Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New colors. Possible? No.
1 2 3 4 5 6
So, hypothetically, if devs decided to add a new shade (for dragons obviously), which is really doubted because we practically already have an amazing span of shades, how do you think most people will take it?
I certainly believe that breeders or people who like making themselves suffer would go after this shade. Honestly, if there happened to be a new shade of color they added, I’d hope it’d be a new blue, but that’s just me.
Opinions?
So, hypothetically, if devs decided to add a new shade (for dragons obviously), which is really doubted because we practically already have an amazing span of shades, how do you think most people will take it?
I certainly believe that breeders or people who like making themselves suffer would go after this shade. Honestly, if there happened to be a new shade of color they added, I’d hope it’d be a new blue, but that’s just me.
Opinions?
KACHOW
They're not going to add just *one* color.

If they expand the color wheel, expect something akin to 80+ colors being added, most of them being double/toned colors such as Metals.

Anyway, there are some transitions that I don't feel are that seamless,

Goldenrod is probably the biggest offender on the wheel. IT would need a color before it, and after it

If they expand the color wheel, expect something akin to 80+ colors being added, most of them being double/toned colors such as Metals.

Goldenrod is probably the biggest offender on the wheel. IT would need a color before it, and after it
I'm torn, because it does feel like more colors are needed - some colors in the wheel being next to each other doesn't make any sense, feel too abrupt and need something in between. (I particularly feel like more pink tones could exist)

On the other hand like last time it absolutely decimates current breeding projects / hatchery pairs etc, by adding interrupting new colors unexpectedly.
I'm torn, because it does feel like more colors are needed - some colors in the wheel being next to each other doesn't make any sense, feel too abrupt and need something in between. (I particularly feel like more pink tones could exist)

On the other hand like last time it absolutely decimates current breeding projects / hatchery pairs etc, by adding interrupting new colors unexpectedly.
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
this made me revisit the fan-made color thread and its a dire need
this made me revisit the fan-made color thread and its a dire need
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
[quote name="Lucks" date="2022-07-29 07:50:38" ] I'm torn, because it does feel like more colors are needed - some colors in the wheel being next to each other doesn't make any sense, feel too abrupt and need something in between. (I particularly feel like more pink tones could exist) On the other hand like last time it absolutely decimates current breeding projects / hatchery pairs etc, by adding interrupting new colors unexpectedly. [/quote] Mauve is weirdly isolated, and we could absolutely have something between Fuchsia and Magenta, as well as near Coral. [quote] On the other hand like last time it absolutely decimates current breeding projects / hatchery pairs etc, by adding interrupting new colors unexpectedly. [/quote] Having a new color wheel being an opt-in option could work for a limited time (6 months) but for Gen 1's, people are on their own. :D
Lucks wrote on 2022-07-29 07:50:38:

Mauve is weirdly isolated, and we could absolutely have something between Fuchsia and Magenta, as well as near Coral.
Quote:

Having a new color wheel being an opt-in option could work for a limited time (6 months) but for Gen 1's, people are on their own. :D
i want more dual tones that would be SO good give me m o r e
i want more dual tones that would be SO good give me m o r e
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2022-07-29 07:46:24" ] They're not going to add just *one* color. If they expand the color wheel, expect something akin to 80+ colors being added, most of them being double/toned colors such as Metals. Anyway, there are some transitions that I don't feel are that seamless, Goldenrod is probably the biggest offender on the wheel. IT would need a color before it, and after it [/quote] True, I couldn’t have said it better.
Corviknight wrote on 2022-07-29 07:46:24:

True, I couldn’t have said it better.
KACHOW
@vodizea omg can you link it pls i've never seen this
@vodizea omg can you link it pls i've never seen this
they/them
b82c3872f2aea38ea15bfd6d3fbce91f9e9a0b8c.gif
@Glampire enjoy :3
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2525136#post_2525136
@Glampire enjoy :3
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2525136#post_2525136
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
@vodizea ooooogh thank you. that gave me difficulties