Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ¤~~an endless garden [2.0] ~~¤
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 105 106
[center][size=6]Thundercrack's Garden Contest![/size][/center] Our fourth contest uses the same rules as the second--see [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/3112071/22#post_51319741]here[/url]--except that it ends [b]at the Saturday the 30th-Sunday the 31st Rollover[/b] (aka ~when dom's next calculated) [center][size=5]Theme: Beyond The Outskirts[/size] [i]To celebrate Thundercrack, we're wandering out past the hum of the conduits, down to where the air smells less like ozone, more like hunger for rain. Not many dragons visit these places--what fantastical things are growing in the wastes?[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MwWhyvI.png[/img] Contest Seeds: [font=monospace]CJMfbCEQbf, CRm0DC1qqm, C0JK4C46-b, CS8huB-97o, CGiRqC9S9q, CSvjPC4tqU, C1plzC60OL, CKuSzCEp04, CFBTbC5eiZ, C6oMaC7Yk4[/font][/center] Remember, there's rocks and bones available from the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/3112071/21#post_51314432]conservation set[/url]!
Thundercrack's Garden Contest!

Our fourth contest uses the same rules as the second--see here--except that it ends at the Saturday the 30th-Sunday the 31st Rollover (aka ~when dom's next calculated)
Theme: Beyond The Outskirts
To celebrate Thundercrack, we're wandering out past the hum of the conduits, down to where the air smells less like ozone, more like hunger for rain. Not many dragons visit these places--what fantastical things are growing in the wastes?

MwWhyvI.png
Contest Seeds: CJMfbCEQbf, CRm0DC1qqm, C0JK4C46-b, CS8huB-97o, CGiRqC9S9q, CSvjPC4tqU, C1plzC60OL, CKuSzCEp04, CFBTbC5eiZ, C6oMaC7Yk4

Remember, there's rocks and bones available from the conservation set!
cL9yafY.gif
@Necralisk Yeah, claim away! @almosteverything @Aarune Thanks for sharing kind words <3 the artists really knocked it out of the park. @cartographic Best of luck! I'm working on the songbirds at this very moment, pixel art is so relaxing :D ETA: very weird-shaped songbird [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/906561273276297230/1000948791119196212/unknown.png[/img] @WynnDawnstrider Oh yeah, snow on plants would be great! I have a system in mind eventually: because of how the tool works, a plant that exists + snow on it is technically an entirely different plant. So rather than adding those to the pool (and so having twice the chance of getting a certain plant, and a 50% chance of getting a snowy plant if all plants had one), it might be cool to have "variants" where, for example, you pop a pine tree seed into a tool and it says "okay, here's all the variants designed for that base", and one is the snow one, and you can switch between them freely. They'd have different seeds because they're technically different plants, but then we could have as many variants as we like without messing with the generator. Some day! @SpiritKin Yup, Xaotician and Red brought in some cool ones for sure :D [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/HRdOt9E.png[/img][/center] Left to right they're dragonblood tree, prickly pear, Australian grass tree, barrel cactus, desert rose, a larger prickly pear, and wild desert rose. [img]http://www.birdlist.org/images/nature_pictures/national_parks/ethiopia_pictures/adenium_obesum_desert_rose_ethiopia.jpg[/img] Wild desert rose will be a new favorite for me, I had no idea they looked so different from what I've seen in botanical gardens! What a chonker.
@Necralisk Yeah, claim away!

@almosteverything @Aarune Thanks for sharing kind words <3 the artists really knocked it out of the park.

@cartographic Best of luck! I'm working on the songbirds at this very moment, pixel art is so relaxing :D ETA: very weird-shaped songbird unknown.png

@WynnDawnstrider Oh yeah, snow on plants would be great! I have a system in mind eventually: because of how the tool works, a plant that exists + snow on it is technically an entirely different plant. So rather than adding those to the pool (and so having twice the chance of getting a certain plant, and a 50% chance of getting a snowy plant if all plants had one), it might be cool to have "variants" where, for example, you pop a pine tree seed into a tool and it says "okay, here's all the variants designed for that base", and one is the snow one, and you can switch between them freely. They'd have different seeds because they're technically different plants, but then we could have as many variants as we like without messing with the generator. Some day!

@SpiritKin Yup, Xaotician and Red brought in some cool ones for sure :D
HRdOt9E.png

Left to right they're dragonblood tree, prickly pear, Australian grass tree, barrel cactus, desert rose, a larger prickly pear, and wild desert rose.

adenium_obesum_desert_rose_ethiopia.jpg

Wild desert rose will be a new favorite for me, I had no idea they looked so different from what I've seen in botanical gardens! What a chonker.
cL9yafY.gif
I confess I will probably stick with v1 of the spreadsheet because a) I am a gremlin who just uses the built in colour and base sorters in the View Collection tool to organize everything as needed 'cos that's easier for me, and b) I have 850 seeds and would probably shrivel like a salted slug copying them all over (unless there's a way to copy and paste a whole column?? there has to be, right?). Also finally got more conservation challenge bits done today! [LIST] [*] Removed a few bits of trash from the yard (a few rusty nails and screws and a nasty chunk of glass, plus some snack wrapper that fluttered in) [*]I vaguely understood pinching off before but only vaguely, because gardeners are TERRIBLE at explaining things in actionable ways. (Sometimes I think they are like this on purpose out of fear of having their gardens upstaged, [i]Ethel[/i].) I got the hang of it yesterday and have since inflicted it on most of the herb box and every single one of my pet mezoos, plus an echeveria just to see what happens. [*]Removed a lot of noxious weeds. A lot. I think I complained about creeping bellflower before, but we are waging a longterm war against them in the garden, and they're tier 3 noxious where I live (on par with dandelions, despite being way harder to deal with). You have to go in there with a pitchfork and pry up chunks of earth to get the stupid hidden tubers that are lurking way down there. [*]I don't know if this counts as a plant fact or a bee fact, but if you find perfect coin-sized holes punched into a bunch of leaves, that is likely the work of a leafcutter bee! Please leave her alone, she's a hardworking pollinator trying to build a nest. They like to hit up our honeysuckle shrub for bedding. [*]And lastly, here are Dorothies 4-11. I keep a few mezoos on a windowsill and recently cut them way way back. The choicest trimmings got replanted and they're having a grand time in a new pot.[/LIST] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/46359f40644f5700578347e595fa5c89.jpg[/img] Yes, every single one of them is named Dorothy. I don't make the rules. eta: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/0d3da95e56ef441911b0e24f7442d7bc.png[/img] Fortune is with me today!
I confess I will probably stick with v1 of the spreadsheet because a) I am a gremlin who just uses the built in colour and base sorters in the View Collection tool to organize everything as needed 'cos that's easier for me, and b) I have 850 seeds and would probably shrivel like a salted slug copying them all over (unless there's a way to copy and paste a whole column?? there has to be, right?).

Also finally got more conservation challenge bits done today!
  • Removed a few bits of trash from the yard (a few rusty nails and screws and a nasty chunk of glass, plus some snack wrapper that fluttered in)
  • I vaguely understood pinching off before but only vaguely, because gardeners are TERRIBLE at explaining things in actionable ways. (Sometimes I think they are like this on purpose out of fear of having their gardens upstaged, Ethel.) I got the hang of it yesterday and have since inflicted it on most of the herb box and every single one of my pet mezoos, plus an echeveria just to see what happens.
  • Removed a lot of noxious weeds. A lot. I think I complained about creeping bellflower before, but we are waging a longterm war against them in the garden, and they're tier 3 noxious where I live (on par with dandelions, despite being way harder to deal with). You have to go in there with a pitchfork and pry up chunks of earth to get the stupid hidden tubers that are lurking way down there.
  • I don't know if this counts as a plant fact or a bee fact, but if you find perfect coin-sized holes punched into a bunch of leaves, that is likely the work of a leafcutter bee! Please leave her alone, she's a hardworking pollinator trying to build a nest. They like to hit up our honeysuckle shrub for bedding.
  • And lastly, here are Dorothies 4-11. I keep a few mezoos on a windowsill and recently cut them way way back. The choicest trimmings got replanted and they're having a grand time in a new pot.

46359f40644f5700578347e595fa5c89.jpg

Yes, every single one of them is named Dorothy. I don't make the rules.

eta:
0d3da95e56ef441911b0e24f7442d7bc.png
Fortune is with me today!
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
i really wanna try the new sheet but i have 800 seeds and im also awful at categorizing things lmao. might work on it here and there though!

but im confused on the "large setpiece" category. what does that mean?
i really wanna try the new sheet but i have 800 seeds and im also awful at categorizing things lmao. might work on it here and there though!

but im confused on the "large setpiece" category. what does that mean?
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
@Oranitha Didn't manage to complete/test it in time for the desert update whoops- But I made some [url=https://imgur.com/a/hu4P2hK]Organ Pipe Cacti[/url]! Made them big because they can grow up to 23 feet or 7m tall- they're huge! On their own: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/8e8k46d.png[/img][/center] And beside Xaotician's Barrel Cactus and my giant tree for a size comparison: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/grka7xU.png[/img][/center]
@Oranitha
Didn't manage to complete/test it in time for the desert update whoops- But I made some Organ Pipe Cacti! Made them big because they can grow up to 23 feet or 7m tall- they're huge!

On their own:
8e8k46d.png
And beside Xaotician's Barrel Cactus and my giant tree for a size comparison:
grka7xU.png
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa4l8x2fP.gif
my garden for the TCC contest! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635659874407284746/1000939902684373002/tccgardencontest.png[/img]
my garden for the TCC contest!

tccgardencontest.png
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
@Oranitha Just wanted to let you know, for some reason my Garden Utilities doesn't seem to like a lot of the new plants. I try to plug them in, and just get a blank. I'm using Firefox, and I'm not sure if maybe it needs an update or something?
@Oranitha Just wanted to let you know, for some reason my Garden Utilities doesn't seem to like a lot of the new plants. I try to plug them in, and just get a blank. I'm using Firefox, and I'm not sure if maybe it needs an update or something?
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@cartographic Have you refreshed the page since the update hit? Quick ctrl+r might clear things up, hopefully!
@cartographic Have you refreshed the page since the update hit? Quick ctrl+r might clear things up, hopefully!
cL9yafY.gif
Why no I did not. It's fixed now, thank you! XD
Why no I did not. It's fixed now, thank you! XD
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Are the contest seeds ones anyone is allowed to use for this contest ( but only the winner is allowed to keep in collection)?

I can't think of another reason why the seed codes would all be there but ahh I don't wanna be just assuming
Are the contest seeds ones anyone is allowed to use for this contest ( but only the winner is allowed to keep in collection)?

I can't think of another reason why the seed codes would all be there but ahh I don't wanna be just assuming
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png
~ he/they ~
~ FR time + 0 ~
~ introvert ~
~ artist ~
~
tumblr_inline_njw5itnLdZ1qg2i5p.gif
9TTYsPU.pngtumblr_osymzb0x6C1v8lm95o2_r1_100.png
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 105 106