies proportionally harder… and there's no visible difference in how this affects the dodge mechanics (as someone who didn't even realize that they'd removed agi points after going into Coli for a while), why not just leave agi as is and [i]not[/i] increase the tankiness of enemies elsewhere? [emoji=ridgeback confused size=1] Edit: don't get me wrong, I'm fine with rng dodging! I was fine with agi as is (assuming it worked before this? I'm still unclear on that). What I'm worried about is that the devs are saying "don't worry, we fixed this because it was no fun, but we're going to make the enemies stronger by increasing other stats" but… there seems to be no noticeable decrease in dodges, so increasing other stats has the potential to be much [i]less[/i] fun.
EeveeDream wrote on 2022-08-10 10:35:11:
Just because the agility points are gone, doesn't mean it isn't still tied to RNG, guys

But if agi was so bad that they needed to pull stat points, they're planning to put them into something else (tankiness? strength?) to make enemies proportionally harder… and there's no visible difference in how this affects the dodge mechanics (as someone who didn't even realize that they'd removed agi points after going into Coli for a while), why not just leave agi as is and not increase the tankiness of enemies elsewhere?

Edit: don't get me wrong, I'm fine with rng dodging! I was fine with agi as is (assuming it worked before this? I'm still unclear on that). What I'm worried about is that the devs are saying "don't worry, we fixed this because it was no fun, but we're going to make the enemies stronger by increasing other stats" but… there seems to be no noticeable decrease in dodges, so increasing other stats has the potential to be much less fun.
[quote name="EeveeDream" date="2022-08-10 10:35:11" ] Just because the agility points are gone, doesn't mean it isn't still tied to RNG, guys [/quote] But the fact so many users are having consistent dodges out of nowhere, and lots of users been seeing at least 1 every (other) battle, back to back dodges, and teams are taking longer to level up. It may very well be terrible rng luck, but it shouldn't be happening to almost all users using the Coli.
EeveeDream wrote on 2022-08-10 10:35:11:
Just because the agility points are gone, doesn't mean it isn't still tied to RNG, guys
But the fact so many users are having consistent dodges out of nowhere, and lots of users been seeing at least 1 every (other) battle, back to back dodges, and teams are taking longer to level up. It may very well be terrible rng luck, but it shouldn't be happening to almost all users using the Coli.
ImLwTCX.pngNew_Ice_Banner.png Hello! Call me Crazy or Panda.
-I accept friend requests if I know you
-She/They
-A gamer and artist
-FR time +2
New_Ice_Banner.pngImLwTCX.png
@EeveeDream That's a bit of a reductive way to look at it. If the staff's intent was to noticeably lessen dodge chances for the sake of player experience, it seems like this cut didn't actually change much. If the randomness is such that players aren't noticing a difference in how frustrating it is and/or getting their teams wiped due to bad streaks just as often, they didn't quite have the intended effect.
@EeveeDream That's a bit of a reductive way to look at it. If the staff's intent was to noticeably lessen dodge chances for the sake of player experience, it seems like this cut didn't actually change much. If the randomness is such that players aren't noticing a difference in how frustrating it is and/or getting their teams wiped due to bad streaks just as often, they didn't quite have the intended effect.
RU_SMALL.gif
I just tried a bit of grinding and I had Elim miss 3 times when I had just built up the breath :'c It definitely feels worse right now
I just tried a bit of grinding and I had Elim miss 3 times when I had just built up the breath :'c It definitely feels worse right now
FRFlightPrideBannerLight_zpsb04aa25a.png
the general dodge rate mayyyybee got sligghhttly better, but it's incredibly hard to tell, and i still had an enemy dodge me 3 times in a row which i feel like shouldn't be possible if the rates were lowered by any tangible amount.
the general dodge rate mayyyybee got sligghhttly better, but it's incredibly hard to tell, and i still had an enemy dodge me 3 times in a row which i feel like shouldn't be possible if the rates were lowered by any tangible amount.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
Dodge rate feels exactly the same to me. Missing three Eliminates in a row, or missing the first Eliminate I'm able to actually do are completely normal parts of leveling for me.
Dodge rate feels exactly the same to me. Missing three Eliminates in a row, or missing the first Eliminate I'm able to actually do are completely normal parts of leveling for me.
UwPE0Qp.png
Came to the forums to see if anyone else experienced what happened to me and it seems it's at least similar.

The first hour after the event started, I had only 3-4 dodges, but after taking a break and getting back to it now for a few hours it feels like the same rate again at best. Wonder if something happened behind the scenes...

That first hour of grinding was so nice, I want it back TT_TT
Came to the forums to see if anyone else experienced what happened to me and it seems it's at least similar.

The first hour after the event started, I had only 3-4 dodges, but after taking a break and getting back to it now for a few hours it feels like the same rate again at best. Wonder if something happened behind the scenes...

That first hour of grinding was so nice, I want it back TT_TT
HAMjv9v.png4RthJ3d.pngDMEC8SP.pngQo8xgSK.pngrKzc8tP.png3PjEAWJ.png XxRoops | He/They

XxDigital Artist
Xx(Lore?) Writer
XxFire Tert. Gen1's

XxFR Tumblr!
Yeah I don't know if it's just because we're all thinking about it but dodges definitely feel worse now....
Yeah I don't know if it's just because we're all thinking about it but dodges definitely feel worse now....
pixelparadise.gif

dont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
hemogoblinloafXS.png
I think some of the dodge experience is that we're starting the WW event. The first day of coli-heavy events always seems to make dodging worse for me. So what I'm experiencing isn't any better or worse than my usual first day of everyone-in-the-coli-at-the-same-time. If they hadn't announced the change, I wouldn't think anything of it.
I think some of the dodge experience is that we're starting the WW event. The first day of coli-heavy events always seems to make dodging worse for me. So what I'm experiencing isn't any better or worse than my usual first day of everyone-in-the-coli-at-the-same-time. If they hadn't announced the change, I wouldn't think anything of it.
LvA Contribution
Dodge rate seems much the same as before to me.
Dodge rate seems much the same as before to me.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9